Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th January 2008, 16:09   #81  |  Link
tyee

@glen8
I just tried this with Txformrs and it didn't play back on my Pc properly but that might be due to it being an old P4. SMPlayer seemed to try and play it back but in slomo. The aspect ratio did look correct but could not be displayed for the file properties.

MPC plays back a really strange video - 112x3840 is the playback resolution! Tall and narrow! Weird!

I'm going to try splitting this final .m2ts I made and then try it on the USB HDD into the PS3. Please try it yourself and make sure you select to change the fps to "24/1001" in the selection when you go to mux your audio and video. Let us know if it works for you.
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 16:11   #82  |  Link
Joniii

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonta View Post
This can be fixed with DelayCut v1.3.
Once the file is processed by DelayCut, tsMuxeR will accept it.

People say this is caused by surcode v1.0.21 and v1.0.23/v1.0.29 don't have this problem.
Thx, v1.0.21 is exactly what i used .
Joniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 16:17   #83  |  Link
glen8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
@glen8
I just tried this with Txformrs and it didn't play back on my Pc properly but that might be due to it being an old P4. SMPlayer seemed to try and play it back but in slomo. The aspect ratio did look correct but could not be displayed for the file properties.

MPC plays back a really strange video - 112x3840 is the playback resolution! Tall and narrow! Weird!

I'm going to try splitting this final .m2ts I made and then try it on the USB HDD into the PS3. Please try it yourself and make sure you select to change the fps to "24/1001" in the selection when you go to mux your audio and video. Let us know if it works for you.
ok, I'll try it when I get home after work

I have tried many things to get HD-DVD over to Blu-Ray and nearly succeeded lastnight. I can get the video changed to 23.976 no probs but the audio is always out by 5secs. I tried adding a delay -5000 which makes no difference. It's weird!!

I already have transformers on blu-ray so I know it's possible

I shall try this new tool tonight

Last edited by glen8; 28th January 2008 at 16:20.
glen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 16:27   #84  |  Link
puppydg68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1b View Post
Hi,

@puppydg68

How do you stream your .ts with tversity? For some reason, since I reinstalled my PC and installed the latest tversity, all my .ts (I'm sure they were working before) reported "Data Corrupted" on my PS3. The only way I found to make something work was to mux them in m2ts and rename them to .mpg

bb1b
Most of my older .TS play without audio.. However 80% of the muxes from TSmuxer play fine with audio.. I did find 2 mkv's converted and one BD convertered required me to output as .m2ts (renamed to.m2ts.ts) to play on ps3. PS3 is a little picky. I still have yet to get a 1080p source muxed for play on PS3 unless it came from an official Blu-ray AVC file. I'm encoding something from VC1-x264 now, will try in a few hours.
puppydg68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 17:19   #85  |  Link
tyee

@glen8
Just tried it before work and it worked great! It looked like the audio was in perfect sync but I could only play a few minutes. I will try all the segments tonight. Because of the fat32 limitation for the external USB HDD we have to cut each segment to not more than 4GB. I will also try re-encoding to x.264 to get the movie smaller in size, hopefully tonight.

Now the question becomes can tsmuxer do the same for a VC1 movie?? I don't believe that the PS3 can playback a VC1 movie from the XMB (cross media bar). Luckily Txformrs was AVC/x.264 and it worked. Can anyone else shed light on whether a VC1 movie will work from XMB or is it just from a disc??
Old 28th January 2008, 17:24   #86  |  Link
musicman2311

great tool - I have successfully converted an AVC stream from HDDVD to bluray (with Tsremux help) and converted audio to ac3. It plays fine on PS3 when i do as is.

further observations - video is flagged at 29.97fps - when i select 23.97 as frame rate, it stutters, no longer smooth

wish for future versions: blu ray option (like tsremux)
with setting of time stamps and correct signalling of multiple audio streams ; possibility to set language code to be included in playlist
musicman2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 17:56   #87  |  Link
glen8

musicman,

Can you please detail all the steps you took to convert your HD-DVD AVC to Bly-Ray please.

I have Top Gun sat at home so I can try that tonight.

I have already demuxed the AVC H.264 stream and eac3to the DD+ to AC3

I will report back my findings.

Thanks.
Old 28th January 2008, 18:27   #88  |  Link
lance79

Well i tried a wmv yesterday that was 1920 x 800
i extracted the vc1 stream and muxed to m2ts with tsmuxer.
After muxing to blu-ray with tsremux video plays on ps3 but with big green bar on bottem... so its not working
I havent tried x264 with tsmuxer yet, but from earlyer experience with other tools its the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
1280x544 m2ts in blu-ray structure (or without) play fine on PS3
lance79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:09   #89  |  Link
musicman2311

hi again, unfortunately I noticed that even with unchanged settings, i.e. kept the 29.97 fps, playback was still not smooth. I will do it again to exclude errors on my part.

