Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 29th June 2024, 12:41   #1781  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfilipak View Post
But a script that includes regular expression processing will be easier. The subtitle file is just text.
Yes, the subtitle files (srt, ass, etc.) are plain text, and could easily be edited to rewrite the durations as you desire. Are you looking for a standalone script to post-process the subtitle files outside of SE?
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2024, 18:45   #1782  |  Link
markfilipak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Yes, the subtitle files (srt, ass, etc.) are plain text, and could easily be edited to rewrite the durations as you desire. Are you looking for a standalone script to post-process the subtitle files outside of SE?
I am. If you have one handy that you want to share, that'd be great. If you don't, that's okay, too. It will be easy enough to write. I'm a little bogged down at the moment preparing a revised bug summary to submit to FFmpeg's trac system. That's why I haven't gotten around to this.

When/if I write my own, it will be HTML+javascript that works like this: Copy the srt into the web page, push a button, copy the result back to the srt. I'll have a field for the 'attention' duration and another for 'milliseconds per character'.
markfilipak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2024, 01:26   #1783  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
I am. If you have one handy that you want to share, that'd be great.
I have a python script that I have used in the past to parse .ass files. It could be modified pretty easily to do what you want.
Old 30th June 2024, 01:49   #1784  |  Link
markfilipak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
I have a python script that I have used in the past to parse .ass files. It could be modified pretty easily to do what you want.
It's been about 20 years since I wrote any python. I'd be pleased to look at it. If it's not too many lines, I imagine you could paste in doom9.
markfilipak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2024, 05:40   #1785  |  Link
RobertM

I took my old file and rolled it into a new little script file for you. Seems to work in my testing, but you'll have to give it some real-world exercise. If you have Python installed on your system then you should be able to simply double-click it and the usage should become evident. Let me know if you have trouble.

[edit] I appended the script to this message, but it won't be available until it has been reviewed, I understand. [/edit]
Attached Files
File Type: rar SubTailor.rar (2.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by RobertM; 30th June 2024 at 19:06.
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:19   #1786  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
I'd be pleased to look at it. If it's not too many lines, I imagine you could paste in doom9.
Doesn't seem like my attachment is getting looked at, so I'll send you the code in a PM. It's a python script, so just text.
Old 3rd July 2024, 23:19   #1787  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

You may report your own attachment for approval.
P.S. as RobertM did not, I just stepped in and reported it for approval.

Last edited by Emulgator; 9th July 2024 at 23:48.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote