Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2010, 16:44   #12061  |  Link
clsid

The issue without DXVA is a fixable bug, one that I have also reported already long ago. This is one of the reasons why ffdshow is superior to the basic internal decoder.
Old 28th February 2010, 16:48   #12062  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The issue without DXVA is a fixable bug, one that I have also reported already long ago. This is one of the reasons why ffdshow is superior to the basic internal decoder.
Ok for the issue without DXVA but I'm not sure, do you imply that the issue with DXVA is not fixable ?
Old 28th February 2010, 19:12   #12063  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
@THX-UltraII: Change the renderer to Haali or EVR or enable Frame time correction.
EVR gives the same result as EVR custom, Haali is greyed out and how do I enable frame time correction?
Old 28th February 2010, 19:22   #12064  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Do you mean this bug?
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/77

If so can you guys add comments to update the available information as described here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc..._Report_Issues
Old 28th February 2010, 20:27   #12065  |  Link
X-Dron

2 somy
Pls, post your settings of CCC profiles and MPC-HC in my private. I'll try reproduce.
But it will take same time. I have another TODOs (see below) and not enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARJunior View Post
@ X-Dron
Is there a way to be able to select custom resolution (defined from Nvidia control panel) in autochange configuration tool ?
I think yes.

---------------------------------------------
TODO in FIFO order.
1. Customizable OSD size
2. "File not found" when double click on the file in the playlist after "search in folder" and programm restart. (MPC-HC's path adds to file's net path, for example "C:\Users\X-Dron\Desktop\//MMC/Films/mults/Barbi.2009.avi")
3. Customizable switch off for "search in folder"
4. somy's issue
Old 28th February 2010, 20:27   #12066  |  Link
XhmikosR

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
EVR gives the same result as EVR custom, Haali is greyed out and how do I enable frame time correction?
You need to install Haali splitter in order to use its renderer. Frame time correction is in Renderer Settings-->Presentation. You should only enable this for this video and not leave it enabled all the time.
Old 28th February 2010, 20:30   #12067  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
Do you mean this bug?
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/77

If so can you guys add comments to update the available information as described here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc..._Report_Issues
I've asked a few days ago about this bug but I have not get any answer yet :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
About ticket #77 "[MPEG4] mod16 resolution not supported with all renderers", should we read "mod16 resolution" or "non mod16 resolution" ? And is [MPEG4] MPEG4 ASP or H264 or both ?

I've another bug to report which may be the same than this one so I want to be sure ...
Old 1st March 2010, 08:20   #12068  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Has anyone here more than 1 video card in system, different video card ???
Old 1st March 2010, 08:24   #12069  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
At the same time?
Old 1st March 2010, 08:56   #12070  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
At the same time?
Yes - as me(GTX 260 + GT 220).
Old 1st March 2010, 10:40   #12071  |  Link
somy

X-Dron,

Thanks for your help!
The image below shows monitor settings in CCC, and as you can see both my TV and PC monitor are connected, but I only enable the PC monitor:

Then go to display proerties, it shows my PC monitor only support 59HZ and 60HZ at 1920*1200:

When I open MPC-HC and try to configure auto refresh changer, the list contains all the modes from my TV with resolution 1920*1080 and 24HZ, 25HZ, 50HZ etc:

I used the following to CCC profile to switch between TV mode and PC mode:
http://www.maimuzi.com/HTPC/pc.xml
http://www.maimuzi.com/HTPC/tv.xml

Let me know if you need more information, thanks a lot in advance!!
Old 1st March 2010, 11:32   #12072  |  Link
Jong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
@testuo55 & ar-jar,

Can I ask you to take a look at this thread over @AVS Forums. Please read down the rest of the page from the linked post. If you were bored you could also read back over the last 48 hours of posts; Especially this.

I have not really seen any other discussion on this around Doom or AVS Forums but it does appear that Overlay on W7 has been substantially improved and commercial Blu-ray players are using this to almost spectacular effect, almost by accident. Even PDVD7 seems to benefit and I am sure it does not have W7 support built in.