What I did:

1. add feature 1.evo
2. append feature 2.evo
3. remove any audio tracks shown
4. add ac3 elementary stream file
(converted earlier with eac3to)
5. run tsmuxer with .m2ts output
6. run result through tsremux 0019 with blu ray output (folders)
7. burn on BD-RE (for testing)
8. play on PS3

ok?

PS: I noted that latest version (1.2.3) showed less audio streams (one) from evo compared to version 1.2.0 (showed all)
Old 28th January 2008, 19:30   #90  |  Link
Zow

Wow, this is RAPID development:-)

I am holding to my copy of The Lives of Others on Blu-Ray, hoping that Roman will implement subtitles soon, so I can put it on my hard drive as an MKV and put away the disk (I hate dealing with disks:-).
Zow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:49   #91  |  Link
glen8

Thanks musicman

I just tried pretty much the same thing. It works on the PS3 but the audio is well out of sync. Tested on Nero showtime and its out aswell, fps shows as 24fps and video and sound look ok (ie no slowdown)

Tried again with 24000/1001 setting. This time audio and video are in perfect sync, audio is great but video has some very slight slowdown...nero reports as 19fps whereas Elecard converter studio tells me its 23.98fps

It's only very very slight but enough to put you off watching it

If this guy can get HD-DVD > Blu-Ray working I think this will be the tool of 2008!!!!!

:edit: I'm going to try running the video through H.264Info and manually setting the framerate throughout the entire file. Then muxing with this tool. Worth a try I guess

Last edited by glen8; 28th January 2008 at 20:11.
Old 28th January 2008, 20:54   #92  |  Link
glen8

I'VE DONE IT!!!!!

HD-DVD > Blu-Ray

Both running at 23.976 with perfect audio/video sync on the PS3

I'll write a guide up later explaining excatly how I did it
Old 28th January 2008, 21:39   #93  |  Link
musicman2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen8 View Post
I'VE DONE IT!!!!!

HD-DVD > Blu-Ray

Both running at 23.976 with perfect audio/video sync on the PS3

I'll write a guide up later explaining excatly how I did it
now I am lloking forward to see your guide - i have seen exact same as you describe above (that is what i meant by stuttering), had the same audio delay.
please also state which version of h264info you used and what movie. I had problems with h264info and recent movies on hddvd
Old 28th January 2008, 21:40   #94  |  Link
glen8

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134227

guide done, pics to follow
Old 28th January 2008, 21:43   #95  |  Link
The1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen8 View Post
Thank you

The1n
The1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 22:08   #96  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
After muxing to blu-ray with tsremux video plays on ps3 but with big green bar on bottem... so its not working
If your stream is AVC you won't see it. Tested many times!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 23:58   #97  |  Link
tyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
If your stream is AVC you won't see it. Tested many times!
Does that mean VC1 is not possible?
Old 29th January 2008, 00:17   #98  |  Link
puppydg68

Thanks again for a great apps, just wanted to mention a bug i found.

I remuxed 2 Blu-rays since they only had DTS or True Dolby tracks an no PS3 compatible AC3 tracks. I re-did the audio with eac3to, then I added the original /Stream/000xx.M2TS from the BD into TSmuxer, and then added the new .AC3 muxed them together as m2ts and everything looked good.

However on both videos, I noticed about 12-20 visible video glitches throughout the movie. I suspected it may have something to do with the straight use of the .M2TS.. Witht the same movies, I then used xport to demux the H264 AVC file seperately, then I muxed the AVC+the recoded AC3 together with Tsmuxer, and watched the same movies, and they did not display any video glitches. Perhaps this is a bug, just wanted to report my findings.

Since I used the same method on both BDs.

I'm also having trouble creating a 1080 AVC file to mux and playback on PS3, can anyone point me to a guide for converting a VC1 to H264 (playable on ps3). I used to convert a VC1 HD-DVD to Mpeg2 with no problems using Henc, however since the birth of Tsmuxer, I figure I'll increase quality and save space by instead encoding to AVC/X264

Thanks for all of the help.

ps. for the above poster. VC1 remuxed into a .TS container does not work for ps3. VC1 is only playable in a WMV and it's very picky, from what i have seen, no-one has successfully remuxed a VC1 HD-DVD into WMV without a complete re-compression for PS3 play.
puppydg68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 01:18   #99  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

only issue i have is the 4.1 lvl conversion is not working correctly.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 01:36   #100  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I'm also having trouble creating a 1080 AVC file to mux and playback on PS3, can anyone point me to a guide for converting a VC1 to H264 (playable on ps3). I used to convert a VC1 HD-DVD to Mpeg2 with no problems using Henc, however since the birth of Tsmuxer, I figure I'll increase quality and save space by instead encoding to AVC/X264
try with ripbot264
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer