Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo

Old 15th June 2015, 16:27   #1  |  Link
rel

DVB Dream - Windows TV Software for Digital-TV (DVB/ISDB/ATSC) cards & devices

DVB Dream - Windows TV Application

DVB Dream is DVB player with many nice and unique features (more below), it supports standards DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, ISDB-S, ISDB-T (more below).

Features:
- Multi PIP (19+1, watch a few channels at the same time)
- Multi recording (record more than 1 channel at the same time)
- UHD(4K)/HD/HEVC/H264 support
- Timeshift
- LAN Streaming
- VLC or MPC Integration
- Auto-zap
- Unique channel list system (grouping/ordering by several flexible options)
- Favorite channels
- Quick Favorites
- Child lock
- Embedded aspect ratio modes
- Cropping / Zoom
- Sleep timer
- Record timer
- EPG
- OSD
- Scheduler
- Render-less mode
- Internal graph building
- Multi monitor support
- Command line support
- Network Scan
- Raw Diseqc commands support
- Plugins support
- Preffered languages
- Uncommitted switches support
- Unicable support
- Positioner support(including GotoX.X / USALS)
- Snapshot feature
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Remote control support
- Themes
- 29 languages support

EPG Plus Module : TV Guide

Latest Version / What is new:

v2.7 (06.06.2015)
Added ATSC support for BDA devices (experimental, please report on forum if you still cannot get DD to work with ATSC)
Added support for TBS 6205 DVB-T/T2 DVB-C, TBS 6001 DVB-S/S2, TBS 6905
New feature: Codec Downloader
Some fixes for AAC (LATM/LOAS & ADTS streams are handled differently now, and HE-AAC should work well)
Resolution, chroma and Progressive/Interlaced/MBAFF type info is now displayed for all MPEG2, H264(AVC), H265(HEVC) channels
Video bitrate is now calculated on the fly (displayed on status bar)
Some TS record related problems have been fixed
Fixed some LAN streaming deadlock problems
Fixed aspect ratio problems with MadVR (please make sure you install the latest version of MadVR)
* New theme: Win10 by Bader
* You can use Microsoft codecs or LAV filters for AAC audio
* Please contact us about problems on forum, we are ready to help & work together to fix things.
* This version might change your codec configuration after installing, please re-configure afterwards as you wish. Depending on the codecs you use, you might need to disable/enable "Reset DS after ch-change" option in video options to make channel changes problem-free/fast. If you are a Windows 7 user, please use we recommend Microsoft codecs instead of LAV codecs.
v2.7.1 (12.06.2015)
FIXED: Lost channels were not getting displayed after scan
FIXED: DVB-T support was broken by ATSC changes
CA System (crypto type) filter option for channel list (CTRL + L)
* When you need to find the channels which you can decrypt by using your subscription card/plugins etc, you might simply open up channel list options (CTRL + L) and select the CA System your system/plugins can decode. For example, pick "All" (All satellites) on the top of channel list, then pick "PowerVU" from the CA list combobox to find / list all PowerVU channels on your scanned satellites
* We provide free life-time DVB Dream full version licenses/serial keys for programmers who develop MDAPI plugin, DD Module, DD device interface for them to test their add-ons on DD freely. Please contact us on forum. We are ready to support your ideas & work. New add-on API functions can be implemented if necessary.

www.dvbdream.org

Older DVB Dream thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=113377

Last edited by rel; 15th June 2015 at 17:16.
rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 15:30   #2  |  Link
manolito

I have been using DVBDream quite a bit when it still was freeware. A few rough edges, but very usable.

When they decided to make DVBDream payware I looked for alternatives. There are some good free alternatives (ProgDVB, SmartDVB), but I finally decided to buy DVBViewer, and I never looked back.

When it comes to features, stability and support, DVBViewer leaves DVBDream in the dust. The price for DVBDream is ridiculously high (49 USD) compared to DVBViewer (20 EUR after a recent increase).

What bugs me most about DVBDream is their attitude toward paying customers. The following quote is from their forum rules:

Quote:
- When you pay for DVB Dream, you only buy the program. Support or help is not included. (Developers have no time for that, unfortunately!) So you need to make sure DD works well and you can use it without problem before you buy. However you can always post your problems on DD community forum to get help of other users. Just don't expect your problems will always be solved or your feature request will always be implemented...

- You can not make comments on DD price, and you can not compare DD to other programs, on this forum.

- If you don't get an answer to your problem/bug report/any forum post, you have no right to complain.
This is extremely rude towards customers, and at least the statement that support or help is not included is probably illegal in many countries. I would never buy anything from a company with this attitude...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 19th June 2015 at 17:50.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 22:12   #3  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
...but I finally decided to buy DVBViewer, and I never looked back.
Same here!

And don't let yourself be fooled by the "special" edition of DVBViewer that's included with some TV cards. I got this too with my TV card and it was completely unusable. Not only was the interface clunky like hell, also the video simply didn't play smooth. And because there were no options available at all in the "special" edition, nothing could be done about this. The "full" version is totally different and works flawlessly for me. And they finally added MadVR support recently
Old 24th June 2015, 22:48   #4  |  Link
Mounir

Dvbviewer Pro all the way !
Mounir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 23:07   #5  |  Link
stax76

DVDViewer has a impressive feature set and maturity no doubt, still it lacks IMO the single most important feature which is error free MP4 recording.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 05:31   #6  |  Link
manolito

Then are you aware of any other capturing software which offers this?

Whenever you capture TV broadcasts (no matter if it is DVB-S/S2 or DVB-T) there will be some transmission glitches eventually. Nothing you can do about it. Transmitting the streams as Transport Streams (as opposed to Program Streams) makes sure the the receiver will not go out of sync after such glitches, but the glitches are still there.

For MPEG2 Transport Streams the workflow to treat these TS captures has always been to convert them to Program Streams first (ProjectX, PVAStrumento, Womble and probably some other tools).

For HD captures (AVC, soon to come HEVC) the only tool I am aware of which can fix the captured files to a certain degree is TSDoctor. Maybe someone can develop a HD capture software which incorporates the routines which TSDoctor uses, but so far I have not seen any effort into this direction.

And there is the basic question if it is possible at all to correct broadcasting glitches in realtime on the fly. I have my doubts...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 26th June 2015 at 07:12.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 08:51   #7  |  Link
stax76

it's possible I guess, apparently TS is difficult
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote