Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 7th February 2012, 02:34   #12001  |  Link
kalston

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Because of these performance issues I asked.
With the new mode I don't even dare to watch videos with very high bitrate, it's not an option.
Well I can confirm that the old fullscreen exclusive mode does have a lip sync issue (at least in JRiver) for me so make sure you don't have this problem as well. It is only slightly off but still annoying. I actually fixed it by adding a small delay in LAV audio but struggled to find the right value (about 50ms).

Windowed mode or the new full screen mode don't have this problem at all.

I can't recall when it started happening though... Switching to JRiver? updating nVidia drivers? updating madVR/LAV?...
kalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 15:30   #12002  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalston View Post
Well I can confirm that the old fullscreen exclusive mode does have a lip sync issue (at least in JRiver) for me so make sure you don't have this problem as well. It is only slightly off but still annoying.
I've lost most of my videos, couldn't test much yet.
But I tried a Lord of the rings remux and everything seemed fine.
Using MPC HC and its internal audio decoder, LAV Video Decoder and Splitter.
With my usual test samples I haven't encountered any problem either until now.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 15:30   #12003  |  Link
fairchild

I experience no noticeable lip sync issues with FSE (old path) here, so maybe it's an Nvidia thing same as the high presentation glitches which affects Nvidia users.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:45   #12004  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
I experience no noticeable lip sync issues with FSE (old path) here, so maybe it's an Nvidia thing same as the high presentation glitches which affects Nvidia users.
I've got a Nvidia GPU (Fermi).
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 17:09   #12005  |  Link
kalston

I'm not too sure now... I had the issue then closed JRiver opened MPC and played the same file and... no issue. I then went back to JRiver and enabled the option to "play silence at startup for hardware synchronisation" and it seems to have helped (along with the "delay playback until queue is full" in madVR). Wonder if it has anything to do with my monitor being super slow to switch resolution/refresh rate (needs like almost a full second).
Old 7th February 2012, 19:00   #12006  |  Link
kerman

Congratulations to the developer for this piece of work. I've just tried out this madVR, but there are things I don't get or understand so well.

I have an AMD HD6950, and a 24p capable plasma. Im willing to smooth perfect playback, judder free and no frames dropped. I set GPU signal out to 23Hz (23.976) and try with a 23.976fps video, with MPC-HD.

I press Ctrl+J to get rendering info and, here comes what baffles me out; display refresh = 23.97315 (sometimes 23.97310-2397320) and 1 frame repeated every = ... here starting with hours, then go to days, back to hours, days again...etc. How is that posible?? if you do the math -> 1/(23.976-23.97320)*60 ---> it should be 1 frame dropped about every 6min aprox!!

Also, after 40min of playback, the dropped/delayed frames shown yet are 0 both. How the hell is this possible if refresh rate is 23.97320Hz at madVR statistics? its contradictory or am I interpreting that data wrong?

Last edited by kerman; 7th February 2012 at 19:24.
kerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 21:54   #12007  |  Link
Andy o

Um, possibly dumb question, but you don't happen to be using ReClock, right? Also, a comment, not an answer. That seems way off for what we've seen for AMD cards, which are usually very close to 23.976 (mine is around 23.97590).
Old 7th February 2012, 22:13   #12008  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
I experience no noticeable lip sync issues with FSE (old path) here, so maybe it's an Nvidia thing
all is well here, 8800GS/XPSP3/Reclock/old path...I've set the software buffers to the max, but it was already dead smooth and fully synced before anyway.

Last edited by leeperry; 7th February 2012 at 22:17.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 22:21   #12009  |  Link
kerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Um, possibly dumb question, but you don't happen to be using ReClock, right? Also, a comment, not an answer. That seems way off for what we've seen for AMD cards, which are usually very close to 23.976 (mine is around 23.97590).
Thx; not using reclock, didnt even install it. The point is, at least one of the rendering numbers shown by madvr must be wrong; display refresh or dropped/repeated frames, since math is there.

Last edited by kerman; 7th February 2012 at 22:24.
Old 8th February 2012, 02:23   #12010  |  Link
robpdotcom

The refresh rate madVr shows should be very accurate - I believe madshi has said not to put too much faith into the "frame drop/repeat every XXXX minutes/hours/days".

The real test is to check the actual number of dropped frames - if you don't get any, everything is fine.
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 04:05   #12011  |  Link
kerman

As for "1 frame repeated every... " I definitely dont understand how it works... it goes from hours to days and get back too fast without apparent sense.

On Display, madVR shows 23.97315 (+- .00010). The maths says that is equivalent to 1 frame lost every 6 min for 23.976 material. No discussion here.

As for the "dropped frames", I have a doubt... does it mean "dropped frames" caused for PC performance or playback issues under a specific high tasking demanding on resources?... or is it about the frames dropped becouse the fps-Hz asynchrony mentioned above?

(BTW, I have a Q6600@3.60GHz, AMD HD6950 and 8GB RAM. Win7x64 and latest Catalyst drivers 12.1)

Last edited by kerman; 8th February 2012 at 04:09.
Old 8th February 2012, 06:49   #12012  |  Link
Andy o

It means the latter. Can you switch to EVR and see what it reports? Or, you can also install ReClock which will tell you also accurately to the thousandth your refresh rate.
Old 8th February 2012, 07:22   #12013  |  Link
robpdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerman View Post
As for the "dropped frames", I have a doubt... does it mean "dropped frames" caused for PC performance or playback issues under a specific high tasking demanding on resources?... or is it about the frames dropped becouse the fps-Hz asynchrony mentioned above?
I have a card that operates very close to perfect refresh rates - it will stay around 23.97602Hz. If I do something that bottle-necks my cpu, the decoder queue will drop, and madVR will report dropped frames.

Likewise, I can force a refresh rate below the frame rate - say 23Hz refresh rate for 59Hz material - and even though all the queues will be full, madVR will report dropped frames.

I'm pretty sure it's just the number of dropped frames, regardless of why they were dropped.
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 07:26   #12014  |  Link
Andy o

Right, it's either, I misread the question. I thought he meant the "dropped/repeated frames every xx seconds" display.
Old 8th February 2012, 18:44   #12015  |  Link
kalston

Quote:
Ok I'll try to help: I believe (not 100% sure) that the "X frame dropped/repeated every X seconds/minutes/hours" has nothing to do with the "dropped/delayed frames" in the stats below. The latter only indicates the amount of abnormal events (like the frames that are dropped and delayed when you switch from windowed to fullscreen exclusive and vice versa).

For example, when I play a 24fps (not 23.976) film on a my monitor at 71.93hz I get one dropped frame every 40 seconds or so (which is perfectly normal as it is the only way of fitting 24fps into 71.93hz) and I can even see it with my own eyes. madVR does indicate "1 frame dropped every 40 second" but the stats below show no dropped frames (unless I switch from windowed to fullscreen or something like that).

One thing I also noticed is that the "X framed repeated/dropped" sometimes takes a long time to find the right value (sometimes it will keep changing until it settles on the correct value).
Old 8th February 2012, 19:27   #12016  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
Now instead of close I get crash. (MPC-HC)
Should be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
BTW. What do you think about using 7-zip(LZMA2) instead of zip(Deflate)? I have made little comparison:
madVR.zip = 3.88 MB || madVR.7z = 2.37 MB
libmfxsw32.zip = 3.72 MB || libmfxsw32.7z = 2.08 MB
It would save some bandwidth.
Power users may have 7zip installed. But many "normal" users don't, so I think I should better keep using zip for better compatability. Probably once I reach v1.0, I'm going to offer an installer package which then can use a better compression algorithm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouArePro View Post
Yes my 13" inch 2010 model macbook pro's gpu is integrated into the cpu with shared memory. However, it used to work fine with windows XP professional 32 bit on my bootcamp before changing to windows 7 ultimate 32bit now.
Unfortunately my sister is gone for many months, and with her the laptop with shared GPU. So I don't have any way to test & fix this problem at the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimaflarex View Post
MPC-HC opened, without playing anything(Aero disabled):
GPU-Z reports 41MB of used GPU memory.
ProcessExplorer reports 26.9MB(dedicated memory) and 26.3MB(system memory)

Playing a 1080p video using madVR:
madVR reports usage of 115MB.
GPU-Z reports usage of 413MB.
Process Explorer reports usage of 400MB(dedicated memory) and 153MB(system memory).

Something does seems odd...
Nvidia Geforce 8500GT, if that matters.

Edit: Not using any hardware decoding.
It does seem a bit odd. Do you have Aero/Desktop Composition enabled? What happens if you disable that?

Quote:
Madshi, new version is working A-OK aside from one minor difference which I tweaked. Basically I was also noticing frame drops and low queues with the auto settings which are determined by my GPU's ram total. I have re-attained smooth playback by setting the queues to CPU:12, GPU:8 and disabling use a separate thread for presentation to stop MPC-HC from hanging when skipping through files. Everything else is at defaults for me aside from also disabling decoding and changing scaling to: softcubic 70 - chroma, bicubic 75 luma up/down
FWIW, "use a separate thread for presentation" is off by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
I'm getting alot of dropped frames with 080 compared to 079 with no settings changed. It seems with 080 getting batches of 5 presentation glitches every 15 to 20 seconds that cause the stutters on my 2nd gpu.

Confirmed its not happening with 079 (presentation glitches do not increment at all) on the same gpu.

I also noticed that with 080 an aero message shows in the stats (2nd line) that is not there in 079 when using identical settings. Is that normal?
Are we talking about exclusive mode? Anyway, if you didn't get that Aero message before and now you get it, something is weird. What happens if you tell madVR to disable Aero/Desktop Composition? Does that fix the dropped frames?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin77 View Post
EDIT2 I reset settings and deactivated decoding and Use separate device for presentation, lowered GPU queue to 6 and that seems to fixed it. Scaling is set at Bicubic 60 for all. So it seems Auto settings are fracked.
JFMI, what is your GPU RAM size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
I think there should be a configuration utility included with madVR to tweak all the settings GPU related. Honestly I'm fed up wit tweaking madVR so it won't drop frames. I set it to auto and it sets the GPU queue to 4, sometimes 5, sometimes 12 and then it works fine for an hour and after that it says the memory is 100MB over how much the card has. Then it brings it down to 4 and it starts dropping frames every 5 seconds. On top of that the refresh rate frame drop/repeat calculation is never steady and goes from seconds to minutes to hours and back to seconds. This is on two different computers with two completely different configurations in terms of CPU, RAM, GPU, and GPU RAM.
Well, if v0.80 doesn't work well for you, you can go back to an older version. FWIW, I'll probably drop the automatic CPU/GPU queue size stuff and always default to 16/8, while still allowing you to modify it. The refresh rate calculation should be quite steady. The frame drop/repeat estimate is just that: an estimate. I always said that you can't fully rely on it and that it takes a loooooong time to calm down. Just ignore it, if it never calms down on your PC.

Quote:
I see dropped frames, usually in batches of 1 or 3 every 5 seconds visually and in the OSD in text. I'm very fed up because I have no idea what the problem is or how to possibly fix it since this didn't happen before.
Well, then just go back to an older build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovovick View Post
Thanks madshi for the new release, now Madvr 0.8 works fine with Nvidia Optimus GT550 and MPC-HC or Pot Player
It does?? Don't know what I've changed to make it work. Are we talking about Windows 7 here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadllhead View Post
I'm wondering if any of you guys could help me out?
Have been using MadVR for a few months and it's been glitch free but ive recently changed my tv and avamp and updated LAV filters and MadVR to the latest versions and now the playback isn't smooth. I get slight juddering which you notice when the camera is panning across the screen sometimes the sound cuts out for a split second.
cpu is intel core2 6700, nividia gt430, 4gb ram. I use MPC-HC with LAV and MadVR playing 1080p DTS-MA mkv files mainly.
What should i be looking for when i press ctrl-j? I don't really understand a lot of what im looking at but would appreciate some pointers...
Thanks
Important things to check are the refresh rate (it should be a clean multiply of the movie frame rate, e.g. for Blu-Rays you should ideally use a 23.976Hz refresh rate) and the information about dropped/repeated/glitched frames. If you have dropped/... frames then your CPU/GPU is too slow to keep up with the content and settings you've chosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah Jahan View Post
Can madVR be used to watch 3D movies like Half-SBS, Full-SBS, Over and Under?

If so how?
Well, if the movie is encoded that way and you just want madVR to "pass it through" to the display, then that should be possible, but you'll probably need to setup a custom resolution for Full-SBS. If you mean that madVR should automatically take any Blu-Ray movie and convert it for you to SBS, or if you mean that madVR should send any 3D content through HDMI 1.4 as "frame packed" then that's not supported yet. Currently madVR does not know do anything 3D specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostik View Post
Is there going to be a version with 10bit output instead of 8bit?
Probably, at some point in time. But probably not very soon because the benefit isn't very high, thanks to dithering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouArePro View Post
Now I can play the videos in my kmplayer using madvr under windows xp sp3 compatibility mode. If i disable the compatibility xp mode, the kmp will always hang.
When the next build (v0.81) is out, can you create a freeze report for me? I'll explain how in the release notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlnl View Post
Thank you for IVTC!
If the stream is like that

can not switch to film mode (cntrl+alt+shift+t). OSD (cntrl+j) does not say anything about IVTC.
That is DVD content in .mkv.
You may have to activate deinterlacing first (ctrl+alt+shift+d), then switch to film mode after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi, regarding FSE mode, is it likely that possible future versions may be less likely to glitch?
When I had an AMD card glitches weren't an issue but with Nvidia card it's a different story.
I've settled for the occasional glitch rather than the low queues and it's working out okay.
Is there any you would be looking into ease of playback on Nvidia's hardware in the future? Or is the current code already designed to suit everything as well as it can? Thanks.
I don't think there's anything I can do about NVidia glitches. From my point of view it's a clear NVidia driver issue. All those funny tweak options for avoiding glitches, plus the D3D10 presentation path are things I implemented just to help NVidia users avoid those nasty glitches. I've spent weeks developing all that stuff. I think the only way forward would be to convince NVidia to fix the problem in their drivers. For that I'm planning to create a demo project (with full source code) to demonstrate the problem to NVidia without needing madVR. Maybe with the help of that NVidia might be willing to fix the problem. That demo project will take some time to develop, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
I have had a little time and have done more testing with 080 and the dropped frame issue I have. I have discovered that enabling 'overshoot max frame latency' in FSE mode fixes the dropped frames but creates other issues that don't happen if I enable the debug mode for logging (using the same settings).

With the release version with above enabled the render and present queues gradually drop and don't recover. After a short time lip sync issues appear. I enabled the debug mode to get a log for you, however while the render and present queues drop they actually recover so its impossible for me to get you a log of whats happening in the release build.

This is not happening in 079 and I also have no need to use 'overshoot max frame latency' to get stable playback with the previous version. This is something that started with 080. I also noticed that with 080 an aero message shows in the stats on the 2nd line (composition rate) that is not there in 079 when using identical settings (I do not disable aero for playback). Is that normal?
Can you please test whether the issues go away if you tell madVR to disable aero for playback? That would prove that aero is causing the issues. The big question is why you get aero with 080 while you don't get it for 079. It might have to do with a fix I implemented in 080 to work around aero not recognizing a new refresh rate quickly enough. In order to fix that I sometimes disable and reenable aero. Might be that this fix makes problems in your case for some reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindz View Post
Ok, so ive found the problem. The problem is when i havent got CCC running the color shift appears on ALL videos. If i execute the CCC the color shift is gone, but now only the washed out picture is available :/
That sounds really weird. FWIW, the washed out picture sounds like a simple PC vs. video levels issue. These kind of driver problems is the exact reason why madVR tries to avoid DXVA if possible. We are talking about playback with DXVA deinterlacing, or are we not? Or do you have the same problems without DXVA deinterlacing, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
1) Problem with ivtc and ffdshow video decoder

If I use ffdshow video decoder, I can't use your ivtc.

I can use your ivtc only with your video decoder or lav video decoder.
Can you explain what you mean with "I can't use your ivtc" exactly? I don't understand what you mean. FWIW, one ivtc related bug in ffdshow has recently been fixed so you might need to get a newer ffdshow build. Also make sure that in ffdshow you disable the option "decoder options -> detect soft telecine [...]". And in "output" activate "set interlaced flag [...]".

Quote:
2) When I use ivtc, mpc osd (in window mode) indicate 30 fps (fraps show 24fps i nwindows mode) and not 24 fps. Is it normal?
In ctrl+j here is:
deinterlacing on
film mode, cadence 3:2
Which MPC OSD do you mean exactly? Anyway, it's probably not a problem.

Quote:
3) in madvr here is in rendering settings:
adjust queue sizes to gpu ram size.

What means? By default it is checked. Is it good or not?
This setting will probably be gone in the next build, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
Maybe stupid question but does catalyst A.I. affect madVR's PQ???
Don't know. Not sure what A.I. does exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glc650 View Post
I now have a Radeon 6570 and use MPC-HC and LAV to playback my 1080/60p camcorder footage. With madVR selected as the renderer, my videos playback like a slide show. If I select EVR Custom Pres., my videos playback just fine.

Previous setup worked fine as well and the only difference there was the graphics card (GeForce 520) and I had CUVID enabled in the LAV video decoder settings (obviously I can't use CUVID now with my new Radeon card).

