Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 14th February 2013, 18:23   #61  |  Link
nautilus7

ok, i will.
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 18:43   #62  |  Link
nautilus7

Well, i tried, but it doesn't let you create en empty xml. It detects that no png's are rendered and it doesn't output an xml.
Old 14th February 2013, 19:38   #63  |  Link
paradoxical

Then create an ASS script with a single event that has no text. You'll get a single rendered PNG and it won't actually show anything. It'll work just the same as if it was truly empty.
Old 14th February 2013, 20:01   #64  |  Link
nautilus7

This is exactly what i did.

Code:
avs2bdnxml -o output.xml c:\encoding\subtitles.avs
CPU: Using SSE2 optimized functions.
avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (100 frames)
Progress: 100/100 - Lines: 0 - Done
No events detected. Refusing to write XML file.
Code:
[Script Info]
; Script generated by Aegisub 3.0.2
; http://www.aegisub.org/
Title: Default Aegisub file
ScriptType: v4.00+
WrapStyle: 1
ScaledBorderAndShadow: yes
Collisions: Normal
Last Style Storage: Default
PlayResX: 1920
PlayResY: 1080
Scroll Position: 0
Active Line: 1
Video Zoom Percent: 1
YCbCr Matrix: None

[V4+ Styles]
Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
Style: Default,Arial,20,&H00FFFFFF,&H000000FF,&H00000000,&H00000000,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,1,2,2,2,10,10,10,1

[Events]
Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: 0,0:00:01.00,0:00:02.00,Default,,0,0,0,,
Old 14th February 2013, 20:36   #65  |  Link
paradoxical

Download: this.
Old 14th February 2013, 20:57   #66  |  Link
nautilus7

Thanks.
Old 19th February 2013, 17:01   #67  |  Link
paradoxical

Yes, I have gotten behind on getting the next version out mostly because the amount of changes have been quite extensive to support multi-region subs. It will come soon.

Also to mood: I've eked out another 20-30% on processing that badly made subtitle file you posted using Mitchell filtering downsizing to 720p. For most of the resize filters that calculate the same values over and over again I was able to replace those parts with compile-time constant expressions that have lead to most of the filtering speed up. They still aren't as fast as they could be, but this is simply just trying to optimize without dropping to assembly or intrinsics at this point.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:09   #68  |  Link
paradoxical

New snapshot build for Windows can be grabbed *link updated below* (I've also updated the link in the first post). OS X build will come later tonight.

This has the CLI fix for Selur in it and the support for reading and decoding multi-region BDSUP and multi-graphic BDN+XML. Right now, with the multi-region SUP and the multi-graphic BDN+XML both regions/graphics are merged into one when output. This will be fixed in the next build so that BDSUPs will be output with two windows and the BDN+XML can be output with 2 graphics. Trying to support that was taking a lot of changes all over the place and was causing the delays so I backed out those changes to make this build. Please test to make sure there hasn't been any regressions or something indirectly broken by the changes done.

This is still marked as 1.0.2 alpha as I do want to get the output fixed for BDSUP and BDN+XML as mentioned above for the 1.0.2 release. Also I want to fix the issue r0lz reported a while back for the move from original y position not working properly.

Last edited by paradoxical; 4th March 2013 at 21:48.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:12   #69  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
OS X build will come later tonight.
Nice!
Old 4th March 2013, 21:54   #70  |  Link
paradoxical

Ok, I did find a tiny regression. Updated the link to fixed version in first post. Also, new link is *link removed for now* as well.

Last edited by paradoxical; 7th March 2013 at 16:11.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:30   #71  |  Link
mini-moose

just tried the latest version. I used the same cmd I always do and there's a lot of those coming up (haven's seen those before):

QString::arg: Argument missing: , windows 0 dim: 0*1920, 1080

It might have to do with this?:

QxtCommandOptions: option "verbatim" not found
QxtCommandOptions: option "no-verbatim" not found

is that a switch that needs to be added now?

The results seem fine and subs are created fast, just not sure what the above are..

Also as I mentioned before at the end of the process there last line always seems to be a few lines short:

Decoding frame 1246/1271 at offset 01d29be6
Conversion of 1 file(s) finished

again, not something that seems to be causing issues but it seems a bit weird.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 16:10   #72  |  Link
paradoxical

No, it's unrelated. Though the build as posted should have had the fix to that. The second issue is due to a change that I didn't mean to be in that build. I changed the switch to "verbose" and "no-verbose" but apparently didn't update the help text since I hadn't meant for it to go out yet.

Since I'm in the middle of other changes, I'll just pull that build for now. Right now I'm finishing up some stuff related to the multi-region/multi-graphic output working correctly. I have it working fine if you don't do any scaling/moving but otherwise it screws up the image windows if you do.

Last edited by paradoxical; 7th March 2013 at 16:15.
Old 7th March 2013, 21:20   #73  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
No, it's unrelated. Though the build as posted should have had the fix to that.
thanks.

Another thing I was wondering about. Sometimes SDH sups have this black background when I preview them in the sw and in the created vobsubs. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way or not.
Old 7th March 2013, 21:55   #74  |  Link
paradoxical

Yeah, I saw that on the issue tracker. Can you repost the files? The mediafire links are dead.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:19   #75  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that on the issue tracker. Can you repost the files? The mediafire links are dead.
don't think I posted such files (just that weird horror one). I can check and see if I have any if needed.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:25   #76  |  Link
paradoxical

Okay, well someone posted links to files reporting that issue. Either way, the links that are here are dead. So the original file and the bdsup2sub++ output would be helpful.
Old 8th March 2013, 12:39   #77  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Okay, well someone posted links to files reporting that issue.
found one for you to try:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cx8cgl8uvhgxha1
Old 8th March 2013, 16:43   #78  |  Link
paradoxical

Okay that doesn't seem to be what I was thinking of and is unrelated to that issue I linked. The issue I was thinking was that someone was seeing bdsup2sub and ++ adding some black outline to certain subtitles that other programs didn't when converting.

As to your file: Everything I can open it in shows the same black borders. Even PGStoBDN when you have it output it as PNGs has the same black borders. It looks like that's just the way the subs were made.

Last edited by paradoxical; 8th March 2013 at 20:02.
Old 9th March 2013, 12:46   #79  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Okay that doesn't seem to be what I was thinking of and is unrelated to that issue I linked. The issue I was thinking was that someone was seeing bdsup2sub and ++ adding some black outline to certain subtitles that other programs didn't when converting.
ok, I thought that was what others were talking about. Guess I was wrong.
Old 13th March 2013, 18:46   #80  |  Link
paradoxical

So after a long and tedious effort, I now have multi-region BD Sup/multi-graphic BDN+XML import/export working in all the test files I've tried. Scaling and moving had to also be changed all over the place to accommodate this, but these work as well in my tests. Last two things to do before releasing 1.0.2 is to look into the bug related in the "move from original y position" option and then just run it a few times through some performance/memory usage tests to make sure nothing has regressed in that manner.

If anyone wants to play around with another pre-release build here is an executable for Windows. I've done a lot of testing and see no issues, but if someone can break anything or spot a regression I'm not finding please let me know. You will now be able to use this to shift timings, move, scale etc. without worrying about it destroying your multi-region/epoch sup files as it would previously.

Oh and for anyone using this via cli the "verbatim" and "no-verbatim" options have been changed to "verbose" and "no-verbose". I've updated the first post to reflect this as well.

Last edited by paradoxical; 13th March 2013 at 18:49.