Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 28th July 2015, 16:13   #461  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Just verified the frame rate of the 3 clips I've downloaded from the tal.aloni guide. Only Big Buck Bunny is encoded at 60fps. The two ads are encoded at 59.94 fps. That's exactly the NTSC video frame rate * 2. That's good news, although it's a frame rate incompatible with the BD 3D format. If your player can play the two ads, that means that it supports other frame rates than exactly 30fps, and there is a chance that it supports also 23.976 (* 2). So, I wonder if the problem could be related to the encoding parameters, or MKV file format instead of the frame rate. Have you tried to remux one of these two ads to MKV? If they do not work, you may simply need to remux the MKV files produced by BD3D2MK3D to MP4 (perhaps with tal.aloni's own MP4 muxer, I don't know.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 28th July 2015 at 16:17.
Old 28th July 2015, 18:43   #462  |  Link
Polar

Thank you for your extensive reply. Then my options are limited. When reading this link however (http://www.projectorcentral.com/what...ready_mean.htm), it makes me wonder...

I quote :

"A frame sequential signal is a full resolution picture sent at 120 frames per second to the display. The frames alternate in sequence, so the display receives a left eye frame, then a right eye frame, then a left eye frame, and so on. This is simple because the projector itself does not need to do any decoding of the source; it just needs to be capable of accepting a 120Hz signal. Correspondingly, this format requires a lot of bandwidth, since it is essentially sending a full resolution signal at 60 frames per second for each eye."

"The currently available, inexpensive DLP "3D Ready" projectors are good for a lot of applications. For gaming, nothing beats the big-screen experience of 3D through a projector. ... But as far as home video is concerned, they have some serious limitations. They are incapable of displaying frame-packing and side-by-side, the two most popular and important 3D transmission formats for video. While most of these products are designed as data presentation projectors, people have been buying them in the hopes of using them for home theater anyway. Without support for the right formats, you will find yourself purchasing another 3D projector in the future once support for these formats is incorporated. As in all things, caveat emptor--let the buyer beware."

So the marked is now flooded with a hardware solution like this :

http://www.amazon.com/Huhushop-Conve.../dp/B00DOTNDEE

DLP 3D Converter 2x1 HDMI 1.4 For 120Hz 3D Ready DLP Projector

"Due to 3D ready DLP projector can only receive 120Hz frame sequential format video to achieve 3D effect, so 2D and 3D format (SBS-H/TAB/FP) video can't be view in 3D ready DLP projector at 3D mode. Thank goodness, this 3D ready DPL media processor will help you to make it. It is the first converter to support 120Hz 3D ready projector HD video."

"Support 1280*720/120Hz Frame sequential (FS) format output,Support 3D Side by side half (SBS-H) convert to FS format for 3D ready projector,Support 3D Top and bottom (TAB) convert to FS format for 3D ready projector,Support 3D Frame packing (FP) blue ray format convert to FS format for 3D projector,Support 2D convert to FS format for 3D Projector,Support 2D convert to SBS-H 3D format for 3D HDTV,Support 480p /576p/720p/1080p solution,Support 3D TV channel convert to 3DTV/3D projector"

In other words, it can be done. But it looks like my only option is to use the hardware methode. Kind of overkill for the occasional 3D movie that will be on menu.

I'm just wondering what technology, software or codecs have been used for this "online" conversion.

Thank you for your time and swift responses. It confirms that you and many others are real pros. If you ever should consider to get this FS Conversion up and running in BD2D2MKV3D, you know that I have the hardware to test it .
Old 28th July 2015, 19:42   #463  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Damn! Bad news for you. That confirms that we are both right. It is true that the DLP projectors require 60fps, and that 60fps is not compatible with usual 3D formats. (Of course, things are different for games, that can use any frame rate supported by the graphic card).