NOTE: My interlaced footage (from older camcorder) looks much better (smoother, less artifacts) with madVR and my Radeon (vs. madVR + the GeForce 520). My 720/60p GoPro footage looks good too so looks like just my 1080/60p content is an issue with madVR.
Please press Ctrl+J and check whether the decoder queue is near empty or full. If the decoder queue is full then your GPU can't keep up. If your decoder queue is empty then your CPU can't keep up.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 19:28   #12017  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik View Post
Hi (and sorry for my ethiopic )

Initialise madVR always with install.bat + XPsp3 and MPC-HC builds from xvidvideo.ru:
With 0.79 I becomes the trayicon of madVR 1 of 20 times not to show. Ok, it was not serious problem.
But with 0.80 this icon, and hereby the easy acces to the GUI, is completly lost

With the same mpc-hc build, same GPU, same driver. Therefore I think, this is not a mpc-hc problem -> Downgrade to 0.79, trayicon is back.
That's weird. Does the tray icon not show at all? Or does it appear and then go away again? What happens if you manually double click "madVR v.80\madHcCtrl.exe"? Does the tray icon appear then and can you control the media player through that tray icon then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Alpha View Post
There is no temporal difference between the fields. If I run it though something like QTGMC I get 50p but with duplicate frames. If I run it though TIVTC I get good looking results. It is based on this I concluded that it was 2:2 material.
Thanks, I'll have a look at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Is there any news on a feature with the same function as the Autochange Fullscreen Monitor Mode in mpc-hc being added to madVR?
It's on my to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrobbie View Post
AMD CCC, under the video settings tab, should i use auto deinterlacing or should i use vector adaptive, which will give me the best quality
I think the end result is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
What does the overshoot max frame latency tweak actually do? Is it a good or bad thing?
The settings dialog explicitely says: "don't use the following options unless you absolutely need them for glitch free playback". I think that's as clear as can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
2) OSD (ctrl-j) only shows on the last instance of madvr no matter where it is initialized for example
True. Will be fixed in the next build. However, this comes with a catch: Older madVR builds "swallowed" every supported key combination. The next madVR build will not swallow any keys, anymore. That will fix the problem you reported. It will however also make key combinations work again in other applications, even if madVR is running. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. Probably the majority of people will consider it "good", though, so I decided to change madVR this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel View Post
Haven't updated my video drivers in a while, so I just noticed the setting "Enable ITC Processing" in the AMD Vision CP. Does this have any affect on madVR, or EVR even for that matter?
I've no idea what this setting does, so I don't know the answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxnet View Post
I have a LG 42LD450 television and have been trying to use the auto refresh rate of 23.976 to 24.00 and 29.970 to 60 in MadVr/ReClock. When I submit 1080p24 and 1080p60, MadVr will only use the first resolution submitted in the box. The EDID does not list 24p as a standard resolution, but when changing the refresh rate in CCC I am able to output this rate of 24hz.
madVR can only switch to resolutions known to Windows. If you check the Windows GUI (not CCC), which refresh rates are supported exactly? Is it 23p? 24p? 59p? 60p? If Windows says 23p you can't tell madVR to use 24p. You need to tell madVR the correct name that Windows uses, otherwise madVR can't properly switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abso View Post
I installed madvr about a week ago and i rly like the improvement in picture quality. But i have one big problem. Since i installed madVR i get rly short micro judder from time to time (always at same place in a video). I checked my hardware and i only got 20% GPU and 40-50% CPU load. Also i dont have any droped/delayed frames or presentation glitches. I use mpc-hc, LAV, haali combination with madVR. If i run the movie with wmp 12 for example i get no judder at all.
Does this happen with every video you play? Or just with one/some of them? Which splitter and video decoder are you using?

Quote:
I posted up a couple of threads regarding the auto refresh rate in MadVr. I did some more testing and MadVR refresh rate does indeed work. Only on certain videos though. When playing Hancock the refresh rates stays at 60 instead switching to 24.
A madVR log for Hancock might help figuring out why madVR doesn't switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makakam View Post
Should I be concerned about what scaling algorithms to choose when watching blurays in mpc-hc?
Depends on whether your display is 1080p and whether you use any scaling/zooming in MPC-HC. In any case the chroma upsampling algorithm always applies because Blu-Rays are 4:2:0, so madVR has to upsample chroma to 4:4:4.

Quote:
Upon further testing tonight I found that whenever there was no vsync correction in Reclock there would be no auto frequency change from MadVR. It did not matter if the disk was ripped or not, the same results happen. I tried the latest AMD driver and the results were the same. All the new driver did was bork the desktop scaling. Back to 11.3 for me. FFdshow still shows 25.00fps and no luck. I am having limited success with Nvidia Purevideo decoders.

Not sure if Madshi can resolve this or not, but worth taking a look at. This is for SD DVD playback.
Why are you using Purevideo decoders? I'd suggest either LAV Video or the internal madVR decoder. Refresh rate switching depends on the decoder reporting the correct movie frame rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitomiKun View Post
So after my little problem here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...67#post1544667

I passed the information to ffdshow devs like you told me madshi. They told me that it's impossible to fix this and that the container was badly muxed/encoded.
I disagree with Yamagata here. Maybe the file is badly muxed/encoded, but still, the h264 headers clearly say it's 30p/60i, so ffdshow reporting 25p/50i makes no sense at all. Maybe ffdshow can't be 100% sure about the frame rate. But even then, it's better to report what is in the h264 headers than to report a totally wrong framerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitomiKun View Post
Yamagata said that the problem could be fixed if madVR would get the fps rate after recieving the first 3 frames, thus allowing to switch to the right Hz rate. That would may be a good and secure way to get the right fps/hz rate.
Reading the first 3 frames would not be good enough because frame timestamps are not always perfect. Furthermore, if I have to wait for a couple of frames before I know the correct movie frame rate then I have to start playback before I can switch to the correct display refresh rate. Which means that the display mode would change after playback has already started. That's not a good solution. It's better to change the display mode before playback starts.

