Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 8th March 2010, 00:32   #1  |  Link
helplessandlost

Can Avisynth save this?

Can't fire the Videographer (it's my wife). First time she shot in low light and for some ungodly reason she turned off the auto-iris and for obvious resons, Murphy's law, it wasn't set at "open" so the footage in it's current state is pretty useless.

This shoot was for a good friend/collegue so I'd really like to save some of the footage. Here is a 5 sec clip ~107 MB if anyone can help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vmbspa

A screen grab if that is sufficent to diagnose:

Thanks!
helplessandlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 00:41   #2  |  Link
helplessandlost

and if it helps this is more what it should have looked like - we were at opposite ends of the stage

Old 8th March 2010, 11:47   #3  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Just for kicks: some adjustY, ColourYUV with spread cont_u and cont_v and MCTD high to denoise afterwards:
4:20 min per frame... MCTD medium around 20s per frame.
Old 8th March 2010, 19:05   #4  |  Link
Reuf Toc

You can also try HDR AGC Plugin : link
As Emulgator said, your footage may need a denoising afterward
Reuf Toc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 04:58   #5  |  Link
helplessandlost

engrish pls (i.e. script examples)
Old 9th March 2010, 17:36   #6  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

The HDR AGC version with MCTD:
This is not bad, faster than my version, but maybe a bit more noisy; around 0.25 fps.

Code:
......sourcefilter.....
HDRAGC(shift=16, reducer=0.5, max_gain=4.0, coef_gain=1.5)
MCTemporalDenoise(settings="medium", deblock=false, interlaced=false, chroma=true, sharp=true, strength=300, GPU=true)
Now my sloooow version (this is by no means useful or efficient, too many conversions, but gave a picture):
Code:
....sourcefilter...
ConvertToYV12#(interlaced=true)
ColorYUV(cont_u=400, cont_v=400, off_u=-1, off_v=2, analyze=false, showyuv=false)
ConvertToYUY2
adjustY("spline(Y, 0, 0, 8, 0, 16, 11, 20, 16, 55, 90, 70, 140, 90, 180, 250, 220, 255, 235, true)", false)
ConvertToYV12
MCTemporalDenoise(settings="medium", deblock=false, interlaced=false, chroma=true, sharp=true, strength=300, GPU=true)
#MCTemporalDenoise(settings="high", deblock=false, interlaced=false, chroma=true, sharp=true, strength=400, GPU=true)#only if you can afford to wait, maybe never returns...nah, throw it away, this is ridiculous, it never returns a picture, gone fishing...
Best is to separate into 2 Passes, first pass for ColorYUV and adjustY together,
the second pass for MCTD alone. Now you may try "high"...

Last edited by Emulgator; 10th March 2010 at 05:37.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 12:41   #7  |  Link
helplessandlost

Thanks Emulgator, let me ask for clarification. Are you saying in your edit that your "slooow" script is useable if I run it in two passes?

So pass 1:

....sourcefilter...
ColorYUV(cont_u=400, cont_v=400, off_u=-1, off_v=2, analyze=false, showyuv=false)
ConvertToYUY2
adjustY("spline(Y, 0, 0, 8, 0, 16, 11, 20, 16, 55, 90, 70, 140, 90, 180, 250, 220, 255, 235, true)", false)

Pass 2:

ConvertToYV12
MCTemporalDenoise(settings="medium", deblock=false, interlaced=false, chroma=true, sharp=true, strength=300, GPU=true) < set for either medium or high

Last edited by helplessandlost; 10th March 2010 at 12:45.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:01   #8  |  Link
helplessandlost

And another dumb question

### /!\ Needed filters: MVTools (v2.5.8), Masktools (v2.0a36),
### ------------------- LSFmod (v1.9), FFT3Dgpu (v0.8.2.7) or FFT3Dfilter (v2.1.1),
### TTempsmooth (v0.9.4), Removegrain + Repair (v1.0PR),
### Deblock (v1.2), Deblock_QED (18.aug.2008), DctFilter (v0.0.1.4),
### EEDI2 (v0.9.2), Sangnom (v1.0beta),
### GradFun2DBmod (v1.5), Gradfun2db (v1.0), AddgrainC (v1.4).

I can't find some of these versions that are being asked for this auto script. Is there a specific place to find them?
Old 10th March 2010, 13:29   #9  |  Link
Didée

Which ones?

The reason that settings="medium" works and settings="high" not is simply memory related. "medium" does a normal clip.MDegrain (twopass=false), where "high" does clip.MDegrain.Mdegrain (twopass=true). The difference seems rather harmless, but in fact the twopass method causes HUGE memory requirements, in particular with Full-HD.

Instead of using the most huge hammer you can only find, I'd rather try to use a standard MDegrain, with the vector search done on the original (not-enhanced) input. Saves a major part of MCTD's exorbitant complexity with twopass=true, but should be similarly effective in this case.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 14:02   #10  |  Link
helplessandlost

I haven't gone through the whole list yet, getting ready for work, but started with the MVtools off the main filter page.

On that too I am assuming just dump the whole "pack" into the plugins foler and let the subdirectories go underneath?
Old 10th March 2010, 14:26   #11  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by helplessandlost View Post
I am assuming just dump the whole "pack" into the plugins foler
^That^ you should only do when you're asking for trouble.

Example: RemoveGrain 1.0pre contains (among others) RemoveGrain.dll, RemoveGrainS.dll, RemoveGrainSSE2.dll, RemoveGrainSSE3.dll. If you put all of them into \plugins, Avisynth will not work anmore at all (most probably). In this case, use the ~SSE2 one to be on the safe side.

Do not pollute the plugin directory with stuff that doesn't belong there. One DLL of a kind, and the according documentation if you like. Nothing more.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 08:11   #12  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

(me back again)
Quote:
Thanks Emulgator, let me ask for clarification.
Are you saying in your edit that your "slooow" script is useable if I run it in two passes?
So pass 1:
....sourcefilter...
ConvertToYUY2
Pass 2:
ConvertToYV12
MCTemporalDenoise(settings="medium", deblock=false, interlaced=false, chroma=true, sharp=true, strength=300, GPU=true) < set for either medium or high
Yes.

Memory requirements (as Didée mentioned) and inefficiencies of the calculation process
(when filters of this kind are stacked) can be overcome a bit
if HD denoiser passes are executed separately where possible.

Last edited by Emulgator; 13th March 2010 at 08:16.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:39   #13  |  Link
helplessandlost

Thanks Emulgator, if I'm not being a pain can you point me to where all the filters needed for this are? Or throw them up in a sendspace?
Old 14th March 2010, 11:36   #14  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

I am continuously working, so I can not walk you through...

Best if you search, try and find out, because some filters are tailored to CPU architecture.
If in doubt, use older filters, some SSEn do not work with certain scripts/CPUs, many dependencies.
Avisynth reports if something crashes. Some plugins, functions and scripts do also report nicely what they need.

Many filters are at warpenterprises, many at avisynth mediawiki,

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

some only in doom9 threads...

I sent you a PM.

Last edited by Emulgator; 14th March 2010 at 11:47.