Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 15th March 2011, 21:31   #7001  |  Link
thghgv

bypassing version check

is there any way to dispense with the seemingly mandatory version check when this app fires up? My media processing machine has never, nor will ever be in the future, connected to the internet so it's really a waste of time.
thghgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 00:33   #7002  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
So you're claiming BD-Rebuilder does a better job at compressing blu-ray movies than MultiAVCHD and DVDFab?
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@SuperFist Yes...
Ummm... after testing BD Rebuilder I'm going to have to concur. I mean Dean has done a wonderful job with MultiAVCHD. I love the PS3 HDD function but as far as simplicity of user interface as well as extreme usability goes, I will have to also side with BD Rebuilder on this one.

Last edited by SuperFist; 21st March 2011 at 13:18.
SuperFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 18:16   #7003  |  Link
thghgv

this app would be a real contender if it could display ALL the collective assets of BD's in general. As it stands still images seem to baffle this app and make it near impossible to know what you're messing around with in the structure.
thghgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 00:14   #7004  |  Link
setarip_old

@thghgv
Quote:
As it stands still images seem to baffle this app
As part of which of multiAVCHD's many conversion/creation functions is this a problem for you?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 08:13   #7005  |  Link
JoeH

BDRebuilder - simpler, easier to use. MultiAVCHD, much more powerful.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 21:47   #7006  |  Link
Sentry

Hi, all I´ve been using multiAVCHD for creating menus for my BD´s compilations, but recently tried to create a menu using SD-DVD option, it was a static single title menu using slide tempate, but after finishing the creation process I ended up with a single title menu but with a motion background, at first I tought I had selected the wrong option, tried again this time double checking all the configuration settings for this menu and the resul was again the same Single title menu with motion background. Tried using a diferent menu types, tried XMB with the same result. I tried with previous builds and in the only one I was able to accomlish what I wanted was build 766. Looks like it is defaulting to this setting for SD-DVD menu.

has anyone experienced this?
By the way I´m using Avisynth 258, ffdshow rev 3054_20090804 and haali media splitter 11012009.

Appreciate your comments.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 13:18   #7007  |  Link
SuperFist

Checkout a side-by-side comparison of the movie The A-Team condensed to fit on a 25GB BD-R with just video and the DTS audio track on DVDFab vs. BD Rebuilder...

The A-Team (original)

The A-Team condensed to fit on 25GB BD-R with DVDFab

The A-Team condensed to fit on 25GB BD-R with BD Rebuilder

As you can see, the DVDFab version looks horribly washed out with blacks crushed whereas the BD Rebuilder version looks robust, crystal clear, the blacks are consistently black and the scene is full of color just like the original disc.

Last edited by SuperFist; 23rd March 2011 at 00:13.
Old 22nd March 2011, 07:45   #7008  |  Link
setarip_old

@SuperFist

This thread is devoted exclusively to "multiAVCHD".

What is the purpose of posting a comparison of BD-RB and DVDFab screen captures here?
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:32   #7009  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
@SuperFist

This thread is devoted exclusively to "multiAVCHD".

What is the purpose of posting a comparison of BD-RB and DVDFab screen captures here?
Actually, your response to my question earlier about BD Rebuilder being better PQ than MultiAVCHD and DVDFab is what spawned it (scroll up to see my response to it).

I merely wanted to provide those reading our back-and-forth visual proof of this. And by the way, doesn't MultiAVCHD use the same codec as BD Rebuilder? I thought I heard somebody say they were the same codec so I was kind of confused by your "Yes" response to my question. Or are you saying it's redundant because people here already know DVDFab's PQ sucks when it comes to compression?

How about I replace the BD Rebuilder screenshot with one by MultiAVCHD? I'm sure a lot of people here use these programs anyway and its also proof to keep supporting great developers like Dean.

Last edited by SuperFist; 22nd March 2011 at 09:54.
Old 22nd March 2011, 20:41   #7010  |  Link
setarip_old

@SuperFist
Quote:
Or are you saying...
I've said only what I, as just another member, intended to say - namely, this thread is devoted exclusively to "multiAVCHD".

Of course, you may post anything you choose...

BTW - If you wanted to make a truly valid comparison, you'd include a screen capture of the identical frame captured from playback of the original, commercial Blu-ray disc, played with the same player (and settings) you used for the BD-RB and DVDSFab captures you've presented.

Last edited by setarip_old; 22nd March 2011 at 21:02.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:47   #7011  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
BTW - If you wanted to make a truly valid comparison, you'd include a screen capture of the identical frame captured from playback of the original, commercial Blu-ray disc, played with the same player (and settings) you used for the BD-RB and DVDSFab captures you've presented.
Done.
Old 23rd March 2011, 01:59   #7012  |  Link
molitar

Can multiAVCHD convert a Pal video mkv to NTSC DVD? Purpose I need to convert a 720p Pal to SD NTSC for a friend so he can watch the video on DVD. BTW I took a look at the Guide but am lost where do I set the output type? I can not find output type anywheres in the program.

Last edited by molitar; 23rd March 2011 at 02:05.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 02:32   #7013  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Can multiAVCHD convert a Pal video mkv to NTSC DVD? Purpose I need to convert a 720p Pal to SD NTSC for a friend so he can watch the video on DVD. BTW I took a look at the Guide but am lost where do I set the output type? I can not find output type anywheres in the program.
Once you have input your source, menu, etc... click Start. There will be many options for output on this next page.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 04:09   #7014  |  Link
setarip_old

@molitar

Your post here is very similar to the one I replied to in the "One-click" sub-forum here, however, you've now added the requirement of converting from PAL to NTSC.

This now leads me to ask you:

1) Why the extra step of creating an .MKV?

2) What is the original source material from which you created the .MKV?

3) Why didn't you just convert your original source material to an NTSC DVD?
Old 23rd March 2011, 05:08   #7015  |  Link
molitar

Source is from a friend overseas who recorded a Tv special for me. Hence why it's in PAL as it has English subtitles with it.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 08:31   #7016  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Done.
These differences look to me like DVDFab is not detecting the correct ColorMatrix setting for the video. If you apply the ColorMatrix AviSynth command I'll bet you'll get an identical picture.

Either way, not really applicable for this thread unless you include MultiAVCHD in the mix.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:14   #7017  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
doesn't MultiAVCHD use the same codec as BD Rebuilder? I thought I heard somebody say they were the same codec
Yes, it's me who said that, they all use h264, and the result should be the same if everything is done correctly, as JoeH explained.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 20:48   #7018  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Yes, it's me who said that, they all use h264, and the result should be the same if everything is done correctly, as JoeH explained.
Well maybe you can help me then because I've been trying to compress it with MultiAVCHD in order to supply this thread with a screenshot comparison but my avs4x264.exe is crashing all the time. I even tried what was in the forum link below and I still can't get it to stop crashing...

http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=7030

Last edited by SuperFist; 24th March 2011 at 03:01.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:42   #7019  |  Link
Music Fan

Actually, I never compressed with MultiAVCHD, I use x264 with MeGui, and then I open MultiAVCHD for authoring, so I'm afraid I can't help you for this problem.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 09:05   #7020  |  Link
MrVideo

Frustration Has Set In Again

I've been waiting, what seems like forever, for the promised simple menu. As such, I've not played with mAVCHD, because I've been patiently waiting (as well as the others who are waiting for the simple menu).

But, I have a project I need to get done by late Sunday morning. I finally got all of the video encoded.

I loaded the five video files into a new start of the program. I went into the extended properties and added the audio streams for each video and the chapter list for each video.

Authoring is XMB. When I first did a preview of the menu, there was tons of text dealing with the titles. As there are 7 audio streams, the list ran off the right edge.

While trying to get rid of the audio description, or change it somehow, the menu preview no longer works. All I see is my background image and the blue-grey button. If I enter Play in the Play area, that text shows up in the menu, to the right of the button.

What the hell happened to the text for each of the titles? I can't find any option that I set that made the text vanish. I was playing around with the various Menu Authoring selections to see which one would work for now (until simple menu support shows up). Then this happened and I can't undo it.

I can put text in the Font, Colors an Labels boxes and that shows up in the menu, but no title text.

I'm at a loss.

Last edited by MrVideo; 26th March 2011 at 09:16.
MrVideo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author