But yes, in the long run I'm planning to let madVR watch timestamps and correct the refresh rate if it proves to be wrong. But this is a feature that will take some time to implement (properly), so it won't come very soon. In any way it would help a lot if all splitters and decoders did their very best to try to report the movie framerate as accurately as possible. And ffdshow is currently not doing that. I'll talk to Yamagata about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
I just noticed that my GeForce 9400 GPU is too slow to play 1080p30 content (on a 1080p display) using madVR with default options. So I need to lighten the load a little bit. The problem goes away if use 10-bit precision chroma *and* luma buffers, or if I disable dithering. Switching chroma upscaling algorithms doesn't seem to make much difference.

I have two questions:
- Is there anything else I can try to improve performance? Note that I'm using CUVID for decoding.
- If not, what's the best option between using 10-bit for chroma and luma, or disabling dithering?
Going to 10bit chroma/luma isn't nice, but less damaging than disabling dithering, IMHO.

Quote:
There's something different in 0.80 that is completely messing up things for DVD playback. I start a DVD in Open Disc, it switches resolution, I get Macrovision Fail (monitor stays in 50hz), then I go Open Disc again and the DVD can play. I've also noticed very often menus can fail to navigate and MPC will utterly crash.
If you get a crash with the next madVR build (v0.81) you can send me a crash report and I'll see what I can do. More about this new feature in the v0.81 release notes.

DVD playback is not officially supported yet. I'm aware of the Macrovision problem. Honestly, I don't know why DVD playback sometimes works. I thought it wouldn't work at all, in Windows 7. But I haven't really looked into it too much yet.

Quote:
It seems like madvr is doing a heck of a lot of work when switching resolutions in 0.80; it blanks out twice recomposing the screen and not very gracefully.
I'm disabling and reenabling Aero on the fly when switching resolutions in v0.80. That was necessary to make Aero aware of the changed refresh rate. In older versions I did not do that and then often Aero was using an incorrect composition rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBizarre View Post
So it happens with Chrome too, huh? I thought it was Firefox bug.
Anyway, it seems that's side effect of desktop composition disabling/re-enabling added to madVR. It happens quite often, but I haven't found a way to reproduce it anytime I want.

There's another thing that puzzles me. With the help of AutoHotkey and simple script found on their forums, i made two executables for turning Aero off and back on.
One disables composition and waits for closing the message in order to re-enable it:
Code:
DWM_EC_ENABLECOMPOSITION:=1, DWM_EC_DISABLECOMPOSITION:=0
DllCall("Dwmapi.dll\DwmEnableComposition", "UInt", DWM_EC_DISABLECOMPOSITION)
MsgBox, Aero should be off. It should turn back on when 'Ok' is clicked.
The other one disables Aero and immediately re-enables it:
Code:
DllCall("Dwmapi.dll\DwmEnableComposition", "UInt", DWM_EC_DISABLECOMPOSITION)
DllCall("Dwmapi.dll\DwmEnableComposition", "UInt", DWM_EC_ENABLECOMPOSITION)
Although the latter one prevents taskbar from auto-hiding (I must execute it twice to have taskbar hide), it never causes disappearing of Firefox's control buttons. Not to mention the first script have no negative side effects whatsoever.
Interesting. But I can't let madVR users close a message box everytime madVR switches display modes... So what else should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBizarre View Post
MadVR on the other hand is calling dwmapi.dll only to check if Aero is running, and then is calling uxtheme.dll to disable/re-anable composition (or so it seems - I checked it with API Monitor).
No, I'm using dwmapi for disabling/reenabling desktop composition, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD View Post
I'm also having micro-stutters with madVR, as opposed to EVR, for instance. It happnes not only with v0.8, but also with v0.79. I have not tried with older versions.

This happens on any 23.976 video material, played on a 60Hz (actually 59.6Hz) display monitor.
madVR is not optimized yet for 24p on 60Hz playback. I'm planning to look into this in a future version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Alpha View Post
But a simple blending doesn't look very good. You would get smooth (well smoother) motion but you would end up with artifacts from the blending.
What artifacts would you get from simple blending?
Old 8th February 2012, 19:29   #12018  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
You said ask a few months later back in April, so here we go
Sorry, can we move this back another few months?

Quote:
As you can see, the actual frame rate is 23.976 and I do NOT want to do 3/2 pulldown. I want to run the tv refresh rate at 24fps and let Reclock do its job. The difference in frame rate is due to the way DVD authors stitch the video together. The very beginning part with the studio logo(s) is probably in 29.97 since it is designed to be put on DVDs. The movie is usually 23.976 progressive which is then flagged with repeated frames (pulldown) to make it comply with the DVD requirement of 29.97. MediaInfo is smart enough to ignore the repeated frames and report the true FPS on the film parts. However, MediaInfo is designed for files that are consistent for the entire file, which DVDs are not.

Madshi, is there a way for MadVR to detect this from the .vob file while playing. Right now the solution is to enter 1080p24 for auto refresh rate. Some of my rips are at 29.970, so 24fps will not work.
DVDs are sometimes not encoded consistently. They may be encoded as 29.970 at the start and then later they switch to 23.976, or vice versa. So doing what MediaInfo does does not really help much. It's also possible that a 23.976 movie has a video mode intro (e.g. the D-Theater intro is video mode!). Or it's also possible that a video mode DVD has a movie mode intro. You just can't rely on a quick check. The only proper way is to constantly check the content and react whenever the content changes. This is planned for a future madVR release, but it's very difficult to implement correctly, so it will take some time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmaster View Post
But if possible, could you please add an option in madVR settings? In order to not have to switch every time. For example: Auto (as currently)/Manual: TV/PC.
I think that it makes sense.
But then you would get incorrect results with videos which are *really* full range and properly encoded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpdotcom View Post
When I have used madVR's IVTC, it either works fine, or I get stuttering - when I get stuttering, the OSD usually displays an unknown cadence (or, will fluctuate). Also, whenever I see stuttering, I always test with DScaler and it will show the same symptoms. Most of the time I see stuttering, it's on CBS broadcasts, which e-t172 has said are problematic. I don't know how to tell if a source is properly telecined, so I'll start to collect some more samples when I come across problems.
Yes, please. Samples, samples, SAMPLES, samples. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secvensor View Post
Error in MPC-HC: on
when pressing Hoot-Key "PageDown"
What kind of error? Seems to work fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
are there plans for a Sync Graph like MPC-HC (Gothsyncs implementation) has it the diagnostics display is nice (numbers) but a Graph makes it much easier to see issues either inside the stream or system related almost in realtime (depending on the latency) im really surprised how much stream,decoder,system related issues i could immediately spot now having low enough render latency and no other noise around see http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=351

having a similar "Realtime" Graphical representation for madvr would be really nice
To be honest, I don't even know for sure what the graph means exactly. It would probably be possible to do something like that for madVR, too, but it being "really nice" isn't enough motivation for me right now, because I've sooooooo many things on my to do list already which would be really nice to have. I would say, please come back with this wish in a couple of months, then maybe I'll add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
Since 0.80 I have some lip sync issues. Most of the times I don t have problems but I get lip sync issues when I pauze and start playing again. To solve this I have to pauze/play a few times until it the video/audio is in sync again. Didn t had this problem with 0.79. How can I help to find out what causes this in 0.80?
Do you have the option "overshoot max frame latency" activated? Does the problem go away if you uncheck that option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
I watched a few silent films on DVD last night (these sometimes have odd cadences, I think because the transfer is done at a rate less than 24) and your IVTC algorithm worked very well. It cycled through 4:3:3, 3:3:2:2, and an 'unknown' cadence and it looked very smooth. Before, with DScaler, it would detect only 3:2 and decimate to 24 but I'd still get combing, so I was forced to deinterlace film content. Not anymore... thanks for the feature!
That sounds quite interesting. Can I have a sample, or maybe even a couple of samples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewando View Post
Is there any way the deinterlacing and IVTC used in madVR could be leveraged for encoding (e.g. avisynth filter)? It seems to me that it would make sense to use the GPU to deinterlace while the CPU encodes, and madVR has shown that the GPU is up to the task, but I couldn't really find anything that would really work like this.

Just a thought, but it's a little annoying to watch a transport stream be perfectly IVTC'd by madVR, while being forced to use slow filters that eat up CPU for encoding.
FWIW, madVR currently uses the CPU for IVTCing (unless you run madVR in "video" deinterlacing mode, which uses DXVA). I do plan to move the CPU IVTC algorithm to the GPU sooner or later, but for now it was easier to implement it on the CPU.

The problem with encoding is that you'd need to move the frames back from GPU RAM to CPU RAM, which isn't very fast at least on AMD machines. Well, maybe fast enough for encoding, but then, is it faster than doing everything on the CPU? I'm not sure... Anyway, for now my focus is on playback, only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
0.80 - Watched a 100min blu-ray today with the same settings as usual and at the end of the movie, the lipsync issue was definately there. CPU 5-7%, pls see my specs. I did watch the same file already in december with no issues ( 0.79 ), so maybe something really went wrong with 0.80 in this area.
That sounds bad. I'll double check the 0.80 changes to see if one of them could explain the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight2 View Post
then the bug of the levels video has been resolved with nvidia?
What bug do you mean exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italospain View Post
here a 3 examples of my NTSC DVD Library where i am not able to IVTC with madVR or DScaler mod.

https://rapidshare.com/files/576191865/Examples.zip
Thanks, will have a look at that. I hate RapidShare, though, they make me wait several minutes, every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
Another deinterlacing sample. This is a weird one, don't know if it will be useful or not. The film itself was perfect, staying in 2:2, but when the credits came up, it went to unknown cadence, and then switched to 4:2:2. (which is wrong)
Thanks, will have a look at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
The option to log timestamps for cadence changes would be great too.
Sounds like a good idea. But then maybe we should wait for the next build, in the hope that it works perfectly? That would save me the same to add another logging logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
Just curious: why isn't madVR compatible with "native" DXVA decoders (e.g. ffdshow DXVA, MPC DXVA)? Why is EVR the only renderer that can do this? Is there some kind of fundamental problem or is it just that madshi hasn't got to it yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I'm sure it would be possible, he just hasn't done it yet.
Correct. There's a different communication technique necessary between decoder <-> renderer for DXVA decoding to work, which frightens me a little bit. Also I'm a bit worried about how to deal with the media player being moved from one monitor to another, when using DXVA decoding. But it should generally be possible to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iop View Post
When the possibility to take screenshots with alt+i with MPC will be added?
When I reach that item in my to do list.

Quote:
Bug: When wallpaper automatically changes (e.g. every 5 mins), multiple frames are dropped in exclusive mode.
That is outside of my control. I doubt that there's much I can do about it.

Quote:
Bug: Refresh/reset of exclusive mode when changing player to other display takes many minutes.
Can you please do a freeze report with the next build, once it's out? Details about how to do that will follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrecour View Post
1. Is max prerendered frames OK left at 3?
2. Do you recommend leaving Digital Vibrance at the default (+50%)?
3. Should I specifically set all Antialiasing settings to OFF or can I leave them as "application controlled"
1. Don't know, probably makes no difference.
2. Does it affect madVR at all? I'm not sure...
3. Application controlled is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
As much as switching refresh rates on the fly is usually OK during playback, doing so in pause mode usually ends up in PotP locked up hard here on XPSP3...it would be great if that wasn't the case
Please create a freeze report with the next build and send it to me. Details will follow about how to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfrikk View Post
Will the screenshot functionality be implemented anytime soon-ish?
It will be implemented when I reach that item in my to do list. I can't say when that will be exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfrikk View Post
Also, I posted this in the PotPlayer thread - sometimes the OSD shows output resolution being bigger than the output/source resolution. For example, 1920x1080 video shows output being 2048x1080. Sometimes the height dimension is negative (e.g. 2048x -1080). I was told in the other thread it's OSD printing out wrong values or something along those lines but it only happens with MadVR, when I switch to EVR Custom Present the values are correct.
You're talking about the PotPlayer OSD or the madVR OSD? There's not much I can say about the PotPlayer OSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBG View Post
I don't know if it is normal, but I have constant crashes playing 4k video on madVR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0m1XmvBey8 -Life in the Garden sample.
How can I play this with madVR? YouTube doesn't seem to offer a way for me to download this video?

Anyway, please reproduce the crash with the next build and send me the resulting crash report. Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
I dont know if this is a bug of madVR or MPC-HC, but changing refresh rate with madVR refresh changer when a video file is opened results in a freeze of MPC-HC ( without any message ). MPC-HC is not responding then and needs to be closed or removed from application processes in the task manager. If the refresh rate changer in madVR is not active, there is no issue with opening files.
Pluto
Please create a freeze report with the next build. Details about how to do that will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBG View Post
Here is how it crashes, got it when it was in the window.

[...]

Also I don't understand why madVR uses so much video ram here.
Your queue sizes are quite high. Please try to set the GPU queue size to a lower value. E.g. try 8 or even 6. Maybe that helps?
Old 8th February 2012, 19:29   #12019  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Weird, it doesn't work on my PC, either. Don't know why it works for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petran79 View Post
when switching to full screen exclusive mode, sound volume drops by 50 %
Weird. I rather guess it has nothing to do with madVR at all, probably just the HDMI driver changes modes somehow when entering exclusive mode. But I don't really know. Anyway, I don't see how I could possibly do anything to change this behaviour because madVR isn't doing anything audio related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillars of Creation View Post
Feature request:

active screensaver while paused video

a) after x minutes
b) use os default

Screen saving to avoid plasma burn in
Oh well, sounds reasonably useful, I'll add it to my to do list, but with very low priority.

Quote:
Whether and it is possible to introduce not only video codecs, but also support of playing of a sound through ASIO?
madVR does not contain anything audio related, and never will.

Quote:
Whether and madvr it will be supported j.player(in exclusive mode)?
Options allow, but at all hangs.
Please create a freeze report with the next madVR build. I'll explain later how to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozokaydin View Post
I have Nvdia GTX 590, Amd 1090T and using MPC-HC+LavFiters+Madvr. Regardless of the video size, i had dropped frames after 15 minutes. No dropped frames before 15 mins. I have to restart video every 15-20 mins to have zero dropped frames. I can not find the problem. Is there any one can offer a solution?
That sounds weird. Maybe the GPU lowers the clock after 15 minutes because it thinks full clock is not needed? I've no idea, just a wild guess. My first guess was a heat/hardware related problem. But then if a straight video player restart (without big delays) fixes the problem for another 15 minutes, heat/hardware related issues seem less likely. Have you tried installing newer drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manni500 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for my query or if I should go over to the PotPlayer section.

Here is my problem: when using Madshi as the Video Renderer, the brightness & contrast controls of PotPlayer do not work. However, the controls work perfectly if I use "Auto Selection" (in other words let PotPlayer choose the Video Renderer)
madVR itself does not support brightness & contrast adjustments at the moment. If you use "Auto Selection", does PotPlayer then use madVR or a different renderer? If PotPlayer manages to change brightness & contrast with madVR then it's PotPlayer doing all the work. So if it suddenly stops working it can't be madVR's fault because madVR doesn't support it atm to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangix View Post
rant:

i like how madVR performs faster than vmr9 and evr on this pos machine running xp with a p4 2.6ghz and an hd2400 pro. even with stock settings. really pathetic. or awesome. not sure.
Haha.

Quote:
Can you please explain to us how to read the log files so that we can attempt to figure out why a certain problem is happening? Thanks.
The logs files are mostly for myself to read. They contain lots of information only I can understand. If you want you can look into them. But it doesn't make much sense for me to try explain them. It would take years to explain it all. Some things in the log you may find out for yourself, but I'm not sure how useful it would really be. The main problem is that the logs are so very big. So even if you did understand some of what's going on there, you'd still have to find the exact place in the log where to look. So better leave them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanezhiling View Post
"madVR 0.80 + CoreAVC 3.0.1(Hardware)", there's no image output when playing 1080i??
"Hardware"? madVR does not support DXVA decoding at the moment. I guess "Hardware" means DXVA decoding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixxl View Post
When using mpc-hc in fullscreen mode , then , whilst playing one presses the right mouse button , mpc-hc reverts to desktop frequency before displaying the context menu. The first time clicking , the menu doesn't even appear.

I have no idea if this is a madvr issue or something in mpc-hc , I just know this only happens when using madvr output. Right clicking 24 fps media while playing in EVR , haali , vmr , overlay output in fullscreen , the frequency doesn't change.
In EVR and VMR exclusive mode you can't get a context menu at all. And Haali doesn't even offer exclusive mode. The only renderer which offers you to right click in exclusive mode is madVR. So it's clear that the other renderers don't suffer from the same problem, because they don't offer what you want to do with madVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixxl View Post
I know a lot of changes have been made in mpc-hc where fullscreen custom frequency playback is concerned so i'm not sure where to post about this tbh.
So you're using the MPC-HC refresh rate changer? Does the problem go away if you use the madVR refresh rate changer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
Bug: minimizing video to 0x0 size in KMPlayer via tilda ` button crashes the player if madVR is used (works fine with all others)
Why would anyone reduce video to 0x0 size?? Anyway, this will probably be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozokaydin View Post
I used CoreAvc+Lav Filters+Madvr.

Is it better to use Madvr scaling (Chroma upcaling Softcubic 100, Luma up-down spline 4 taps) with 720p or scale with Avisynth and use Avisynth LSFMod for better quality as described in http://www.homecinema-hd.com/avisynt...ws-315_en.html

I have 1080p 60 hertz fixed LG plasma and nvidia gtx 590. I am searching maximum quality for 720p Tv show playback.
If your CPU is fast enough to scale and run LSFMod in real time then you'll probably get a sharper image that way. In the end try both and let your eyes be the judge.

Quote:
Bug №2: when a video with madVR is open ctrl+R hotkey in browsers (google chrome) doesn't work.
Should be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordX2 View Post
I just reformatted my HTPC so I decided to finally upgrade MadVR as well.

I have been running 0.34 since it came out - with NO issues (many people didn't like .34 - but it has worked great for me).

So I got the basics: FFDSHOW latest/MPC-HC latest - and madvr .80.

Not only did I experience the 'lipsync' issue I saw others discussing - I also get a hiccup during playback - the one file I have been using to test this on is Planet Earth Episode 1.

There is no artifacting or tearing - it just looks like what you would experience if your hardware were not up to the job.

This bothered me - so I did some trial and error. EVR and EVR Custom both did the same thing. EVR Sync worked perfectly.

I installed madvr .73 and .79 - both still had the issue.

I installed my old .34 - no problems!

I looked through the changelog for a version a little newer than 0.34 that had subtitles - I settled on 0.50.

0.50 worked too - no hiccups.
Could you please try to find out which exact version broke things for you? Of course you can continue to use an old version, but you'll miss out on all the new features and improvements that I already implemented and will implement in future versions. So it might make more sense to try to find the cause of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaagil View Post
Is there any reason I should use Fullscreen Exclusive mode with my Desktop?
If exclusive mode doesn't work better for you than windowed mode then there's no need to use exclusive mode.

Quote:
And is there "best" settings to MPC-HC?
I'd suggest disabling all internal source and decoder filters.

Quote:
I've been using the libavs that come with madvr to decode 10bit files, no problems whatsoever, and haven't had any problems with the windowed mode either, I guess it is normal to get few dropped frames when you go from window -> fullscreen (in windowed mode) and when you Jump Forward / Backward ? Thanks.
Yes, that's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
I've recently switched to madVR+LAV CUVID from EVR CP+Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder.

What I've noticed is deinterlacing is no longer working with madVR+LAV CUVID. But I've checked to make sure the deinterlacing checkbox is ticked in the madVR config (which is already on by default). Use ITVC in nVidia control panel's deinterlacing box has also been checked. With LAV CUVID, I've tried setting all the deinterlace settings as well from weave to bob to adaptive. Nothing worked.
That sounds weird. Try disabling deinterlacing in LAV CUVID, then when playing the video with madVR, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D to check whether deinterlacing is turned on. If not, press the key combo again to turn it on. Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimaflarex View Post
I believe I have found a bug.
Switching to the "old path" exclusive mode(as in, not only disabling present several frames in advance, but actually setting the media player to full screen mode) limits the number of backbuffers to 3, in both windowed and exclusive mode.
In which way does the limitation show exactly? The settings dialog seems to allow up to 8 just fine, as far as I can see.

Quote:
btw, I switched to madvr + ffdshow and in ctrl+j it says i'm correctly playing hi10p videos with 10bit and P010 color output, is that really so? Do I need LAV anyway or all is fine?
I guess it's really so, but I don't know for sure. That's more a question you should ask in the ffdshow thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remicade View Post
The problem is in 1366*768 I have Video Levels and in 1920*1080 I have PC levels. The black become gray. Why ? Only I change resolution and refresh rate.
Do you have an ATI or NVidia GPU? With NVidia GPUs you get PC levels for custom and PC modes, and you get video levels for SD/HD modes. The solution is to create custom resolutions for all modes you need, then you get PC levels everywhere (you can still switch to video levels in madVR, if you need that).

Quote:
I don't know if the new mode is meant to be "universally better"
The new mode was meant to be universally (much) better than the old one, and I think for most ATI users that's true. The problem is that NVidia drivers are flawed. They don't like the new mode much, especially if the movie framerate is lower than the display refresh rate (e.g. 25p movie content on 50Hz display).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
With the new mode I don't even dare to watch videos with very high bitrate, it's not an option.
Bitrate should have nothing to do with which exclusive mode you're using.

Quote:
Well I can confirm that the old fullscreen exclusive mode does have a lip sync issue (at least in JRiver) for me so make sure you don't have this problem as well. It is only slightly off but still annoying. I actually fixed it by adding a small delay in LAV audio but struggled to find the right value (about 50ms).

Windowed mode or the new full screen mode don't have this problem at all.

I can't recall when it started happening though... Switching to JRiver? updating nVidia drivers? updating madVR/LAV?...
There should be no lipsync differences between the 3 modes. Not sure why that happens to you.

Quote:
I press Ctrl+J to get rendering info and, here comes what baffles me out; display refresh = 23.97315 (sometimes 23.97310-2397320) and 1 frame repeated every = ... here starting with hours, then go to days, back to hours, days again...etc. How is that posible?? if you do the math -> 1/(23.976-23.97320)*60 ---> it should be 1 frame dropped about every 6min aprox!!
The refresh rate information should be pretty exact. The estimation about how many frames will be dropped/repeated per minute/hour/day is nothing but an estimate for your information and takes audio clock deviation into account. Since audio clock deviation is very hard to measure (the audio clock jitters like crazy) this estimate can't always be fully trusted. What really counts is that the actual "dropped frames" stay low.

Quote:
Also, after 40min of playback, the dropped/delayed frames shown yet are 0 both. How the hell is this possible if refresh rate is 23.97320Hz at madVR statistics?
Probably you're lucky and your audio hardware clock deviates just in the same way from the ideal timing as your video hardware clock does.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:30   #12020  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

I should have replied to all posts (needing a reply) since v0.80 release now. If I missed your post, let me know.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling