Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 14th October 2009, 22:39   #10101  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Why should I need to explain it.... if dolby site suggest that surround == side channels, then I would think software like powerdvd and mpc-hc should respect this, instead of basing mpc-hc's workings on other software?

I don't think we should verify mpc-hc's correctness against something like powerdvd or tmt anyways.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_e...ide/index.html

It clearly distinguishes that there is L and R "Surround" and L and R "Back", meaning as you seem to suggest, that powerdvd, tmt and mpc-hc are all incorrect in sending "surround" also to the "back"...... It should be sent to "Surround" or "Side" as some people call it.

I can use my Xonar to swap Back and Side in a 7.1 config, and this shows that Asus also seem to think "Surround" should mean "Side". I havn't found any reference or site to suggest otherwise... apart from the actual software that in my opinion isn't correct (ie mpc-hc, powerdvd, tmt). Of course I would be happy to be proven incorrect, in which case the likes of Asus should be contacted but Dolby seems...... like a more reliable source when it comes to this?

EDIT: Not that its more trustable, but the wikipedia page also suggests that 7.1 audio, the "surround" channels go to the sides, distinct from the "surround back" which go to the back.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surroun...olby_TrueHD.29
I don't think this is a problem of MPC-HC. It has bothered me too for ages, but ReClock or WASAPI exclusive gets around it by setting your output channels in Windows to match the source.

The problem is that ANY program that sends a 5.1 stream to the driver that is set to 7.1 output, will get its 5.1 "surround" channels mapped to the 7.1 "back-surround" channels. I'm not sure if it's a problem of drivers or of Windows, but I'm almost certain it's not the programs' fault. You can also get around it obviously by sending a 7.1 signal to the driver, with 2 blank back surround channels, which you can sometimes do if you mess with the mixer in the program itself.

I noticed that was happening with TotalMedia Theatre 3, only for TrueHD it was OK, see here for details.

With PowerDVD 8, the "HDMI" output option automatically sends out to the driver the number of channels it's getting from the source, while the "8 speakers" option always sends out 7.1, with blank channels, that's why "8 speakers" doesn't have the problem you're describing. You can verify how many channels the program is sending out with ReClock too.
Old 14th October 2009, 23:41   #10102  |  Link
mark0077

Yeah Megaworks 550 also labelled the surrounds as rear, not "side" or "back" just rear, so obviously this debate wasn't an issue when my speakers, or the ones you mentioned were created, no talk of side or back in either case.

Still no documentation or webpage that shows me one or the other is correct for definite, just everything either points to side rather than back OR doesn't point to either.

If there is no definitive answer, does software like mpc-hc have the ability to choose side or back when outputting to the OS / Audio Renderer / whatever is next in the chain.... If so the option should be provided in the application because (i know i have said it like 10 times) but everything I have read leads me to believe side is correct rather than back, if one or the other should be used over the other.

Thanks for all of the workarounds guys, setting channels to X, moving my analog connections to back versus side on my soundcard, but for the thousands of others that don't have the luxury of reading this thread, they can't get such benefit. I feel something should be done. Either defaults be set to match what is found to be correct from the available documentation (if possible), and / or provide an option for side versus back output for surrounds. Preferably both?

Last edited by mark0077; 14th October 2009 at 23:50.
Old 14th October 2009, 23:47   #10103  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
some mkvmerge versions are know to give frozen frames I think.
Cheers for that.. Unfortunately I have tested the file that came straight from makemkv, aswell as an edited version of it (mpeg2 headers changed) saved by mkvmerge, both show this effect.

Will post on makemkv site, and use mpc-hc gothsync to visually show the problem... as the normal mpc-hc doesn't show the blip On the graph like gothsync does. Cheers.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 00:40.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:06   #10104  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Yeah Megaworks 550 also labelled the surrounds as rear, not "side" or "back" just rear, so obviously this debate wasn't an issue when my speakers, or the ones you mentioned were created, no talk of side or back in either case.

Still no documentation or webpage that shows me one or the other is correct for definite, just everything either points to side rather than back OR doesn't point to either.

If there is no definitive answer, does software like mpc-hc have the ability to choose side or back when outputting to the OS / Audio Renderer / whatever is next in the chain.... If so the option should be provided in the application because (i know i have said it like 10 times) but everything I have read leads me to believe side is correct rather than back, if one or the other should be used over the other.

Thanks for all of the workarounds guys, setting channels to X, moving my analog connections to back versus side on my soundcard, but for the thousands of others that don't have the luxury of reading this thread, they can't get such benefit. I feel something should be done. Either defaults be set to match what is found to be correct from the available documentation (if possible), and / or provide an option for side versus back output for surrounds. Preferably both?
The following table shows the speaker configurations that are defined for DVD: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms791058.aspx

Configuration -> Speaker position
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_FRONT_LEFT -> SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_FRONT_CENTER -> SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_FRONT_RIGHT -> SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_REAR_LEFT -> SPEAKER_BACK_LEFT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_REAR_RIGHT -> SPEAKER_BACK_RIGHT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_TOP_MIDDLE -> SPEAKER_TOP_CENTER
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_SUPER_WOOFER -> SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY

KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1 -> (SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT | SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT | SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER | SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY | SPEAKER_BACK_LEFT | SPEAKER_BACK_RIGHT)
The speaker configuration for a 5.1-channel surround format is defined by the constant KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1_SURROUND in the preceding table. The geometric layout of the speakers is shown in the following figure, which shows the positions of the front-left, front-right, front-center, side-left, and side-right speakers.

Also from DTS
7.1 channels, for more intense movies and music

DTS-HD is capable of 7.1 channels of sound, totally immersing you in movies and music. (Remember, a typical 5.1-channel system consists of two front and two rear speakers, a center-channel speaker, and a subwoofer / bass management channel, which is the ".1") By using two additional channels — for "side surround" speakers at your left and right — sound can be more accurately placed in your listening room. This means that special effects pans, like jet-fighter flyovers or arrows whizzing past you, will be more dramatic and life like.

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th October 2009 at 11:38.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:17   #10105  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Can MPC-HC deal with a BR folder? (folder which contains a BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder). If so, how? I tried to OPEN DVD in MPC and select the complete folder but nothing loads.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:21   #10106  |  Link
Jong

"Open DVD" at the root should work. Does here. What build of MPC-HC are you using? What filters? You should use the internal .ts splitter, not Haali.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:59   #10107  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
The following table shows the speaker configurations that are defined for DVD: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms791058.aspx

Configuration -> Speaker position
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_FRONT_LEFT -> SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_FRONT_CENTER -> SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_FRONT_RIGHT -> SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_REAR_LEFT -> SPEAKER_BACK_LEFT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_GROUND_REAR_RIGHT -> SPEAKER_BACK_RIGHT
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_TOP_MIDDLE -> SPEAKER_TOP_CENTER
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_SUPER_WOOFER -> SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY

KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1 -> (SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT | SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT | SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER | SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY | SPEAKER_BACK_LEFT | SPEAKER_BACK_RIGHT)
The speaker configuration for a 5.1-channel surround format is defined by the constant KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1_SURROUND in the preceding table. The geometric layout of the speakers is shown in the following figure, which shows the positions of the front-left, front-right, front-center, side-left, and side-right speakers.

Also from DTS
7.1 channels, for more intense movies and music

DTS-HD is capable of 7.1 channels of sound, totally immersing you in movies and music. (Remember, a typical 5.1-channel system consists of two front and two rear speakers, a center-channel speaker, and a subwoofer / bass management channel, which is the ".1") By using two additional channels — for "side surround" speakers at your left and right — sound can be more accurately placed in your listening room. This means that special effects pans, like jet-fighter flyovers or arrows whizzing past you, will be more dramatic and life like.
OK cheers. So its clear to me from what I have read over the past few days that there isn't a correct definition of surround, side or back. Different sites suggest one or the other is correct.

My question therefore is, when an audio driver chooses (or gives the option) to choose side versus back for 5.1 (within 7.1 possible channels) like the asus xonar drivers do, can or does software like mpc-hc read this preference from the OS, ie read what is meant by surround according to the audio driver. What I am trying to say is, can mpc-hc correctly send surround data to side versus back based on drivers definition of surround.

If this can't be done automatically, then an option should be given in the application (like in Grand Theft Auto) so that the user can manually match what is output by the application, to whatever is chosen in the drivers config / or assumed by the audio driver.

If this can be done automatically, and there are problems / bugs with this automated reading of the preference, these bugs should be reported to driver manufacturers, or whatever is at fault etc.

The current state of this to me isn't satisfactory, as my xonar clearly by default (as I personally have physically setup and prefer), selects sides to be used for "surround" in 5.1, but it is configurable (with a use back instead of sides option). mpc-hc, no matter what I choose in my audio driver, aswell as ffdshow, seems to output surround to the back with what seems like no automation involved. To me this is a problem.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 12:39.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:22   #10108  |  Link
bran

Both Onkyo and Asus define the surrounds in 5.1 as side. Which, IMO is the correct term.
Old 15th October 2009, 14:29   #10109  |  Link

Problem:
WVC1 in bluray m2ts files plays back at very low framerate using internal splitter.

Happens with ffdshow using wmv9 or libavcodec. CPU is below 50%.

Videos play smoothly using Haali's splitter, but that doesnt give descriptions for video/audio/subtitle tracks.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:15   #10110  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
OK cheers. So its clear to me from what I have read over the past few days that there isn't a correct definition of surround, side or back. Different sites suggest one or the other is correct.

My question therefore is, when an audio driver chooses (or gives the option) to choose side versus back for 5.1 (within 7.1 possible channels) like the asus xonar drivers do, can or does software like mpc-hc read this preference from the OS, ie read what is meant by surround according to the audio driver. What I am trying to say is, can mpc-hc correctly send surround data to side versus back based on drivers definition of surround.

If this can't be done automatically, then an option should be given in the application (like in Grand Theft Auto) so that the user can manually match what is output by the application, to whatever is chosen in the drivers config / or assumed by the audio driver.

If this can be done automatically, and there are problems / bugs with this automated reading of the preference, these bugs should be reported to driver manufacturers, or whatever is at fault etc.

The current state of this to me isn't satisfactory, as my xonar clearly by default (as I personally have physically setup and prefer), selects sides to be used for "surround" in 5.1, but it is configurable (with a use back instead of sides option). mpc-hc, no matter what I choose in my audio driver, aswell as ffdshow, seems to output surround to the back with what seems like no automation involved. To me this is a problem.
You can always enable custom channel mapping and for 5.1 sound put your surround channels to side speakers

Can we at least agree that the 7.1 mapping it's correct ? (= 7.1 LPCM, TrueHD, DD+, DTS-HD HR or MA on a 7.1 speaker config )

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th October 2009 at 15:28.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:31   #10111  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
You can always enable custom channel mapping and for 5.1 sound put your surround channels to side speakers

Can we at least agree that the 7.1 mapping it's correct ? (= 7.1 LPCM, TrueHD, DD+, DTS-HD HR or MA on a 7.1 speaker config )
Yeah I think the mapping is correct for 7.1, perfect, as it is well defined for the developers, although as I reported there are other issues not related to my 5.1 in 7.1 discussion

The "Navigate" -> "Audio" displays incorrect details, ie it displays input as 6 channels versus 8 for the non LPCM files you gave me (Im in Windows 7 RTM).
As I also reported, the audio decoder channel settings in mpc-hc don't have anything more than "3 front + 2 rear", and it defaults to stereo. All of which I would love to see cleaned up, to have ability to select 7.1, and auto detect (if user hasn't manually selected one) the speaker config from windows.

For 5.1 (in > 5.1 configs)
Yes custom channel mapping is an option, but all of these workarounds are fine for me or you, but I am trying to push a more general solution, ie an option in the gui for "surround", should it be "Side" or "Left" and the application can default to one of those of course.

That is only required of course if this variable can't be read from the Os. If this reading from the os (or the equivalent of that) is possible / intended, then mpc-hc isn't doing it correctly as my xonar (and windows itself) explicitly uses the side channels for the surround in 5.1, but mpc-hc doesn't seem to detect this currently.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 16:00.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:24   #10112  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Yeah I think the mapping is correct for 7.1, perfect, as it is well defined for the developers, although as I reported there are other issues not related to my 5.1 in 7.1 discussion

The "Navigate" -> "Audio" displays incorrect details, ie it displays input as 6 channels versus 8 for the non LPCM files you gave me (Im in Windows 7 RTM).
As I also reported, the audio decoder channel settings in mpc-hc don't have anything more than "3 front + 2 rear", and it defaults to stereo. All of which I would love to see cleaned up, to have ability to select 7.1, and auto detect (if user hasn't manually selected one) the speaker config from windows.

For 5.1 (in > 5.1 configs)
Yes custom channel mapping is an option, but all of these workarounds are fine for me or you, but I am trying to push a more general solution, ie an option in the gui for "surround", should it be "Side" or "Left" and the application can default to one of those of course.

That is only required of course if this variable can't be read from the Os. If this reading from the os (or the equivalent of that) is possible / intended, then mpc-hc isn't doing it correctly as my xonar (and windows itself) explicitly uses the side channels for the surround in 5.1, but mpc-hc doesn't seem to detect this currently.
I've already reported the missing 7.1 speakers configuration some time ago
The current max setting, "3 front + 2 rear", it's correct cause it's referring only to AC3 and DTS which all have max 5.1 channels.
Also you're correct about the "Navigate" -> "Audio" displays incorrect details, ie it displays input as 6 channels versus 8 for the non LPCM files
In a 5.1 speaker config if you select in your driver side speaker for the surround channels when you play a 5.1 sound MPC-HC and FFDShow are using the rear out or side out ?

So just to recap the only problem is that when using 7.1 speakers when you play a 5.1 sound the surround channels are coming out from the rear speakers and you say it should come out from the side speaker ?

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th October 2009 at 16:33.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:29   #10113  |  Link
mark0077

Well, I should have been more clear on that, the xonar gives an option (when its set in 7.1 mode), to SWAP side and back channels. By default it is off, so side input goes to side output, back input goes to back output. When setting xonar to 5.1 as I already said, its gui and speaker channel tests, assumes surround in 5.1 should go to the sides.

So I stronly feel that the application still should send surround to the correct place (depending on driver workings / user preference?), especially for those that don't have this luxury of an option to swap back and forth.

Would be nice to hear from some of the developers if this auto-detection is possible / part of the process, and if not possible, when we could possibly expect to see a manual option in the application for back versus side output for surround channels.

To recap: My problem really is, because I have a 7.1 sound card, and am only using 5.1 speakers, the fact mpc-hc and ffdshow (and others) seem to be sending audio explicitly to the back channels, I either hear channel bleeding (probably my xonar trying to mix the back input its receiving, to the sides), or I hear nothing, as my soundcard is expecting surround data designated to the sides not the back that it is getting.

PS: Cheers for the info on settings for ac3 / dts, so it appears there isn't this "Decode to" option for other audio formats.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 16:42.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:44   #10114  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Well, I should have been more clear on that, the xonar gives an option (when its set in 7.1 mode), to SWAP side and back channels. By default it is off, so side input goes to side output, back input goes to back output. When setting xonar to 5.1 as I already said, its gui and speaker channel tests, assumes surround in 5.1 should go to the sides.

So I stronly feel that the application still should send surround to the correct place (depending on driver workings / user preference?), especially for those that don't have this luxury of an option to swap back and forth.

Would be nice to hear from some of the developers if this detection is possible / part of the process, and if not possibly, when we could possibly expect a manual option in the application for back versus side output for surround channels.

To recap: My problem really is, because I have a 7.1 sound card, and am only using 5.1 speakers, the fact mpc-hc and ffdshow (and others) seem to be sending audio explicitly to the back channels, I either hear channel bleeding (probably my xonar trying to mix the back input its receiving, to the sides), or I hear nothing, as my soundcard is expecting surround data designated to the sides not the back that it is getting.

PS: Cheers for the info on settings for ac3 / dts, so it appears there isn't this "Decode to" option for other audio formats.
It seems to me that it's something wrong with your card because when i'm setting my speaker config to 5.1 in windows my drivers are also using the side output and MPC-HC and FFDShow are sending the sound from the surround channels correct to the side!
Old 15th October 2009, 16:47   #10115  |  Link
mark0077

Oh really, thats interesting.

When playing 5.1, can you go into ffdshow audio mixer, does it show audio going to back or sides. Its "Info & CPU" tab will also say back vs side as "output speakers".

If it points to sides, then ffdshow / mpc-hc must be auto detecting this, in which case either mpc-hc or xonar is at fault on my machine, ie its not detecting what surround should correspond to.
If it points to back, maybe your soundcard is smart and compensating by still sending it to the sides for you

For me ffdshow explicitly says "back" as input and output, so outputs surround there. My Xonar then tries to upmix this somehow, as I hear left back channel 90% from left side, and about 10% from right side.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 16:54.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:58   #10116  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Oh really, thats interesting.

When playing 5.1, can you go into ffdshow audio mixer, does it show audio going to back or sides. Its info box will also say back vs side.

If it points to sides, then ffdshow / mpc-hc must be auto detecting this, in which case either mpc-hc or xonar is at fault on my machine, ie its not detecting what surround should correspond to.
If it points to back, maybe your soundcard is smart and compensating by still sending it to the sides for you

For me ffdshow explicitly says "back" as input and output, so outputs surround there. My Xonar then tries to upmix this somehow, as I hear left back channel 90% from left side, and about 10% from right side.
I'm not using FFDShow anymore so the test has been done with just MPC ! But again I've changed in windows the speaker setup from 7.1 to 5.1 and only then I have surround to side out and MPC-HC it's using side (side being the only option because my drivers are exposing that pin)

Try this TEST_5.1_TRUEHD file

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th October 2009 at 17:03.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:01   #10117  |  Link
mark0077

Cool, well if you get a chance, let me know what ffdshow says its outputting when you use it. Until you see visually that its outputting to, side or back, you can't be sure your soundcard isn't rerouting / upmixing so that you hear from side rather than rear. This is the case with me, xonar reroutes back output from these applications to the side channels (upmixes rather) so it sounds correct during sound tests, until I listen carefully and can hear bleeding of channels caused by the upmixing.

I will try to find software that can easily let me see if there is a problem with asus drivers, ie exposing incorrect pins to these applications. Thanks for the discussion.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 17:05.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:09   #10118  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Cool, well if you get a chance, let me know what ffdshow says its outputting when you use it. Until you see visually that its outputting to, side or back, you can't be sure your soundcard isn't rerouting / upmixing so that you hear from side rather than rear. This is the case with me, xonar reroutes back output from these applications to the side channels (upmixes rather) so it sounds correct during sound tests, until I listen carefully and can hear bleeding of channels caused by the upmixing.

I will try to find software that can easily let me see if there is a problem with asus drivers, ie exposing incorrect pins to these applications. Thanks for the discussion.
No need for FFDShow in the "Enable custom channel mapping" in MPC without changing anything I can see that the 5.1 test files are using the Back channels but i can hear the sound from my side output

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th October 2009 at 17:13.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:12   #10119  |  Link
mark0077

Well there you go, mpc-hc should be sending to your sides, not your back channels. Its getting it wrong in your case. Either both of our drivers are buggy, or mpc-hc can't auto detect this and should have the option, not just in the mixer as most users won't be going in there playing with custom channel mappings.

Its irrelevant that you can hear output on your sides, your blessed that your drivers are doing this for you automatically, and I assume doing a good job of it. My drivers do it also but make a mess of it, and give no way to disable the upmixing, so I hear channels bleeding into one another because of this attempt to upmix the back output from mpc-hc, to my side channels. (By right, the drivers should take what they get and spit it out, in your case your card is taking back inputs, and sending it to the sides which I feel is incorrect anyways.... thats another days work )

In both of our cases mpc-hc isn't correctly sending to the side channels that is defined in our drivers and windows mixer. In another persons machine they might not have the luxury of what our drivers do, and mpc-hc sending to the back might mean they hear nothing from their side channels.

Do you see what I mean now? I hope the visual representation of audio going to the back rather than rear in your mpc channel mixer shows you what I have been speaking about.

From this discussion, I am assuming that many people don't notice this problem due to their drivers doing some sort of channel mapping themselves / or upmixing which is not correct, mpc-hc should send to the correct channels in the first place, and it isn't, simple as that.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 17:26.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:26   #10120  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Well there you go, mpc-hc should be sending to your sides, not your back channels. Its irrelevant that you can hear output on your sides, your blessed that your drivers are doing this for you automatically, and I assume doing a good job of it. My drivers do it also but make a mess of it, and give no way to disable the upmixing, so I hear channels bleeding into one another because of this attempt to upmix the backs, to my side channels.

In both of our cases mpc-hc isn't correctly sending to the sides. In another persons machine they might not have the luxury of what our drivers do, and mpc-hc sending to the back might mean they hear nothing from their side channels.

Do you see what I mean now? I hope the visual representation of audio going to the back rather than rear in your mpc channel mixer shows you what I have been speaking about.
Yes but this is because my drivers are following the Dolby recommendation and exposing the side channels for the surround in a 5.1 setup but as you can find in the DTS recommendation
or in
The reason for not distinguishing between the back-speaker and side-speaker configurations in either case is that home users tend not to distinguish between these speaker positions—the placement of furniture in the room might be the primary factor in determining whether a pair of speakers ends up beside or behind the listener. Forcing users to recognize the subtle differences between these alternate configurations would complicate the user interface for little benefit.
or
If a
>> system vendor has set the pin config values of the integrated HD
>> Audio device to indicate that the 5.1 device uses side speakers
>> then we expose that to the OS when it asks the driver through the
>> channel config property request but if the system vendor uses the
>> pin config sequence values in the multi-channel device association
>> to indicate that the 5.1 system has rear speakers the HD Audio
>> class driver will expose that to the OS as the channel mask for
>> that device instead.
MPC-HC it's correct.

My conclusion is that only Dolby is using side and anyone who is using 5.1 speakers (with a 5.1 speaker config in windows) should plug the surround speaker in the output exposed by his driver

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th October 2009 at 17:38.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc