Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 24th March 2009, 18:19   #1  |  Link
truist

DVD authoring

In IFO edit I am offered two choices for the video input section. Which should I choose? Also, for the sake of trial and error, I input data into all the required fields (ac3, sub, and the position file). When I press okay I get the error message: "Internal Error: Additional data required but no free space in input buffer." There is plenty of space on the hard drive. Why does this occur?
truist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 19:44   #2  |  Link
manolito

Hi truist,

I know this error message from the Imago muxer. It has nothing to do with free hard drive space. It is caused by trying to mux streams which do not comply to the DVD specs, and usually this means buffer underruns in the video stream (mostly due to bitrate spikes).

Try to mux your streams with Muxman (free version). I am quite sure that Muxman will also refuse to mux these streams, but it gives you a much clearer error message in its log file.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, authoring, dvd authoring, ifoedit