Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th August 2021, 20:15   #19241  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Hi Atak,

I think I uncovered a bug. For some reason I can never bind to my subnet, 192.168.9.* for the encoding server. I tried adding to the encoding server:
/IP 192.168.9.40
And it always grabs the secondary IP 192.168.1.40. I added 172.28.27.40 and 192.168.0.40 as secondary IPs and the encoding server will bind to those, but not to 192.168.9.40. Very odd.
Did you give "changing the network adapter priority" a try?
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ers-windows-10
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2021, 07:43   #19242  |  Link
Daringbaaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I had tried older Version 1.19.3

1st thing : My Server is EPYC and There is Not any GPU and Not any Graphics Driver Installed

2nd : I Try to Run Main Ripbotexe and it's Showing Warning That Java Is Not Installed, (But I Had Installed Java, Reboot Server,. But No Luck)

When i opened Encoding Server then it worked on older version,

and last thing I tried to Completely cleaned and Re-install OS (Win Server 2019)

But still Same as I mentioned)

Latest Version Showing Decoding error, after Video import and Encoding Server not Working)

in Older version : Encoding Server Worked But Main Server isn't Working

Please Sir, Do Something, if You Need any Donation/Contribution Then I will as much I Can.

Also If you are Available to Develop Ripbot With Some More Audio Formats then it Will Be Better .

Daringbaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2021, 03:07   #19243  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

This is the end of my "special" RipBot builds & updates :(

For several months now, I have made available very up to date & modified build's of RipBot264.

I have also provided updates on a regular basic.

With many different extra filters & options, that made RB that little bit better than the "vanilla" version, which hasn't seen a substantial update in a very long time.

If anyone is keeping track of available updates of the components that RB use's, you'd soon realise just how far behind it is

I guess I was also hoping that this might prompt Atak to follow suite, and provide updates, and extra's, but it hasn't had that affect, sadly.

Don't get me wrong, RB IS still working well, but maybe Atak is now just "resting on his laurel's", and leaving good enough alone.

I also hoped that anyone that was happy to download and use my builds would also be happy to provide some feedback, either good or bad, and even the odd thanks, would have been appreciated,
but after 100's of downloads over the period I have been providing these builds & updates, not a single comment...NOTHING !!!, which sadden's me.

So as of date of posting this, I will no longer provide this service, and I will keep all my hard work to myself, and for my benefit only.

So to the many that did download my "stuff", thankyou, but you've only got yourselves to blame for this to be ending, today !!!
Old 6th September 2021, 21:55   #19244  |  Link
darkio

please add the ability to use external LUT 3D (.cube).
Very usefull for some old content like anime.
darkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2021, 23:45   #19245  |  Link
Ripmann

Wall of text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
So as of date of posting this, I will no longer provide this service, and I will keep all my hard work to myself, and for my benefit only.

So to the many that did download my "stuff", thankyou, but you've only got yourselves to blame for this to be ending, today !!!
Hey man, you shouldn't take these things so personally. Take me for example. I asked to take a look at your SMDegrain setup, what, a month ago? And that's only because I encountered a bug and didn't have enough free time to get it working myself. I think I downloaded your file but didn't even get a chance to open the archive—let alone install or test it—with me just coming out of the hospital a few days ago and all. Not all of us got sick, of course, but I'm sure other people also have unrelated things on their mind, especially considering the s%*storm the world is currently in. And even for those who don't, with dozens, if not hundreds of programs installed on an average computer, I'd speculate that you're not the only not getting any feedback on your efforts. Doesn't mean that they are not appreciated. Hell, I've been using RipBot for a decade and only bothered commenting on it last year or so. For the average user, "if it works, it works" is the standard operating mantra.

TL;DR version: take it easy, and on behalf of everyone who asked to use your stuff, thank you.

P.S. I don't know about "resting on his laurels" (which frankly no longer sounds as comfortable as it did back in Ancient Greece) but I'd also really welcome more development pouring into RipBot. Although I'm still a devout user, it's getting harder and harder to stay with it without being forced to use other tools—tools I previously didn't even like. E-AC3, up-to-date HDR/HDR10+/DV tools and support, and perhaps a more comprehensive set of degrain filters like SMDegrain (or whatever better alternatives are out there) would really be appreciated. I know it's a lot to ask from a selfless developer who already sacrificed so much of his time into this free software, but that's what you get when you end up with thousands of people depending on your work. Perhaps, if you feel exhausted, you can reconsider going the open source route? I'm sure someone will be willing to pick up the burden like they did with MPC and MPC-HC/MPC-BE. Wouldn't make your own legacy any less meaningful. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2021, 01:15   #19246  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann View Post
Hey man, you shouldn't take these things so personally. Take me for example. I asked to take a look at your SMDegrain setup, what, a month ago? And that's only because I encountered a bug and didn't have enough free time to get it working myself. I think I downloaded your file but didn't even get a chance to open the archive—let alone install or test it—with me just coming out of the hospital a few days ago and all. Not all of us got sick, of course, but I'm sure other people also have unrelated things on their mind, especially considering the s%*storm the world is currently in. And even for those who don't, with dozens, if not hundreds of programs installed on an average computer, I'd speculate that you're not the only not getting any feedback on your efforts. Doesn't mean that they are not appreciated. Hell, I've been using RipBot for a decade and only bothered commenting on it last year or so. For the average user, "if it works, it works" is the standard operating mantra.

TL;DR version: take it easy, and on behalf of everyone who asked to use your stuff, thank you.

P.S. I don't know about "resting on his laurels" (which frankly no longer sounds as comfortable as it did back in Ancient Greece) but I'd also really welcome more development pouring into RipBot. Although I'm still a devout user, it's getting harder and harder to stay with it without being forced to use other tools—tools I previously didn't even like. E-AC3, up-to-date HDR/HDR10+/DV tools and support, and perhaps a more comprehensive set of degrain filters like SMDegrain (or whatever better alternatives are out there) would really be appreciated. I know it's a lot to ask from a selfless developer who already sacrificed so much of his time into this free software, but that's what you get when you end up with thousands of people depending on your work. Perhaps, if you feel exhausted, you can reconsider going the open source route? I'm sure someone will be willing to pick up the burden like they did with MPC and MPC-HC/MPC-BE. Wouldn't make your own legacy any less meaningful. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Thanks, Ripmann,

Good to hear you're OK, now..sure a crazy time, atm.

I actually only got asked by about 3 ppl, and with the 100's of downloads, you'd think that at least 1 or 2 would bother to leave a comment, (good or bad).

I know that E-AC3 conversion has been asked about for age's, but is just brushed aside, but there are other app's that do the job very & quickly, and all you have to do is mux it in either before or after a RB encode.

I generally do video ONLY for 4K stuff, as I need to convert the TrueHD track & subtitles tracks to be compatible with my equipment.

Also have started splitting 4K movies into 20 - 30 minute chunks, then importing them in using the Batch feature, that way you don't have to hope your PC (or RB) will reliably encode for a day or so.

A little bit more procedure, but a lot less anxiety, I can tell ya !!

I'm sure that HDR could be updated fairly easily, there's always someone out there working on that side of things.

Anyway, life goes on.

Stay well, my friend.
Old 7th September 2021, 02:48   #19247  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkio View Post
please add the ability to use external LUT 3D (.cube).
Very usefull for some old content like anime.
Has this got anything to with Adobe files ?? (.cube)
Old 7th September 2021, 07:49   #19248  |  Link
darkio

Quote:
Has this got anything to with Adobe files ?? (.cube)
yes, but there are free luts can be used.
Da vinci resolve use luts and many others.
It's color correction (color grading).
Sometime, source video have bad colours can be improved.
Avisynth use luts too for editing.
Old 7th September 2021, 13:06   #19249  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
yes, but there are free luts can be used.
Da vinci resolve use luts and many others.
It's color correction (color grading).
Sometime, source video have bad colours can be improved.
Avisynth use luts too for editing.
So why can't you process the files you want, THEN run them thru RipBot if needed.

I doubt that your request will be addressed.
Old 7th September 2021, 14:06   #19250  |  Link
darkio

Quote:
So why can't you process the files you want, THEN run them thru RipBot if needed.

I doubt that your request will be addressed.
because there are 2 time compresion.
ripbot can handle simple color correction like satutation, contrast etc,
so, why can't use external lut?
Old 7th September 2021, 15:32   #19251  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
because there are 2 time compresion.
ripbot can handle simple color correction like satutation, contrast etc,
so, why can't use external lut?
Well, if you could upload a .cube and whatever else it needs, might be a starting point for this.
Old 7th September 2021, 15:43   #19252  |  Link
darkio

this is the plugin
http://www.avisynth.nl/index.php/AVSCube

and this is a zip with 54 luts freeware inside
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/f66b...c-475c345f893d

Thanks in advance

Example LUT
Source NO LUT:

Same Source LUT ON: (Clouseau 54.CUBE)

Used in Tmpgenc Mastering Works 7

Last edited by darkio; 7th September 2021 at 21:07. Reason: thank a user
Old 8th September 2021, 11:26   #19253  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
this is the plugin
http://www.avisynth.nl/index.php/AVSCube

and this is a zip with 54 luts freeware inside
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/f66b...c-475c345f893d

Thanks in advance

Example LUT
Source NO LUT:

Same Source LUT ON: (Clouseau 54.CUBE)

Used in Tmpgenc Mastering Works 7
Hi darkio,

I am happy to provide this awesome add-on for RipBot264, at your request.

It took me and a new friend of mine, kedautinh12, several hours to get it to work within RipBot.

And I think this IS a MAJOR game-changer for the app, so thankyou.

ENJOY !!!!!
Old 8th September 2021, 19:33   #19254  |  Link
SKPN

Delete files from watch folder after batch processing?

Is there a way to delete the files from the watch folder(s) after they are processed in automated batch mode?
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2021, 04:59   #19255  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
Is there a way to delete the files from the watch folder(s) after they are processed in automated batch mode?
Not ever having used Watch Folders, maybe you could create a small cmd or batch file that would "clean out" the folders, and you could run that cli using the "Run command script after finished job" on the Main tab page of RipBot.

OR, wait and see if the dev comes up with a suggestion or a revision to the app.
Old 11th September 2021, 12:14   #19256  |  Link
legend

I have nvidia GPU. I did not find x265 NVenc like other GUI. How do I enable this?
legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2021, 12:43   #19257  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
I have nvidia GPU. I did not find x265 NVenc like other GUI. How do I enable this?
This has been asked about many times, and that's about as far as it goes

You'll have to look elsewhere to use this option.
Old 13th September 2021, 10:01   #19258  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

NVEnc is not x265. They are different H.265 video encoders. NVEnc uses your Nvidia GPU to encode H.265 video, x265 does not. Furthermore, x265 can be controlled in many more different ways than NVEnc, so it is suited much better for segmented encoding, and also it can run in several parallel instances (your GPU encoder chip can be used only by one process at a time). If you don't need segmented encoding, possibly distributed across a network of many PCs encoding different parts of a video, then you may not really need RipBot264...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2021, 12:38   #19259  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
NVEnc is not x265. They are different H.265 video encoders. NVEnc uses your Nvidia GPU to encode H.265 video, x265 does not. Furthermore, x265 can be controlled in many more different ways than NVEnc, so it is suited much better for segmented encoding, and also it can run in several parallel instances (your GPU encoder chip can be used only by one process at a time). If you don't need segmented encoding, possibly distributed across a network of many PCs encoding different parts of a video, then you may not really need RipBot264...
Very nicely explained, LigH.

So, not everyone has compatible nVidia GPU's, and also the fact that Distributed Encoding couldn't be used, then there's not really any point !!

So even if Atak took the time to implement this, only limited users would take what ever advantage GPU encoding might offer, if the spped of DE isn't there, and let's face it, DE is the most impressive function of any of the main available Encoding apps.

The same probably applies to wanting to use NV Decoding.

The only process that is probably an option would be to let RipBot do it's complete process, then before deleting the Temp files, to manually re-encode the files generated by RB, using NVEnc, so basically doubling the time taken to get the desired result.

Might be able to use the function introduced some time ago to run the "Job finished successfully.cmd" to automate some script / cli.

So just repeating what LigH said :-

Quote:
If you don't need segmented encoding, possibly distributed across a network of many PCs encoding different parts of a video, then you may not really need RipBot264...
Old 18th September 2021, 11:00   #19260  |  Link
phred1

Can't get RipBot EncodingServer to start

Hiya
Updated to latest version 1.21.6 from a much older version. Now I cant get the EncodingServer to start. Where do I start with finding what I have done wrong? All tools seems to be installed (some with green and some with black icons in the list).
phred1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360