Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 13th January 2022, 00:40   #261  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Maybe you want to read what LowPro developed. Post #22:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...75#post1961075

I see you crossposted the same question and another one before: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183630
you may want to avoid splitting that thread here, so I won't answer there.

Last edited by Emulgator; 13th January 2022 at 00:44.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2022, 07:50   #262  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldon View Post
Suppose I want to modify a German IGS menu with BDedit. What about erasing a button, is it possible? For example, could the "DEUTSCH" button or the "ENGLISCH" button be removed? Is it impossible to erase buttons with BDedit or should I use another software for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
Maybe you want to read what LowPro developed. Post #22:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...75#post1961075
Hello, Maldon. I just updated my post for clarity where possible, the post Emulgator directed you to above. And while I can't speak to erasing a button, I can tell you for sure it's possible to replace the images used for a given button with images that are completely transparent, then preventing the ability to select the button by updating the navigation behavior of the other buttons where applicable. That would accomplish the same thing, a "thinking outside of the box" approach if you will.

And I'll mention this as well, when replacing an image with one that's fully transparent you can replace just that image. When doing so you only want to select the "Replace the selected object" option. Leave the "Replace the selected palette" option unchecked. Yes, it will add an extra palette, but it won't upset the applecart. The other images won't become distorted as a result. They'll continue to be displayed as they had been previously. This has been my experience anyway.

Last edited by Lowpro; 16th January 2022 at 08:04.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2022, 09:23   #263  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Suppose I want to modify a German IGS menu with BDedit. What about erasing a button, is it possible? For example, could the "DEUTSCH" button or the "ENGLISCH" button be removed? Is it impossible to erase buttons with BDedit or should I use another software for this?
I spent some time today with BDedit and can confirm for you that it's possible to remove a button. Removing all references to a button will effectively remove it from the IG menu, i.e. the button will no longer appear when playing the Blu-ray. Once all references to the button are removed BDedit will let you delete the object(s) that were associated with the button as well if you like. I was working on a Blu-ray menu this evening for example. The Blu-ray menu consisted of 4 pages. There was a certain button I wanted to remove from the first menu page. As such, I went to the CLIPINF tab selecting the CLPI file (99002) associated with the first menu page. I then pressed the "Menu" button being taken to the MENU tab. From there I accessed the "Menu\BOGs" tab deleting (Shift-Delete) the Button Overlay Group (BOG) I had created for the button in question. There were no other references made to the button in this case. I then went to the "Menu\Objects" tab selecting and deleting (Shift-Delete) the objects the button had been using. From there I updated the M2TS file (99002) via the "Mux" option overwriting the original M2TS file residing in my "BDMV\STREAM" folder, the original M2TS (and CLPI) file having already been backed up for good measure. Lastly I went to the BDMV tab pressing the "Read" button in the upper right corner which reloads the BDMV folder, BDedit then being able to account for the M2TS file I had just updated. I then returned to the CLIPINF tab selecting the same CLPI file (99002) from the drop down. When doing so BDedit displayed a message stating, "The m2ts file contains x number of packets. Do you want to correct the packet value of ClipInfo?" When presented with the prompt I selected "Yes", BDedit updating the CLPI file, the given menu page then working without issue as a result when testing via PowerDVD, the button in question no longer present on the first page of the menu.

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd February 2022 at 05:47.
Old 27th January 2022, 11:41   #264  |  Link
maldon

Thank you very very very much, Lowpro. I will try all this and let you know if I have achieved my purpose.
maldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2022, 01:17   #265  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Thank you very very very much, Lowpro. I will try all this and let you know if I have achieved my purpose.
You're welcome and good luck.

Last edited by Lowpro; 28th January 2022 at 01:46.
Old 28th January 2022, 09:54   #266  |  Link
Lowpro

How do I return to a menu page other than Page 1 (ID 0)?

I use BDedit to update the Blu-ray menus created by BD Rebuilder's "Quick Play" feature. Just the other day I discovered that I could add additional menu pages within a given M2TS file. I know. I'm very wet behind the ears with all of this stuff. That being said, I consolidating one of my Blu-ray menus just for fun. The original Blu-ray menu consisted of 5 M2TS files, i.e. 99002, 99004, 99006, 99008 and 99010. I combined "99002/99004" and "99006/99008", the below excel sheet showing the before and after, the end result after combining "99002" and "99004".

So everything is working beautifully with one exception. Menu navigation back and forth from Page 1 (ID 0) to Page 2 (ID 1) per the above works great. What I'm not able to do is land on Page 2 (ID 1) directly when coming from a different M2TS file whether it be a title that I'm watching (...Title 5 or 6 in the case) or one of the other M2TS files (99004 & 99006) that make up the Blu-ray menu.

(Note the MovieObject.bdmv commands highlighted in green. Leaving them as is takes me to the buttons for "Title 1" and "Title 2" on Page 1 (ID 0) as originally the buttons for "Title 5" and "Title 6" had a dedicated M2TS file (99004). The question is, what command(s) do I use to land in the same positions, but on Page 2 (ID 1) instead?)

I can return to Page 1 (ID 0) without issue in all scenarios of course. No issues there. As such, I've implemented a workaround for now though it's rather clunky. In cases where I want to land on Page 2 (ID 1) when returning to 99002.m2ts (or 99004.m2ts), in those cases I'm being taken to one of two hidden buttons on Page 1 (ID 0). Each hidden button is set to activate automatically (auto_action_flag), each containing the SetButtonPage command taking me to Page 2 (ID 1), one landing me on the button for "Title 5" and the other for "Title 6" in the case of "99002.m2ts". Like I said, it's a clunky workaround. You see Page 1 (ID 0) for a split second as you're taken to Page 2 (ID 1), but it works.

In any event, I'd love to start using multiple menu pages with a given M2TS file going forward. I just need to figure out how to land on a page other than Page 1 (ID 0) when returning to a given M2TS file. Hoping someone has the answer as I've run out of ideas at this point. I've tried a whole mess of things. Looking over the Blu-ray menu structure for some of my retail Blu-ray's hasn't helped either sadly. Looking forward to someone chiming in on this and if needed I'd be happy to provide a copy of my Blu-ray menu if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd February 2022 at 05:47.
Old 28th January 2022, 18:06   #267  |  Link
maldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
You're welcome and good luck.
All ok until this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
When doing so BDedit displayed a message stating, "The m2ts file contains x number of packets. Do you want to correct the packet value of ClipInfo?" When presented with the prompt I selected "Yes"
I selected "Yes" and I got an error:

https://imgbox.com/qRoudSsh

What can I do?
Old 28th January 2022, 19:58   #268  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
All ok until this point:

I selected "Yes" and I got an error:

https://imgbox.com/qRoudSsh

What can I do?
Perhaps BDedit doesn't like something about the Blu-ray. Could be system related as well perhaps. Not sure. If you removed the references to the object, then removed the object try just replacing the image used by the object instead, replacing the image with one that's fully transparent. When doing so select only the "Replace the selected object" option so that the existing palette in use isn't replaced as well. If that doesn't work try launching BDedit via the "Run as administrator" option. Perhaps that will prevent the access violation error. You could also try the latest publically available version of BDedit. Looks like you're using BDedit v0.38b. BDedit v0.39b is available for download here. And for the latest version just make a donation. (Well, only do so knowing a more recent version may not prevent the access violation error.) I donated a day or two ago and am using BDedit v0.50b6 now as a result. I've been using BDedit for a number of years now. Figured it was about time I donate so.

Last edited by Lowpro; 28th January 2022 at 20:08.
Old 29th January 2022, 13:46   #269  |  Link
maldon

I think I know what's going on.

If I change any m2ts file I think I have to edit the clpi and mpls files. But how? Pel9 should have the answer.
Old 29th January 2022, 18:25   #270  |  Link
maldon

I started a new thread to make this more visible:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...73#post1962673
Old 7th February 2022, 11:55   #271  |  Link
Lowpro

If you can't beat them. Join them. :-P

In my recent post here I was looking for help figuring out how to return to a menu page other than Page ID 0 when coming from outside the given M2TS file, i.e. when navigating a Blu-ray menu that's spread across multiple M2TS files or when returning to the menu from title playback. I don't always want to land on Page ID 0. My preference in most cases is to return to the same page I had left from.

Well I'm happy to report that I can finally ditch the time consuming workaround mentioned in my prior post. The solution couldn't have been more simple. How does the saying go? If you can't beat them. Join them. :-P Okay, fine. Take me back to Page ID 0 each and every time. No problem. Going forward I'll just use Page ID 0 to direct traffic only, i.e. redirecting me to the actual page I want to land on when coming from outside the M2TS file. See below.

The image above is the first file (99002.m2ts) of my Blu-ray menu. Prior it consisted of 4 pages, Page ID 0 through Page ID 3. Title selection took place on Page ID 0 (GPR1, 1 to GPR1, 4) and Page ID 1 (GPR1, 5 to GPR1, 6). Series selection took place on Page ID 2 (...paired with Page ID 0) and Page ID 3 (...paired with Page ID 1).

So that's no longer the case. Note the above image. I've since added an additional page bumping my original Pages 0-3 to Pages 1-4. Page ID 0 now consists of a single button, a hidden button that's set to activate automatically (auto_action_flag), the Navigation Commands of the button redirecting me to the actual page I'd like to land on per the below.

LE GPR1, 4 (If GPR1 is less than or equal to 4...)
SetButtonPage 0, 1 (...go to BOG 0 on Page ID 1.)
GE GPR1, 5 (If GPR1 is greater than or equal to 5...)
SetButtonPage 0, 2 (...go to BOG 0 on Page ID 2.)

The jump from Page ID 0 to the given target page is transparent to the end user in this case. To the end user the menu background is displayed for a fraction of a second longer before the target page is displayed. Such a simple solution. Why I didn't think of it sooner is beyond me. In any event, just thought I'd share my latest adventure here. Really enjoying my time spent in BDedit. Pretty amazing tool, especially for someone like myself that doesn't own any Blu-ray menu authoring software. Color me impressed.

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd February 2022 at 05:48.
Old 7th February 2022, 22:35   #272  |  Link
Cesarleeds

Hi guys

I´m fighting this annoying issue with a couple of igs menu.

I have edited several ones before, i think i basically know how it works.

Thing is that, once i play the BD with the new menus (both top menu and pop up menu) they are just not there, bd player will show the old unedited ones.

So i go back to bdedit, check those them again, and indeed changes are there, menus are the new ones.

I just don´t know how to fix this...
Cesarleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2022, 08:43   #273  |  Link
Lowpro

How to copy and paste multiple BOG command lines at once within BDedit.

I've never been able to copy and paste multiple command lines from one Button Overlap Group (BOG) to another using BDedit. I've only ever been able to copy and paste a single command line at a time. (I'm presently running BDedit v0.50b6.) Well about an hour ago I figured it out. Thought I'd share the love in the event others find it helpful. See below.

Copying (Ctrl-C) a single BOG command line...

Pasting (Ctrl-X) the single BOG command line...

Do I really want to do this one command line at a time? I don't think so.

Step 1: Right click to access the "Edit mode" and "Read only" options.

Step 2: Select the "Read only" option. Notice how the entire command line became highlighted that I had selected at the time.

Step 3: Using the "Shift" key I'm then able to select multiple command lines, then copying (Ctrl-C) them, the status bar displaying the message, "Command(s) copied".

(Only consecutive lines can be copied. "Ctrl" doesn't work for adding/removing individual items from your selection. "Ctrl" and "Shift" don't work in combination either.)

