Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th September 2012, 10:49   #14201  |  Link
fastplayer

It's NOT a video renderer's job to change wallpaper settings.
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 11:04   #14202  |  Link
ryrynz

True, but I don't think this request is unreasonable considering.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 11:17   #14203  |  Link
ajp_anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Everyone using madVR needs to buy one of the 27" Korean monitors. I've been reading quite a bit about them and it seems like they really do what they say they do.

I'm about to buy this monitor:

27" S-IPS LED 2560 x 1440 Glossy LG Panel, overclockable up to 120Hz

http://120hz.net/showthread.php?629-...le-Information
I've looked at those too, but
1. The monitor is important to me, and those don't have the same quality control (backlight bleed, dead pixels) as a more expensive one from a local physical store where it's easy to return.
2. Both my desktop and my future laptop have Intel graphics that need Displayport for those resolutions. The Korean monitors don't have it, except for the relatively more expensive Crossover something Gold, which doesn't overclock at all (so perhaps no underclock either).

A review of the -850D said 50Hz works at native res, so I just hoped the newer -850T would do the same, and it did. The more expensive -970D doesn't.

Last edited by ajp_anton; 27th September 2012 at 11:23.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 11:45   #14204  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I just ran into a strange new issue with 0.83.5 where the Windowed mode Backbuffer Queue refused to fill after exiting FSE, and I was getting constant dropped frames because of it.

If I figure out a way to reliably reproduce it, I'll get you a debug log.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 13:33   #14205  |  Link
detmek

Problem with madVR 0.83.5
1. Overlay and FSE checked in settings
2. Open video
3. Go to FSE
4. Reopen video in FSE
5. Go to Overlay windowed
Result:

Log
detmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 13:56   #14206  |  Link
pirlouy
_

You have to be precise. An image is not enough to understand. What is the problem ? Black image or MPC-BE Gui problem ?

And you don't respect forum by posting such a big image.

Last edited by pirlouy; 27th September 2012 at 13:58.
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 13:59   #14207  |  Link
Yellow_

Does MadVR work with an NVidia 210?
Yellow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 14:05   #14208  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Prinz:
Here's an updated version of the ZP MAX build that tries to capture and hide the OLE error, let me know if it helps:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104094858/zplayer_madExcept2.rar
Old 27th September 2012, 14:21   #14209  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
With v83.5, it doesn't show the D3D error and pause the video anymore from FSE to Overlay the first time, but now it fails to go back to FSE.

When I go in fullscreen again, I get "exclusive mode failed" in the OSD and when I check with ctrl+j, it says "fullscreen overlay mode". The madVR custom seekbar is there though.
Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12 View Post
Wanted to provide a little more detail to some performance issues I have seen with Windows 8.

Windows 8 RTM (64)
Nvidia 560Ti
Nvidia driver ver. 306.23
MPC-HC 1.6.4.6011
LAV Filters 0.51.3-53
madVR - Comparing 0.82.5 (with antiringing 6 updates) - 0.83.5
MKV Blu-Ray direct rip files tested - VC-1, VC-1i, H264, H264i material

Problem:
With 0.83.5 files begin and play correctly, but if you jump ahead or back a number of times all of a sudden frames start dropping, stuttering and it does not stop or correct after pausing. It is consistent. Go back to 0.82.5 and there are no problems. ...

Cannot forward a log file or video sample because there is no crash or error indicated and have to move around a very large (20-40GB) file to see the issue. But it is consistent and always seen on this system and changing back to 0.82.5 always corrects the issue.
In the moment when you get those frame drops, can you please make a screenshot of the madVR OSD (Ctrl+J)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yok833 View Post
Here is a picture during a big drop frame in FSE... no problem if I stay just in FS.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko26zqvp8ct0f0h/FSE.jpg
I have also noticed that sometimes after few minutes in FSE it switch itself in FS
Hmmmm... "max rendering: 185.49ms". Huh? It seems that rendering one of the frames took 185ms. How could that happen?? Very weird. And this did not happen with older madVR builds? Are you sure? Do you know a way to reproduce this problem? Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
When I try to past my yCMS settings in the foreseen "text-box", upon pressing the "Apply" or "OK" button, I get crash and an exception message like this :
Code:
  '0.42140' is not a valid floating point value.
How is that ? Does the tool maybe expect a format with a mantissa and an exponent ? ;-)
I replied to your email a couple of days ago. You might want to check your spam folder if you didn't receive my reply. It seems that your PC expects floating point numbers to look different than "0.42140", I'm not sure why. I'm explicitely setting the decimator to ".", so I don't see why it should fail. I think the only way to get to the bottom of this would be to do a couple of test builds. But that should be something we do via email.

A question worth asking is also: Why does this problem occur now? I've changed nothing about decimal settings. Maybe something has changed on your end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhi View Post
madshi, when you get to it please check if it's possible to make madvr work with the native Nvidia Rotation from the driver.
I have this on my to do list, but priority is not very high for now. Sooo many other things to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmek View Post
Problem with madVR 0.83.5
1. Overlay and FSE checked in settings
2. Open video
3. Go to FSE
4. Reopen video in FSE
5. Go to Overlay windowed
Result:
You mean the screwed up MPC-BE control bar? I'm not sure if that's madVR's fault. You could try playing around with the Aero disabling options in the madVR "rendering" settings page. Maybe that works around the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
Sorry, I couldn't check this forum in the last few days and so, couldn't reply.

It's strange that when I click on Filters while viewing a still image, I see no source filter. However, in that filters list, there is an option which allows me to view Properties of the file (I am not sure if you referred to this filter). I have attached a file having the text from the Pin Info tab of that Properties window.

Normally, when I play a video, I can see Lav Splitter Source as the Source Splitter. Please let me know if you need any more information.
I've tested again. MPC-HC is using the same source filter on my PC that is used on yours. On mine there was no "Color Space Converter" in the graph, though. So I added it to the "preferred" filters, then it showed up, too. In either case, with or without the Color Space Converter, jpg images show just fine on my PC with madVR, no crash at all.

Maybe you can try again with the latest madVR build and if the crash still occurs, upload another crash report? I'm not sure if it will help, though. The crash report you uploaded earlier didn't help, unfortunately. So there's a chance if you create another one, it might not help, either. But that's all we can try right now.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 14:37   #14210  |  Link
detmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
You have to be precise. An image is not enough to understand. What is the problem ? Black image or MPC-BE Gui problem ?

And you don't respect forum by posting such a big image.
GUI problem. You can't take screenshot of video in Overlay or FSE so video appiers black.
Image is 75kB. That is not big. Or you mean resolution?

@madshi Seams the problem is MPC-BE, not Aero. I can not reproduce it with MPC-HC 1.6.3.5818. I will try with PotPlayer. If I can't reproduce it I will report it in MPC-BE tread.
Old 27th September 2012, 14:50   #14211  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Any reports about the performance of closing the media player or changing video files, anyone? Did v0.83.5 bring the performance back to v0.82.5 levels for you? Or is it still noticeably slower compared to v0.82.5?
Old 27th September 2012, 15:13   #14212  |  Link
Prinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
Prinz:
Here's an updated version of the ZP MAX build that tries to capture and hide the OLE error, let me know if it helps:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104094858/zplayer_madExcept2.rar
Still crashing:
Bugreport
Prinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 15:38   #14213  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Looks exactly like before. @Blight, did you put a simple "try [...] except end" block around your "TdwTaskbarThumbnails.DoUpdate" function?
Old 27th September 2012, 16:20   #14214  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Any reports about the performance of closing the media player or changing video files, anyone? Did v0.83.5 bring the performance back to v0.82.5 levels for you? Or is it still noticeably slower compared to v0.82.5?
For me 83.5 is still noticeably slower than 82.5 whether overlay is enabled or not. Pretty much the same media closing time for both options (enabled or not). Sorry, I would have reported my results earlier but I didn't realize that v83.5 was trying to improve on this...
andybkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 16:28   #14215  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Can you please add the checkbox to turn off the wallpaper changer or it would be even beter if you could add a textbox which takes in any command line and executes it before and another textbox that executes a command line before exiting.
I won't add a checkbox for wallpaper changing. Making the settings dialog more complicated for a feature which probably only few people need is not something I like to do. Adding a textbox for script execs sounds more reasonable, I might actually do that, but probably not anytime soon, I'm sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybkma View Post
For me 83.5 is still noticeably slower than 82.5 whether overlay is enabled or not. Pretty much the same media closing time for both options (enabled or not). Sorry, I would have reported my results earlier but I didn't realize that v83.5 was trying to improve on this...
Thanks for the feedback. I've found out why it's been slower, and it wasn't (at least not exclusively) caused by the D3D shutdown, after all. Should be fixed in the next build.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:39   #14216  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

madVR v0.83.6 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed: some more Overlay related issues (black screen, error messages etc)
* fixed: media player closing and loading a different video was slow
Old 27th September 2012, 16:46   #14217  |  Link
detmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
With v83.5, it doesn't show the D3D error and pause the video anymore from FSE to Overlay the first time, but now it fails to go back to FSE.

When I go in fullscreen again, I get "exclusive mode failed" in the OSD and when I check with ctrl+j, it says "fullscreen overlay mode". The madVR custom seekbar is there though.

When it first launch directly in fullscreen, it says "fullscreen exclusive mode" like usual.

Here's a debug log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/aqrdgcrw2n2l8df/madVR_log_SamKook_2012-09-26.rar
+1 for this. Is log needed?

Edit: I can reproduce a bug with MPC-HC and MPC-BE but not with PotPlayer. With Pot render goes to FSE after 1-2 seconds.

Edit2: Never mind. Works OK with 0.83.6.

Last edited by detmek; 27th September 2012 at 16:53.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:52   #14218  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@detmek, try v0.83.6.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:54   #14219  |  Link
detmek

I edited post above. It works now.
Old 27th September 2012, 17:29   #14220  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
* fixed: media player closing and loading a different video was slow[/code]
Wow, that's really working nice here. Thank you ... :-)
andybkma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling