Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2009, 08:26   #10261  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivahl View Post
Anybody tried compiling w/ Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2?
Done a quick test yesterday, compilation didn't works with VS2010. I suspect some troubles during project migration (especially on the output lib path for dependent projects)
Old 28th October 2009, 08:29   #10262  |  Link
avivahl

Alright... the linking issues I experienced might have to do w/ the fact I'm compiling w/ Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2. I got the same messages using both komisar's 4.3.4 AND the 4.3.3 custom install you guys linked to in the Compilation.txt. I might try the workaround people suggest on Google (modifying the libmingwex.a lib) later on today.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:42   #10263  |  Link
komisar

Hi, guys. What is the minimum requirements to reproduce "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp____lc_codepage referenced in function _wcsrtombs"?
Enough simple "configure && make"?

I will try to fix my mingw toolchain...

Last edited by komisar; 28th October 2009 at 09:52.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:00   #10264  |  Link
mariner

Greetings Casimir. I guess you did not get to read my earlier post, so here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner View Post
Greetings Casimir.

Arcsoft Video Decoder connectivity issue

Arcsoft has added support for media type {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} in its latest decoder (version 160) for VC-1 contents, but the decoder is not getting loaded in MPC. MPC defaults to WMVideo Decoder DMO even when Arcsoft decoder is set to preferred in the external codec list. If WMVideo Decoder DMO is disabled, MPC complains about not finding a suitable decoder.

The new Arcsoft Video Decoder connects with MPC Source filter as well as other source/splitters in Graphedit and other DS players. For some reason it gets ignored in MPC. Would appreciate if you could kindly look into this issue.

Many thanks and best regards.

PS:
Did you also get a chance to look at my earlier post?
Quote:
1920x1080x60p H264 mp4 playback problem, build 1290

Greetings Casimir.

1. Thanks for your continuing effort to improve MPC. Playback of 1920x1080x60p

h264 mp4 content no longer gives a back screen with Arcsoft MP4 Splitter/MPC

Decoder, but drops half the frames and plays at 30fps.

Using the internal splitter/MPC Decoder still produces a black screen.

2. The source frame rate reported by the OSD is somewhat suspect, as you can see

from the caps. It reports 59.937 with internal splitter, and 25.00 when MS

decoder is used. Hope you'll look into this.

3. Is there a reason the internal Matroska Splitter shares the same

clsid as Arcsoft Martroska Source filter -
{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4} ?

4. It seems that internal filters are no longer used when external filters are

set to preferred. Is this the correct behavior? I have always thought that

internals filters are always used when selected, regardless of the external

filters setting. Has this been changed?

Tested on Win 7 using EVR/CP.

Many thanks and best regards.

Quote:
1440x1080x60p VC1 WMV playback problem, build 1290.

Greetings Casimir.

Just to let you know the internal MPC Video Decoder had problem with the above in

DXVA mode.

Tested fine with Arcsoft, MS MFT and NV MFT.

Link:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...7&postcount=63

Best regards.

Old 28th October 2009, 10:36   #10265  |  Link
THX-UltraII

any thoughts when the new MPC-HC (unofficial) build will be available with the gothsync renderer as option?
Old 28th October 2009, 11:20   #10266  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
I'm trying to compile the latest trunk and am getting the following two linker errors:

Reading google, I found out the source of this is libmingwex.a... Some suggested of getting the problematic object file out of the lib, but I'm sure there's a more elegant solution...

Did anyone encounter this problem here? I'm using GCC-4.4.2 (MinGW) by komisar.
I also got this when using GCC-4.4.1-2 by TDM.

Should I try the previous branch by the official MinGW? or is there some kind of proper workaround?
You probably have to re-create mplayerc.ru.rc in VS2010 BETA2.

VS2010 changes some include files, and the existing .rc is pointing to a function that changed names

More information here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...2z(VS.80).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...1z(VS.80).aspx
Old 28th October 2009, 12:38   #10267  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Quote:
Anybody tried compiling w/ Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2?
Don't pay attention to the VS2010 until no status RC, because much could change during this time.

p.s.
To work with VS2010, requires serious reconfiguration project MPC-HC.

Last edited by alexins; 28th October 2009 at 12:41.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:40   #10268  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
Don't pay attention to the VS2010 until no status RC, because much could change during this time.
According to the release information and licence, Beta2 is feature complete.
The licence even states "Ready for production use"

Microsoft will only be working on further performance improvements and bugs found in Beta 2 for RTM (there will not be an RC)

Last edited by tetsuo55; 28th October 2009 at 12:43.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:02   #10269  |  Link
mrtemp

when i change language from english to polish the submenu Audio and Subtitles (from right mouse button menu) does not work
in top menu everything is ok

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2996/nowy9.jpg

Last edited by mrtemp; 28th October 2009 at 14:04.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:27   #10270  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisar View Post
Hi, guys. What is the minimum requirements to reproduce "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp____lc_codepage referenced in function _wcsrtombs"?
Enough simple "configure && make"?

I will try to fix my mingw toolchain...
I wish it was a simple configure && make. In mpc-hc, they link the gcc-created libavcodec to the vs-created MPCVideoDec lib (they also link libgcc.a and libmingwex.a). Then, they link the resulted lib to the mpc-hc program.

Anyway, I ran the vs linker with the /VERBOSE flag so you'll get a log: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0burs2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
You probably have to re-create mplayerc.ru.rc in VS2010 BETA2.

VS2010 changes some include files, and the existing .rc is pointing to a function that changed names

More information here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...2z(VS.80).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...1z(VS.80).aspx
Well, I know what the link errors are. The problem is that they are originated from code inside the libmingwex.a (that comes with GCC-MinGW).
I didn't even touch/compile the resource languages projects. It's not required for basic mpc-hc.exe compilation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
According to the release information and licence, Beta2 is feature complete.
The licence even states "Ready for production use"

Microsoft will only be working on further performance improvements and bugs found in Beta 2 for RTM (there will not be an RC)
After a LOT of work on project settings and such, I got mpc-hc to compile, but not link (2 link errors left). I noticed VS2010Beta2 has some strange bugs where it freezes during compilation. Very annoying. Might actually have to wait for the RC (for it to be stable).

Last edited by avivahl; 28th October 2009 at 14:31.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:39   #10271  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
I wish it was a simple configure && make. In mpc-hc, they link the gcc-created libavcodec to the vs-created MPCVideoDec lib (they also link libgcc.a and libmingwex.a). Then, they link the resulted lib to the mpc-hc program.

Anyway, I ran the vs linker with the /VERBOSE flag so you'll get a log: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0burs2

Well, I know what the link errors are. The problem is that they are originated from code inside the libmingwex.a (that comes with GCC-MinGW).
I didn't even touch/compile the resource languages projects. It's not required for basic mpc-hc.exe compilation.

After a LOT of work on project settings and such, I got mpc-hc to compile, but not link (2 link errors left). I noticed VS2010Beta2 has some strange bugs where it freezes during compilation. Very annoying. Might actually have to wait for the RC (for it to be stable).
Good to hear about the results.

i read an MS thread about those linker errors when we tested BETA1 (no longer have the link) and MS staff said that if you recreate the rc files from vs2010 then the error would go away.

Also there are no plans for an RC, microsoft says VS2010 is finished, next release will be RTM

When you say compile but not link, does that mean you removed the file that was giving the error and have a working .exe?

EDIT:

Make sure you report all those problems to Microsoft(they have a site dedicated to vs2010 bugs) they think its stable. If you wait untill RTM to report these bugs they are unlikely to (ever) fix them.

Last edited by tetsuo55; 28th October 2009 at 14:50.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:05   #10272  |  Link
Spec-Chum

Quote:

I've spotted this:
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/forum/vie....php?f=1&t=891

I've not got 2010 installed yet, so can't test, but it looks like it may be of some use...

regards

Spec
Old 28th October 2009, 15:06   #10273  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

@ Compilers:

We should work on getting MPC-HC and FFdshow compiling under VS2010 beta2 as soon as possible.
Microsoft thinks VS2010 is stable and ready for production use, from what i'm reading on the thread this is far from the truth.

We need to report every problem encountered to microsoft now, after RTM chances of getting them fixed are slim at best.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:38   #10274  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Done a quick test yesterday, compilation didn't works with VS2010. I suspect some troubles during project migration (especially on the output lib path for dependent projects)
Just noted your reply... yep, I had to change a LOT of dependent libs to get it compiled. Also note that the global Include/Lib paths feature was removed in this new version. It is now per project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec-Chum View Post
I've spotted this:
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/forum/vie....php?f=1&t=891

I've not got 2010 installed yet, so can't test, but it looks like it may be of some use...

regards

Spec
Yep, that's exactly the same site I was talking about when I wrote "Google"... Note that they worked around the problem by modifying libmingwex.a. Not so user-friendly, I would say.

Last edited by avivahl; 28th October 2009 at 15:42.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:38   #10275  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Greetings Casimir. I guess you did not get to read my earlier post, so here it is.
Mpc matroska splitter was existing before Arsoft, if they have the same Clsid this is really weird.... (i didn't investigate on this).

When external filter are set to prefered it's normal they are use instead of internal filter (they are prefered )

I have answer for other questions. Your VC1 file is on my disk, but don't know when I'll have time to look for it.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:00   #10276  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
3. Is there a reason the internal Matroska SPlitter shares the same clsid as Arcsoft Martroska Source filter -
{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4} ?
I can confirm that the CLSID of Arcsoft Matroska Source filter (not the Arcsoft Matroska splitter) is:
{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4}
I don't know about the MPC-HC one though since I don't use it as an external filter.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:52   #10277  |  Link
clsid

Perhaps they 'borrowed' Gabest's code and forgot to change the value.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:38   #10278  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Perhaps they 'borrowed' Gabest's code and forgot to change the value.
You're right, they did it:

Code:
StringFileInfo
Comments.http://gabest.org/
CompanyName..Gabest
FileDescription..Matroska Splitter
FileVersion..1.0.0.4
InternalName.Matroska Splitter
LegalCopyright.Copyright (C) 2003-2006 Gabest
OriginalFilename.MatroskaSplitter.ax
ProductName..Matroska Splitter.4..ProductVersion.1.0.0.4
Old 29th October 2009, 00:50   #10279  |  Link
Casshern

Good to see beliyaal back,

but the change to TryLock instead of CCritSec does not work for me. Now i got tearing, before i had none with my config:

WIN 7, EVR CP, VSYNC On, Alternate Vsync On, Desktop compositon disabled, everything else off, DXVA, Radeon 2600 Pro AGP, Catalyst 9.5.

Trylock does not seem neccessary and locks the device for too long. Pre 1312 versions work perfectly!

thanks,

Casshern

P.S.: If trylock fixes something for somebody else, maybe it should be made optional

Quote:
beliyaal just committed some fixes to the trunk.

http://mpc-hc.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...&revision=1312
Old 29th October 2009, 13:46   #10280  |  Link
avivahl

@komisar: after checking some of the sources of mingwex online, I found the following file:
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi...up&cvsroot=src
It is included and used from mbrtowc.c and wcrtomb.c.
The question is: where is __lc_codepage implemented?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc