Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th February 2009, 13:28   #1  |  Link
envagyok

Playin SD DVD with windows vista to component output.. How?

I have a problem with my original dvd-s.
I have a desktop computer with Core quad Q6600, P35 board, 4GB DDR-2 Ati HD4870 VGA, and NEC7173S DVD drive. Latest catalyst driver.
My displays: samsung 40' hdready tv with hdmi, and cloned to component output, resolution 1280*720@60

When a try play original dvd with powerdvd or windows media player, play the commercial and logos, but when i try to play the movie, i get an error message with the following :
The windows media player cannot play this dvd, because digital copyright problem is between dvd player, decoder and vga card.Try install the latest vga driver.

What can we do to play my original dvd's?
When i remove the lock and copy image to hdd, then with daemon-tools mounted play problemless....

Thanks for help
envagyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 22:05   #2  |  Link
envagyok

this answer coming from ati:
"Macrovision copy protection mechanisms will limit component output video from DVD's to 480i and 480p."
Is any driver hack solve this problem??
Anyway why is this restriction, many dvd player can upscale material to 720p or 1080i to component output.
When source dvd material is 720*576 or 704*480 is not equal it is displayed to 720p resolution or 576i???
Why always the legal dvd buyers are punished???
When i download from net the dvd-r or the 720p or 1080p mkv, i can full quality play movies without problems with component output. When i buy (not so cheap in europe) legal dvd or blu-ray movie, i can play or with visual degradation (blu-ray) or with funny must changing resolution to watch a movie, and then set back the resolution trick.
Or i must all of my original movies rip with dvddecrypter, and burn to dvd-r9, and the problem goes away????
I must pay buying film and having problems with copy protection problems??
Please help what method can i remove from driver this ...
Old 13th February 2009, 04:25   #3  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

You could try playing the DVD using a free player such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It should work just fine for you and most DVD's. Another option is to run a decrypter such as AnyDVD or DVD43(which is quite old) in the background, so that everything is played in a decrypted format.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:10   #4  |  Link
envagyok

i tried both, without result.
Mpc-hc makes me black screen, and with anydvd hd haved a same result, as before (play commercial, logos, but then error message).
Just one possible solution finded: nero showtime, but this has little washed out picture, and not good so good deinterlacing as powerdvd.
Maybe vista 64 bit is the problem?
Old 13th February 2009, 17:29   #5  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Nope, it will just not play. A friend of mine has the same problem using a geforce 260 core 216. Fixed by using dvi to hdmi cable.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:59   #6  |  Link
avivahl

I guess using AnyDVD (to remove the DVD's protections on-the-fly) would also work...
avivahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 08:36   #7  |  Link
envagyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivahl View Post
I guess using AnyDVD (to remove the DVD's protections on-the-fly) would also work...
I dont understand, but at me isnt working.
sit in tray, all function active, but not working, the result is same like without anydvd hd....