Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th October 2008, 01:12   #1  |  Link
linyx
Un-Registered User

WMV audio delay?

I am trying to convert some wmv files to x264, but i keep getting screwed up audio. When i run a script like this through VDub, it works fine, but if i encode audio and video separately, then it is out of sync.

Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\Source.WMV", audio=true, convertfps=true, fps=30.000)
I need to use something other than VDub though because x264 quit using VFW a while ago, and i still use x264+belight for encoding. So my question is, how can you find the audio delay in wmv, if that is what it is?

BTW - These are from http://civil-protection.blogspot.com/ so they shouldn't violate rule #6.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
linyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 02:18   #2  |  Link
poisondeathray

Are you using the same script for audio? or using the .wmv directly as input? I find if I feed the same script into (BeHappy or MeGUI), it's in sync for .wmv files

Another approach: If you are sure it's a constant sync issue (same lengths for audio/video), just figure out the delay after in a media player (usually +/-) and enter it for mp4box or mkvmerge to "fix" it.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 02:36   #3  |  Link
linyx
Un-Registered User

cool, didnt know megui would accept a file like that for audio, i was demuxing the audio and that was what didn't work for the sync issue. Thanks!
linyx is offline   Reply With Quote