Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2007, 06:51   #361  |  Link
xc3ll

neuron2, just sent u a pm w/a video snippet.

btw, I'm very interested in helping. If you could direct me as to what books/websites to go to, I would like to learn how to help out.

thx

Last edited by xc3ll; 9th June 2007 at 06:53.
Old 9th June 2007, 08:16   #362  |  Link
canTsTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Thank you.

Can you please try this debug DLL and give me a Dr Watson dump using that? Thanks.

http://neuron2.net/guest/libavcodec.zip
with this DLL, DGAVCIndex dont start at all, and no Dr Watsons dump
this is error

Old 9th June 2007, 09:09   #363  |  Link
klinika

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
What was your processor before and after, please?
Before amd sempron 2800, now intel c2d 6600.
Old 9th June 2007, 10:29   #364  |  Link
humanzoo666

First of all, I would like to thank you, neuron2, for your whole work and for the great pieces of software you are giving to the community.
I have made a fresh install (unzipped to a new directory) of alpha6
and it works like a charm. I have tested with the 2 samples bundled in alpha2 archive and with a custom made x264 encode and they all work fine. I have tried a simple avs script and it works too.

P.S. I do not have ffmpeg installed on my computer and I have no other libavcodec.dll in my system directory.
Old 9th June 2007, 11:49   #365  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

I love this tool. It works fine on about 50% of AVC BluRay discs right now. Notably, worked for me on

0.5a worked on Identity (produced lots of ignoreable errors but worked fine)
0.6a worked on Pursuit of Happyness (produced [h264 @ 00D1700C]Internal error, IDCT permutation not set error but worked fine)
0.4a worked on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

0.6a did NOT work on

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (worked but video colors were severely distorted with a purple/green "haze")
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (same)
Freedom Writers (worked but color distortion problem occured 20 minutes in)

Last edited by Neo Fagin; 9th June 2007 at 11:51.
Old 9th June 2007, 16:59   #366  |  Link
Revgen

@ Neo Faggin

Do the "not working" videos play well with ffdshow or VLC Player? Elementary streams can be played directly with VLC Player. If the problem is libavcodec, then it would be different then if the problem was DGAVCDec's.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 9th June 2007 at 17:05.
Old 9th June 2007, 20:37   #367  |  Link
xc3ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Fagin View Post
I love this tool. It works fine on about 50% of AVC BluRay discs right now. Notably, worked for me on

0.5a worked on Identity (produced lots of ignoreable errors but worked fine)
0.6a worked on Pursuit of Happyness (produced [h264 @ 00D1700C]Internal error, IDCT permutation not set error but worked fine)
0.4a worked on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

0.6a did NOT work on

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (worked but video colors were severely distorted with a purple/green "haze")
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (same)
Freedom Writers (worked but color distortion problem occured 20 minutes in)
Neo, you say that Pursuit worked even tho you got the IDCT error... did you have to do anything special? When I get it, x264 skips the second pass, although it does seem to complete the first.

EDIT: It seems as if I can run the 2nd pass... we'll see how it turns out.
Old 9th June 2007, 23:31   #368  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
@ Neo Faggin

Do the "not working" videos play well with ffdshow or VLC Player? Elementary streams can be played directly with VLC Player. If the problem is libavcodec, then it would be different then if the problem was DGAVCDec's.
None of them played with ffdshow/VLC, except the pirates movies which produced the same weird color issue, but when playing those with ffdshow they skipped huge amounts of frames, whereas dgavcdec did not.
Old 10th June 2007, 00:07   #369  |  Link
tomos

i have the same issue. playing the raw avc in graphedit with sonics decoder and demultiplexer played it back fine. DSS also fine.
Old 10th June 2007, 01:02   #370  |  Link
Revgen

@tomos and Neo Fagin

I could be wrong, but this sounds like a libavcodec issue that I doubt Neuron2 wants to solve by himself. The only libavcodec issue he's publicly proclaimed interest in solving is the PAFF support issue. You might want to report this issue to the FFMPEG dev team instead.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 10th June 2007 at 01:05.
Old 10th June 2007, 21:16   #371  |  Link
xc3ll

Encoding finished, and it looks good. Neo Fagin was correct, the IDCT configuration does not seem to be a real problem.
Old 10th June 2007, 23:36   #372  |  Link
lucassp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Fagin View Post
I get the same error when I'm trying to encode some 1080p trailers, from Apple, with x264. the encoding stops after the first pass.
Old 11th June 2007, 07:44   #373  |  Link
Selur

Don't know if it helps, but:
Over in the german Doom9 forum a user had the same problem and mentioned that the problem was solved for him when exchanging libavcodec.dll through the one that comes with ffdshow.
Old 11th June 2007, 10:48   #374  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Don't know if it helps, but:
Over in the german Doom9 forum a user had the same problem and mentioned that the problem was solved for him when exchanging libavcodec.dll through the one that comes with ffdshow.
Yep, that was reported here too. But the point is that Neuron2 is trying to compile his own DLL for debugging purposes and because the DLL included in ffdshow contains code not needed for this tool. This is quite an important step in the further development of AVCIndex.

In stead of exchanging the DLL's i'd rather keep using Alpha5, untill Neuron2 finds the problem, and comes up with a fix
Old 11th June 2007, 13:42   #375  |  Link

I've replaced the libavcodec.dll in the alpha 6 package with the non-stripped one. Apparently I messed up something when stripping it down, although it doesn't crash on all machines. It's not urgent to have it stripped; I can still debug and trace with it.

Please advise if this one causes any problems. Just re-download alpha 6 and use the libavcodec.dll in there.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec100a6.zip
Old 12th June 2007, 21:38   #376  |  Link
canTsTop

i re-download alpha 6, its not working for me, it crash then i open video. but with libavcodec.dll from ffdshow its working
Old 13th June 2007, 05:08   #377  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Do you have the 2005 runtime and 2005sp1 runtime? One or the other will be necessary to run it, but if you can run ffdshow tryouts, you should already have that. Hmm.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:24   #378  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

You can add to me to the list of people for which included .dll doesn't work on 0.6. CPU: athlon XP 2600+
Is there any problem using the one from ffdshow, or should I use older versions of dvdavc?
Old 13th June 2007, 12:47   #379  |  Link

The thing I don't understand is that the one included in alpha 6 now *is* the one I built from ffdshow_tryouts. I will regenerate it this evening from a fresh SVN checkout and we'll see if that is OK.

If you have one from ffdshow that works, that is fine. The only thing missing will be the warning if you hit a PAFF frame.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:28   #380  |  Link

I have updated the alpha 6 package with a new build of libavcodec.dll. I simply took ffdshow_tryouts and built the beta 2 branch in release mode.

Please advise if you still have problems with this DLL.

To those people who are using the DLL from ffdshow: Do you mean the real ffdshow or ffdshow_tryouts? If the former please give me a link to the project.
Closed Thread