Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th June 2008, 14:28   #1  |  Link
nix0

Video out of synch!

I am trying to convert episodal TV series DVD's into separate xvid. Using DVDDecrypter 3.5.4 in IFO mode I can extract the VOB/IFO for each program into its own directory fine (viewing with VLC or WMP shows them complete and in synch).

Now when I encode these, using either AutoGK 2.45 or GK 0.35, the first episode on the DVD encodes correctly, all subsequent episodes end up out of synch. The reason I put "Video out of synch" and not audio is that the audio plays with the same timing as on the VOB, the video has a whole load of blank (Duplicate Frames it says in GSpot) frames, around 10-15 seconds worth, at the begining before the episode starts. I've read the audio faq but that says the decrypting could be at fault, though the VOB seems to play fine.

Although I can resynch these in Nandub, there is the blank frames at the start to remove, not so easy when the first key frames are at 250, 500 and the ep starts at 400 or so.
nix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 15:05   #2  |  Link
stax76

You can try the following:

1.) In DVD Decrypter maybe you can disable cells at the beginning.
2.) Use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode cutting bits at the beginning.
3.) Use PgcDemux though I don't think this would work.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 23:39   #3  |  Link
nix0

Thanks, option 1 worked. The first episode only had 1 cell for the first chapter, where as the others had 30+. Most of them were a single frame (or 2) in length, so deselecting these solves the synch problem (gspot still says DF, but this is less of a problem).
nix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 00:29   #4  |  Link
stax76

Great, it seems nasty DVD structures become more popular so I'm gonna continue to participate in threads like this in order to educate myself on the topic.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autogk, synch, xvid