Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th July 2022, 18:41   #1  |  Link
TahoeP

Scenarist BD v9.0.4 - Atmos encode issues

Hello all,
This is my first attempt at adding a Dolby Atmos stream to a Blu-ray disc.
I have generated a Dolby Atmos - Pink Noise test file through the Dolby Renderer. The folder with the encode includes:
1. PN.atmos
2. PN.atmos.audio
3. PN.atmos.metadata
4. PN.mlp
5. PN.mlp.log.html
6. PN.mlp.mll

I opened my MUI Generator, drag & dropped the PN.mlp file onto the ES File and the ES Type did not change, just says unknown. I manually changed the ES Type to Dolby Lossless then hit Create File. A window appears that says Input MLP File.
Dolby lossless Core file Name (1/1) "PN.mlp" (greyed out). Default MLP File Name (1/1) "PN.mlp" (also greyed out). The input MLP FILE : PN.mlp. press Execute and I get an error (noted below). I have tried every Dolby option in the pull-down menu and nothing works. I continuesly receive an error message:

Unknown stream. offset=0
(File path)

I have also tried every option with the checkbox ✅️ unchecked and checked with no success.

Then I have tried changing the ES File to every file in the atmos folder, nothing.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for your time.
Regards!
TahoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 00:58   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

Dolby Atmos is carried in a TrueHD stream, and TrueHD stream is composed of an AC3 core and an MLP extension.
Importing Dolby Atmos is not different than importing TrueHD stream, so basically you need to have both the AC3 and MLP files with the same filename. Drag the AC3 file inside the MUI Generator. MUI Generator will switch to Dolby Lossless automatically. If not, choose it manually and specify the additional MLP file. Start the MUI indexing and then import the VES file inside Scenarist.

Last edited by mp3dom; 6th August 2022 at 01:25.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 06:59   #3  |  Link
TahoeP

Thank you for your reply.
I got an answer from tech support but not as detailed as yours.
I didn't realize when outputting the mlp that I had to also output an ac3. So thank you again, work just as you said.
TahoeP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atmos, scenarist bd