IMO, the conversion box do something like telecine in real time, with some specialized hardware. That might be a good solution, because normally any 3D movie will be playable easily, including the 3 formats that can be generated with BD3D2MK3D, and the BD 3D players. The quality may be good, or bad. I don't know. As I have explained above, it is possible to convert the 23.976*2 fps of the BD format to 59.94 fps. It's just a new filter to add in the AVS script generated by BD3D2MK3D. If your hardware can play exactly 59.94 fps (not 60!), then you will not need to convert the audio, subtitles and chapters, because the duration of the movie will not be modified. You may want to try that method before buying a DLP 3D Converter. If you want to check it, I can explain how to do it, but now I have to go. I'll do it tomorrow if you wish.
Old 28th July 2015, 19:55   #464  |  Link
Polar

Most appreciate it! If we could have a go at the demo you made maybe? If this works, you just came up with a solution for all DLP 3D Ready Projector owners
Old 29th July 2015, 08:37   #465  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have encoded the demo file at 59.94fps (and level h264 4.0, but that should not be necessary).

You can download it here: test 3D-FS 59.94p.mkv. (The FTP server of VideoHelp is currently down, and I can't upload the file to the PgcEdit/BD3D2MK3D home, so I had to use a file sharing service. I've tried infinit, but it's the first time that I use that free service. Please let me know if you have trouble downloading the file.)

Note that I have used the ConvertFPS avisynth filter (in "Blend mode") to change the frame rate. It's not the telecine method. It might give better results, because it doersn't create interlaced video, but it has also some limits. The frames are blended together to create new frames when necessary. The quality of the resulting video is lower than the original, and if you play the video frame by frame you'll see the blended images, but I suppose it's the best way to obtain the (almost) 60p frame rate. Read the ConvertFPS doc. It explains the advantages and drawbacks of the technique, and the two modes of operation. You may also want to try the filter in Switch mode and experiment with the zone and vbi parameters.

Yesterday, when I've searched the best method to convert the frame rate of a clip, I found a doc (I can't find the site any more) explaining that the ConvertFPS avisynth filter works in the same way than the commercial hardware DLP frame rate Converters. So, this solution should give approximately the same result than the Huhushop DLP 3D Converter you have found on the Amazon site. I don't know if the avisynth software method is better or worse than the hardware, but it is certainly cheaper!

Another advantage of the ConvertFPS method is that it can theoretically convert to any frame rate without the sync problems with the audio and subtitles. Therefore, it should be possible to convert to exactly 60fps. But that will probably introduce even more blur and IMO, if 59.94fps works fine, it is preferable to use that rate.

If the clip demo can be played with your hardware, I'll add an option to convert to 29.97/59.94 fps in BD3D2MK3D. (There is a lot of things to change, but that should not be too difficult.) If it cannot support it, I will do a conversion to exactly 60fps for you to try.

I wonder if your hardware (and, in general, the DLP projectors) can support Half SBS and Half T&B as well as Frame Sequential. If I understand correctly how they work, they do NOT convert the input video stream to 3D. It's the software player that is supposed to do that, and send a frame sequential stream to the projector anyway, like a BD player (but at a different frame rate). Right? In that case, there is no reason to limit the conversion of the frame rate to the Frame Sequential 3D mode only, and I may need to implement the same option for SBS and T&B as well. I would like to know the answer to that question before beginning to modify the BD3D2MK3D code...

Last edited by r0lZ; 29th July 2015 at 08:48.
Old 29th July 2015, 09:56   #466  |  Link
Polar

YES YES YES

Works like a charm! I can not judge on blur since I have no original to compare it with. But let's take it from there...

You ask if this type of projector supports any other 3D mode then FS. I don't think so. I base my conclusion on what I found earlier:

"Due to 3D ready DLP projector can only receive 120Hz frame sequential format video to achieve 3D effect, so 2D and 3D format (SBS-H/TAB/FP) video can't be view in 3D ready DLP projector at 3D mode. Thank goodness, this 3D ready DPL media processor will help you to make it. It is the first converter to support 120Hz 3D ready projector HD video."

However, I'm not sure if SBS is at 120Hz - 2x60fps. I have not found any referrence on the internet if this can be done. Worth a shot, even if it is a long shot. This as a reply to you last question.

