Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2007, 23:50   #1001  |  Link
zunefun

what dose this mean? Extraction in progress on "Indiv01.key" 11.0.6000.6324 -- Please wait.
Phase 0 : Blocks: 1340 Large 0 Small, Errors: 0,0 Candidates: 6,3,2
Failure - Unable to identify RC4 and AES internal keys.
Extraction in progress on "Indiv01.key" 11.0.6000.6324 -- Please wait.
Phase 0 : Blocks: 1340 Large 0 Small, Errors: 0,0 Candidates: 6,3,2
Old 21st March 2007, 03:44   #1002  |  Link
omjeremy

Dude, read post 995. I don't mean to be rude, but... c'mon. This problem has been brought up countless time in the thread.
Old 21st March 2007, 14:20   #1003  |  Link
zunefun

i am not that good with these kinda of things...so if you dont mind me asking i need help...just i dont know what i am reading i honestly just need this spoon fed to me..in a way..but i just really want to know what i means from my take on this whole thing is that it ment i have to wait for an update? call me slow if you want i just want to strip this music and be done with the whole deal
Old 21st March 2007, 14:23   #1004  |  Link
zunefun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
Sorry but this means your iPod won't be seeing any songs any time soon because your Individualized Black Box DLL (IndivBox.key, the file that does all the DRM "donkey work") has been automatically updated by your music service to a version that's newer than FairUse4WM 1.3 can handle.

Just to sum up:
"IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet."
means
"IT WILL NOT WORK".

Some people have been able to "roll back" their Windows Media Player installations, with varied results, but any rollback procedure will destroy any existing licenses for downloaded music that you may have, so your music provider would have to allow redownloads.
OOOO...SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? JUST WAIT?
Old 21st March 2007, 14:52   #1005  |  Link
WalterK

Zunefun you COULD try a virtual machine with either vmware or microsofts virtual pc.
Install windows XP (assuming you have your XP install/upgrade disc) on it and run the beta version of wmp 11 if your purchase requires it , if not stick with wmp 10 and remove drm from in the virtual pc and simply transfer the drm free files to your vista music folder.
Until there is an update to FairUse to combat the new IBX this is the way I recommend if you updated wmp or are in vista.

Edit
And remember wmp11 does not allow license backups, ms says its the responsibility of the content provider and not them to ensure that
Old 21st March 2007, 15:17   #1006  |  Link
zunefun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
Zunefun you COULD try a virtual machine with either vmware or microsofts virtual pc.
Install windows XP (assuming you have your XP install/upgrade disc) on it and run the beta version of wmp 11 if your purchase requires it , if not stick with wmp 10 and remove drm from in the virtual pc and simply transfer the drm free files to your vista music folder.
Until there is an update to FairUse to combat the new IBX this is the way I recommend if you updated wmp or are in vista.

Edit
And remember wmp11 does not allow license backups, ms says its the responsibility of the content provider and not them to ensure that
lamonds terms please..
Old 21st March 2007, 16:43   #1007  |  Link
zunefun

so i was told all i need to do was just switch over to wmp nine?
Old 21st March 2007, 19:15   #1008  |  Link
zunefun

so i was advised that i should un install windows media player 11 then go to windows media player nine..so anyone know where i could pick up nine at?
Old 21st March 2007, 19:20   #1009  |  Link
omjeremy

zunefun, follow the directions here: http://www.xarus.net/index.php?act=f...e=instructions
Old 21st March 2007, 19:32   #1010  |  Link
zunefun

thanks...!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad props...ill try it when i get home from work!
Old 21st March 2007, 22:18   #1011  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunefun View Post
OOOO...SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? JUST WAIT?
This is uncalled for. Read and observe the rules please - especially rule 2 on how to behave and rule 12 on bumping (which you continue to do).

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:46   #1012  |  Link
mayan6174

Some download mirror

WMP 11 Beta2
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...687d39bd7c2df5

FairUse4WM 1.3 Fix
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3073a3a6216d2b

Expire 2weeks

Thank you
Old 23rd March 2007, 00:33   #1013  |  Link
NHS

Hi

I am trying to extract keys using FairUse4WM 1.3fix - when i try to extract the keys, i get the following message:

Extraction in progress on "Indiv03.key" 11.0.6000.6324 -- Please wait.
Phase 0 : Blocks: 1341 Large 0 Small, Errors: 0,0 Candidates: 4,3,2

I have tried rolling the installation back to v10 but that didnt work, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 23rd March 2007, 06:19   #1014  |  Link
WalterK

IBX 11.0.6000.6324 is not supported so it will not work.

To get back to a version that will work requires a clean install of windows media player.
Either by following the method posted by omjeremy above or moving your music to a virtual install of windows with an earlier version of wmp and trying to remove the drm that way.
Note in the virtual pc or on your real one if you use omjeremy's method.
NEVER UPGRADE wmp.
If your licenses call for an upgrade to wmp 11 use beta 2 or beta 3 of it.
Old 23rd March 2007, 09:50   #1015  |  Link
NHS

Thanks for the reply.

My laptop was initially running WMP11 (latest version) - i have downgraded to WMP10 but still get the message "IBX 11.0.6000.6324 is not supported".

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Old 23rd March 2007, 11:43   #1016  |  Link
Oneill5491

Can you stop WMP from asking to upgrade?

I don't know if there was a post about this earlier, but is there a way to stop WMP from asking you if you would like to install the available update (from beta 2 to final)? It keeps frickin asking me like every 30 minutes and one of these days I'm going to accidently click "yes".
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:19   #1017  |  Link
WalterK

NHS you have to delete the folder called DRM in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\ (enable show hidden files and folders in windows explorer) if its a downgrade.
and reverify the Indiv Key.
http://services.wmdrm.windowsmedia.com/indivSite

Note doing this REMOVES all your licenses so you WILL have to do the whole username/password thing again for all your drm media.

Which is why the virtual machine method is better, encase it doesn't take you will still have your drm licenses on your real pc.

Oneill5491 you will have to be vigilante there is supposed to be a setting to disable update notification in wmp11 beta .
Maybe i am wrong about that.
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:47   #1018  |  Link
NHS

WalterK

Thanks for your reply.

When i enable hidden folders, there is no DRM folder when I navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.

I can go straight to the directory by putting C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\ into to address bar, but when I do this, nothing is in the DRM folder.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:11   #1019  |  Link
WalterK

Its been a while since i had to remove windows drm.
After i got the drm off my files i ditched and have never again bought windows crippled drm files in any form.

If in XP and your drm folder is not there in C:\Documents and Settings\
Make sure show hidden folders is enabled (i know you already said it is but never hurts to check again) In Windows Explorer (you won't find this option in Internet Explorer two different programs) go to Tools->Folder Options.
Then Select The "View" Tab look for the heading Hidden Files and Folders and make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked click Apply next look and see if "hide extension for known file types" and "hide protectecd operating system files" is unchecked if they are not uncheck them then hit Apply again, then Ok. Leave there and look in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" again, if its still not there head over to the Control Panel.

Go to add remove programs make sure "Show Updates" is checked and look for anything ANYTHING related to windows media player 11 and uninstall specifically you are looking for is "windows media player runtime" to remove but it doesn't hurt to remove anything else (somewhere in this thread is a listing of "safe" security updates for wmp aka updates that don't cause you to lose drm removal)
Restart/reboot after the uninstall look once more "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
If you still see nothing, try to launch wmp depending on what type of upgrade you did for wmp it might revert back to version 9 or 10 or give you an error about missing this file or that file and needs to be reinstalled.
At this point you have 3 choices you can.
1) Revert to wmp 9 using your XP install disc by adding it via add/remove programs and use the Indiv site to get the wmp Indiv Key.
2) Install ms version of wmp 10 that you can download from the ms wmp site, again after installing using the Indiv site to get the Indiv key.
2) Or install wmp 11 beta 2 from some links given in here and once again visiting the Indiv site to get a previous version of the Indiv key that works with Fair use.

Now of all the choices choice 3 is the safest bet cause if you use 9 or 10 the site in question might require an upate to version 11 and they will use wmp 11 final and then you are right back where you started.
Once they see you are using wmp 11 most sites won't try to get you to update, what you might get is ms telling you to update from beta to final with the little popup boxes of theirs in wmp.

Hope this helps if after all this it STILL doesn't work.
Find yourself a copy of Nlite (google search) make a slip stream install of XP from your XP install disc (Make it small with windows media player 10 or 11 beta 2 added instead of the default wmp 09, Nlite has info on how to incorporate software and software updates into the custom install disc) Get yourself a copy of virtual pc or vmware server (google search and both are free) give yourself some free space on your harddrive (3 to 5 gbs) and create a virtual machine and drm remove from there.
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:54   #1020  |  Link
NHS

WalterK, thanks for the reply. Once i can see the DRM folder, should i delete the folder or just a file inside?
Closed Thread