Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 10th February 2020, 00:38   #18341  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEverlasting View Post
So I've done more testing today and the hangings seem to be cause by the servers going to sleep. I've noticed this because as soon as there's no more chunks to encode, the chunkless servers are being put to sleep, causing the hang in EncodingClient. If none of them go to sleep (of the 10 servers) then everything works fine. Is there something in rip bot putting servers to sleep? I know 100% all servers are set to not sleep in windows settings.
Yes there is....there are 4 little "tab's" for each server in the Encoding Client...check them out !!
Old 10th February 2020, 01:49   #18342  |  Link
ImEverlasting

I don't see four "tabs", but I see four buttons... I understand what the two on the left do, (connect and auto-reconnect) but have no clue what the other two do. There's no tool-tip or documentation on what they do. I don't like to randomly click buttons that don't say what they do

edit: I'm assuming the yellow one is to put the server to sleep, and the red one is to shutdown the server, but I have neither button highlighted on any of the servers, yet they still go to sleep.

Last edited by ImEverlasting; 10th February 2020 at 01:55.
ImEverlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 02:45   #18343  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I don't see four "tabs", but I see four buttons... I understand what the two on the left do, (connect and auto-reconnect) but have no clue what the other two do. There's no tool-tip or documentation on what they do. I don't like to randomly click buttons that don't say what they do

edit: I'm assuming the yellow one is to put the server to sleep, and the red one is to shutdown the server, but I have neither button highlighted on any of the servers, yet they still go to sleep.
Yeah, sorry, I should have said "button's"...but you've sussed it out, and that's what they do, so I would think that if they are still going to sleep, then it must be that particular pc that needs to be adjusted...as that is the only place within RB that can do that AFAIK.

TBH, I don't really see too much point in the Yellow button, and the Red one, activates after the chunk it is working on, completes, so if you have ONLY 1 server for that chunk / IP, then that WILL shutdown that server.
Old 10th February 2020, 05:46   #18344  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:

If you've already re-added jobs after the update (sometimes that is an issue with updates) and checked in the Settings > Distributed Encoding > 'Shutdown Method' & 'Suspend Jobless Server' with 'No Action' and 'Off' (respectively) then you should be good.
And, Hi by the way
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 07:00   #18345  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
If you've already re-added jobs after the update (sometimes that is an issue with updates) and checked in the Settings > Distributed Encoding > 'Shutdown Method' & 'Suspend Jobless Server' with 'No Action' and 'Off' (respectively) then you should be good.
And, Hi by the way
Hey byteshare, that's almost what I said....don't those "button's" control those settings ??

I was going to mention if he had some old jobs in the queue from before the update, but then when I read that his servers were going to sleep, I deleted that post.
Old 10th February 2020, 15:12   #18346  |  Link
duffbeer

My new PC is up and running and is much quicker to encode x265. The GPU decoding seems to give a decent improvement too - thanks for all the hard work that has gone into RipBot recently.

One question - I see there is an option to skip the demuxing process. Can someone explain what this does? Why would I want to skip demuxing?
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 15:22   #18347  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Skips demuxing of audio and subtitle streams.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 16:13   #18348  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Hey byteshare, that's almost what I said....don't those "button's" control those settings ??

I was going to mention if he had some old jobs in the queue from before the update, but then when I read that his servers were going to sleep, I deleted that post.
From their post and your post I wasn't 100% that you both weren't talking about the Encoding Client screen or Encoding Server and not the settings screen.
Old 10th February 2020, 16:14   #18349  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbeer View Post
I see there is an option to skip the demuxing process. Can someone explain what this does? Why would I want to skip demuxing?
As stated: "Skips demuxing of audio and subtitle streams."
I use it because I mux in the subs manually (with a batch file) and process audio externally and mux it back in as well (with a batch file).
Old 10th February 2020, 16:53   #18350  |  Link
duffbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Skips demuxing of audio and subtitle streams.
Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question.
Does that mean that I can't remux an audio stream at all or does it demux the source at the end before muxing the final MKV file?
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 01:56   #18351  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Another autoupdate...

Core 2020.02.09
Old 11th February 2020, 16:52   #18352  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbeer View Post
Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question.
Does that mean that I can't remux an audio stream at all or does it demux the source at the end before muxing the final MKV file?
RipBot won't process the subtitles or audio of a file, so you only deal with the video. Speeds up adding jobs for sure but you'll have to deal with the subtitles and or audio with another program. To answer your question directly, You will not be able to remux an audio stream at all with that feature on.
I use it because I mux in the subs manually (with a batch file) and process audio externally and mux it back in as well (with a batch file).
Old 12th February 2020, 00:31   #18353  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
RipBot won't process the subtitles or audio of a file, so you only deal with the video. Speeds up adding jobs for sure but you'll have to deal with the subtitles and or audio with another program. To answer your question directly, You will not be able to remux an audio stream at all with that feature on.
I might try that, then....but I will use MKVToolNix to mux it all back together.
Old 12th February 2020, 09:55   #18354  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
I might try that, then....but I will use MKVToolNix to mux it all back together.
I use MKVToolNix as well for the muxing, but I do it with a batch file and with the option "Run command script after finished job" It all happens for me. The only part not automated is processing the audio. You can 1:1 rip-mux the subs from the source.
Old 12th February 2020, 10:06   #18355  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I use MKVToolNix as well for the muxing, but I do it with a batch file and with the option "Run command script after finished job" It all happens for me. The only part not automated is processing the audio. You can 1:1 rip-mux the subs from the source.
I'll stick with using the GUI, as I'm no good with batch files...
Old 14th February 2020, 17:06   #18356  |  Link
userx

File name bug

When I select an output filename e.g. file.mkv in the 'save file as' dialog the created filename is file.mkv.mkv.
I noticed this bug after i had to rename and re-edit titels of some files manually.

Please add a check if file extension already exist in dialogs result string before add it automatically.
Thank you.
userx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 09:47   #18357  |  Link
tkwou

Hi Atak, my distributed encoding has suddenly stopped working. It was working fine 2 days ago. I'm on 1.25.1. Encoding client starts and connects with all the servers but no processing starts. All Encoding Servers report the same errors: y4m (error) bad sequence header magic and x264 (error) could not open input file.
tkwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2020, 01:29   #18358  |  Link
tkwou

Well I re-installed the latest Ripbot264 in all the servers to make sure everyone on the same installation. Rebooted and DE is back up again. It was strange to see that Encoding Server was giving me an error even in the host computer.
tkwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 05:39   #18359  |  Link
therealjoeblow

Hi,

I have some 4k videos that I previously encoded to 3840x1920 (2.00 AR with no borders).

I am reencoding them to 1280x640 for more portability to take on trips on my tablet.

I am able to do that one at a time by selecting "Custom Resize" and use x,xx:1 in the Avisynth tab, enter my preferred width and height directly, and it resizes and encodes them correctly witout adding borders which is exactly what I want. No issue there.

But if I try to expedite things by using the Batch feature, it doesn't give me that option, the only custom option for resize seems to be "Custom Auto Height", which first of all guesses incorrectly at the height for some reason and sets it to 692 instead of 640, which stretches the video, and the resulting encode also adds black bars to pad it out to 1280x720. Neither of these are what I want.

Am I missing something in the Batch encode settings, or can I customize the resize selection so I can directly enter 1280x640 and have it NOT add the black bars?

Either way I can get the result I need but it would be way more efficient if I could enter the correct settings once in the Batch interface and not have to do this one by one 10 times...
Old 21st February 2020, 13:46   #18360  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
Hi,

I have some 4k videos that I previously encoded to 3840x1920 (2.00 AR with no borders).

I am reencoding them to 1280x640 for more portability to take on trips on my tablet.

I am able to do that one at a time by selecting "Custom Resize" and use x,xx:1 in the Avisynth tab, enter my preferred width and height directly, and it resizes and encodes them correctly witout adding borders which is exactly what I want. No issue there.

But if I try to expedite things by using the Batch feature, it doesn't give me that option, the only custom option for resize seems to be "Custom Auto Height", which first of all guesses incorrectly at the height for some reason and sets it to 692 instead of 640, which stretches the video, and the resulting encode also adds black bars to pad it out to 1280x720. Neither of these are what I want.

Am I missing something in the Batch encode settings, or can I customize the resize selection so I can directly enter 1280x640 and have it NOT add the black bars?

Either way I can get the result I need but it would be way more efficient if I could enter the correct settings once in the Batch interface and not have to do this one by one 10 times...
Atak has the default to add padding. I too have to go through several steps. I've been asking for Atak to add an option to add padding when resizing instead of forcing the padding option. I'm having to first select the 1280x720 (which would add padding), then select Custom to have it remove the padding.

Atak, can you change the default to remove padding when selecting a size. I'm making small versions of 4K to 1080p and HD to 720p. It would be nice just to select HD-Full or HD-Ready and have it scale the width and height appropriately to fit within those dimensions while keeping the aspect correct.

I think it's actually fairly rare that anyone would actually want the padding added.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360