How about SBS.mkv or sbs.mp4 files. Can those be converted to FS.mkv/mp4 ? Or does this only works from the original ISO? I have a few of those SBS you know...
Old 29th July 2015, 10:36   #467  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You should easily see the blurred frames if you play the video on your PC frame by frame with a software player. When an object or the camera moves, you should see two blurred images instead of a single one in perfect focus in some frames (but not all). I suppose that the problem is not very visible when playing the video normally, because the blur should affect only moving parts of the image.

SBS and T&B files have usually (almost always) the same frame rate than the BD3D: 23.976fps. (As I have explained above, you can also find SBS/T&B movies at 25fps, but it's only a trick to grab the audio from a PAL DVD instead of from the original BD. There are also a few exceptions, like Big Bug Bunny, because it has not been released on BD, and is computed directly from the CGI database at any frame rate the user wants.)

In a BD3D, there are two video streams at 23.976fps, one for each view. SBS and T&B place the two views in the same frame (side by side or stacked vertically) and therefore the frame rate doesn't need to be doubled. It stays always at 23.976. In Frame Sequential, that two streams are interleaved together to form a single video stream at twice the frame rate. (There are now new BDs with doubled frame rate, that are made to avoid even more the flickering effect of the relatively low movie frame rate (24fps), but it's another story, not directly related to 3D.)

I know that your projector cannot play 3D at another frame rate than 60 fps (or, as we know now, 60/0.001 fps). But I suppose that the projector receives its video stream from an external hardware, such as from the graphic card of a PC via HDMI (for 3D games) or via streaming by a software player. The question is therefore: is it possible to use the software player to do the actual conversion of the SBS or T&B to full-frames (720p or 1080p) at 60 fps, and stream that frames as Frame Sequential 3D to the projector? If it's the case, you can probably encode in SBS 30fps as well as Frame Sequential 60p. Normally, the quality of Half-SBS is somewhat lower than FS, because the frames are divided by 2, but that takes less disc space and the encoding is faster. It's why I would like to know if BD3D2MK3D should support the 60fps conversion for SBS and T&B as well.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to play the standard SBS or T&B files (at 23.976fps) with your projector without re-encoding. But it should be possible to re-encode easily the SBS or T&B file to FS 60p, with a simple avisynth script and x264. Then, you will have to remux the resulting h264 video stream and the original audio, subtitles and chapters with MkvMerge (or a MP4 muxer). That's not really difficult, if you have the right software. I'll try to write the script and a mini guide for you later...

Last edited by r0lZ; 29th July 2015 at 10:48. Reason: typo
Old 29th July 2015, 13:17   #468  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Mini-guide to convert a 3D-SBS or 3D-T&B MKV file to Frame Sequential 3D at 60 fps.

OK, I wrote the script and tried it. It seems to work, but again, since I have no way to play Frame Sequential 3D here, I can't be sure. Anyway, here is the promised mini guide.

You will need:
  • The avisynth script: Convert_to_FS_60fps.avs
  • a GUI for x264. I use the Simple X264 Launcher, but any good GUI should be OK.
  • Mkvtoolnix, or, if you prefer to mux to MP4, a good MP4 muxer.
  • Avisynth 2.58 (or compatible), but you should already have it if you use BD3D2MK3D.
  • The ffms2 avisynth plugin. Copy the files from the x86 directory of the distribution archive to the avisynth plugins directory (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins").

Usage:
  1. Create a new directory and copy the original 3D SBS or T&B file in that directory. Copy also the AVS script, and rename it if you wish. (It is easier to rename it to the movie name.)
  2. Edit the script to suit your needs. It has been heavily documented and you should understand what should be modified. Normally, if the original file is a standard 16:9 non-cropped MKV in Half or Full 3D-SBS with left view first, you should only need to modify the input file name. For a T&B file, you have to comment out two lines and un-comment the two other lines. If the MKV is not standard, you may have to modify other things. Read the comments.
  3. Load the modified AVS script in the Simple X264 Launcher, and select the encoding parameters you prefer. I suggest CRF (between 18 and 23), preset medium, slow or slower, tuning <none>, profile high.
  4. Important: Add the following parameters in the "Custom encoder parameters" field:
    If you encode in full 1080p resolution, you must use at least the h264 level 4.2. You should include this:
    Code:
    --frame-packing 5 --level 4.2 --vbv-bufsize 62500 --vbv-maxrate 50000
    Note that 108op at level 4.2 or 5+ is incompatible with many DLP projectors, and require a fast connexion. If your hardware refuse or has trouble playing Frame Sequential 1080p, you need to encode in 720p, less demanding. (The avisynth script encodes at 720p by default.)

In 720p, levels 4.0 or 4.1 are sufficient. Your hardware may require level 4.0, but if it supports level 4.1, you should use it to obtain a smaller file size or better quality.
    For 720p at level 4.1, use:
    Code:
    --frame-packing 5 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500
    For 720p at level 4.0 (the most compatible option), use:
    Code:
    --frame-packing 5 --level 4.0 --vbv-bufsize 31250 --vbv-maxrate 25000"
    The frame-packing argument specifies that the file is encoded in Frame Sequential format.
    The other arguments (including the two vbv parameters) are necessary to ensure that maximum level 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 will be used by the encoder.
    You can also let the encoder decide which level to use by omitting the --level and the two --vbv-* arguments, but you may end up with a file not supported by your hardware. Anyway, the frame-packing argument is mandatory.
  5. When the encoding is finished, open the original MKV file in the MkvToolnix GUI (or in the obsolete MkvMerge GUI "mmg.exe" if you prefer). Untick the video stream. (You can also untick other streams if you don't need them.) Then, drop the newly encoded .264 file over the window and select "Add as new input files" in the dialog. You should see the new video stream in the bottom of the list of streams. Move it to the top. If you wish, give it a label (track name) in the Properties frame (or in the General Track Options tab of mmg.exe). In the Timecodes frame (or Format Specific Options tab), be sure to specify the "default duration" 60000/1001p. The Aspect ratio should be set to 16:9, and the Stereoscopy mode to "both eyes laced in one block (left first) (13)". Type a relevant output file name and change the extension from .mk3d to .mkv (and change the output directory if you wish) and mux the file.
  6. Test and enjoy!

Note that the relatively recent versions of MkvMerge have changed the way the muxing is done by default, and many hardware players have trouble to seek or start the playback of the file. They may even crash completely. It is therefore recommended to add permanent options in the MkvToolnix (or MkvMerge) GUI to avoid that problems. I suggest to add this:
Code:
--disable-track-statistics-tags --engage no_cue_duration --engage no_cue_relative_position
in the "Default additional command line options" field of the "Merging" tab of the MkvToolnix GUI Preferences window (or with Muxing -> Add Command Line Options in mmg.exe. In mmg.exe, tick also the "save as default for new jobs" option so you need to do it only once.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th July 2015 at 20:29. Reason: Added the x264 level 4.2 arguments for 1080p
Old 29th July 2015, 16:01   #469  |  Link
Polar

I posted the question on the Plex forum : https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/17...pms-guidelines

But from what I know, Plex is serving the files as-is. The only transcoding that is happening is with regard to the requested bandwidth, compatible 2D video and audio output, depending on the client that is requesting the streaming.

I know by fact that when I play a 3D movie, I have to change the playback mode from transcode to DirectPlay, otherwise it won't work.

I will try to convert a SBS file to FS, see if I can pull this off .
Old 29th July 2015, 16:14   #470  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK. But the Plex forum doesn't seem very active. As I can see, you are engaged in a monologue with yourself.

Anyway, I will add the conversion to 30/60 fps globally. It will be available for SBS and T&B also, even if it's not necessary. Nobody is forced to tick that option.

Good luck for your conversion. I have tested it here by encoding first the demo clip to SBS and then converting it to FS 60fps, and it worked fine (but again I can't test it really). It should work for you, but try with a short clip first.

