Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 28th July 2022, 20:36   #381  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
@StainlessS
Look how your beloved robot replaced his "innocent" post with ad.
[10£ per month for some crap ]
How terribly perceptive of you, It did not occur to me at all the the guy/gal/gadget was as robot. [from original post content]

Espinosa, just do as VX says, from eg VDub2, set codec to eg Ut_Video [lossless code] and save as result of QTGMC to AVi,
otherwise QTGMC deinterlaced twice, is twice as slow.
[InPaintDelogo scans file twice, so it would have to deintelace twice if all done in single script].

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th July 2022 at 20:44.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2022, 20:58   #382  |  Link
Espinosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
Maybe there is not enough memory, try "Medium" instead of "Slower". Why you don't want to deinterlace to lossless file?
You didn't answered how you got those masks you posted there.
No, it's not memory. I checked memory consumption in real time while running the script and 40% of it was free.

When you write "lossless file" I interpret it as "Let one script crop the video and deinterlace it, after that encode it losslessly. After that use that lossless file in another script as an input and do additional processing, including InpaintDelogo". To me this seems necessary only in case that deinterlacing can't be followed by InpaintDelogo but I don't see why such a limitation would exist. If my interpretation is not correct then please explain what you mean by "deinterlace to lossless file".

I created that base mask manually and ebmp file I got after running InpaintDelogo using the parameters from your first example. I used Yadif to deinterlace the video file.

Now I tried my script with QTGMC followed by InpaintDelogo in Virtual Dub and it works. I still don't know why it doesn't work with MeGUI. In MeGUI I can see a preview but when I try to start encoding it crashes. It looks like a problem with the encoder but it's updated and this is the first time I see such a behavior so I have no idea why that happens.
Espinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2022, 21:07   #383  |  Link
Espinosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Espinosa, just do as VX says, from eg VDub2, set codec to eg Ut_Video [lossless code] and save as result of QTGMC to AVi,
otherwise QTGMC deinterlaced twice, is twice as slow.
[InPaintDelogo scans file twice, so it would have to deintelace twice if all done in single script].
I prefer to understand things than simply do as someone says. Since it works in VirtualDub it means that crashing has nothing to do with QTGMC-InpaintDelogo relationship. As for computational efficiency, I have no idea what InpaintDelogo does internally so I'm confused why deinterlacing happens two times.
Old 28th July 2022, 21:32   #384  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espinosa View Post
No, it's not memory. I checked memory consumption in real time while running the script and 40% of it was free.
It's not about whole memory, it's about memory per process, 2GB is a limit for 32bits, I think.

Quote:
When you write "lossless file" I interpret it as "Let one script crop the video and deinterlace it, after that encode it losslessly. After that use that lossless file in another script as an input and do additional processing, including InpaintDelogo". To me this seems necessary only in case that deinterlacing can't be followed by InpaintDelogo but I don't see why such a limitation would exist. If my interpretation is not correct then please explain what you mean by "deinterlace to lossless file".
There is no such limitation, just saving your time when video is/can be parsed many times and you have a heavy filter above InpainDelogo. Most of the mask creation options parse whole video, that means all filters above InpaintDelogo are processed too. So, with lossless file you deinterlace only once, btw lossless encoding is very fast.

Quote:
I created that base mask manually and ebmp file I got after running InpaintDelogo using the parameters from your first example. I used Yadif to deinterlace the video file.
Like here, you wasted time deinterlacing it, now you need to deinterlace again.
Maybe that mask wasn't so good because you used inferior deinterlacer, I dunno.

You can try Analyze=1, maybe you'll get better masks.
Code:
InpaintDelogo( mask="D:\mask.bmp", Loc="1170,44,-0,-950", Mode="Both", Analyze=1, dPP=4, oTune=-5)

Last edited by VoodooFX; 28th July 2022 at 21:36.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2022, 21:48   #385  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
It did not occur to me at all the the guy/gal/gadget was as robot. [from original post content].
Yeah, bots are getting smarter, now they search forums for suitable threads to post targeted ads.
They can be spotted by semi-stupid posts, sometimes they make posts without ads just to build-up human like "ego" and then after few months starts posting targeted ads.

Last edited by VoodooFX; 28th July 2022 at 22:00.
Old 4th August 2022, 20:03   #386  |  Link
Eshraq Rahman

Hi
I am new to programming as well as to converting hardcoded subtitles to images and then convert them to srt. I have provided the screenshot of the error when I run the script. If anyone could help with the error I would be really appreciate it.

Thank you

Eshraq Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2022, 20:07   #387  |  Link
Eshraq Rahman

Screenshot of script and error

I have attached a screenshot of the script and the error message
Attached Images

Old 4th August 2022, 23:19   #388  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Upload your image to Imgur or similar site.

Last edited by VoodooFX; 5th August 2022 at 07:54.
Old 5th August 2022, 12:03   #389  |  Link
Eshraq Rahman

https://imgur.com/fOEcvaT
Old 5th August 2022, 13:37   #390  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshraq Rahman View Post
This error is because GRunT is missing, install all required plugins.
Old 6th August 2022, 13:54   #391  |  Link
Espinosa

Quote:
There is no such limitation, just saving your time when video is/can be parsed many times and you have a heavy filter above InpainDelogo. Most of the mask creation options parse whole video, that means all filters above InpaintDelogo are processed too. So, with lossless file you deinterlace only once, btw lossless encoding is very fast.
Well, you could have written that the real reason is computational efficiency and it would be enough to understand. However, I still can't figure out why all filters above InpaintDelogo need to be executed. Can you explain on one example the order of execution when InpaintDelogo follows QTGMC?

Quote:
I always use a very short sequence of frames to test a script before I get the final version, so it's not problematic.
Old 6th August 2022, 16:27   #392  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Well, you could have written that the real reason is computational efficiency and it would be enough to understand.
Isn't obvious that deinterlacing once is more efficient that deinterlacing same thing multiple times?

Quote:
However, I still can't figure out why all filters above InpaintDelogo need to be executed.
Because those filters stands between InpaintDelogo and video source. That's how Avisynth works, all filters above any filter are executed.

Quote:
I always use a very short sequence of frames to test a script before I get the final version, so it's not problematic.
You could write that, there was no way to know that you posted useless masks, problem is that I wasted time on useless tasks.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:46   #393  |  Link
Espinosa

Quote:
Isn't obvious that deinterlacing once is more efficient that deinterlacing same thing multiple times?

Because those filters stands between InpaintDelogo and video source. That's how Avisynth works, all filters above any filter are executed.

You could write that, there was no way to know that you posted useless masks, problem is that I wasted time on useless tasks.
Ugh, seems like we always misunderstand each other.

My main question is why does it deinterlace twice? There is one QTGMC call and it does deinterlacing. What part of the code calls it for the second time?

"...need to be executed twice" - I forgot "twice".

I don't understand where your arrogance comes from but that's your problem anyway. Masks which I uploaded I got using your parameters, not mine. I came here to ask for help and turns out I'm blamed that "my masks are useless". If helping random users of your script is useless task then you have a wrong motivation for your work.
Old 6th August 2022, 20:05   #394  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
My main question is why does it deinterlace twice? There is one QTGMC call and it does deinterlacing. What part of the code calls it for the second time?
You got answer to that multiple times, I think, now I don't have time to reread posts.
Second [or last n-th] time is when you do encode, encoder calls it.

Quote:
I don't understand where your arrogance comes from but that's your problem anyway. Masks which I uploaded I got using your parameters, not mine. I came here to ask for help and turns out I'm blamed that "my masks are useless". If helping random users of your script is useless task then you have a wrong motivation for your work.
You asked for help - you got the answer, masks you uploaded you got doing your own things out there, not the things you got as answer.
Don't perceive conversations with strangers online as some feelings, what you perceived as "blaming" I would describe as a sarcastic answer.
I would call "arrogance" when you complain about free things on internet. I didn't knew that helping random users is my work, I'll write that to my resume. I would like to hear your perception about the motivations.

PS
Maybe I'm bad at it, let's try again:

Quote:
Quote:
So you waste time deinterlacing it + more time waste "to test".
Old 8th August 2022, 11:40   #395  |  Link
Eshraq Rahman

Quote:
This error is because GRunT is missing, install all required plugins.
Thank you
Old 8th August 2022, 12:06   #396  |  Link
Eshraq Rahman

How to extract subtitles which are of two colors ?

How to extract subtitles which are of two colors on each line and also don't display at once instead shows up like you are typing the subtitles
Attached Images

Old 8th August 2022, 17:59   #397  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshraq Rahman View Post
How to extract subtitles which are of two colors on each line and also don't display at once instead shows up like you are typing the subtitles
Without video sample I can't tell.
Old 9th August 2022, 11:02   #398  |  Link
Eshraq Rahman

Video link attached

Quote:
Without video sample I can't tell.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj8vvEW_e-AYlX0I...ytZuy?e=FR9HYl
Old 9th August 2022, 21:53   #399  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Always share sample from original video, anyway, those blue subs are hardly visible, so you can't extract them.

EDIT:
Theoretically you can extract them, but OCR engines won't recognize what is written there...

Last edited by VoodooFX; 11th August 2022 at 17:18.
Old 11th August 2022, 14:05   #400  |  Link
evafans

Thank you, your script works perfect for characters with halo, but for English sub without halo, the characters often miss. Which mask do you recommend? Or is there a well-adjusted setting?
This is my setting for now, It seems fine, does it need any changes? Dyntune seems to be the key parameter to keep character complete, is there other parameter that I can use?
\ DynMask=4, DynTune=200,
\ DynMask4H=110,
\Extract=1, Show=4,

Last edited by evafans; 11th August 2022 at 14:16.
evafans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delogo, hardsubs, ocr, remove, watermark