I know it is not EVR sync related but, ar-jar, as our resident renderer dev () it may be there is something simple that can be done to assure a greatly improved Overlay renderer on W7. It may be many of these benefits are already there for some cards (or even all, it is a bit early to say)! Worth a look I think.
Having been round the houses on this it seems that TMT (and probably the other commercial players) use EVR in conjunction with an overlay surface. This is completely different to the way Overlay Mixer is used currently and looks like it allows everything to be pre-rendered using EVR but displayed without expansion, and sometimes re-compression to video levels, which introduces noticeable banding. So this could be an optional add-on to EVR sync, much like the current "Use D3D Fullscreen" option, that would replace a large chunk of the reason for MadVR, which still does not support subtitles and/or DVD Menus and which Madshi currently cannot support.

By the way ar-jar, I think this is the reason why Reclock can use vsync correction with PDVD Blu-ray, not because it is using some fancy triple buffered EVR without D3D as I had suspected - its final surface is an overlay, so can be controlled independently in the way Reclock vsync was originally intended.

Last edited by Jong; 1st March 2010 at 12:23.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:59   #12073  |  Link
Phaser

Quote:
Added code such that the player loads (if any) the file "toolbar.bmp" to get the icons for the toolbar (play, pause, etc) buttons; else it uses built-in icons;
I see svn1718 has support for custom toolbar icons... Does anyone have a template for "toolbar.bmp"?

[Later edit] I did one myself (based on some foobar icons). Hope to see some better ones....

Attached Files
File Type: zip toolbar.zip (7.1 KB, 745 views)

Last edited by Phaser; 1st March 2010 at 19:55.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:06   #12074  |  Link
Mike5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
So this could be an optional add-on to EVR sync, much like the current "Use D3D Fullscreen" option, that would replace a large chunk of the reason for MadVR, which still does not support subtitles and/or DVD Menus and which Madshi currently cannot support.
This could be a valuable option for correct levels passtrough and no banding, but not for madVR superior chroma upsampling, not to mention c3dlut.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:22   #12075  |  Link
parsifal

Hello guys. Up until some days ago, I was using a 1400something SVN build of MPC-HC and changed to one of the latest builds (1701, to be exact). I noticed that when MPC-HC reaches the end of playback, the OSD message "Pause" no longer appears. Can anyone confirm that or could it be a glitch in my setup? Thanks!
Old 1st March 2010, 18:59   #12076  |  Link
Jong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
This could be a valuable option for correct levels passtrough and no banding, but not for madVR superior chroma upsampling, not to mention c3dlut.
Yes, I realise it is not a complete replacement.
Old 1st March 2010, 19:41   #12077  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
I'm using a Radeon 5870 to play games together with a Radeon 4850 to watch videos...

Why do you ask?

np: Thomas Meinecke & Move D - Track 01 (Work)
Old 1st March 2010, 19:47   #12078  |  Link
Px
>>^^__^^<<

Quote:
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=10:46049-52#1718
Old 1st March 2010, 20:03   #12079  |  Link
somy

Also to mention the supurior 16bits scaling algorithms provided by MadVR.
Jong, with HD4XXX I believe Overlay behaves the same as commercial players(both output untouched YUV 0-255). I tried with my old HD4850, and it produces exactly the same result as PowerDVD, so I'm suggesting this can be a hardware or driver issue.
I've mentioned this several times in this forum, but nobody believes me. Please see my posts:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...29#post1371829
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...42#post1372642
Old 1st March 2010, 20:47   #12080  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
You need to install Haali splitter in order to use its renderer. Frame time correction is in Renderer Settings-->Presentation. You should only enable this for this video and not leave it enabled all the time.

This options solved the problem!!
Why can t I use it for all my video? It seems to work fine.....

And any thoughts anyone about the other issue I have (ati ccc related):
when switching to my Projector profile (1920x1080@23,976Hz) I always have to manually go to the ati CCC and choose 23Hz and apply this. Tried to save the profile at that moment but it doesn t get remembered by the CCC. Switching to my monitor and than back to my Projector profile again displays 24Hz. So I always have to go to the CCC and choose 23Hz and apply before running my HD movies. Is there a workaround for this or am I doing something wrong here?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc