Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th January 2011, 21:57   #1  |  Link
OvejaNegra
ekTOMBE STUDIOS

Restore bad deinterlaced videos

My father has a collection of videos in AVI+divx format. Those were shot with a DVcamera and converted to AVI with a tool that i don't know and with processing that i dont know.

I havent seen any of those videos yet, but according to my father descriptions, most of them have one of these problems:

a) The video has ghosting on the edges when moving, like a bobed video of 60 fps converted to 29.97 by blending the frames on avisynth.

Can that be undone? It's possible to recreate (not accurately offcourse) the 60 frames by detecting the direction of the movement and separating the moving pixels on 2 differents frames with a small offset? Or something like that.

b) the video was resized without deinterlacing first. Some videos has 800X600, others 720X540, others 512X384, etc. All of them present interlacing artifacts. Due to the resizing, using a dinterlacer does not works. I told my father to resize those videos in avisynth to 720X480 and 640X480, but after that, using a deinterlacer does not works yet. Maybe the videos were cropped before resizing.

I'ts possible to resize the videos to the original resolution? And after that apply a deinterlacer to get the deinterlaced frames?

If the videos were cropped before the resizing, its posible to detect the correct resolution and add the black bars to put the lines in position for a deinterlacer?

I don care if i have to do trial-error tests. This week end i'm going to my father house and i will spend all day trying to fix and convert the videos to DVD or something else.

thanks for the help and sorry for my english.

Tags
interlaced, restore