Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd December 2023, 15:23   #7281  |  Link
tebasuna51

Generic upgrade https://sourceforge.net/p/megui/feature-requests/695/

But without many chances.
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:19   #7282  |  Link
TsUNaMy WaVe

Hello!
I've encountered a weird error. Upon installing Megui on a new PC, everything seems well at first. But when running a job, Megui crashes upon the job completion (and there are other jobs it's supposed to run after). When reopening Megui, the queue has all jobs, including the completed one, as "waiting", and there is no error log whatsoever. Has anyone encountered it before and knows what to do?
TsUNaMy WaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2024, 09:48   #7283  |  Link
nakTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
Hello!
I've encountered a weird error. Upon installing Megui on a new PC, everything seems well at first. But when running a job, Megui crashes upon the job completion (and there are other jobs it's supposed to run after). When reopening Megui, the queue has all jobs, including the completed one, as "waiting", and there is no error log whatsoever. Has anyone encountered it before and knows what to do?
Yes. I encounter the same issue. When i run 2-pass x265 encoding it will post error on the second pass. My workaround all these while was toI change the status to waiting and close MeGUI and reopen. I try again to run the second pass and it runs till the end.
nakTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2024, 14:51   #7284  |  Link
TsUNaMy WaVe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakTT View Post
Yes. I encounter the same issue. When i run 2-pass x265 encoding it will post error on the second pass. My workaround all these while was toI change the status to waiting and close MeGUI and reopen. I try again to run the second pass and it runs till the end.
The thing is even after reopening it doesn't say error. It is shown as waiting again even though a file was made. And if I rerun the job, it rewrite the file but again, just crashes upon completion, and no logs.
TsUNaMy WaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2024, 15:16   #7285  |  Link
nakTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
The thing is even after reopening it doesn't say error. It is shown as waiting again even though a file was made. And if I rerun the job, it rewrite the file but again, just crashes upon completion, and no logs.
Mine working just fine after i rerun my second pass.
Old 4th January 2024, 21:24   #7286  |  Link
obiwan

Hello there!

Is the development of MeGUI still ongoing, or only the libraries are updated? I made a simple feature request (almost 2 years ago ), even did a .patch file for the source code (I don't have "push" permissions to the repository, nor the tools to build whole package), but it went unnoticed I think...
And I just asked to add "SincResize" to the resizers list. https://sourceforge.net/p/megui/feature-requests/677/
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2024, 11:52   #7287  |  Link
nakTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
Hello there!

Is the development of MeGUI still ongoing, or only the libraries are updated? I made a simple feature request (almost 2 years ago ), even did a .patch file for the source code (I don't have "push" permissions to the repository, nor the tools to build whole package), but it went unnoticed I think...
And I just asked to add "SincResize" to the resizers list. https://sourceforge.net/p/megui/feature-requests/677/
I wonder the same thing.
Hope in this new year of 2024 we can get MeGUI to add support for encoders like AV1 and VVC.

Thank you in advance to the MeGUI developers.
Old 29th January 2024, 13:42   #7288  |  Link
obiwan

Nah, more than 3 weeks - no response.
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote