Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 15th March 2012, 06:27   #1  |  Link
W3ird_N3rd

Blu-ray movie can be decrypted, but the scenes are in the wrong order.

Sorry for the title, I find it hard to describe the problem clearly. I have installed dumpHD and bdvmdbg (in the same dir). bdvmdbg does get executed when I run dumpHD and produces a 2-byte convtable.bin when ripping a BD+ disc.

Some movies have the movie "correctly" on the disk: one 10GB+ .m2ts file. I can watch these without problems. But several other movies have lots of smaller files. For example, the biggest file on Knight and Day is 6.6GB. That's not enough for the whole movie. When I play it, it starts somewhere in the middle of the movie and has visible image corruption.

I figured "OK, must be the BD+ somehow not getting handled by bdvmdbg". But then I tried Terminator Salvation, which has no BDSVM directory (so no BD+, am I correct?). But the largest file on this disc is 3GB - not nearly enough for the movie. And that 3GB file appears to be some kind of the-make-of, and it doesn't start at the beginning of that either. All the files in the STREAM directory add up to 40GB and many appear to have bits and pieces of the movie, but it's not watchable this way.

I have searched, perhaps with the wrong keywords as honestly I couldn't find anything on this. I hope someone can give me some pointers as to what's happening.

If it's any help, this is the log from dumpHD for Terminator Salvation: http://pastebin.com/0ZZNq0SU

Last edited by W3ird_N3rd; 15th March 2012 at 06:52.
W3ird_N3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 07:30   #2  |  Link
kypec
User of free A/V tools

Use MakeMKV to get one large MKV file with complete main movie title, or, use BDInfo to get detailed overview how is your BD organized and what each playlist comprises of. Usually many individual .m2ts files (rather short) must be concatenated together (seamless branching) to make one continuous video/audio stream and that's what playlists .mpls are for.
kypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 19:22   #3  |  Link
ro-ee

Apart from MakeMKV, there are the playlist and clipinf directories that contain information about which m2ts stream has to be played in which order (and probably at which offset) for a desired title.

mplayer for example parses these with the libbluray and the br://x parameter, where x is the title number, which can go from 1 to some hundreds (some of my BDs have more than 200 titles, but most of them are bogus).

It's a bit like with DVDs, where also there are up to 100 titles, but only a very small number of VOB files.

Especially BDs with different cuts of a movie need to split the movie up in more parts, so that common parts on both cuts are stored only once on the disk.
ro-ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 00:41   #4  |  Link
W3ird_N3rd

Thanks for the info!

I've written a little script to test blu-ray titles: https://gist.github.com/2154127 but at least on the Terminator 4 disc, none appear to contain the actual movie.
W3ird_N3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:05   #5  |  Link
ro-ee

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3ird_N3rd View Post
Thanks for the info!

I've written a little script to test blu-ray titles: https://gist.github.com/2154127 but at least on the Terminator 4 disc, none appear to contain the actual movie.

have a look at
mplayer br://0 -identify

This will print out the length and chapter count of each title on the disk (at the very beginning, then follows a lot of other debug output)
also, grepping for ^ID_ will remove all the other unnecessary stuff

Last edited by ro-ee; 22nd March 2012 at 10:12.
ro-ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 18:29   #6  |  Link
rambof07

It depends upon the file sizes and format of the movies which you are going to use.

Tags
blu-ray, dumphd