Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th June 2010, 14:31   #11  |  Link
moviefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
If your goal is to output a compliant Blu-ray Disc structure, which from what I've read is the only reason to use open-gop, then you shouldn't be muxing to MKV. AFAIK, once you mux the raw 264 stream generated by x264 to MKV you lose NAL-HRD. If you use the MKV file to generate the Blu-ray Disc structure then txMuxeR assumes VBV values to generate NAL-HRD if no information exists.
I thought open-gop gives more efficiency (probably only slightly) so that file sizes decrease. I do not intend to encode Blu-ray compliant streams.

I ran my file (encoded with the latest rev of x264 with open-gop and muxed with mkvmerge) through mkvalidator and it returns a huge amount of messages like: "ERR0B1: Block at -1234567890 track #4 is not a keyframe". Does this have to do with open-gop and does it help to fix the issue?