Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 25th May 2012, 02:59   #1  |  Link
Zombiedeth

Has the MPAA given up on revoking PK's and certs?

I just played a new Bluray using MKB v30 and it still used the same key as MKB v25. Even more surprising the PS3 host cert wasn't revoked.

Have they finally realized the futility of revoking keys and host certs?
Zombiedeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 03:33   #2  |  Link

You can send them an email to ask them.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 12:42   #3  |  Link
candela

Just received a disc with MKB v31 and the PK for MKB v25 is no longer working.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 06:55   #4  |  Link
Zombiedeth

Bummer do you know if it revoked the PS3 host cert can you still play older bluray's in Videolan?
Old 27th May 2012, 10:36   #5  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedeth View Post
Bummer do you know if it revoked the PS3 host cert can you still play older bluray's in Videolan?
I think it still works. However, I have flashed my LG drive with the hacked firmware to accept any host certificate so I'm not 100% sure. When I try AACSKEYS with "Force AACS authentication" I always get "problem with verifying the host signature.". But if I use an older host cert, I get the error "host cert has been revoked". So I assume the PS3 one still works.
Old 28th May 2012, 15:06   #6  |  Link
ro-ee

I got the "Girl with the dragon tattoo" BD (german) yesterday, and it still has a MKB v28 key, but the Host Certificate was not revoked, i.e. the old non-ps3-one still works with it
ro-ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 19:25   #7  |  Link
libredr

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
I think it still works. However, I have flashed my LG drive with the hacked firmware to accept any host certificate so I'm not 100% sure. When I try AACSKEYS with "Force AACS authentication" I always get "problem with verifying the host signature.". But if I use an older host cert, I get the error "host cert has been revoked". So I assume the PS3 one still works.
Yeah, you should update your aacskeys version from 0.4.0c to 0.4.0e. It solves the problem you mention.
libredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:38   #8  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by libredr View Post
Yeah, you should update your aacskeys version from 0.4.0c to 0.4.0e. It solves the problem you mention.
I'm afraid 0.4.0e is saying the PS3 certificate has been revoked by my drive
Old 4th June 2012, 10:39   #9  |  Link
Zombiedeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
I'm afraid 0.4.0e is saying the PS3 certificate has been revoked by my drive
Well at least the Volume ID patches offer some way to fight back against this non sense. I've got one drive i was able to apply the patch on.

Maybe it's time to up the ante and start publicly releasing keys and certs en masse. I think some movie producers are already losing there will. When a new movie can't be played in standalone or computer players it causes pain on both sides. i've seen some releases from beginning of 2012 still using MKB v20.

So you might ask how? Memory dumps from commercial players it's how we got where we are now. Being able to watch blurays on players like VLC. The various keys are all in memory at some point. I've seen VID, VUK, HCERT, ect. The ones not so easy are HOST_PRIV_KEY and processing keys. But if i'm not mistaken it should be possible to make a program to scan memory dumps incrementally. To find PK's you would need VID's to test against. And for HOST_PRIV_KEY i think you would need the HCERT to verify against. both VID and HCERT can be easily found.
Old 5th June 2012, 08:14   #10  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

i think increasingly the sources for a lot of fresh release torrents are coming from PR copies of discs that are sent out to reviewers. i know of one occasion where this has happened.

who can be bothered to send a different watermarked disc to each reviewer?

point being, producers are probably finding their movies on torrent sites before the official blu-ray even hits the stores. so why bother keeping up the cat and mouse?