Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 12th July 2024, 05:49   #121  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSC4 View Post
I see you are another x moderator at Redfox. Is that 5 in this thread? I've lost count. You also don't have to disclose what actually happened, and I respect your decision on that. But I think it will all come out in the wash eventually. I now don't care if it was the AACS LA, DMCA, BREIN or some other anti-circumvention body that seized the RedFox domain name. What I would like to know, if there is any hint of old staff members willing to continue the development in the future?
I have no idea what happened. I hadn't been a moderator for years now and rarely visited the forums in recent years.

My comment on knowing what happened was merely in jest which I hope was obvious given who I did not say was behind it. That said, barring someone proving to me that aliens weren't behind the shutdown just means they actually might have been.

Edit: Obviously, it sucks that Redfox is gone. I was a fan of most of their software. It's a big loss to the community but we all have to put our big boy pants on and move forward.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 12th July 2024 at 06:10.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2024, 10:35   #122  |  Link
SamuriHL

That's really the important part. They had really great products that are now gone. Anydvd will work for a while but AS if completely done. As for some miracle come back, I really rather doubt it. I personally think they're gone for good this time.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
Old 13th July 2024, 05:30   #123  |  Link
Treaties Of Warp

Coincidences can definitely happen, I remember a situation with Jim Browning, a YouTuber who exposes and shuts down Indian scammers. You would think it's impossible for someone like him to get scammed, but he got a new phone with a new SIM, then got an e-mail the next day, entirely by coincidence, from a real Gmail address of someone telling him he had to do some stuff to his YouTube account. Jim assumed that was probably due to an entirely new phone and SIM, but it wasn't, and the scammer got control of his YouTube account, and deleted all of his content. Jim very luckily was able to get YouTube to get him his account back and restore all of the videos. But the main thing that tricked him was the coincidence of getting a new phone right when he got an e-mail that wouldn't have fooled him if he hadn't have gotten the new phone.

My point is it definitely could be coincidence that StreamFab was fixed immediately after RedFox disappeared.

Another possibility that I read (I think on Reddit but now I'm not sure) is that both RedFox and StreamFab might have been purchasing the Widevine decryption methodology from someone else.
Treaties Of Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2024, 15:39   #124  |  Link
Yarc

Hi, I'm new here but have been a Redfox customer for a long time. It's a real shame that they are gone so we must move on now and use alternative tools. I realize that AnyDVD will likely work for a while, but will ultimately fail as new protections come out. I'm wondering if the option to copy with protection will likely still work for some time considering this is not decrypting, or at least as far as I understand it. The reason I ask this is because I like creating ISO's with original menus and currently trying out DVDFab. This seems to work well although not quite as quick as AnyDVD and also does not support my 4K USB drive. However, I have discovered that by creating a protected Blu-ray ISO with AnyDVD I can then process this file with DVDFab, so this is my current solution. I have also downloaded xreveal which works similar to AnyDVD and the free version of this also allows creating protected ISO's so this is another option. I have to say, the full price for xreveal is very reasonable but I don't currently need on-the-fly decryption for my use case.
Yarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2024, 15:42   #125  |  Link
SamuriHL

As long as your drive is UHD Friendly or supported by LibreDrive (and you have MakeMKV installed, of course) the protected ISO function will still work, yes. Xreveal's protected ISO creation feature works just as well.
Old 13th July 2024, 15:47   #126  |  Link
Yarc

Ok, thanks. My drive is supported by LibreDrive so it looks like I should be okay for a while, unless DVDFab get taken down in which case I will revert to MakeMKV and xreveal.
Old 13th July 2024, 16:29   #127  |  Link
SamuriHL

LibreDrive doesn't really need updates as long as your drive is supported, so creating protected ISOs is always possible now for you.
Old 13th July 2024, 17:03   #128  |  Link
Yarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
LibreDrive doesn't really need updates as long as your drive is supported, so creating protected ISOs is always possible now for you.
That's good to know, thanks for your help.
Old Today, 02:33   #129  |  Link
infoxtreme

unfortunately they are gone, the game has become dangerous and the financial return is no longer worth it, simple as that. I just think they could have given an official statement independent of any legal issues

Strangely enough, xreveal is almost a copy of anydvd.

Now a question, what does anydvd do that makemkv or dvdfab can't do?
infoxtreme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20   #130  |  Link
SamuriHL

Real time decryption. And screen pass protection removal.

Old Today, 07:05   #131  |  Link
Yarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Real time decryption. And screen pass protection removal.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think DVDFab Passkey decrypts on the fly, but that is a separate product to DVDFab and not sure how it compares to AnyDVD as never used it.
Old Today, 09:24   #132  |  Link
SamuriHL

It's very similar to anydvd in how it works. I don't know its full feature set as I don't own it.

Old Today, 11:22   #133  |  Link
infoxtreme

I would say that Real time decryption, for me it's not very important, since I think the most important thing is to be able to back up my movies.

screen pass protection as far as i know dvdfab can handle
infoxtreme is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
redfox