Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th February 2011, 20:51   #9101  |  Link
pacaveli211

---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. Up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1
---------------------
RipBot264.ini
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 21:01   #9102  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. Up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1
---------------------
RipBot264.ini
Ok thanks. I found that and it is enabled like you show above. I moved x264_x86.exe to a temp folder to see if it would work without it but it doesn't. Thanks again.
CrazyBricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 23:05   #9103  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup318 View Post
afonic:
So if I do have a receiver that decodes DTS-MA and Dolby-THD, I need to manually demux the m2ts, have ripbot encode the video (without audio) and then use mkvmerge to join the 'raw' audio and the encoded video together, to get the full audio experience? Hmm... doesn't sound too bad, just an extra two steps.
Yes, just demux with tsMuxeR, encode with Ripbot264 (or Handbrake) the video and then mux with mkvmerge.

If you will convert Blu-rays regularly I have found that DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper greates nice quality MKV files, with CUDA support (much faster than Ripbot if you have nVidia card) and will copy the DTS-HD intact.
afonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 01:37   #9104  |  Link
DJ-1

ok, well i kinda sorted out the .dll thing, i coudnt get the file to register at all, but I`m not getting the error from eac32 when selecting flac anyhow

couple of things i noticed:

1:is there proper way of pointing to specific `Default` output/working DIRs ?

2: am i wrong for thinking i should have an option .flac output, when selecting flac before it demuxes source ?

cheers
DJ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 03:52   #9105  |  Link
8ternity

I've got..:

■ Windows 7 Profesionnal 64bit;
■ WD SSD Drive 128GB
■ Amd Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHZ Black Edition
■ 8GB DDR2 800MGZ 2X Dual Kit

With this setup, conversion time for 720P to 1080P in AVCHD BD5/BD9 is between 2.5HRS to 6,5 hrs MAX!

Here two movies in example (720P DVD5 & 720P DVD9);

I've saved 2hrs with using SSD drive; ripbot264 are installed in this drive, buth conversion is under a 1TB SATA2 drive.

Last edited by 8ternity; 13th February 2011 at 03:55.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 03:57   #9106  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-1 View Post
ok, well i kinda sorted out the .dll thing, i coudnt get the file to register at all, but I`m not getting the error from eac32 when selecting flac anyhow

couple of things i noticed:

1:is there proper way of pointing to specific `Default` output/working DIRs ?

2: am i wrong for thinking i should have an option .flac output, when selecting flac before it demuxes source ?

cheers
1: Edit Ripbot264.ini; >> change the value that i've show you my ini configs.
Code:
---------------------
//Directory must exists!!! D:\movies\ is correct but D:\movies is incorrect!
DefaultOutputPath=E:\BLURAY\
Old 13th February 2011, 08:26   #9107  |  Link
alfixdvd

I run version 1.16.4 over an avi file with AC3 audio, and I get:

Can't open "G:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs"

External Exception C000071C

The file exists on the directory.

What's wrong?

Last edited by alfixdvd; 13th February 2011 at 09:39.
alfixdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 16:26   #9108  |  Link
nst6563

would it be possible to include an option in the next version to encode an entire folder full of files?

I've tried Mediacoder for this as it supports it as well as cuda based encoding...but it's crap. It's dressed up nicely...but still crap. The results are blockiness and files that generally end up LARGER than the original. If i try to keep the same bitrate as the original, there is tons of blocks and ghosting. Total waste of time.

Also tried DVDFab as it has Cuda support as well...same thing. File size was the same/larger...and quality was not as good.

Why Cuda based encoding is such crap is beyond me.

Ripbot gets it right every time and all I have to do is add the movie and select the ipad profile. It would just make it more convenient if it had the ability to be given a folder and it would enumerate the files within.
nst6563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 17:00   #9109  |  Link
pacaveli211

yeah I wouldn't trust my HD encoding to anything other than x264
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 17:43   #9110  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst6563 View Post
Also tried DVDFab as it has Cuda support as well...same thing. File size was the same/larger...and quality was not as good.
Supporting CUDA is very difficult programing-wise. That is why most encoders are still way behind x264.

However I have found that DVDFab in high quality mode, using CUDA, provides nice files, in about half the time x264 does.

The file sizes are not standard, as DVD Fab calculates just video bitrate - size and then adds audio.
Old 13th February 2011, 18:04   #9111  |  Link
nst6563

I just ran a file (spongebob episode) through dvdfab and was watching GPU-Z and when run through high quality mode(2pass) there was no GPU usage on my 8800gts or GTX260. It did encode fast...but roughly the same speed as ripbot on the same file.

Given that, Ripbot still produced better results.

Hell if I had the skills I'd love to help out on the Cuda side of encoding. It would be awesome to see HD content encoded using both CPU and GPU and getting FPS in the hundreds.

Anyway, I still think the idea of folder support in Ripbot would be useful for more people than just myself. I wouldn't think it's that hard to implement either...but then again, I'm just familiar with vbscript and vb.net... I have no clue how Ripbot is coded to handle things.
Old 13th February 2011, 22:33   #9112  |  Link
DJ-1

i got a copy of dvdfab 8 to see what its like, since i have a GT260 CUDA card in my PC,

the name of the program is Dvdfab 8, but there were `Bluray ripping` options in the options panel.

I assume theres a seperate app called `Dvdfab Bluray ripper`

i hope its not what i`ve been looking at so far as it takes around 5mins just to launch the app!, each option change in the set-up panel needs an application restart, only to find it HASN`T applied the setting at al........Bloody awfull !!
DJ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 03:43   #9113  |  Link
ArieS1204

Hello, I'm fairly new to Ripbot and I have a question.
What exactly is the new option Core for the audio?
I'm trying to back up my BD of Eternal Sunshine... from 1080p to 720p.
I added 2 different jobs in my queue:
1. I did not choose Core but 5.1 aften AC3 640 kbps. Choosing 2 pass with a target size of 6 gigs I get 7133 kbps (frames?)
Looking in the job folder I see the audio file is 3.46 gigs.

2. I chose Core. Selecting 2 pass with a target of 6 gigs gives me 6243 kbps. Looking in the job folder, the audio file is only 1.13 gigs.

So what is Core? Is it the lossy dts track on the BD? And seeing the size of it, is it less than 640 kbps? I'm confused...
Looking at my 2 examples, am I right to assume option number 1 will give me the best audio?
I would try both but considering a job takes about 18-20 hours, that seems like a waste just for a test.

Thanks in advance...
ArieS1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 06:20   #9114  |  Link
nst6563

I haven't used the new Core option, but I would assume it's for the HD audio track - I'm probably wrong tho

As for your test, drop the settings to something totally awful. I do that when doing a test encode on titles which seem to be difficult for whatever reason (I think District 9 was being obnoxious due to subtitles). I dropped all settings to minimum and let it run. I went from the avg 6-10fps on a Bluray title to the 60's. Once I got the subs the way I wanted, I cranked up the settings and did a final encode. 2-3 hours is a lot easier to waste than 18-20
Old 14th February 2011, 11:52   #9115  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArieS1204 View Post
Hello, I'm fairly new to Ripbot and I have a question.
What exactly is the new option Core for the audio?
I'm trying to back up my BD of Eternal Sunshine... from 1080p to 720p.
I added 2 different jobs in my queue:
1. I did not choose Core but 5.1 aften AC3 640 kbps. Choosing 2 pass with a target size of 6 gigs I get 7133 kbps (frames?)
Looking in the job folder I see the audio file is 3.46 gigs.

2. I chose Core. Selecting 2 pass with a target of 6 gigs gives me 6243 kbps. Looking in the job folder, the audio file is only 1.13 gigs.

So what is Core? Is it the lossy dts track on the BD? And seeing the size of it, is it less than 640 kbps? I'm confused...
Looking at my 2 examples, am I right to assume option number 1 will give me the best audio?
I would try both but considering a job takes about 18-20 hours, that seems like a waste just for a test.

Thanks in advance...
Yes it is the lossy track of DTS. But it shouldn't be that small, it usually is around 1500kbps check your original BD.

Also read:
http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu...-how-to-rip-it
Old 14th February 2011, 13:48   #9116  |  Link
tommytinkroom

Ouch!

Been trying to encode "Van Helsing" with ripbot after ripping with Anydvd HD.But when demuxing it gets to 66% and two little alerts come up saying ouch!,so i ok both of them and they disappear.
The demuxing starts again gets to 100% and then shows "not responding" with no new job.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same alerts come up at 66%.I also have all the relevant codecs,and i ripped the "Van Helsing"for a second time in case it was a bad rip and i'm using the latest ripbot version.Really grateful for any help.
tommytinkroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 14:15   #9117  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Been trying to encode "Van Helsing" with ripbot after ripping with Anydvd HD.But when demuxing it gets to 66% and two little alerts come up saying ouch!,so i ok both of them and they disappear.
The demuxing starts again gets to 100% and then shows "not responding" with no new job.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same alerts come up at 66%.I also have all the relevant codecs,and i ripped the "Van Helsing"for a second time in case it was a bad rip and i'm using the latest ripbot version.Really grateful for any help.
Hi,

Demux manually with tsMuxeR and then add the audio and video tracks in Ripbot.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:23   #9118  |  Link
alfixdvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfixdvd View Post
I run version 1.16.4 over an avi file with AC3 audio, and I get:

Can't open "G:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs"

External Exception C000071C

The file exists on the directory.

What's wrong?
I answer to myself: the problem was on Avisynth version : it must be 2.5.8
alfixdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 15:32   #9119  |  Link
tommytinkroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonic View Post
Hi,

Demux manually with tsMuxeR and then add the audio and video tracks in Ripbot.
Hi afonic,Thanks for your reply.I made a mistake in my first post when i said i ripped it with Anydvd HD I did'nt i had the movie in iso format.
I then opened it in power iso and extracted the main movie to a folder.
I tried your suggestion of demuxing using tsmuxer,but when i add the file it says some files are missing and unsupported data,but i carried on then this error shows.
tommytinkroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 15:58   #9120  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytinkroom View Post
Hi afonic,Thanks for your reply.I made a mistake in my first post when i said i ripped it with Anydvd HD I did'nt i had the movie in iso format.
I then opened it in power iso and extracted the main movie to a folder.
I tried your suggestion of demuxing using tsmuxer,but when i add the file it says some files are missing and unsupported data,but i carried on then this error shows.
Hi,

what do you mean with main movie? This is what I would do in your case:

-Extract ALL the data with PowerISO.
-Run BDInfo, load your BDMV folder to see which playlist contains the movie.
-Load that playlist in tsMuxeR and demux all the streams you need. (check the attachment for the correct settings)
-Load the demuxed streams in Ripbot and encode.

You can find downloads for all the tools you need here.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360