Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:42   #5  |  Link
stellargellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru1968 View Post
just to prevent any mis-interpretation:

my post was in no way ment discriminating!!!

I only wanted to say, that if english-spelling is sometimes hard even for native speakers/writers, how hard could this be for foreigners...

For me as a non-native speakers I do my best to make my sentences understandable; if I don't know the spelling of a certain word I could a) look it up in a dictionary, or b) describe it using simpler words!
What is the sense in perfekt high-educated sentences, if most of the readers had to search most of the vocabulary in their dictionairies?

I appreciate the use of this tool! I only wish in some german forums, that their users also use tools like this / Oh boys, It's sometimes more a guess 'what is it? what could he have ment by these fractals of words?'
This really takes the fun out of reading the posts...
Sometimes it's spelling impaired -- but of course not always, sometimes its a crap keyboard with not-responding keys, sometimes its a fast-as-hell typer, faster than the keyboard reacts...

just my few words

gr33tz,
guru
i know some friends who type wayyy too fast that their words are practically gibberish. i'm also not a native-speaker, and also take no offense in what you said. but thanks for clarifying it. hopefully, a lot of people would be mindful about spelling their words correctly not solely for grammatical purposes, but also for the sake of those reading the posts.
stellargellar is offline   Reply With Quote