Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2009, 13:04   #10061  |  Link
edterbak

Haali not disposing after stopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Hi.
MPC-HC devs, if you have time, can you look on this?

Looks like there is a bug in standalone MPC video decoder (DXVA mode, SW is OK) causing crash when trying to remove filter from graph.
Hi devs,
I have read through the forum after the reply from Hoborg, but I havent seen a response to it. (Maybe I missed it, sorry)

I use the MPC-HC (MPCVidDec.ax) codec together with MediaPortal. Recently I noticed that the Haali icons are staying in the taskbar and not closing down after playback of a mediafile when I have DXVA turned on. If I use SW decoding there is no issue.
The number of tray icons of haali keep building up, untill Mediaportal crashes. When I hover with my mouse over the tray icons, they all dissapear. Ofcourse, this is not possible for me to do when I am operating from within mediaportal.

Is this a known issue with the codec?? If so, what is the status/thought about it?
Or, if you think this is NOT mpc-hc codec related, can you explain why. This can help the devs from MP a lot.

A thread about this can be found on the mediaportal forum.
See this link. It has become a rather big thread though. A lot of users seem to suffer this issue.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:25   #10062  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by edterbak View Post
Hi devs,
I have read through the forum after the reply from Hoborg, but I havent seen a response to it. (Maybe I missed it, sorry)

I use the MPC-HC (MPCVidDec.ax) codec together with MediaPortal. Recently I noticed that the Haali icons are staying in the taskbar and not closing down after playback of a mediafile when I have DXVA turned on. If I use SW decoding there is no issue.
The number of tray icons of haali keep building up, untill Mediaportal crashes. When I hover with my mouse over the tray icons, they all dissapear. Ofcourse, this is not possible for me to do when I am operating from within mediaportal.

Is this a known issue with the codec?? If so, what is the status/thought about it?
Or, if you think this is NOT mpc-hc codec related, can you explain why. This can help the devs from MP a lot.

A thread about this can be found on the mediaportal forum.
See this link. It has become a rather big thread though. A lot of users seem to suffer this issue.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer.
The problem hoborg mentioned has been seen by the devs, but not been fixed yet.

The haali thing you mentioned is a bug in mediaportal, their staff are aware of it.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:30   #10063  |  Link
edterbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post

The haali thing you mentioned is a bug in mediaportal, their staff are aware of it.
Thanks for the feedback tetsuo55.
[edit] I just ereased a bit of my orignal reply... sorry

Question I have now: Are you saying that there are two separate issues? one with the codec (which the devs are aware of) and one with Haali (which is a bug in MP)? Or am I misreading your reply here.

Last edited by edterbak; 12th October 2009 at 13:39.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:35   #10064  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
So it is MPC video decoder bug after all?

How to start with Bitcoin
Old 12th October 2009, 13:47   #10065  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Sorry i though it was a decoding bug.

No matter what the cause is. We are talking with mediaportal dev about this and other issues.

Don't expect any results soon.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:54   #10066  |  Link
edterbak

Great!! Reassuring to know. I wasnt aware that there is a direct communication link between MP and MPC-HC devs. Thanks for sharing this information.

Although your last words are a bit unfortunate to me. Thanks anyway!!
Old 12th October 2009, 15:49   #10067  |  Link
rt87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Question - i noticed "MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax" file in standalone pack, but when i try to register it i got missing module error - is this normal?
no go for XP.
for Win7, try the x64 build.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:43   #10068  |  Link
Phaser

I don't know it this has been discussed before... I would like to see an option to disable the "remember file position" in playlist mode (or at least the possibility to clear the previous records). Because it's frustrating when I play a multi-part video and the movie jumps to a previous position instead of playing continuously.

Another thing that I'd like is a "seamless playback" feature for all supported formats (not just m2ts). This would also resolve the previous issue that I mentioned.
Old 12th October 2009, 21:31   #10069  |  Link
lamesensei

this might be a stupid question but mpc decoder for dxva or win7's microsoft dtv-dvd decoder? (microsoft seems to get acceleration for almost every h264file)

8800gt latest drivers.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:05   #10070  |  Link
paulonet

I having problems playing certain (bigger) mkv files through my wired network. Buying a new router is impossible at this time. I tried increasing the buffer in haali splitter and renderer and the files play very well about 3 to 5 minutes but then MPC craches. Is there another buffer setting?
Thank you
Old 12th October 2009, 22:18   #10071  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamesensei View Post
this might be a stupid question but mpc decoder for dxva or win7's microsoft dtv-dvd decoder? (microsoft seems to get acceleration for almost every h264file)

8800gt latest drivers.
MPC will get DXVA whenever it is possible for the hardware to provide it.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:37   #10072  |  Link
mark0077

Hi all, I have a very strange bug to report. I have been digging to find the cause of it over the past few days, but can't figure out what the cause is.

I have ripped a DVD to mkv (The World Is Not Enough). Now there is areas around the mkv chapters in this mkv file where mpc-hc will give a strange sound, like as if the audio is speeding up / slowing down slightly (the effect the video renderers or reclock often give when speeding up / slowing down) to get back to sync. Its very strange because one time I can play straight through with no problems (confirming the file seems ok?) and another time I can constantly repeat the problem.

I have tried with internal / haali mkv splitter, ffdshow audio decoding vs mpc-hc decoding, reclock on or off, and even using overlay mixer vs evr-cp. I can always seem to reproduce.

Another thing to note, when I play past the area that causes problems, and then seek back and play past it again, I don't think I have ever reproduced the problem. Its like as if some cache / buffer stops the problem happening a second time. I have to reload the file to reproduce.

I used the latest makemkv to create the file, and even removing the chapters from the mkv using mkvmerge, the problem still appears around where the chapters are (maybe its a crazy coincidence).

I have just tried with vlc media player and it gives a noticible blip / skip when going past the chapter.

Can anyone suggest something to try. If the mkv plays fine on second or third passes, doesn't this suggest the problem isn't with the file (or is it possible makemkv didn't do a great job)? Converting this mkv to a .ts file plays perfectly without sound slowdowns / speedups. Very annoying / confusing.

Last edited by mark0077; 12th October 2009 at 22:41.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:20   #10073  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

@mark0077

Can you upload a sample of a problem area so others can experiment? Due to the inability to consistently reproduce the issues it doesn't sound like it has a chance of being classified as a MPC HC "bug".

Also, what revision of MPC HC does this occur on?
Old 13th October 2009, 00:59   #10074  |  Link
Andy o

Hey guys. I'm not sure how this works, but is it possible that the MPC internal subtitle renderer work with madVR? Maybe in a future release? Or would it be impossible?
Old 13th October 2009, 01:27   #10075  |  Link
hdboy

win7, svn 1299, nvidia 7600GT, updated to latest directx. I have EVR working fine. I want to get EVR CP working also to get subtitle and shaders. I can get it to play but if I try to seek video freezes for 20-30secs during which time MPC is unresponsive. It sometimes recovers and continues playing; other times it just freezes altogether and I have to end task it. this happens with all different sources from low res AVI to ripped bluray movie.

I've tried different EVR buffer values, from 4 to 20. enable/disable "reinit when display changes". enable/disable desktop composition, frame time correction. none helps.

searching, I see some people mention installing dx9 over dx11. dxdiag shows I'm running dx11. how do I install dx9 over it?
Old 13th October 2009, 02:25   #10076  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
searching, I see some people mention installing dx9 over dx11. dxdiag shows I'm running dx11. how do I install dx9 over it?
If you talking about DirectX Redistributable - its absolutely required for MPC-HC and should be updated every 3 months. But this is not the same as just DirectX9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Hey guys. I'm not sure how this works, but is it possible that the MPC internal subtitle renderer work with madVR? Maybe in a future release? Or would it be impossible?
Not possible. In future release of madVR - maybe, but not anytime soon, because developing is stalled.
EDIT: Or maybe I was wrong here: 11th October 2009, 17:58 -> madVR v0.11 released. So ask in madVR's thread about that.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 13th October 2009 at 02:36.
Old 13th October 2009, 02:39   #10077  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

you don't install DX9 over DX11. These Redistributables are needed so that you can even use DX at all.
Old 13th October 2009, 09:24   #10078  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamesensei View Post

8800gt latest drivers.
I'm not sure about quality (although Microsoft's seems better) but for me microsoft dtv-dvd decoder it's much stable and as you've said it's definitely able to play more h264 files !

P.S. All this for windows 7 and DXVA !!!
Old 13th October 2009, 10:55   #10079  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

Without wanting to go off-topic too much, would we be required to update DirectX with the retail version of Windows 7? I have no idea if it already contains the August revision files, and don't know if it's intellegent enough to only update outdated files.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:25   #10080  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
Without wanting to go off-topic too much, would we be required to update DirectX with the retail version of Windows 7?
Yes, it is.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc