Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd June 2008, 06:14   #1  |  Link
jeffnoone

Current good way to get HD material (BD/HD-DVD) playable on PS3

My general goal here is to keep the video untouched and keep good quality audio (?recoded) from original BD/HD, and make it watchable on PS3

I would prefer to play these over a network, but using a USB drive or USB hard-drive to USB port on PS3 is an option

I would like to be able to play these resultant files on other PC's, using things like Zoomplayer/MPC

I understand there are different HD video formats on various HD/BD, as well as different audio formats

I have seen methods that look at recreating a BD structure, another method to create an AVCHD structure on a USB drive

As a newbie to this area, was hoping to get some pointers on current state of play for this

Ideally if someone could suggest a relatively quick (from user input perspective) method that works for most video and audio formats, with some suggestions as to how to cope with the more difficult audio/video formats

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Guest; 3rd June 2008 at 13:23. Reason: rule 12
jeffnoone is offline   Reply With Quote