Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2007, 19:47   #161  |  Link
NoX1911

I'm talking about the main vendors (ati, nvidia) that don't have proper vmr support and i don't care if its their fault. VMR is not just 2 days old...
Old 11th May 2007, 22:55   #162  |  Link
The_Keymaker

I have a simple question.

I created a graph in graphedit that succesfully plays HD-DVD EVO files. Can MPC use or "import" this graph so I use it to play EVO files?

Thank you.

PS, I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect thread, and will be happy to post in the proper thread if someone can point me in that direction.
Old 12th May 2007, 00:29   #163  |  Link
arfster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
what are the advantages of EVR?

DXVA2 support, which is required for hardware acceleraiton with Purevideo2.

It's also much less prone to tearing on my systems, whereas VMR9 would tear constantly unless you used exclusive mode.
Old 12th May 2007, 03:29   #164  |  Link
hdboy

is exclusive == renderless?
Old 12th May 2007, 04:57   #165  |  Link
killerhex

where can i get the latest patches
Old 12th May 2007, 08:36   #166  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Keymaker View Post
I created a graph in graphedit that succesfully plays HD-DVD EVO files. Can MPC use or "import" this graph so I use it to play EVO files?
There is no need to import GRF : MPC can read EVO directly if you set-up properly internal/external filters.
Little tips :
- disable AC3/DTS and Mpeg internal filters
- install latest Haali splitter, and enable MPEG TS/PS source
- add all unwanted filters in "External filters" and set "block" radio button
Old 12th May 2007, 15:22   #167  |  Link
arfster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
is exclusive == renderless?
Nah, it's something separate. Overlay, EVR, VMR9 windowed and VMR9 renderless are all different renderers. Exclusive (aka fullscreen in some apps) mode is an option for VMR9 renderless.
Old 12th May 2007, 18:37   #168  |  Link
burfadel

If you change from EVR top VMR 9 renderless etc, then go fullscreen, you can go back, press ctrl-alt-del or anything. It still plays and pauses etc though!... have to press the reset button...
Old 13th May 2007, 14:40   #169  |  Link
Egh

I've tested Cashimir666's patched build, seems to be very nice.

EVR tested under XP here, no problems, no tearing whatsoever, works when fed both YV12 and RGB32. 7600 nvidia, drivers of course last WHQL, i.e. 101.09 (recommended of course ^^).

Direct3D fullscreen looks like an ugly hack for now though, lots of troubles when using it (not drawing controls properly, can't switch to any other window while MPC is on etc).

Interesting that in RGB32/EVR mode ffdshow shows 100% cpu, but much less in RGB32/VMR9 mode. It seems also that EVR is considerably softer as well. Seems like EVR does unneccessary conversions or probably VMR9 is ahead of EVR because of better queueing.

Are there any settings for EVR system-wide? Register keys or something ...
Old 13th May 2007, 14:54   #170  |  Link
Egh

And now BUGS :P

1. If going back to old mpc and then back again to cashimir build then setting for "use d3d hack" is lost and it is checked again (was previously unchecked).

2. Moar serious: in VMR9 D3D RGB32 mode image is MUCH sharper than in old mpc. It looks like you have sharpener enabled! It is same as usual picture in VMR D2D mode. Note that this sharpness is not shown on screenshot saved by MPC, so it must be shaders enabled when not needed (and btw in the combobox for resizers bilinear was chosen).

3. On start of the video, I have couple of pixels bar on the left side of picture. I have 1280x720 video and 1280x1024 screen resolution, and "normal size" selected, and that doesn't happen in old mpc.
Old 13th May 2007, 15:08   #171  |  Link
hdboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
EVR tested under XP here, no problems, no tearing whatsoever, works when fed both YV12 and RGB32. 7600 nvidia, drivers of course last WHQL, i.e. 101.09 (recommended of course ^^).
did you say XP+7600+101.09 driver? where do you get that? I went to nvidia.com and it's still 93.81 (november 06).
Old 13th May 2007, 15:25   #172  |  Link
arfster

List of all betas here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Beware some of these are severely beta, read the forums to see possible problems.
Old 13th May 2007, 16:26   #173  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Direct3D fullscreen looks like an ugly hack for now though, lots of troubles when using it (not drawing controls properly, can't switch to any other window while MPC is on etc).
I know but there is no solution to have controls, options dialog box or menu in this mode. This is the price to pay to remove tearing ;-) You can use "Ctrl+C" to close video or "Alt+X" to exit MPC from this mode.

Quote:
2. Moar serious: in VMR9 D3D RGB32 mode image is MUCH sharper than in old mpc. It looks like you have sharpener enabled!
I think it's because the "Shapen complex" pixel shader is activated. You can remove it with the menu

Quote:
3. On start of the video, I have couple of pixels bar on the left side of picture.
Will be fixed in next release
Old 13th May 2007, 18:40   #174  |  Link
Mc Onyx

Hi, thought i should post about what seems to be a bug. When using your MPC build in fullscreen playback, using Haali renderer in Windows Vista, mouse cursor doesn't show until i press right mouse button, then it becomes visible, but doesn't hide after some time like in "regular" builds. Also the fulscreen controls of MPC don't show at all! Can someone confirm this?
Old 14th May 2007, 16:18   #175  |  Link
burfadel

This is great! I love it, the picture quality in vmr 9 renderless with pixer shader turned on is great! I have a couple of suggestions though:

- I went to the pixel shader editor, and selected ps_3 for everything instead of ps_2. Pixel shader 3 where supported I believe is superior to 2, but do these settings make a difference? If so, maybe an option should be added to one of the menu's to say 'Pixel shader version' and have the submenu options as per the pixel shader list. Say ps_3 is best where supported!

- My concern over this not working properly was only because I didn't know about the Ctrl - c thing! An addition to the OSD in VMR 9 etc should be 'Press Ctrl - C to close' or something along those lines. At least then people know that don't have to reset

- When using 'VMR 9 renderless' output mode, in the normal version having 'vmr9 mixer mode' box checked works fine, however with the new display method the screen is very dark and the colours are off. It looks quite bad! Without it ticked its fine.

- The size of the video was always the original size. Of course in the VMR9 mode you can't right hand click and select 'touch window from inside' which is required to view the video fullscreen (well you know, so width wise it touches the edge of the screen). You have to first go to say overlay output method, set it, then go back, and from then on it defaults to that method. Maybe that can be set by default for vmr9 renderless etc?...

- If you have something running in the background it can flash through occasionally regardless of whether you are using vmr9 renderless or evr. I was encoding in the background and moved the mouse, clicking it. The mouse actually worked on the desktop behind MPC and it happened to close off the x264 window! consequently my encode was stuffed (it was ok, I did it again)! but yeah... normally that wouldn't happen!

I hope I don't sound like a whinger! I just think these things would help!

Thanks again for a great job!
Old 14th May 2007, 16:43   #176  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfster View Post
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Beware some of these are severely beta, read the forums to see possible problems.
101.09 forceware is not beta, and it's in fact WHQL certified. That's why I use it

Quote:
I think it's because the "Shapen complex" pixel shader is activated. You can remove it with the menu
Why is it activated in the first place? Makes high-quality material look like some cheap overshaprened upscale ^^
(for instance edges might become quite aliased).
Old 14th May 2007, 21:57   #177  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Does subtitles work using Vista, EVR and Cyberlink H264 decoder un DXVA mode?
Old 14th May 2007, 22:40   #178  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirber View Post
Does subtitles work using Vista, EVR and Cyberlink H264 decoder un DXVA mode?
Subtitles for EVR are almost ready, but there is still some works to have a smooth playback. EVR is compatible DXVA2, and can use Vista Mutimedia Class Scheduler to boost rendering process (to improve playback smoothness).

Cyberlink H264 can be used with MPC, but not VC1 decoder (it refuse to connect )
Old 15th May 2007, 01:10   #179  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

For some obscure reasons, CyberLink now display in black and don't play.
Old 15th May 2007, 02:16   #180  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

It seems it doesn't like every H264...

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc