Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 13th January 2016, 21:33   #20221  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
The "default" flag overrides everything, don't set it if you don't want that behavior.
Makes sense, although perhaps an option to override the default flag for audio/subs would be useful. I've yet to find a case where the default flag was used for a purpose other than to ensure decoder compatibility by the author of the file.

Last edited by dansrfe; 13th January 2016 at 21:35.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 00:49   #20222  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Makes sense, although perhaps an option to override the default flag for audio/subs would be useful. I've yet to find a case where the default flag was used for a purpose other than to ensure decoder compatibility by the author of the file.
I always set primary audio streams to "default" over secondary streams (e.g. director commentaries).
Old 15th January 2016, 00:06   #20223  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Probably not out in the wild yet:
Zero-Day FFmpeg Vulnerability Lets Anyone Steal Files from Remote Machines
Old 15th January 2016, 09:09   #20224  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
IMHO that issue is slightly overrated, but LAV is not affected in any case, unless you use it in an unsafe manner (ie. by directly hooking it up to a web server, potentially exposing its output, which is always a bad idea).

And just to be safe, the "concat" protocol used in those demonstrations is not available in LAV either (and never has been).

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th January 2016 at 10:05.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 16:46   #20225  |  Link

LAV Filters - DirectShow Media Splitter and Decoders

Installation, disabling rtp. LAV splitter, rtp enabled. The rtp links do not open. Installation, rtp enabled. Lav splitter, rtp disabled. rtp links open. Checked on the player which not plays rtp without lav filter.

Checkbox disable/enable all the components. I disabled everything and I choose what I need and enable.

A difficult captcha from questions I don't know all the answers. And I don't know English.

Last edited by 3421; 17th January 2016 at 13:41.
3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 07:07   #20226  |  Link
ileile

Quote:
I can probably export this metadata in some form, but I haven't seen many files use it. But no harm anyway!
LAV supports the .mk3d extension, file associations are managed by the player however, and not the splitter.
do you have any plan to support 3d bluray or ssif files in the near future? it is a important feature. with 3d bluray support, we can throw PowerDVD out of the window.

btw, thank you for your work
ileile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 16:46   #20227  |  Link

Enable or disable rtp in the menu LAV splitter is ignored. RTP is always as selected during installation LAV. 62

Last edited by 3421; 16th January 2016 at 16:54.
3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 22:08   #20228  |  Link
Warner306

Is it possible to modify the audio delay in LAV Audio to apply to specific refresh rates (e.g. 24 Hz)?

I have problems with audio sync at 24 Hz when playing 23.976 fps content. Other refresh rates are fine. This problem is reasonably common.

- Plex Media Player has a built-in delay for 23.976 content (see bullet #9).

- Kodi offers the ability to set delays for specific refresh rates (described here).

- There is an entire thread dedicated to this issue in the Kodi forums (found here).

Adding a refresh rate-based delay in LAV Audio would open up the ability to apply this type of correction universally to any player that uses LAV Filters.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 06:32   #20229  |  Link
Asmodian

I don't think LAV even knows the current display's refresh rate, does it? That sounds more like a player feature to me, I can see it being useful but I think it is important to keep LAV's feature list as light as possible.

If I understand this correctly, these features are compensating for different amounts of input lag in the display due to it using different modes with different refresh rates, not desync between the audio and video as it leaves the computer?
Old 19th January 2016, 08:39   #20230  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Asmodian is right, LAV Audio of course doesn't know the current refresh rate, it has nothing to do with video afterall, and I'm not exactly eager to add stuff to try to detect the current refresh rate, especially considering things like automatic display mode changers and whatnot.
Old 19th January 2016, 11:50   #20231  |  Link
ang3l

Quote:
Asmodian is right, LAV Audio of course doesn't know the current refresh rate, it has nothing to do with video afterall, and I'm not exactly eager to add stuff to try to detect the current refresh rate, especially considering things like automatic display mode changers and whatnot.
since madVR and more generally any players who uses this feature determines the refresh rate starting by the frame rate, lav could do the same for the audio delay and give two possibilities to set the value, the current method or an advanced text string as madvr does

something like

1080p23@-300, 1080p50@-150 ...

just an idea

Last edited by ang3l; 19th January 2016 at 11:58.
ang3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:13   #20232  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Audio also doesn't know the frame rate of the video, it deals with the audio, not the video. And such guesses would be extremely inaccurate anyway, and I don't do broken features. Just get whichever player you are using to do it.
Old 19th January 2016, 20:46   #20233  |  Link
cengizhan

hi nevcairiel,
could you make the installer skip downloading decoder if it alreadys exists?
cengizhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 20:58   #20234  |  Link
an3k

Even if LAV has to be responsible for A/V delay it would be the Splitter but actually the Player has to take care of it and to be honest I never experienced any delay regardless of the displays refresh rate. Maybe because I use digital connection between the playback device and the display.

Do you use an external Amp/Surround system?
an3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 00:08   #20235  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
LAV Audio also doesn't know the frame rate of the video, it deals with the audio, not the video. And such guesses would be extremely inaccurate anyway, and I don't do broken features. Just get whichever player you are using to do it.
Understood. I thought adding this feature further up the chain would make it easier to implement for the end user.
Old 20th January 2016, 00:10   #20236  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

At some point I could implement an option to do video delay (instead of audio delay) in madVR, depending on refresh rate. But probably not any time soon.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 00:13   #20237  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I don't think LAV even knows the current display's refresh rate, does it? That sounds more like a player feature to me, I can see it being useful but I think it is important to keep LAV's feature list as light as possible.

If I understand this correctly, these features are compensating for different amounts of input lag in the display due to it using different modes with different refresh rates, not desync between the audio and video as it leaves the computer?
Given the cause of this still remains unknown to the developers I've talked to, the player is simply delaying the audio by a preset amount before it outputs to the audio output device.

The Kodi thread has people blaming a number of features and claiming solutions found in the Kodi audio settings. But, in my experience, I think it comes down to the display lagging when it uses its 24 Hz mode. In either case, an easy fix is to add a delay to 23.976 content.
Old 20th January 2016, 00:27   #20238  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by an3k View Post
Even if LAV has to be responsible for A/V delay it would be the Splitter but actually the Player has to take care of it and to be honest I never experienced any delay regardless of the displays refresh rate. Maybe because I use digital connection between the playback device and the display.

Do you use an external Amp/Surround system?
Sure, it could also be the AV receiver struggling to lock-on to 24 Hz content. But I've used a very new and a reasonably old (2-3 old) Onkyo and they both display this flaw.

I think it could be a flaw of some LED TVs. They all struggle with motion in some way. I am using a very common, supposedly high-end Samsung LED.
Old 20th January 2016, 09:02   #20239  |  Link
huhn

this issue is called input lag. TV can have easily an input lag of over 100ms there are even TV with an input lag of over 200 ms.

this changes with refresh rates and settings like crappy frame interpolation and TV mode like game(low delay)/cinema(very high delay).
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 10:34   #20240  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Many TVs have input lag defined in number of frames (due to their processing), which makes it noticeable longer on 24Hz since frames are just so much longer (41.6ms instead of 16.6ms at 60Hz)

Last edited by nevcairiel; 20th January 2016 at 12:27.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter