Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 13th August 2015, 03:00   #1  |  Link
kirous

[DVD LAB PRO]I need help to create audio and subtitles in a VM COMMAND

Hello, here again to help me. I wonder how I can make a submenu audio and subtitles, using the VM COMMAND.

Here a simple structure:

*Subtitulos*
Spanish
none

Main

The idea is, when I select the Spanish, I should jump to the button main menu, select none as if I also should jump to the main menu button.

Apart from the first structure, an intermediate Here:

*Audio*
English
Spanish

*Subtitles*
Spanish
None

Main

Finally, advanced:

*Audio*
English
Spanish
French
Chinese

*Subtitles*
Spanish
French
Chinese
Japanese
None

Main

The latter two structures, the idea is when I select any of the audio, I should skip the subtitle button, and when I select any of the subtitles, I must jump to the main menu button. As should be done in the VM COMMAND?

Rather, he was looking for that topic in another post, but not much tells you 100 percent.

I hope this new topic, explain to me much more detail.... I hope that with this I can understand. Sorry my bad English XD!!
kirous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 09:03   #2  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

First case:

The idea is to process the necessary commands that changes the audio or subtitle (usually by modifying the value od a GPRM), and then jump back to the menu, after having selected the default button. For example, if the commands are processed in the post-commands area, leave the commands that change the GPRMs or SetSTN, and replace the jump that continues the navigation with a command such as:
[20 07 00 00 00 00 0C 01] 1 LinkCN Cell 1, button 3 (3072)
This will restart the playback of cell 1 of the current PGC and pre-select button 3 (the "Main" button).

All other variants can be processed with similar commands. Use the SetHL_BTN command (or the "button" option of the jump or link command) to define the button to pre-select, and jump back to the audio/subtitle menu, instead of directly to the main menu or the movie.

I don't know if it is possible to do that with DVDLabPro. But it's easy with PgcEdit.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 06:39   #3  |  Link
kirous

Hello again, Thanks for helping. I have tried to do, but if it works when it is only one single (first structure), with that I have no major problem in what is the command : LinkCN Cell 1, button 3.

You can also be done by adding the POST - COMMAND, the command:

(SetHL_BTN) Set Highlighted Button =(mov) 3072 (button 3)

Without using PgcEdit... This command really works well.

On PgcEdit, as you say it is easy, but do not know how to use it. He was trying to jump on the buttons in the submenu of SETUP.

Here the picture:

http://postimg.org/image/em2n4aanx/

Here are some commands that I used:

LinkCN + Highlight button N#
LinkTailPGC + Highlight button N#
LinkPGN + Highlight button N# (Although I do not think that is used but if it works)

Although LinkPGCN command does not have the Highlight button (and why not?).

Try to do it with the commands that are mentioned, and all media players works, except one that is the Media Player Classic Home Cinema is not working the Highlight button, but if you perform the operation.

The question is: how can I do ?. How to do it compatible with all media players in the PC?... I'm a little confused in doing this.

Rather, I was watching some post, that use a VM Command, but not so do not explained in detail. See if you can check this post and I can tell me how it is done in detail, it was treating him to do but does not work 100 percent.

Here the link to the post:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/1...ng-DVD-Lab-Pro

In my opinion this post, I think it takes more than increased. It would be good with that can apply as much as DVDlab PRO as PgcEdit and I do it that way.

I hope you can understand what I'm saying. Sorry my Bad English XD!!

Last edited by kirous; 16th August 2015 at 06:40. Reason: Bad letter
Old 16th August 2015, 09:49   #4  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

SetSTN can jump to a PGC, but has no sub-command to highlight a specific button. So, indeed, that doesn't work for you.

The solution is to jump to a new dummy PGC. In that new PGC, you can put as many commands as you wish, including the SetHL_BTN command, and then use a LinkPGCN to jump to the target PGC.

To do that with PgcEdit:
- Right-click on any PGC in the same VTSM (in your example, on any PGC of the VTSM 1), and select New Dummy PGC. A new PGC will be created at the end of the current VTSM. Here, "VTSM 1, LU 1 (en), 6" will be created.
- Select the menu (VTSM 1 PGC 4), and open the menu editor to display the menu buttons (like in the image you have posted in your last post). Select the button with the SetSTN and the LinkPGCN you want to modify (here button 1).
- Select Clipboard -> Copy to Clipboard.
- Now, click on the big button with the command, and replace the command with a LinkPGCN to jump to the new PGC you have just created. Here: [20 04 00 00 00 00 00 06] LinkPGCN PGC 6. OK the menu editor.
- Now, select the new PGC, and paste the command that you have in the clipboard, as the first pre-command. (You can replace the NOP command.)
At this point, nothing has changed: when the user clicks on the button, the original command will still be executed, but it is now in its own PGC, instead of in the button itself.
- You can now insert a SetHL_BTN command in the new dummy PGC, just before the command you have already pasted, to select the button to highlight.
- Save and test.

The LinkPGCN command does not have the HL_BTN sub-command because the arguments that can fit in a VM command are limited. Internally, all VM commands are 8 bytes long. The content of these bytes determine the command to execute and their arguments. (They are the hex numbers you can see in PgcEdit between the [ ]. PgcEdit translates them for you to human readable form, but in fact, only the 8 bytes are stored in the IFO or VOB files.) As you can see, the space is limited, and some commands do not have enough space to add additional sub-commands. It's the case of LinkPGCN, that has not enough room to store the HL_BTN. It's a pity, but it's how the DVD specs have been made.

Don't worry if MPC-HC doesn't show you the HL_BTN. It's certainly a bug in the player (or a missing or badly installed codec on your system). Anyway, if you use the Trace mode in PgcEdit and PgcEdit pre-selects the correct button and doesn't show you a warning about wrong SPRM 8 value, that means that the correct button must be highlighted with any good player. If one (and only one) player doesn't show you the button, that means that it is the culprit, and you can assume that your DVD is correct.

Note that I have already encountered commercial DVDs with badly authored menus, and the highlight was not correctly defined. In that cases, some players were able to display the highlight, and some not. I can't be sure that it's not the case with your menu, but anyway, it's something you cannot change with VM commands. And if it's the case, you should report the bug at the DVD-Lab pro support. Only them can fix that kind of bugs.

Anyway, again, don't worry. I'm almost sure it's only a problem with MPC-HC.

Last edited by r0lZ; 16th August 2015 at 09:55.
Old 17th August 2015, 00:53   #5  |  Link
kirous

Ok, I do the test, and if it works !. Rather try to use the same step, but with subtitles ... and it works. But there is a problem, when you insert the following audio to audio DUMMY, as the subtitle off in the subtitle DUMMY. The jump if it works, but the operation to change from 2.0 to 5.1 audio and subtitle on and off subtitle, I do not work, because in the two DUMMY me purple mark as shown the following images:

DUMMY for audio (VTSM 1 - LU, 6):

http://postimg.org/image/4cj27dv99/

DUMMY subtitle (VTSM 1 - LU, 7):

http://postimg.org/image/jmixekqrh/

I not think it's illogical to create more "DUMMY" for each of the audio and subtitles, only one of every two DUMMY, for both audio DUMMY and subtitle DUMMY.

And another thing, when I go to SETUP without selecting anything audio and subtitles .... Everything normal, but when I go back to SETUP, because I mark button 3 subtitle ?, If the order number is as first audio 2.0? and so when ever I go to SETUP brand me button 3?

And another consultation, as I get to enter SETUP, mark me the 5 button? Without my check button 1?

Here a picture of the display button that is labeled:

http://postimg.org/image/4f2xu7ywt/

I await your prompt response and understand me. Sorry my bad english XD and for answering.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:47   #6  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The commands highlighted in purple are "dead commands". I call "dead command" a command that can never be executed. Since they cannot be executed, the dead commands are useless and you can safely delete them. (It's what DVD -> Delete all Dead Commands does automatically in the whole DVD.)

In your examples, the second command contains a Link (to PGC 4). Therefore, when that command is executed, the link is executed and the navigation continues at the first pre-command of PGC 4. The third command is therefore never reached, and cannot be executed. It's the perfect example of a dead command.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense to put two commands that do almost exactly the same thing in the same PGC, but with two different values. You must decide if the PGC selects audio stream 0 or 1. It cannot select the two streams at the same time! Same thing for the subtitle. The subtitles cannot be on and off at the same time.

You need a new dummy PGC for all buttons that do different things. (Well, in fact, it's not exactly true. It is possible to use the same PGC to set the audio to stream 0 or 1, depending of the value of a GPRM, and by using conditional commands. But that's way too complicated for you. Keep things simple, and create a new dummy for all button commands you need to modify. Anyway, dummy PGCs do not consume much disc space, and you can create thousand of them if you wish.)

Imagine the dummy PGC as a single pack of commands that are executed instead of the original command that was in the original menu button. The dummy can therefore "extend" the original command with more commands (the SetHL_BTN command here). But it replaces a single command, and not several different commands. Therefore, you have to create a new dummy per command to replace. (The only case where you can re-use the same dummy is if you have two buttons with EXACTLY the same command, and you want to extend that command exactly the same way. In all other cases, you must create new dummies.)

Again, USE THE TRACE! When you will understand that the Trace mode is really helpful to understand how a DVD works, and what you have done well or badly, you will understand your mistakes. Please learn by yourself. I can't do everything for you!

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th August 2015 at 10:49.
Old 19th August 2015, 05:36   #7  |  Link
sekininsha
責任者

In the simple structure:

And as you see it on other players?

If using mpc-hc 64 bit do the test on the 32-bit.
Old 25th August 2015, 01:05   #8  |  Link
kirous

Hi, thanks for help, rather it was testing the other case, as already complete with the first case you recommended to me. Try it, and not so much because you do not explain in detail, I was dealing with the TRACE and the end I realized that these commands are only buttons jumps but less evil had another post that spoke the same subject but increased more help and finally I got the result.

As I said earlier, there are different ways to do it. Now with these two ways I can make without any problems with the submenu audio/subtitles. Rather, there is another small problem anymore. Doing this operation and perform the test with the TRACE, to return to main menu I get this:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2j5b98h.jpg

As the previous post, this is normal ?. But here do not like the previous post (problems with submenu cell), because that message to appear and click OK, everything is generated as the image is:

http://i60.tinypic.com/wgsqig.jpg

This affects the Main menu, submenu and sub audio / subtitle. My question is, how do I get that I do not throw that mistake again ?.

And thanks again for helping me. I await your prompt response. Sorry my bad english XD!!

For @sekininsha

Again, thanks but I answered in my previous post, I hope you find the solution, as this.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:11   #9  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It's the warning that PgcEdit shows when a menu mustr be played but the player has no way to know what button must be pre-selected. I told you about that warning earlier.

When SPRM 8 contains 5120 (5 x 1024), that means that button 5 will be selected when the next menu is entered. Here, the navigation enters a menu that has only 3 buttons. Button 5 cannot therefore be selected, and the players will not know what button they have to select. Some players will reset SPRM 8 to 1024 and simply select button 1. Some less good players may try to select button 5 anyway, and display no highlight at all, or even crash.

Therefore, you must use a SetHL_BTN command to select button 1, 2 or 3 before returning to the menu.

Note that, as you know, SPRM 8 is modified by the SetHL_BTN command or by the "button" sub-command of a Set or Link command, but it is also modified when the user selects manually a button in a menu. For example, when the user selects the "MAIN" button in your audio/subtitle menu to return to the main menu, SPRM 8 will be loaded automatically with value 5120, because the MAIN button is button 5. Since that button returns immediately to the main menu PGC, that means that the main menu will be reached with 5120 in SPRM 8 and the player will be confused because button 5 doesn't exist in the main menu. That's why PgcEdit issues the warning. Therefore, you must change the way the nav returns to the main menu when the MAIN button is activated. You know how to do that now. You must either add a "button" sub-command in the command of the "MAIN" button, and if it's not possible, you must create a new dummy.

It is also a good practice to add a SetHL_BTN command in all titles of the DVD, so that when the title has finished playing or the user presses the menu button and the navigation returns to the main menu, a "good button" will be selected. In your case, you should put the SetHL_BTN command as the first pre-command of Title 1 and Title 2. Since there is no button in a Title, the value of SPRM 8 will never change during the playback of the Title, and the right button will be

You may need to verify also if a SetHL_BTN command must be added when the navigation returns from another menu to the main menu, or when it jumps from the main menu to another menu. I don't know if it's necessary, because I don't have your IFOs.

Note also that things are complicated because you do not use the option to force a specific button when a menu is entered. Remember that SPRM 8 is ignored if the menu has the global option to pre-select always a specific button instead of the button stored in SPRM 8. (I told you earlier about that option, available in the "advanced" section of the menu editor.) So, to make things simple, if it is acceptable that the main menu will ALWAYS pre-select the same button when it is played (for example button 1), you don't need to add any SetHL_BTN commands, and it is sufficient to change the option in the menu editor to always pre-select button 1.

It's up to you.
Old 26th August 2015, 02:47   #10  |  Link
kirous

Ok, I was thinking the same thing and I know how. Well, thanks anyway. I hope you will help me in another post recently started. Whether it is all done, but I have this little problem. Thanks friend. Sorry my bad english XD!!
Old 4th September 2015, 09:50   #11  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Any particular reason you're not following their own guide?
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tu.../avmanager.pdf