Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 7th August 2023, 12:29   #241  |  Link
kedautinh12

Pinterf was fixed bug from AVSTP
https://github.com/pinterf/AVSTP/releases
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2023, 17:21   #242  |  Link
DTL

Yes - so it is usable with AVS+ again. But now it only can run with a 2.7.45 build because I did not test it during the years of development of my version and it looks like several crash-bugs with internal MT using AVSTP was accumulated.

Some test script with 5x overlap with hardware ME (and vsttempsmooth pmode=1 as median-like 'best' sample value select engine at the end):
Code:
# Input plugins
LoadPlugin("ffms2.dll")
LoadPlugin("mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("vsTTempSmooth.dll")

SetMemoryMax(10000)

my_thSADA_a=1.1
my_thSADA_b=60

my_thSAD=250
my_thSAD2=Int(Float(my_thSAD) * 0.8)

my_thSAD_mg=150
my_thSAD2_mg=Int(Float(my_thSAD_mg) * 0.8)

my_thSCD=my_thSAD+200

my_thCohMV=4 

my_refine_tr=12

my_MT=false

FFmpegSource2("src.mp4")

AddBorders(16,16,16,16)

super_hwa_center=MSuper(last, mt=my_MT, chroma=true, pel=4, hpad=8, vpad=8, levels=1, pelrefine=false)

src=last
shift_val=4

src_up=Crop(0,shift_val,src.width-0,src.height-shift_val).AddBorders(0,0,0,shift_val)
src_down=Crop(0,0,src.width-0,src.height-shift_val).AddBorders(0,shift_val,0,0)
src_left=Crop(shift_val,0,src.width-shift_val,src.height-0).AddBorders(0,0,shift_val,0)
src_right=Crop(0,0,src.width-shift_val,src.height-0).AddBorders(shift_val,0,0,0)

super_hwa_up=MSuper(src_up, mt=my_MT, chroma=true, pel=4, hpad=8, vpad=8, levels=1, pelrefine=false)
super_hwa_down=MSuper(src_down, mt=my_MT, chroma=true, pel=4, hpad=8, vpad=8, levels=1, pelrefine=false)
super_hwa_left=MSuper(src_left, mt=my_MT, chroma=true, pel=4, hpad=8, vpad=8, levels=1, pelrefine=false)
super_hwa_right=MSuper(src_right, mt=my_MT, chroma=true, pel=4, hpad=8, vpad=8, levels=1, pelrefine=false)

mv_hwa_center=MAnalyse(super_hwa_center, multi=true, delta=my_init_tr, chroma=true, mt=false, optSearchOption=5, levels=1)
mv_hwa_up=MAnalyse(super_hwa_up, multi=true, delta=my_init_tr, chroma=true, mt=false, optSearchOption=5, levels=1)
mv_hwa_down=MAnalyse(super_hwa_down, multi=true, delta=my_init_tr, chroma=true, mt=false, optSearchOption=5, levels=1)
mv_hwa_left=MAnalyse(super_hwa_left, multi=true, delta=my_init_tr, chroma=true, mt=false, optSearchOption=5, levels=1)
mv_hwa_right=MAnalyse(super_hwa_right, multi=true, delta=my_init_tr, chroma=true, mt=false, optSearchOption=5, levels=1)

dg_center=MDegrainN(src, super_hwa_center, mv_hwa_center, my_refine_tr, thSAD=my_thSAD_mg, thSAD2=my_thSAD2_mg, thSADA_a=my_thSADA_a, thSADA_b=my_thSADA_b, mt=my_MT, wpow=4, UseSubShift=1, thSCD1=my_thSCD, adjSADzeromv=0.7, \
adjSADcohmv=0.7, thCohMV=my_thCohMV, MVLPFGauss=0.9, thMVLPFCorr=50, adjSADLPFedmv=0.9, IntOvlp=3)

dg_up=MDegrainN(src_up, super_hwa_up, mv_hwa_up, my_refine_tr, thSAD=my_thSAD_mg, thSAD2=my_thSAD2_mg, thSADA_a=my_thSADA_a, thSADA_b=my_thSADA_b, mt=my_MT, wpow=4, UseSubShift=1, thSCD1=my_thSCD, adjSADzeromv=0.7, \
adjSADcohmv=0.7, thCohMV=my_thCohMV, MVLPFGauss=0.9, thMVLPFCorr=50, adjSADLPFedmv=0.9, IntOvlp=3)

dg_down=MDegrainN(src_down, super_hwa_down, mv_hwa_down, my_refine_tr, thSAD=my_thSAD_mg, thSAD2=my_thSAD2_mg, thSADA_a=my_thSADA_a, thSADA_b=my_thSADA_b, mt=my_MT, wpow=4, UseSubShift=1, thSCD1=my_thSCD, adjSADzeromv=0.7, \

dg_left=MDegrainN(src_left, super_hwa_left, mv_hwa_left, my_refine_tr, thSAD=my_thSAD_mg, thSAD2=my_thSAD2_mg, thSADA_a=my_thSADA_a, thSADA_b=my_thSADA_b, mt=my_MT, wpow=4, UseSubShift=1, thSCD1=my_thSCD, adjSADzeromv=0.7, \

dg_right=MDegrainN(src_right, super_hwa_right, mv_hwa_right, my_refine_tr, thSAD=my_thSAD_mg, thSAD2=my_thSAD2_mg, thSADA_a=my_thSADA_a, thSADA_b=my_thSADA_b, mt=my_MT, wpow=4, UseSubShift=1, thSCD1=my_thSCD, adjSADzeromv=0.7, \

#move shifted back
dg_up=Crop(dg_up, 0,0,dg_up.width-0,dg_up.height-shift_val).AddBorders(0,shift_val,0,0)
dg_down=Crop(dg_down, 0,shift_val,dg_down.width-0,dg_down.height-shift_val).AddBorders(0,0,0,shift_val)
dg_left=Crop(dg_left, 0,0,dg_left.width-shift_val,dg_left.height-0).AddBorders(shift_val,0,0,0)
dg_right=Crop(dg_right, shift_val,0,dg_left.width-shift_val,dg_left.height-0).AddBorders(0,0,shift_val,0)

intrl=Interleave(dg_center, dg_up, dg_down, dg_left, dg_right) 
vstt=vsTTempSmooth(intrl, ythresh=200, uthresh=200, vthresh=200, pmode=1, maxr=2)
SelectEvery(vstt, 5,2)

Crop(16,16,width-32, height-32)

Prefetch(..)
Using 5x 'overlapped' processing fixes some small search errors and gives lower overall noise level. In comparison with the 'center' output clip. But still have some general search errors in comparison with onCPU MAnalyse with 'max' settings. It is still not tested as 'prefilter/1st generation' processing in 2 or more generations of MVs refining.

" see all those news in SMDegrain soon"

Maybe the only small and still important features like second input to MAnalyse and auto-thSAD to MDegrain may be ported to yet another 'simple addition to 2.7.45 pinterf version' as mostly safe from bugs changes. And Dogway may test it in the SMDegrain. I hope pinterf may return back in the 2023 and I can ask about making port of some very limited pack of simple new features to make some 'official-post-2.7.45' build of mvtools.

Last edited by DTL; 8th August 2023 at 22:55.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2023, 19:59   #243  |  Link
DTL

New release https://github.com/DTL2020/mvtools/r.../r.2.7.46-a.25

Added non-linear Median-like MV filtering mode in addition to linear low-pass filtering to MDegrainN.

New params to MDegrainN:
MVMedF (integer) - default 0 (disabled). Temporal radius of median filtering of temporal MVs sequence. Valid range - from 1 to about 1/3 of tr-value used.
MVMedF_em (integer) - default 0. Edges of MV temporal vector processing modes. Mode 0 - copy non-filtered MVs from input. Mode 1 - invalidate non-filtered frames MVs to save from possible blending of bad MVs. Number of non-filtered frames equal to MVMdeF value.
MVMedF_cm (integer) - default 0. MVs coordinates processing mode. Mode 0 - separated x,y vectors median filtering. Mode 1 - using length of difference vector as dissimilarity metric.

Example:
Code:
MDegrainN(last,super, multi_vec, tr, thSAD=135, thSAD2=120, mt=false, wpow=4, thSCD1=450, thSADA_a=my_thA, thSADA_b=my_thB, \
adjSADzeromv=0.5, adjSADcohmv=0.5, thCohMV=16, MVLPFGauss=0.9, thMVLPFCorr=50, MVMedF=2, MVMedF_cm=0, MVMedF_em=0, IntOvlp=3)
For any used MV filtering mode thMVLPFCorr must be non-zero (to use filtered MVs with coordinates difference from input MVs below this value).
Both linear and non-linear MVs filtering may be enabled in any combination. First executed non-linear filtering and next linear.
MVMedF_em=1 may be used for possible higher quality processing (non-filtered MVs/blocks at the edges of tr excluded from blending). But it eats MVMedF frames from total tr-pool and decreases possible denoise level (so to keep same max denoise level with MVMedF_em=1 tr need to be tr+MVMedF).

MVMedF_cm=1 may produce more shifted areas of moving objects - it is subject of testing and may be fix possible in next releases.

Expected working values for MVMedF temporal radius of non-linear filtering - about 1..3 (may be up to about 1/3 of the tr value used, so for MVMedF=3 recommended tr is about 6..10). Values of 3 and more not yet tested.

Non-linear filtering expected to work better in skipping false long strike MVs with lower tr in compare with linear filtering.

Test script for compare new MVs processing features with old (2022 ?) source from post https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...40#post1974040 :
Code:
LoadPlugin("mvtools2_260923.dll")
LoadPlugin("ffms2.dll")

FFmpegSource2("test_org.mkv")

examp=FFMpegSource2("test_enc_thSAD200.mkv").Crop(250,200,500,500).ConvertToYUV420(matrix="Rec709").ConvertBits(8).Subtitle("test_enc")

ConvertToYUV420(matrix="Rec709")

Crop(250,200,500,500)

noproc=last.Subtitle("src")

super_std=MSuper(mt=false, pel=2)

tr=14

my_thA = 1.3
my_thB = 30

multi_vec=MAnalyse(super_std, blksize=8, multi=true, search=3, temporal=false, trymany=true, searchparam=2, chroma=true, delta=tr, truemotion=false,\
 pzero=10, pnew=10, pglobal=10, levels=0, mt=false, overlap=4)
new_m2=MDegrainN(last,super_std, multi_vec, tr, thSAD=150, thSAD2=140, thSADA_a=my_thA, thSADA_b=my_thB, mt=false, wpow=4, thSCD1=500, \
adjSADzeromv=0.7, adjSADcohmv=0.7, thCohMV=6, MVLPFGauss=0.9, thMVLPFCorr=50, adjSADLPFedmv=0.9, MVMedF=2, MVMedF_cm=0, MVMedF_em=1,\
 IntOvlp=0).Subtitle("new_m2")
old=MDegrainN(last,super_std, multi_vec, tr, thSAD=200, thSAD2=190, mt=false,IntOvlp=0).Subtitle("old_thSAD200")
ConvertBits(8)

Interleave(examp, new_m2, old, noproc)
Sharpen(0.5)

SincLin2Resize(width*2, height*2)

Prefetch(2)
155 (src) frame of interleaved sequence compare https://imgsli.com/MjA5OTQx/1/3

Last edited by DTL; 27th September 2023 at 22:28.
Old 28th September 2023, 17:06   #244  |  Link
DTL

New release - https://github.com/DTL2020/mvtools/r.../r.2.7.46-a.26

Added new MVF_fm param to MDegrainN. Fixed MV filtering in the non-YUV-combined processing modes.

MVF_fm (integer), default=0 . Blocks failing mode at the process of MVs filtering. Mode 0 (default) - pass blocks with failed SAD re-check unchanged to blending engine. Mode 1 - fail (invalidate to blending) blocks with failed SAD re-check after filtered MVs coordinates.

In MVF_fm=1 mode it saves more blocks from blurring but it typically cause degradation of denoising at these areas. So cause uneven denosie over total frame area. May be more visible when compare static frames.
Old 2nd October 2023, 20:19   #245  |  Link
DTL

Some strategic announcement about fully hardware multi-generation MVs refining for noised sources.

I made some onCPU tech tests of multi-generation refining in MDegrainN (using simple ESA search algorithm) - even with a search radius of 4 it is much slower. Though still faster in comparison with script-based refining (and uses about 2 times less RAM). It is expected to be somehow faster after most possible optimizations with SIMD but not very much possible.

So as hardware MVs search ASIC typically shows significant underload - it is possible to put MVs refining into hardware accelerator (new modes for MAnalyse). Major part is development of MDegrainN simple or most featured processing as Compute Shader so it can be dispatched in HWA without downloading current generation MVs for external processing. It not breaks logic of MAnalyse in AVS filterchain - it still outputs single MVs clip with refined MVs completely in the hardware accelerator using hardware MVs search ASIC and hardware universal shaders dispatch units to dispatch SAD and MDegrainN shader to provide filtered frames to next generations of MVs refining by same hardware MVs search ASIC. For boards with 2 or more NVENC ASICs I hope drivers are smart enough to create a full filterchain inside accelerator board without download-upload resources between degrain and MVs search stages and spread load over all available ASICs onboard.
Old 12th March 2024, 07:49   #246  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
New release
Maybe this can be useful.