Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2008, 22:13   #861  |  Link
Diodato

Hi Donald,

First of all thank you for your work.
If I can bias your decision about A/V synch I would greatly appreciate PTS based. From my experience DVB-S2 transmissions have a hefty audio delay respect to video. The sample stream indicated has almost a 3000ms audio "delay". Yes, I know, I can always adjust it afterwards, but would be nice to have a PTS based option
How do you handle corrupt streams? Skip to the nearest IDR or RPS? And the audio in that case?

Greetz

http://rapidshare.com/files/92970704/mad1.ts.html
Old 18th February 2008, 22:34   #862  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodato View Post
I would greatly appreciate PTS based. From my experience DVB-S2 transmissions have a hefty audio delay respect to video. The sample stream indicated has almost a 3000ms audio "delay".
Yes, I agree that assuming the audio and video are aligned in the stream is not correct. So, at a minimum I will still display the offset. My current debate with myself is whether to leave it at that or try to create "zero-delay" demuxed streams.

Quote:
How do you handle corrupt streams?
I don't. I think fixing those should be for a preprocessing tool.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:56   #863  |  Link
Renzz

Hi Neuron2 - thanks for this great bit of software. It certainly makes life easier.

However, I'm having a problem demuxing the AC3 track out of a BBC-HD TS *after* it has been edited using H264TS_Cutter (http://www.h264tscutter.de/). Ok, it's obviously something this software is doing to the stream, but it seems to play ok after in MPC, and TSRemux can recognise and demux it so I'm not sure. Basically, DGAVCIndex doesn't seem to detect the AC3 track and doesn't demux it. It does work fine on the unedited TS file.

What happens is that I only get the MPEG track demuxed, not the AC3 one.

I've put a small sample of the cut TS at http://www.mediafire.com/?9mjmqzwfmym

Again, I fully understand if you say that it's H264TS_Cutter that's at fault, and not DGAVCIndex.

Thanks again

Last edited by Renzz; 21st March 2008 at 10:29.
Old 19th February 2008, 15:13   #864  |  Link

As I wrote above:

* An audio stream must be listed in the PAT/PMT for demuxing to work. This limitation will be removed in a future version.
Old 19th February 2008, 22:06   #865  |  Link
ArcticFox

Is there any reason why you cant add more than 1 .ts file so it creates 1 dga file for the 3 clips i have combined?
Old 20th February 2008, 00:20   #866  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
Is there any reason why you cant add more than 1 .ts file
It's not yet implemented. For now, you can join them outside DGAVCIndex, e.g., with DOS copy /b
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:41   #867  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 17

1. libavcodec.dll was updated to the version from ffdshow-tryouts version 1837. This fixes decoding of some streams that previously didn't work.

2. Audio demuxing was redesigned so that streams do not need to be present in the PAT/PMT to be demuxed. A Preview operation will show all detected audio streams in the Info display; they do not have to be selected for demuxing.

3. TFF/BFF reporting for field structure streams was fixed.

4. CLI support for audio demuxing was added (-a).

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:00   #868  |  Link
Renzz

Hi Neuron2 - thanks for this, I can now demux the AC3 audio out of my BBC HD stream where it's not listed in the PAT/PMT.

One minor problem, though - after it's finished, DGAVCIndex seems to retain an exclusive file lock on the AC3 file, preventing anything from opening it. Even closing the TS doesn't release it, so you have to close the prog.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:25   #869  |  Link

That doesn't happen for me. Please tell me the exact steps you go through to make this happen.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:44   #870  |  Link
Renzz

I open the TS (just a single file), then go to Audio/Audio Demux and select only the AC3 track (click 'Set' then 'Done'). I then do Save Project, it gives me a warning about decoding not starting with an IDR picture and I click 'No' to disable further warnings. It then does it's stuff, and finishes. At this point, I can't open the AC3 file - I have Unlocker installed and that confirms the dgavcindex.exe has a lock on. There's no lock on the .dga file.
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:15   #871  |  Link

OK, I found the problem. Will fix for the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:46   #872  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

One cosmetic change in next version : demuxed audio with .mp2 or .mp3 instead of .mpa

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 22nd February 2008 at 19:37.
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:12   #873  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Sony m2ts?

I received some Sony HDCAM footage in m2ts format, and set out to convert with dgavcdec. Little did I know of Sony's evil plan. I found this post by langman10 : "...these are files taken on what I believe is a Sony camera that records to Blu-Ray, which brings Sony's own pseudo-format of transport stream complete with an extra 4 bytes per packet".

So I guess there's little hope of being able to use dgavcdec ..?

DGAVCIndex a17 reports "Found NALU w/ forbidden bit set", then crashes.

EDIT: I am able to view it with Haali Media Splitter -> CoreAVC Decoder in graphedit, but DirectShowSource in Avisynth crashes. Well, there is progress. I will update these to the latest versions.

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 22nd February 2008 at 18:20.
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:01   #874  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_lillevold View Post
So I guess there's little hope of being able to use dgavcdec ..?
There's hope if you provide a test stream.

M2TS is supported in DGAVCDec.

Quote:
DGAVCIndex a17 reports "Found NALU w/ forbidden bit set", then crashes.
That usually happens when the video is not AVC.
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:05   #875  |  Link
karl_lillevold

I will PM the location of my stream. I was told by the camera operator that it is AVC, and with Haali + CoreAVC I was able to view the video in 1440x1080, so chances are high it is AVC

Thanks!

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 22nd February 2008 at 20:14. Reason: typo
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:29   #876  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_lillevold View Post
I will PM the location of my stream.
Hi Karl,

May I have a link to this stream too please? I'd like to add it to my collection.

Many thanks
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:27   #877  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the link..... Here's something you may find of interest!

If you run your sonyhdcamsample.m2ts file thru' TSremux or TSmuxer and re-mux it to .TS (instead of .M2TS). DGAVCDec Alpha 17 is able to open it (after pressing "No" to the warning).

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:31   #878  |  Link

How did you download that so fast? Did you get a smaller sample? If so, I want that, because 700MBytes is a PITA for me.
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:32   #879  |  Link
CruNcher

.m2ts can save some metadata stuff maybe that makes problems here it saves for example shutter speed, focal point and timecode i would wish that dgindex would support this (AVC and Mpeg-2 Version) and display it in the Preview Window would be nice for now i use HDVinfo for Avisynth to get those info (works nice).

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:32   #880  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Yes, I have made a 25 MB sample for your download convenience

EDIT: added link to file, file will automatically disappear after a day or two...

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 22nd February 2008 at 21:50.
Closed Thread