Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 7th December 2023, 23:55   #20361  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Not sure if it's just my system but the cropping viewer always shows the bottom cropping with a black bar. It's been doing this for about a year. Does not matter if it's pure RB or RB+PDs extensions.

Interesting, mine doesn't show any cropping black bars on stuff that should definitely be showing black bars top and bottom when I do an auto crop. To be honest, I never really paid much attention to it before. I usually just do an autocrop, then go immediately to the next tab to choose my smdegrain script, then hit ok to go back to the Encoder Settings page.
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 00:06   #20362  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Not sure if it's just my system but the cropping viewer always shows the bottom cropping with a black bar. It's been doing this for about a year. Does not matter if it's pure RB or RB+PDs extensions.

Is this bug also present with default 100% scaling set in Windows?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 14:33   #20363  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Is this bug also present with default 100% scaling set in Windows?
Bloody hell. I've been RDPing into my virtual machine for years. Sometime in the past Windows much have changed the scaling to 175% in the virtual machine display. What total ****.

Thanks Atak, for figuring out what the issue was. I appreciate it. Still, I guess it would still be a bug due to scaling issues.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2023, 14:06   #20364  |  Link
Ryushin

Subtitle Size Column - Feature Request

Hi Atak,

Would it be possible to add a column with the size of the subtitles in KB. I have it to automatically pull in English subtitles, but the Forced subtitles rarely seem to be detected from ripped discs, both MakeMKV and AnyDVD. Seeing the size of the subtitle pretty much tells me I have a Forced subtitle to set.

Thanks much.
Old 19th December 2023, 18:19   #20365  |  Link
Epitaph

Blank chapters.txt

I am redoing some TV Shows and having a random bug slowing down my process. This issue only presents with DVDs, not Bluray or 4K rips. I rip the DVDs to mkv. As I am batching them into RipBot264, and editing each file, the chapters of half the files will disappear... literally. The chapters may be blank when I edit it the first time. I also have edited a video (chapters button is highlighted meaning the chapters are there), then move on down the list editing other vids... if I forget a setting or something and go back and open that file a second time, the chapters button will no longer be highlighted. All the chapters will just be gone. If I navigate into the temp folder for that specific job, it will have all the chapters in the chapters-original.txt file but the chapters.txt file will be blank. My only option is to rip the chapters out of the original MKV and add them back in with MKVToolNix but it's time consuming. Any Ideas?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2023, 15:16   #20366  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
I am redoing some TV Shows and having a random bug slowing down my process. This issue only presents with DVDs, not Bluray or 4K rips. I rip the DVDs to mkv.
My workflow is rip the DVD using your preferred DVD rip tool, since MakeMKV does not do DVD backups.

Then I've been using MakeMKV to rip the individual episodes out, label them, and then batch import them all into RB. Last I looked, all my chapters are there.
Old 28th December 2023, 20:46   #20367  |  Link
rlev11

has anyone had this crop up? On one of my servers it just started giving me a Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml on AppData\Local\Temp\SuperviseProcess.exe when I fire up the server script and quarantines it in Defender. Seems to be only with using the switch of /restart-if-no-progress in my startup script. None of my other 10 machines are doing this. They are all Windows 11 with latest OS and defender updates. Since I cannot find superviseprocess.exe, I assume it is generated on the fly when the encoding server .exe starts up with the /restart-if-no-progress switch.

Not a huge deal since the encoding server starts without the switch, but it is nice to have the server restart automatically if it does get the occasional hang and it is on the lowest powered server. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has an idea
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2023, 21:07   #20368  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

SuperviseProcess.exe monitors if EncodingServer.exe has not hung up (NOT RESPONDING). If EncodingServer.exe for some reasons stopped processing messages then SuperviseProcess.exe will automatically restart EncodingServer.exe.
Example

code i'm using
Code:
function IsAppRespondingNT(wnd: HWND): Boolean;
type TIsHungAppWindow = function(wnd:hWnd): BOOL; stdcall;
var hUser32: THandle;
    IsHungAppWindow: TIsHungAppWindow;
begin

Result := True;
  hUser32 := GetModuleHandle('user32.dll');
  if (hUser32 > 0) then
  begin
    @IsHungAppWindow := GetProcAddress(hUser32, 'IsHungAppWindow');
    if Assigned(IsHungAppWindow) then
    begin
      Result := not IsHungAppWindow(wnd);
    end;
  end;

end;
more info
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...s-applications

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 28th December 2023 at 21:11.
Old 2nd January 2024, 01:20   #20369  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

At last, an update (sort of) :(

"We've" been waiting for over 6 months for any sort of update for "our" favorite free encoding app, and it finally arrives for 2024, but what a disappointment, I have to say.

All we got is v1.27.1, and a new FFmpeg & MKVToolNix.

What about the plethora of other important components ??

eg:- Lsmash, avisynth, x264, x265, etc, etc.
FTLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:47   #20370  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOY View Post
... but what a disappointment, I have to say.

All we got is v1.27.1, and a new FFmpeg & MKVToolNix.

What about the plethora of other important components ??...
You can always add and test components by yourself, putting updated files into subfolder of tools.

Ripbot is in mature stable state. It's used to "just work".
So components that are safe to update, were updated.

You can download recent versions by TDS (1.27.1 -full update... including e.g. new versions of x264 and x265 - or PD 7.1)

Just updating components - because they are updated themselves - isn't a smart way. All needs testing.
Patman mods of x264 and x265 doesn't work, because of change of progressbar.
Updating eac3to was always a reason to break BluRay-import.
(in PD 7.1 TDS updated to eac3to 3.43 - I hope import was tested well).

So just demanding isn't the right way. Providing testresults for some new builds of tools would be much better.
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2024, 16:13   #20371  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
(in PD 7.1 TDS updated to eac3to 3.43 - I hope import was tested well).
I use the old version. 3.43 breaks import of some m2ts files.
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 01:55   #20372  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi View Post
That's annoying then, I thought it had been rectified.

Have you tried converting the m2ts's to mkv ?? (as they will end up as mkv's anyway)

I don't import any m2ts's, so I haven't had an issue.
FTLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 10:25   #20373  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

Hi Atak_Snajpera, thanks for the update, do we want more, of course we do, human nature we always want more for nothing....

but the fact that your still present after all this time, i want to say a big thank you and a happy new year to you sir.

the program is great and very stable and i appreciate that changing to much would potentially break that stability requiring far more time than you have to debug.
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:13   #20374  |  Link
eac3to_mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi View Post
Hello stasi. Can you please describe the problem and provide a small sample that demonstrates your problem? You can use DGSplit to cut the first 100MB of the M2TS and then upload it somewhere. I'd be happy to try to resolve it for you and anticipate that it wouldn't be hard to set right. If you prefer you can continue in the eac3to thread. Thank you.

Last edited by eac3to_mod; 3rd January 2024 at 11:59.
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:38   #20375  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eac3to_mod View Post
Hello stasi. Can you please describe the problem and provide a small sample that demonstrates your problem?
I played around a little bit. The newest eac3to works, but the Playlists are in a different order. That was the only problem. In Ripbot you simple have to check which is the right one. In old eac3to it was always the first entry:

Name:  old.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  new.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  62.9 KB
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:48   #20376  |  Link
tebasuna51

This is a know, and desired, behaviour of new eac3to version.
Select the desired one mpls, not always the first can be the desired, the eac3to order is by length.

Of course the 00045 is not the main movie (with the same m2ts many times), you have 3 options (00043, 0044 and 00045) most the times are for different languages, for extended or director cuts versions, or fake ones like copy protection, check the 64.m2ts and 65.m2ts to see if is part of the movie or a copy protection message.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 3rd January 2024 at 18:14. Reason: add info
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:26   #20377  |  Link
eac3to_mod

Thank you, stasi and tebasuna51.

The main reason we now show all the playlists is to allow demuxing of menus.

I'm considering some changes to make things more obvious. For example, move playlists with repeated M2TSs to the end of the list.

Last edited by eac3to_mod; 3rd January 2024 at 19:54.
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:06   #20378  |  Link
slalom

Hi Atak,

In the past, I used to move the window program to the left of the screen, so when i pressed the edit button on a job, a new window would open to the center of the screen for that job

Now the job window opens right above the previous and I always have to move it to the right. If I leave it there i might press too hard the "Done" button and the "start' will be pressed too on the main window

And personally, it's easier for me to see the list of the jobs on the side of the screen without having to move every job window I edit to the side

Thanks in advance!
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2024, 19:39   #20379  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Hi Atak,

In the past, I used to move the window program to the left of the screen, so when i pressed the edit button on a job, a new window would open to the center of the screen for that job

Now the job window opens right above the previous and I always have to move it to the right. If I leave it there i might press too hard the "Done" button and the "start' will be pressed too on the main window

And personally, it's easier for me to see the list of the jobs on the side of the screen without having to move every job window I edit to the side

Thanks in advance!
Open RipBot264.ini and change this line with [top,right,bottom,left]

Code:
JobWindowDefaultPosition=center
Old 8th January 2024, 16:44   #20380  |  Link
eac3to_mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eac3to_mod View Post
I'm considering some changes to make things more obvious.
Version 3.45 to be released today now follows eac3to classic behavior for playlist display, unless the -showall option is given.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360