Last edited by r0lZ; 29th July 2015 at 16:19.
Old 30th July 2015, 11:04   #471  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have modified point 4 of the mini guide above because I forgot to specify that level 4.2 is mandatory if the resize to 720p is removed from the avisynth script. For Frame Sequential 720p, levels 4.0 or 4.1 are sufficient.

I am currently testing BD3D2MK3D v0.69 beta 2, that has the new 30/60 fps option. If everything works fine, I will probably release it soon...

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th July 2015 at 11:10.
Old 30th July 2015, 12:41   #472  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.69

OK, here is v0.69 final. It is now possible to encode in Frame Sequential stereoscopic mode at 59.94 fps, or in SBS or T&B at 30.97 fps. That should be sufficient for all 3D-Ready DLP projectors.

To encode for a DLP projector, you should select, in the last tab, the "Frame Sequential" stereoscopy mode, tick the "at 30/60 fps" option and the "Resize video to 720p" option. (It is possible that some projectors support the h264 level 4.2 or greater and can therefore play frame-sequential streams at 60fps in full 1080p resolution, but you need a recent and powerful projector and a fast connection.)
The other parameters are up to you.

Of course, let me know if there are bugs in the new code. I have tested it carefully, but it's not impossible. Especially with the subtitles in Frame Sequential mode.

This version has also two little enhancements and the MkvPropEdit bug of the missing magic file has been fixed.
Quote:
# v0.69 (July 30, 2015)
# - Added the Frame Sequential 3D packing format (in addition to SBS and T&B).
# - Added the possibility to convert the frame rate to 29.97 (or 59.94 in Frame Sequential).
# - The program is not "not responding" any more when converting audio to AC3 or AAC.
# - There is now a larger choice of bitrates when converting audio to AC3.
# - Bug Tools -> Add Current Cover Art to MKV File: toolset\data\magic.mgc was missing.
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Enjoy!

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th July 2015 at 12:52.
Old 30th July 2015, 13:30   #473  |  Link
Polar

Thanks, I will give the new version a try on a 16Gb 3D iso.

Yesterday I tried my luck on the conversion of the LG 3D SBS Demo. There were a few caveats, not really your problem, but I just mention it for others in case they run into the same issues.

When running Simple x264/x265 Launcher, I got an error. Something about FFMpegSource2 not found, or does not know FFMpegSource2 ...

After doing some research I found that the avisynth plugin folder on my PC was missing a few important files. So downloaded and copied :

-- ffms2.dll
-- ffms2.lib
-- ffmsindex.exe
-- FFMS2.avsi

into the AviSynth plugins folder under "Program Files (x86)" (Windows 7).

The final product you end up with has an .mk3d extention. Google learned me that you can just rename it to .mkv (in case your player does not support .mk3d).

The file has video and audio playback on my PC. But when playing it from the media server over a Roku 3 client, the sound was corrupted. Video playback was in 3D however. I tested the new created file again on my PC with VLC. Audio OK. I then opened the file in Xmedia Recode. Used settings "copy" for video, but converted audio to mp3. New audio test on the media server: OK.

My server supports AC3, AAC, DTS and DD (not sure about DD+). Is there a way to control the audio output from within BD3D2MK3D ?
Old 30th July 2015, 13:52   #474  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, I think that ffmpeg is installed automatically with avisynth, but I'm not absolutely sure. Someone can confirm?

MkvMerge forces the mk3d extension by default as soon as you select a stereoscopy mode for the video stream (or if you load a MKV file that has already a stereoscopy mode enabled). MK3D is the official extension for MKV 3D, but many players do not "know" it. You can change it to .mkv in the GUI, or rename the extension of the file later. (I will modify the guide too.)

Not sure what's going wrong with the sound. Perhaps it's a bug in your Roku 3 client, or the audio was already damaged in the original 3D file.

There are 2 options in tab 2 of BD3D2MK3D to change the format of the audio streams. The first option allows you to keep only the 5.1 core of the HD audio tracks (without re-encoding). It is highly recommended to leave that option ticked. The second option allows you to convert the DTS tracks to AC3 or all audio track to AAC, for compatibility reasons with the players that do not support well the DTS, HD or lossless tracks, and/or to require less disc space. (Other formats such as MP3 are not supported because they are not made to hold 5.1 audio, or are too bad.)

You can also use Tools -> Convert Audio or MKV file to AC3 or AAC to do just that manually. (If you convert a MKV file, all audio tracks present in the file will be converted.) You will have to remux the final MKV file manually with MkvMerge.

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th July 2015 at 13:58.
Old 30th July 2015, 14:16   #475  |  Link
sneaker_ger

ffms2 is not part of the official AviSynth installer (and never was)
Old 30th July 2015, 14:58   #476  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks. I have updated the guide.
Old 30th July 2015, 20:20   #477  |  Link
Polar

Here is some feedback. Have tested 2 things:

SBS to FS works fine. One small update maybe for the mini guide: When dragging the second file over the GUI, you get a pop up with multiple options. I just opted for the first one, hoping it was the correct one .

The problem with the audio: I tested the original file SBS on the media server. No sound. Used Xmedia Recode to recode the original audio to AAC. Then used the mini guide on the AAC file. Problem solved, so it must be something on my server or clients that had a problem with the used audio format.

Second, I used BD3d3MK3D to convert an 3D ISO to MKV. I got an error. Maybe you can tell me what is wrong?

The error:

Encoding started 30.07.2015 20:16:01,81

C:\SimpleX\IMAX Space Station 3D\00009>"C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion s
oftware\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\avs2yuv.exe" "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" -frames 169740 -
o - | "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion software\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x26
4_x64.exe" --crf 23 --preset medium --frame-packing 5 --qpfile chapters_3D.q
pfile --frames 169740 --fps 60000/1001 --output "00009.264" --demuxer y4m --st
din y4m -

Avisynth error:
DGMVCSource: cannot open the source file or Intel Media SDK init failed
(_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, line 39)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'
Encoding finished 30.07.2015 20:16:05,52

C:\SimpleX\IMAX Space Station 3D\00009>"C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion s
oftware\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\mkvmerge.exe" @_MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt | "C:\Users\xxx
\Downloads\3D convertion software\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\tee.exe" "00009.mkvmerge.log
"
mkvmerge v8.2.0 ('World of Adventure') 32bit
Error: The file '00009.264' has unknown type. Please have a look at the supporte
d file types ('mkvmerge --list-types') and contact the author Moritz Bunkus <mor
itz@bunkus.org> if your file type is supported but not recognized properly.

Press any key to continue . . .

The AVS script:

# Avisynth script generated Thu Jul 30 20:16:01 CEST 2015 by BD3D2MK3D v0.69
# to convert "H:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00009.mpls"
# (referencing the M2TS/SSIF files 00009)
# to 3D Frame Sequential.
# Movie title: IMAX Space Station 3D
#
# Source MPLS information:
# MPLS file: 00009.mpls
# Video : Und AVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, left-eye
# Video : Und MVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, right-eye (15 3D-Planes)
# Audio : Eng DTS-HD-Master, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio : Fra AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio : Deu AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio : Kor AC3, Stereo, 48 Khz
# Audio : Por AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio : Jpn AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Subtitle: Eng PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Fra PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Deu PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Ita PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Nld PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Kor PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Spa PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Por PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Ara PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Zho PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Dan PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Zho PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Rus PGS, 3D-plane: undefined
# Subtitle: Tha PGS, 3D-plane: undefined

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion software\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion software\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")

##LoadPlugin("C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion software\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\VSFilter.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\3D convertion software\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll")

# Load the two video streams (67896 frames per stream)
interleaved = DGMVCSource("00009.track_4113.264", "00009.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 67896, hw = 0)
#interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00009.track_4113.264", "00009.track_4114.mvc", num_frames = 67896, cache = 2, platform = "")
# Current base view: left eye.
# The views are in the common order: AVC stream = left view, MVC stream = right view.
left = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)

# Hardcode subtitles
##left = VobSub(left, "subtitle_to_hardcode_left.sub")
##right = VobSub(right, "subtitle_to_hardcode_right.sub")
#left = SupTitle(left, "subtitle_to_hardcode_left.sup")
#right = SupTitle(right, "subtitle_to_hardcode_right.sup")

# Convert frame rate of each view to 29.97 fps
left = ConvertFPS(left, "ntsc_video")
right = ConvertFPS(right, "ntsc_video")

# Build Frame Sequential stream
Interleave(left, right)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_double")

# Resize to 720p
BicubicResize(1280, 720)

# Return the 3D clip.
Return(last)#.Info()
Old 30th July 2015, 20:43   #478  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I've updated the mini guide. Indeed, with mkvtoolnix GUI, you have to specify "Add as new input file". (That was automatic with the old MkvMerge GUI.)

The error you got is caused by the Intel library that decodes the AVC and MVC video streams of the 3DBD. Try to switch to software mode with the BD3D2MK3D menu "Settings -> MVC decoder -> Hardware acceleration -> Disabled". In software mode, the program will use the intel lib distributed with BD3D2MK3D, and it should work. In hardware mode, you must have the Intel graphic chipset, and the latest version of the Intel drivers must have been properly installed. Unfortunately, I can't help more, as I'm not the author of the Intel libs, and the hardware drivers are somewhat unstable. You have to experiment.

You can also try to change the decoder and use FRIMSource instead of DGMVCSource, but I don't think that will help.

Last edited by r0lZ; 30th July 2015 at 20:46.
Old 31st July 2015, 08:45   #479  |  Link
Airmiles

Invalid Character Error

Dear all,

I have only just joined this forum, so please forgive me if I may sound like a complete newby. If for any reason my post does not belong here, please don't hesitate to let me know.

I have been trying to get BD3d2MK3d to work for me, but sofar without success. I am running under windows 7 with avisynth 2.5 installed. When hitting the button "do it", I get the following error:

invalid character "'"
in expression "round (228'711'510'016 / 1024.0 /..."
invalid character "'"
in expression "round (228'711'510'016 / 1024.0 /..."
(parsing expression "round (228'711'510'016...")
invoked from within
"expr round ($discspace1 / 1024.0 / 1024.0 / 1024.0 * 100.0) / 100.0"
(procedure "GenerateAvs" line 708)
invoked from within
"GenerateAvs"
invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen invoke "
invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen instate {pressed !disabled} { .nbf5.gf.gen state !pressed; .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } "
(command bound to event)

I was hoping you could help me r0lZ. Any help would be much appreciated and reciprocated with endless gratitude and kind remembrance.
Old 31st July 2015, 09:24   #480  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forum, Airmiles.

No problem, you have posted in the right thread.

The error is caused by a strange syntax of the integer numbers reported by Windows.
BD3D2MK3D uses the DOS command "dir" to evaluate the free disc space remaining on the target drive.
In English, the number of bytes returned by the command has comas to separate the digits, and in French dots.
I don't know what language "speaks" your Window, but I have never seen apostrophes in integer numbers!

BD3D2MK3D removes the comas and dots from the number to obtain a string that it can interpret as an integer, but it doesn't remove the apostrophes.
Hence the bug.

I have already fixed it, and I will release a new version soon.
In the meantime, you can apply this workaround, if you wish to use BD3D2MK3D immediately:

Open the console with "File -> Show Console", then copy and paste this code (in one single block) in the console and press Enter:
Code:
proc GetFreeDiscSpace {} {
	set tmp [file normalize [GetOutputFolder]]
	if {[string range $tmp 0 1] == "//"} {
		set src [string range $tmp 0 [string first "/" $tmp 2]]
	} else {
		set src [string range $tmp 0 2]
	}
	return [string map {"," "" "." "" "'" ""} [lindex [string trim [lindex [split [string trim [exec -- cmd /c dir [string map {/ \\} $src]]] \n] end]] 2]]
}
After that, you should be able to use BD3D2MK3D normally.

You will have to paste the same code each time you launch BD3D2MK3D, or re-install Windows in English.

Thanks for the bug report!
Closed Thread