Step 4: Once copied the command lines can be pasted from "Read only" or "Edit mode". In the below example I returned to the single command line I had copied and pasted earlier changing to "Edit mode".

(Command lines can be deleted while in "Read only" mode as well, "Edit mode" only being required if you want to change a value in a given field.)

Step 5: And the moment of truth. Pasting (Ctrl-X) within the command line field results in the below.

Now tell me that isn't a beautiful thing. The hours of my life I could have saved over the past month alone.

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd February 2022 at 05:49.
Old 8th February 2022, 22:27   #274  |  Link
ocean

Congratulations Lowpro, thanks for sharing the guide, which will be useful for those who read and have to intervene on the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesarleeds View Post
Thing is that, once i play the BD with the new menus (both top menu and pop up menu) they are just not there, bd player will show the old unedited ones.

So i go back to bdedit, check those them again, and indeed changes are there, menus are the new ones.

I just don´t know how to fix this...
Hi Cesarleeds, you can leave me the m2ts file of the menu, original and modified, if you prefer also through private messaging.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2022, 00:09   #275  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Congratulations Lowpro, thanks for sharing the guide, which will be useful for those who read and have to intervene on the menu.
You're welcome and yes, I do think it will be useful. It will be especially useful in my case as I use BDedit to create Blu-ray menus. I have little interest in modifying existing Blu-ray menus. So yeah, the ability to copy and paste multiple BOG command lines at once is most excellent. It will be a huge timesaver for me.

Last edited by Lowpro; 18th February 2022 at 17:31.
Old 9th February 2022, 15:59   #276  |  Link
Lowpro

Software based Blu-ray players are too forgiving. Not a good thing.

I've spent the past couple weeks figuring out how to create Blu-ray menus using BDedit. In the process I discovered just how forgiving software based Blu-ray players can be versus hardware based players. Thought I'd share a couple examples. See below.

This first example involves the "SetButtonPage" command. The below outlines proper usage based on the destination of the target button in question. The below must be followed for hardware based Blu-ray players. If not, navigation within the same page will fail.

Opcode | Destination | Source | Command line
51C00003 80000008 80000003 SetButtonPage 8, 3 // Destination located on different page.
51C00003 80000008 00000003 SetButtonPage 8, (3) // Destination located on same page.

Software based Blu-ray players are a different story evidently. Well, at least with PowerDVD 18. PowerDVD 18 doesn't care whether the above is followed or not. If the target button resides on the same page either method works which is unfortunate as it's not possible to catch the mistake when made. As such, I've learned the importance of burning the given Blu-ray menu to BD-RE and testing with a hardware based Blu-ray player prior to incorporating the Blu-ray menu into the final project and burning to BD-R.

The second example I'd like to share is with respects to a Button Overlap Group (BOG) that contains multiple buttons. When a BOG contains multiple buttons only one button within the BOG can be used at any given time and must be enabled first per the below.

Opcode | Destination | Source | Command line
31800004 00000009 00000000 EnableButton 9

When enabling a button within the BOG the other buttons within the BOG are disabled. This practice must be followed with respects to hardware based Blu-ray players. If not your Blu-ray menu is dead in the water, i.e. attempting to navigate to one of the buttons within the BOG not having enabled it first.

The same can't be said for PowerDVD 18 however which again is unfortunate. Another missed opportunity to catch any mistakes when testing. PowerDVD 18 in this case doesn't care whether you enable a given button or not. If a BOG contains multiple buttons simply navigating to one of them enables the button automatically, the other buttons within the BOG being disabled.

And for those interested, I just uploaded the latest version of the Blu-ray menu I created for "The Office: The Complete Series (2001-2003)" to my web space. The download is available here for those interested and may prove insightful for others just starting out like myself. I include a download for all my assets as well. I've been playing around with the Blu-ray menu for the past couple weeks as I attempt to figure all of this stuff out. I finally reached the point where I have a solid grasp on the basics I think. The latest version of the Blu-ray menu is far more refined than the previous versions, i.e. when looking it over in BDedit and now includes a "Play All" type option which can be turned on and off. That was fun to implement. Again, feel free to check it out if you like.

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd February 2022 at 05:50.
Old 16th February 2022, 17:12   #277  |  Link
Lowpro

I decided to spend some time this morning looking over the Button Overlap Groups (BOGs) for the latest Blu-ray menu I created using BDedit reducing the number of command lines where possible. That being said, I thought I'd share a fun example of this. See below.

Page 1 BOG 0 (Left: Before | Right: After)

The instance of BDedit to the left shows the original command lines for Page 1 BOG 0. The instance of BDedit to the right shows the changes I made which start at Line 6, i.e. 0005. I use the value of GPR1 to determine the Title (Episode) button which should be selected when applicable, in the case of BOG 0, the Title button initially selected when going to Page 1.

When a given Title button is selected there's a separate button displayed showing a description of the Title, i.e. buttons 24-29 which make up BOG 22. Only one button within BOG 22 can be displayed at any given time, i.e. enabled. When one of the buttons within BOG 22 is enabled the other buttons automatically become disabled. So lets read through the original command lines used shall we.

EQ GPR1, 1 (If the value of GPR1 equals 1...)
EnableButton 24 (...display button 24, the description for Title 1.)
EQ GPR1, 2 (If the value of GPR1 equals 2...)
EnableButton 25 (...display button 25, the description for Title 2.)
EQ GPR1, 3 (If the value of GPR1 equals 3...)
EnableButton 26 (...display button 26, the description for Title 3.)
EQ GPR1, 4 (If the value of GPR1 equals 4...)
EnableButton 27 (...display button 27, the description for Title 4.)
EQ GPR1, 5 (If the value of GPR1 equals 5...)
EnableButton 28 (...display button 28, the description for Title 5.)
EQ GPR1, 6 (If the value of GPR1 equals 6...)
EnableButton 29 (...display button 29, the description for Title 6.)
SetButtonPage GPR1, (1) (Select the Title button with the same value as GPR1 on the same page.)

Notice the pattern here. The given button I'm enabling is always 23 higher in value than the value of GPR1. As such, why not add 23 to the value of GPR1 temporarily, use GPR1 to call out the button I want to enable, then subtract 23 from GPR1 again prior to using GPR1 to call out the Title button I want selected. What is it that they say? Sometimes less is more. End result shown below.

Add GPR1, 23 (Add 23 to the value of GPR1.)
EnableButton GPR1 (Enable the button with the same value as GPR1.)
Sub GPR1, 23 (Subtract 23 from the value of GPR1.)
SetButtonPage GPR1, (1) (Select the Title button with the same value as GPR1 on the same page.)

Pretty cool, eh. Well, I think so. I went from 13 command lines down to 4 command lines. Not bad if I do say so myself. In any event, just thought I'd share. Now to update Page 2 BOG 0 in the same fashion. The fun never ends!

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd February 2022 at 05:51.
Old 19th March 2022, 11:21   #278  |  Link
Somnuek

Hi,
I have problem,
some movies from Lionsgate use java menu 00301.jar no problem fixed menu can change subtitle menu.
but some movie from Lionsgate use java menu 00000.jar java problem can not fixed (RED 1+2)
I use Anydvd 6.7.6.0.
Please, help.
Somnuek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2022, 16:27   #279  |  Link
ocean

Hi Somnuek, welcome to the forum, try use AnyDvd 6.5.4.4:

anydvd-6-5-4-4
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2022, 20:49   #280  |  Link
Somnuek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Hi Somnuek, welcome to the forum, try use AnyDvd 6.5.4.4:

anydvd-6-5-4-4
It works for both 00301.jar and 00000.jar.
but is a trial version, It would be better if there was a full version.

Thanks
Somnuek is offline   Reply With Quote