Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 4th December 2011, 21:12   #1  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

MeGUI AutoEncode Batcher v1.23 (29 Jan 2021)

Code:
MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher - by StainlessS

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163343
http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/137933-megui-autoencode-and-dgindex-batchers/

Utility to allow group selection of *.AVS files for batching to MeGUI AutoEncode,
the AVS must contain both Video & Audio. The Batcher will display a little blue
icon with an white pyramid, in the system tray.

The utility is tested on MeGUI versions 'MeGUI 2050 (svn)' to 'MeGUI 2513',
with Windows 7, Vista and XP, also tested on a PIII to ascertain if machine speed
is an issue.

The utility is written in 'AutoIt' script language and compiled to a native running
executable without need for the script development environment.

New in v0.11, "MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher.ini" will be used for the defaults so that it is no longer
necessary to re-build the executable to change defaults, the ini file will be created on first
use in the same directory as the batcher executable.

On start up, will auto execute MeGUI in default directory "C:\NON-INSTALL\MeGUI\MeGUI.exe".
If MeGUI not found in that directory, then will prompt user for the path to MeGUI, the
new default path will be saved in the ini file.

Can execute MeGUI before the batcher and the batcher will then use the instance of MeGUI
that is already running instead of auto loading it.

The default input AVS clip directory is likewise saved in the ini file.

Prior to use, the Options Menu "Settings" of MeGUI should be set to defaults, so you
can set eg container, bitrate etc. The settings that you will want to check are
on the 'Main' & 'Extra Config' Tabs. In particular, DO NOT enable 'Autostart Queue'
on the 'Main' Tab, this would have MeGUI trying to encode each item as they are added
and will (in 2050 at least) result in a MeGUI crash as more items are added to the list.
It is recommended to have 'Open Preview after Avisynth script selection' ticked,
as you may want to halt the automatic batching in Preview to set the Aspect Ratio for the
clips, if you dont, then you will be subject to whatever aspect ratio that MeGUI thinks
it should be. 

Also look to the settings on 'Extra Config' Tab, in particular the 'Configure Auto Encode Defaults'.
Suggest that you set 'Optional Output Extensions' to something like '-Video' and '-Audio', do not
use valid container extension or elementary stream extension which could confuse eg muxers.

In Addition, you will also need to set the profile settings for both Audio and Video.

Having done all of the above, on running the utility, you will have opportunity to select
to halt the batcher at either the Preview window (to manually set Aspect Ratio) or at
the 'Automatic Encoding' window to eg select bitrate. Also available is the option to
automatically start the encoder after all items have been added to the job queue.
You can also cause the batcher to close without any message box at the end of the batching process.

NOTE, MeGUI 2050 (svn) On VISTA (perhaps W7), once you select an Aspect ratio or tick the
'Preview DAR' check box, the window may shrink and the Aspect Ratio and check box may
have disappeared (those controls may be left 'outside' of the window and invisible), so you may
only get one shot at setting the Aspect Ratio, this is fixed in MeGUI 2065.

v0.12, When the batcher is active, you can press the 'PAUSE' key (usually above Page Up)
and the batcher will pause execution, pressing again will continue the batcher
from where it left off. You can also press 'CTRL+PAUSE' to bring up the HOT GUI, the
little GUI presented at the beginning of execution, to eg change whether or not to
stop on AUTOENCODE Window or Preview Window.
Press left 'SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+PAUSE' and the batcher will terminate.

v1.11 Added "QUEUE VIDEO + AUDIO" (No mux), "QUEUE VIDEO" and "QUEUE AUDIO" options.

v1.13, Note, if Preview is not enabled, then the batcher will wait for 2 seconds on first file, 
to see if it appears, this is a reduction on the 30 sec timeout previously used. Input completion is
now detected by using the output video filename (or audio filename for Audio only) so we can explicitly
tell when MeGUI is ready and waiting, instead of doing it on a timeout or hoping for the preview
dialog box to appear. This filename detection, also now allows use of avs scripts that have a longish
prescan period which would normally timeout and cause the batcher to fail. An example of a prescan that
could previously cause timeout is eg the QueryBorderCrop() compile time script function in the RT_Stats thread on Doom9.
The timeout now is for 7 * 24 hours, so an avs file can have a MeGUI prescan period of up to 7 * 24 hours (But note
that MeGUI seems to do 7 scans prompting 7 avs prescans, perhaps when eg seeking to mid
point for the preview, hopefully 7 * 24 hours is enough for whatever).
QueryBorderCrop() compile time prescan script function:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1586857#post1586857

Thats about it, except that you should not try to confuse the batcher by messing with
the mouse or keyboard when it is busy. There has been no attempt to lock out user input
when busy, this would require admin privileges on Vista+.
If the batcher should stall, then exit via the system tray icon right button, 'exit'.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly, when setting the MeGUI settings, DONT FORGET to click on the SAVE button on
BOTH windows, otherwise it will not remember your settings when using the batcher.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

StainlessS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Required for re-building of the script, AutoIt is the interpreter/compiler and SciTE4AutoIt3
is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for it. To re-build, just click on 'Build' in the
tools menu of the IDE.

AutoIt:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoIt

For details on AutoIt3 : http://www.AutoItscript.com/autoit3

SciTE4AutoIt3 homepage : http://www.AutoItscript.com/autoit3/scite

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v0.1  01 Dec 2011 - First stable release (well I thought so anyway).

v0.11 04 Dec 2011 - Added, ini file for defaults, auto start queue, auto close Batcher.
    Fixed VISTA file selector bug, clicks on 'Cancel' Button instead of 'Open'. Last minute change after
    Vista testing broke it. In XP the open button is Button 2, and in Vista is Button 1 Aarrrrh!

v0.12 12 Dec 2011 - Source script is a DEBUG VERSION.
    Lots of debug info in  developer console window. Not really an issue to keep the debug stuff
    as it dont do anything anyway in a program compiled for GUI.
    Added Hotkeys, 'PAUSE' button (above 'Page Up' usually) is pause script. SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+PAUSE is QUIT Batcher.
    You can also press 'CTRL+PAUSE' to bring up the HOT GUI, the
    little GUI presented at the beginning of execution, to eg change whether or not to
    stop on AUTOENCODE Window or Preview Window.
    No longer using "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a]" style ID's as have found that they
    are based on the path to the executable and so will fail if not in the default path (the number on the
    end is some kind of hash on the path/filename).

v1.00 20 Dec 2011 - Source script is a DEBUG VERSION.
    Added Beep opt. Switched to set Fn_SetSysTabIx() instead of clicking pixel relative to The TAB control.

v1.10 24 Feb 2012 - Source script is a DEBUG VERSION.
    Minor mods only, Re-compiled with AutoIt v3.3.8.0

v1.11 10 June 2012  - Changed to Freeware licence.
    Added "Queue Video + Audio", "Queue Video", and "Queue Audio" options. Sped up mouse a bit.

V1.12 26 June 2012
    Fixed, broken OnAutoItExitRegister.
    Fixed, detects & restores minimized target window, could fail in Executable (not script) when batcher called
    via eg desktop shortcut and target is running but minimized (and no other windows open).
    Added Development Debug output log file, controllable via source script only ($WriteDebugFile=true).

V1.13 17 Aug 2012
    Switched to using output filenames to detect when avs input complete, copes with long prescan in avs file.
    Reduced Preview wait timeout to 2 secs from 30, not needed now because of above output filename detection.

v1.14, minor changes only.
v1.15, 23 Feb 2015, Fixed, Append Slash to directory eg "D:" appends "\" when sent to FileSelector. Recompile AutoIt v3.3.12.
v1.16, 02 June 2015. Allow some special characters in filenames eg '#!+'.
v1.17, 06 Feb 2016. Re-compile for AutoIt v3.3.14.2
v1.18, 13 Mar 2018, Recompile AutoIt v3.3.14.5
v1.19, 14 July 2018, Read 'Show Preview Window' setting at startup. (kudge to read tick box status, not exposed in MeGUI tick box control).
	Avoid MeGUI crash when fast click Preview window close button (Fixed in MeGUI development 2868, not fixed in 2836 Stable).
v1.20, 14 Jan 2021, MeGUI Build 2896 Changed name of 'Settings' window to 'Options', and broke the MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher.
v1.21, 28 Jan 2021. Some batcher Libary changes.
v1.22, 29 Jan 2021.DGIndex cockup fixed. MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher updated to version match.
Find it @ MediaFire in sig (UTILITY FOLDER).

Also see the partner DGIndex batcher already compiled, here (or in sig):-
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...07#post1543507

NOTE, Both MeGUI Batcher and DGIndex Batcher contain the source for BOTH utilities.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 4th February 2021 at 16:19. Reason: Update
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 03:56   #2  |  Link
DarkT

fn_winactivate: Error!
------------------------------
Error on winWaitActivate Failed
Title=[Class:WindowsForm10.window.8.app.0.378734a]
text=
------------------------------

meow
DarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 07:25   #3  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

DarkT,
We will get past this!, not really gonna get a chance to delve at the minute, it's now 06:15 AM and I'm gonna get some sleep,
maybe soon. Would help if you can tell what OS you have and at what point it failed, will give you a de-bug version that
you should run in development suite and we will on go from there.
I think I can be excused a few hiccups, only just getting to grips with the AutoIt thing, I think it's great.
Just done a DGIndex variant, spent about 6 hours on it all told and I think it is damn good. Also learnt a little lesson
in doing so and will update MeGUI thing when I've had some kip.

Please also try the DGIndex Batcher that I'm about to put up, and tell if it works or nay.

Damn, halfway to bed an had to come back. What version of MeGUI are you using and can you use the
Au3Info utility and give the info for the MAIN MeGUI window, it should read the same as in your error message.
[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a]

EDIT:- Also, try taking it out of the folder it came with as windows Explorer would be titled
"MeGUI_Batcher" and that could possibly be confusing things, it may be detecting windows
explorer as MeGUI.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 7th December 2011 at 15:23.
Old 9th December 2011, 01:22   #4  |  Link
DarkT

It fails with the error ~10 seconds after I choose the AVS files for it to proccess. Renamed the directory to something innocent, no dice. I am using MeGui 2050 svn / Windows 7 64bits. As for running debug/Au3Info thingy - can you instruct me in what exactly I'm supposed to do? . Sorry for late response, computer isn't always available for experiementation . thanks for the efforts and stuff .
Old 10th December 2011, 05:13   #5  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

DarkT,
I tried changing the directory (added a space to the path) that MeGUI lives in and THAT changes the ID
"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a]"
Is no longer valid. So, I'm guessing (I'm NOT a windows programmer),
that the number at the end (378734a) is some kind of hash on the file/path
name and that, is why most if not all of the failures are occurring.
At least I know now what not to do. Does not help that much as there of other problems
that made me resort to using the '[CLASS:' etc type specification in the first place.
We are getting there.

Stay cool.
EDIT:, I dont know but putting MeGUI in the default path, might work.
something like "C:\NON-INSTALL\MeGUI\" if I remember correctly.

Last edited by StainlessS; 10th December 2011 at 05:16.
Old 12th December 2011, 04:25   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

DarkT, sorry for the delay, been a bit busy.
Find New Version v0.12 which I believe might actually work this time.
Taken out all of the "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a]" style
ID's and works fine on Vista (the pits) And XP, (W7 untried).

See 1st post for new link, also contains the source for the new version, DGIndex batcher v0.01.
Let me know if either give problems. The MeGUI batcher script is in debug mode and will give
you some idea as to where it fails, assuming it does.

EDIT: In another thread, you said that you did not have a MeGUI log, well perhaps you are unaware
that there is a log directory in the MeGUI folder and unless you habitually clear it, it is bound to be
full to the brim of logs (I've got 527 in mine and I do clear it out every now and then).
Also, you asked how to use the "Au3Info thingy", well quite easy really, on start up it is in
"Frozen State", ie dont do anything, pressing 'CTRL+ALT+F' will un-freeze it and when you click
on another window and move the mouse over buttons etc you will be presented with information
like visible text on a control, hidden text, the button name, mouse position relative to the
window or control, color (RGB) under the mouse and other things, the same key strokes will
again freeze the display so you can double click on an item in Au3Info to copy it to the clip board.

Last edited by StainlessS; 12th December 2011 at 14:45.
Old 14th December 2011, 03:47   #7  |  Link
DarkT

yes Yes YES! Maaaa man! You came through! it works! Well, almost . I let it que 3 files, and it has, one thing though, it left it on "filesize 700mb" or something - instead of choosing the 3rd option, which would have it encode by the profile. Didn't click start on the ques though, but that is prolly just fine...

One thing though... My GF? She was asleep... And ummmm... When the que finished... there was this sound... and the volume was kinda high... *grins* she jumped up all scared lol HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

EXTRA POINTS FOR THAT MATE!!! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA .

Edit:

As for the logs... Sometimes audio encodes FAIL if there are too many logs... Or even ONE! Seriously... I have to go and delete logs or it won't work... I don't see how that's even possible... but.. Anyway, I delete logs each time...

Annnnnnnnyywya, I am sooo happpyyy, it's such a cool thing you did there for me, and all of the community... l33t-h4x ! .

Edit2: I might have been(I have been) quite unclear about the thing that is a problem for me in the program you made(adopted?) - when it does "auto encode" it chooses "file-size" instead of "no file size", in the "size and bitrate" part of the dialogue. Could you make it mmm, like, before you even start encoding, you got a menu where you can tick stuff - could you make there an option for this sort of thing? That'd be... AWE-SOMEEEEE .

Last edited by DarkT; 14th December 2011 at 04:12.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:14   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

DarkT,
Are you sure that you have it set in settings to use your profile. I was not even aware
of the settings that set defaults for Auto Encode and so I originally clicked on the use profile
control but as I found the setting I let you choose what the default is. That is down to
MeGUI and nothing that I'm doing. I switched my setting to use Profile (ah, I think there is
an 'update' or 'save' that you need to select to make it stick. Yes, I think that is your prob,
click the 'SAVE' button in "Menu/tools/Extra Config/Configure AutoEncode Defaults...'.
As far as Auto Start is concerned, does it show anything alarming in the debug stuff in
the script version. You can easy set up 3 or four dummies using just colorbars if you want.

EDIT: There is also a second 'SAVE' button once you close the AutoEncode defaults, might
be a good Idea to click that too.

EDIT: I'll make the girlfriend scarer and option in the next version.

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th December 2011 at 15:22.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:29   #9  |  Link
DarkT

Ho! nice! I did not know that you can change the defaults of the "auto encode" - and yes, I am pretty sure it was set on "size", and was qued that way, BUT, I hadn't relaly pressed "start encoding" so I won't say 100%.

Anyway, I changed the default in megui... Nice... KNowing that would save me like 1 second of each encode que... Seeing as how I've done 400 thus far... It actually kinda adds up... for a bit . *grins*

Anyway, will be checking this more later on... GF... WoW... "baradin hold" - meh, whatever.

BTW, have I already said today how AWESOME you are? *grins*
Old 14th December 2011, 23:08   #10  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

As it failed on start encode, I have changed the way it works. Previously clicked pixel relative to the TAB
control, My machine usually uses 1280x1024 rez (my larger flat screen died on me recently), if MeGUI resizes
depending upon screen rez and you have it set at eg a higher rez, it might miss the correct tab in switching
to the QUEUE tab and therefore cannot find the start button. anyway, changed to switching tab to another
method without mouse usage, it should work fine in next version within a day or two.
By the way, it can be informative to RTFM on occasion.

Old 15th December 2011, 02:13   #11  |  Link
DarkT

mmmmmm, That's like, small chips to me, I could use your resolution lolz... also, the brunt of hte work is done by it, clicking "Start" is like 0.00000001% of it .

Edit(17/12/2011):
Nice... I've loaded up ~200 files already with your program, it's epic. works great, all is well.

If you wish to make it better though, I have a suggestion. This would make it much better, but would require you (I think) to completly start from scratch.

Ok, here's the idea: Right now, it takes a LONG time to que jobs, coz it loads the FF thingy at the bottom, when you open the .avs and when you quto-encode it again.

How about this: The user ques one thing on his own, which in turn ques 3 or 4 jobs in the que, AND, creates those 4 .xml files or whatever. Then the user hits your program, selects the files, and BAM! After just 5-10 seconds, all jobs are QUED! Because what the program did dar, is, instead of queing it with the program, it just copies the "job1...2...3... .xml" files, changes the job number, and edits the file to contain the new file names.

That'd be awesome for 2 reasons: 1)time is saved coz the queing proccess is eliminated, 2)the user can touch his mouse quite soon tehre-after ;l)

ALSO - no more need to make it "compatible" with resolution or wahtever, coz all that really happens is the program edits/creates .xml files

I know I'm being a pig here for suggesting it, but I just though about it and it sounded awesome in my head.,.. And then I though to myself "hey wait dumbass, you can't program!"

Annnnyway...

Last edited by DarkT; 17th December 2011 at 16:03.
Old 21st December 2011, 00:45   #12  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

New Version MeGUI AutoEncode Batcher v1.00, See 1st post.

@DarKT, You'de havta solicit that program from someone else. I've had my fill I think for the moment
of MeGUI, and want to get back to ExBlend an update that is working but needs tidying up and
a little more work.

Try the above v1.00, think you're gonna be happy.

Old 21st December 2011, 02:50   #13  |  Link
DarkT

dude, you've helped me immmmmensely... I was just being piggy there . Will try new version sooonnn, as soon as I get a new batch of stuff to proccess .
Old 29th January 2012, 08:14   #14  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

DarkT, would be nice of you could verify one way or the other if the batcher works in W7.
I have an old beta W7 that I dont think I've even tried, would have to set the date back
a couple of years, and could not really say if it worked in present day W7. A little
current info would be nice, thankyou

Old 3rd February 2012, 23:28   #15  |  Link
DarkT

It does work. Would you like me to test the latest ver? the one that works I think is the one before latest...
Old 4th February 2012, 01:53   #16  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Hi DarkT, Yes Please, there is a new version of the compiler out (about 12 months since last)
and I would like to re-compile, although I would like to know if probs before hand.
The latest one should have fixed the non auto start of encodes, and hopefully
works better, I did a bit more mods than just that. Please retry, let me know.
Thanks very Much. Ta. (also, in Vista, there is a problem I had to deal with,
I dont imagine that it was allowed to get into W7 without a miriad of complaints but
I would like to know if it did infest W7. If you tried to use a now non existant
(previous source directory)m, vista puts up a silly error in file selector saying
"this dir aint there" or something similar, the user ain even had time to enter
anything. I fixed it in Vista but am curious if fixed in W7 or dont exist.
If it does exist, I would be VERY disapointed in MS (even more than current).
Ta very much.

SEE you there DarKT, but I've gotta get some sleep.
Read you on the morn.

Last edited by StainlessS; 4th February 2012 at 03:53.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:49   #17  |  Link
DarkT

All seems to work fine... in win7 64bit anyway.
Old 16th February 2012, 03:50   #18  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Thankyou. Was mistaken about which batcher it was that had the prob when previously
used directory was not present, it was the DGIndex batcher, not the MeGUI batcher.
If you give that one a try, let me know please, if not, then it dont matter.
A mate is gonna give me an evaluation copy of W7 to try out, so I'll do it myself
but not for several weeks as he's out of the country for a while.
Thanks again.

EDIT: Actually the problem was in both DGIndex and MeGUI batchers, W7 did not have that
problem.

Last edited by StainlessS; 24th February 2012 at 19:32.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:09   #19  |  Link
crl2007

Great software. Works fine on Win 7 x64 and MeGUI svn 2115.

Last edited by crl2007; 17th February 2012 at 14:53.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 15:24   #20  |  Link
DarkT

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
A mate is gonna give me an evaluation copy of W7 to try out, so I'll do it myself but not for several weeks as he's out of the country for a while. Thanks again.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if you're merely using it for evaluation, and jsut for a few hours... Why not just "get" a version of w7... IF YOU KNOW WAT I MEAN... *mister bean face*

Tags
autoencode, batcher, megui