Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 22nd May 2013, 14:08   #61  |  Link
osgZach

It couldn't have been more than a year or so ago (probably less) that I had tried FRAPS out, and I didn't have these kinds of issues???
I suppose my workflow could have been different though.

Frankly, I'd just get rid of FRAPS and use a better program. FRAPS seems very restricted an non-configurable in a lot of ways.
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:25   #62  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/75

Though I submitted that bug to ffmpeg over 2 years ago, it seems as if it was only just fixed recently.
Did you report it to the Libav devs? It apparently has the same issue atm, but they didn't bork fps1 decoding otherwise. (yet)
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 20:19   #63  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Interesting, I didn't hear new removing a fix before. Anyway. I don't do patching and compiling, and ffmpeg failed at transcoding fullrange too.

Did you experience anything like the blueishness (the second one)?
You know what's funny? The patch doesn't work anymore with LAV, something changed in ffmpeg between 0.56.2 and 0.57 that breaks it. It now looks something like this lol. I'll have to check what happened. I did experience some chroma weirdness, like shifting, but not that blue mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/75

Though I submitted that bug to ffmpeg over 2 years ago, it seems as if it was only just fixed recently.
Is that supposed to be fixed by this commit? I guess not, that just changes a hardcoded number for a constant of the same value, and there are no more commits to fraps.c
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:02   #64  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
LAV Filters included it until a big ffmpeg update some time ago, but nev hasn't included it since.
I haven't included it because the latest version of the patch you gave me was still crashing rather randomly, and you even commented on that fact, iirc.
I didn't have time to look into that problem myself because it isn't a high priority for me.

PS:
I would also prefer a patch over a pre-patched full source file. =)

Quote:
Is that supposed to be fixed by this commit? I guess not, that just changes a hardcoded number for a constant of the same value, and there are no more commits to fraps.c
I guess its actually this commit, which changes the constant introduced in the previous commit.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 23rd May 2013 at 23:05.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 18:15   #65  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I haven't included it because the latest version of the patch you gave me was still crashing rather randomly, and you even commented on that fact, iirc.
I didn't have time to look into that problem myself because it isn't a high priority for me.

PS:
I would also prefer a patch over a pre-patched full source file. =)
Yep, but I removed the avutil dependency some time ago and since then it hasn't crashed on me, YMMV, so feel free to commit it if you feel like it. I still think that there's a problem in ffmpeg after the thread update that the code triggered, but heh. The way to reproduce it was to play a file in a loop until it crashed, totally random. Error was that a thread tried to read from or write to an invalid address. I made it into a patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mv5vl3zw9uj1xf7

Quote:
I guess its actually this commit, which changes the constant introduced in the previous commit.
That huffman commit actually fixes all weirdness I had with chroma in fraps, great stuff
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 25th May 2013, 18:18   #66  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Yep, but I removed the avutil dependency some time ago and since then it hasn't crashed on me, YMMV, so feel free to commit it if you feel like it. I still think that there's a problem in ffmpeg after the thread update that the code triggered, but heh. The way to reproduce it was to play a file in a loop until it crashed, totally random. Error was that a thread tried to read from or write to an invalid address. I made it into a patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mv5vl3zw9uj1xf7
I'll have a look at that again, thanks.
I'll probably refactor it a bit to make the diff smaller, so that future changes can be merged more easily, otherwise its always a PITA.
Old 25th May 2013, 19:45   #67  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
That huffman commit actually fixes all weirdness I had with chroma in fraps, great stuff
But you still can't encode anything because of the other issue, right?
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 02:48   #68  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
I'll have a look at that again, thanks.
I'll probably refactor it a bit to make the diff smaller, so that future changes can be merged more easily, otherwise its always a PITA.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
But you still can't encode anything because of the other issue, right?
What other issue? Since chroma stuff is fixed and all frames are there thanks to the patch, I can use the ffmpeg decoder as if it was the original fraps decoder (a lot faster though)