Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th May 2023, 07:01   #61  |  Link
varekai
Suspended for forum rule violations

WOW!! My favorite series!!
You are so damn good at this, a true Pro, amazing aesthetics!
How I wish I could do this…
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2023, 14:28   #62  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post
WOW!! My favorite series!!
You are so damn good at this, a true Pro, amazing aesthetics!
How I wish I could do this…
Thanks for the kind words and sounds like I made a good choice. I haven't watched the TV series before. I continue to hear good things so. As for the Blu-ray's, each episode contains a primary subtitle track. (Subtitles are turned off by default.) There are a number of episodes across the series which contain forced subtitles however. In those cases there's a second subtitle track just for the forced subtitles. Using BDedit I added additional navigation commands prior to the episodes in question playing. The commands check to see if subtitles are turned on. If subtitles are turned on no action is taken. If subtitles are turned off the second subtitle track is enabled, the forced subtitle track. If the second subtitle track is enabled and I go to play an episode which contains only the primary subtitle track, in that case the player enables the primary subtitle track since there's no second subtitle track. To prevent that from happening I added a second subtitle track to the STN table of the given playlist. As a result, the second subtitle track remains enabled when making the transition even if there really isn't one. Problem solved.

Last edited by Lowpro; 17th May 2023 at 16:29.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:18   #63  |  Link
Lowpro

Rabbit Hole: Season 1 (2023)

I just finished authoring this TV series to Blu-ray. Went with a basic Quick-Play menu replacing the menu graphics after the fact using BDedit. End result shown below for those interested in checking it out.

As seen from My Movies for Windows Media Center...

(Click on the image above to view my online profile for this title.)

As seen from my Blu-ray player...

(Blu-ray menu graphics confined to aspect ratio of presentation to accommodate my protector screen masking.)
Old 25th May 2023, 20:02   #64  |  Link
Lowpro

Gilligan's Island: The Complete Series Collection (1964-1967)

Another day, another TV series authored to Blu-ray. Went with basic Quick-Play menus once again replacing the graphics for the menu buttons after the fact using BDedit. I mirrored the episode breakdown per disc used by the DVD releases in this case. Each season is spread across 3 discs, 2 of the discs for each season being BD50's. End result shown below for those interested in checking it out.

(Additional Blu-ray Menus: Disc 2, Disc 3)

Last edited by Lowpro; 25th May 2023 at 20:05.
Old 28th May 2023, 03:50   #65  |  Link
Lowpro

The Blacklist: The Final Season (2023)

I purchased this TV series yesterday authoring the first 12 episodes to Blu-ray. End result shown below for those interested in checking it out.

(Click on the preview image above to view the full size image.)

I repurposed the Blu-ray menus I created for Season 9 in this case. (See here.) Season 10 has the same number of episodes so. Took me less than an hour from start to finish. Gotta love it!

Last edited by Lowpro; 28th May 2023 at 04:05.
Old 29th May 2023, 20:11   #66  |  Link
Lowpro

Top Menu. Two different layouts offered. :-P

I recently authored the TV Series, "Gilligan's Island" to Blu-ray. Prior to burning to disc I added a cool enhancement. Thought I'd share what I did with everyone.

The Top Menu for each Blu-ray now offers 2 different layouts. Navigating left or right at any time from the Top Menu provides for toggling between each layout. By default the 1.78:1 layout is used shown below.

I'll be using the above layout when watching on the plasma display in my home office. When using the front projector I'll be physically masking my 1.78:1 projector screen down to 1.33:1. When the masking is in place I'll be using the 1.33:1 layout shown below instead.

Last edited by Lowpro; 1st June 2023 at 00:27.
Old 31st May 2023, 20:19   #67  |  Link
Lowpro

Taxi: The Complete First Season (1978)

I authored Season 1 of this TV series to Blu-ray yesterday. The video wasn't in HD, but was at 24 fps. It scaled up quite nicely I must say, i.e. 1440x1080 matted to 1920x1080. Looks surprisingly good projected at 123" diagonal. Eye candy provided below for your viewing pleasure.

(Navigating down from the last item on Page 1 takes you to the first item on Page 2. Navigating up from the first item on Page 1 takes you to the last item on Page 2.)

(Navigating down from the last item on Page 2 takes you to the first item on Page 1. Navigating up from the first item on Page 2 takes you to the last item on Page 1.)

I included a 1.33:1 menu layout as well just as I did for "Gilligan's Island" per my prior post. See below.

Navigating left or right at any time provides for toggling between layouts, the current selection being retained when making the transition. By default the 1.78:1 layout is used. When my projector screen is physically masked down to 1.33:1 I'll use the 1.33:1 layout instead.

Last edited by Lowpro; 1st June 2023 at 00:25.
Old 3rd June 2023, 13:33   #68  |  Link
Lowpro

Taxi: The Complete Second Season (1979)

Well, only 3 seasons to go. Just finished authoring Season 2 to Blu-ray. Eye candy provided below.

(Navigating down from the last item on Page 1 takes you to the first item on Page 2. Navigating up from the first item on Page 1 takes you to the last item on Page 2.)

(Navigating down from the last item on Page 2 takes you to the first item on Page 1. Navigating up from the first item on Page 2 takes you to the last item on Page 1.)

And yes, I included a 1.33:1 layout as well. Looking pretty good if I do say so myself.

Navigating left or right at any time provides for toggling between layouts, the current selection being retained when making the transition. By default the 1.78:1 layout is used. When my projector screen is physically masked down to 1.33:1 I'll use the above layout instead.
Old 5th June 2023, 22:14   #69  |  Link
Lowpro

Taxi: The Complete Third Season (1980)

Moving right along. Just finished up Season 3. Eye candy provided below.

And here's what the 1.33:1 layout looks like.

Navigating left or right at any time provides for toggling between layouts, the current selection being retained when making the transition. By default the 1.78:1 layout is used. When my projector screen is physically masked down to 1.33:1 I'll use the above layout instead.
Old 8th June 2023, 22:04   #70  |  Link
Lowpro

Taxi: The Fourth Season (1981)

Only Season 5 left to go. Finished up Season 4 a short time ago. End result shown below for those interested in checking it out.

Last edited by Lowpro; 10th June 2023 at 03:29.
Old 10th June 2023, 02:21   #71  |  Link
Lowpro

Taxi: The Final Season (1982)

I just finished authoring the final season to Blu-ray. End result shown below.

Old 10th June 2023, 22:34   #72  |  Link
Lowpro

The Lost Room (2006)

Another day, another TV series authored to Blu-ray which has yet to see an actual Blu-ray release. Eye candy provided below.

(Navigating right while on the "Episodes" page provides for toggling between small and large thumbnails.)

And yes, this is the same menu layout I used for "NCIS: The Twentieth Season" and "Titan A.E.".
Old 13th June 2023, 18:29   #73  |  Link
Lowpro

Coupling (2000-2004)

I've had my assets for this one ready to go for a while. Finally decided to git er done. :-P End result shown below.

Old 14th June 2023, 17:18   #74  |  Link
Lowpro

Bones: The Complete Eleventh and Twelfth Seasons (2015-2017)

I've been working on authoring the TV series, "Bones" to Blu-ray. Just completed the final couple seasons, both of which mirror the Blu-ray menus I created for Season 10. End result shown below.

As seen from my Blu-ray Player...

(Additional Blu-ray Menus: Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4)

As seen from my Blu-ray Player...

(Click here to view the Blu-ray menu for Disc 2.)

Last edited by Lowpro; 16th June 2023 at 20:57.
Old 18th June 2023, 00:29   #75  |  Link
Lowpro

The Virginian: The Complete First Season (1962)

What can I say, the fun never ends! Just finished authoring Season 1 of "The Virginian" to Blu-ray. End result shown below.

EPISODE SELECTION:

(Pics of Top Menu for each disc: Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4, Disc 5, Disc 6)

SETUP:

(The "Setup" options are accessed by navigating "Right" at any time, then navigating "Up/Down" to access the given option. Pressing "OK" toggles your selection "On/Off". Navigating "Left" takes you back to your previous selection. And no, the "Play All" option does not follow the traditional implementation. It simply determines what happens when a given episode finishes playing. If the "Play All" option is "On" the next episode immediately plays, otherwise you're taken back to the Top Menu instead.)

RESUME:

(Playback of the selected episode begins immediately if there's no resume point. If there's a resume point the above prompt is given instead, the "Resume Playback" option being selected by default if the episode selected is the same episode that can be resumed.)

(The resume prompt is always displayed if there's a resume point available. In the above example playback of "Episode 1" can be resumed. Selecting "Begin Playback" starts playback of "Episode 3" from the beginning. Selecting "Resume Playback" resumes playback of "Episode 1". In this scenario "Begin Playback" is selected by default.)

POPUP MENU (EPISODE SELECTION):

POPUP MENU (SETUP):

An added note regarding the "SETUP" option if I may. When implementing this is decided to keep track of the current selection, irrespective of whether you're on the TOP MENU or POPUP MENU. If the "PLAY ALL" option is currently selected for example, i.e. the option is highlighted giving you the ability to turn it on or off. When leaving, then returning to the "SETUP" option the "PLAY ALL" option will still be selected. Same for the "SUBTITLE" option. This is especially useful when accessing the "SETUP" option from the POPUP MENU which also remembers which menu page you were last on, episode selection and the setup options being separate menu pages. This provides for quickly accessing the POPUP MENU to turn subtitles on or off for example. I turn subtitles on and remove the POPUP MENU while on the SETUP page. I return to the POPUP MENU and am taken to the SETUP page, the "SUBTITLE" option still selected. I turn subtitles off and remove the POPUP MENU. Doesn’t get much easier than that. Yes, I could use the "SUBTITLE" button on my remote control instead but what fun would that be.

Last edited by Lowpro; 4th August 2023 at 01:06.
Old 19th June 2023, 19:30   #76  |  Link
Lowpro

The Virginian: Seasons Two and Three (1963-1965)

I'm slowly making progress on my authoring of "The Virginian" to Blu-ray. Just completed Season 2 and Season 3. End result shown below for those interested in checking it out.

(Pics of Top Menu for each disc: Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4, Disc 5, Disc 6)

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd June 2023 at 14:05.
Old 21st June 2023, 01:20   #77  |  Link
Lowpro

True Detective: The Complete Third Season (2019)

I took a break from my authoring of "The Virginian" this evening and churned out the below. Went with a basic "Quick-Play" menu this time. Thought I'd share the end result.

Last edited by Lowpro; 21st June 2023 at 01:26.
Old 29th June 2023, 00:59   #78  |  Link
Lowpro

Homicide Hunter: Season 1 (2011)

I started authoring the TV series, "Homicide Hunter" to Blu-ray today. Just completed Season 1. I repurposed one of the Blu-ray menus I created for "The Virginian" in this case. Thought I'd share the end result. See below.

EPISODE SELECTION:

(The current episode is selected by default. Navigating up from the first item wraps around to the last item and vice versa. When activating an item a prompt is displayed if playback can be resumed, the options given to "Begin Playback" of the selected episode or "Resume Playback" from where you left off.)

SETUP:

(The "Setup" options are accessed by navigating "Right" at any time, then navigating "Up/Down" to access the given option. Pressing "OK" toggles your selection "On/Off". Navigating "Left" takes you back to your previous selection. And no, the "Play All" option does not follow the traditional implementation. It simply determines what happens when a given episode finishes playing. If the "Play All" option is "On" the next episode immediately plays, otherwise you're taken back to the Top Menu instead.)

RESUME:

(Playback of the selected episode begins immediately if there's no resume point. If there's a resume point the above prompt is given instead, the "Resume Playback" option being selected by default if the episode selected is the same episode that can be resumed.)

(The resume prompt is always displayed if there's a resume point available. In the above example playback of "Episode 1" can be resumed. Selecting "Begin Playback" starts playback of "Episode 3" from the beginning. Selecting "Resume Playback" resumes playback of "Episode 1". In this scenario "Begin Playback" is selected by default.)

POPUP MENU (EPISODE SELECTION):

POPUP MENU (SETUP):

Last edited by Lowpro; 4th July 2023 at 19:11.
Old 6th July 2023, 07:01   #79  |  Link
Lowpro

Homicide Hunter: The Complete Series (2012-2020)

Well that didn't take too long. Here's the entire spread.

(See my prior post for pics of the "SETUP" and "RESUME" related menu options.)

(Additional pic: Disc 2)

(Additional pics: Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4)

Last edited by Lowpro; 13th July 2023 at 05:12.
Old 9th July 2023, 12:35   #80  |  Link
doobre

Hi Lowpro, I have a rather dummy question regarding the BD-RB "quick-play backup" option, which I am sure you would have checked out a while back, before you took the level of menu creation/editing to a vastly new sexy level... but if you can advise me on probably this simple question about that option.

I am firstly trying to get BD-RB to create/author a BD-25 containing two titles (total size 19.5gb).
1.Following threads found here I set BD-RB to quick-play backup.
2. Select the two .mkv files.
3. BD-RB scans the files and does it stuff.
4. the resultant iso outputted by BD-RB displayed on VLC shows the 'space' menu background and nothing else, no text. Clicking anywhere makes no diff.
5. On the VLC menu Tools\Codec info shows a list of titles on the iso, the contents show only one title (video+audio+subs)
that's it....
Any idea what I am doing wrong..!?
Cheers CD

here is the log from BDREBUILDER
---------------------------------------
[07/09/23] BD Rebuilder v0.61.28
[21:48:23] Source: BD-RB_SOURCE
- Input BD size: 16.70 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:55:13.974]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Quick-Play Reauthoring mode enabled
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow), 1-Pass VBR
- Decoding/Frame serving: NVENCC
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[21:48:24] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:48:24] Processing: VID_00001 (1 of 2)
- [21:48:24] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [21:49:26] Reencoding video [VID_00001]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,192 frames
- Bitrate: 12,243 Kbs
- [21:49:26] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 1
- [22:03:29] Video Encode complete
- [22:03:29] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4353 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
- [22:04:35] Multiplexing M2TS
- [22:06:13] Processing: VID_00002 (2 of 2)
- [22:06:13] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
- [22:09:12] Reencoding video [VID_00002]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,192 frames
- Bitrate: 12,326 Kbs
- [22:09:12] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 1 of 1
- [22:23:59] Video Encode complete
- [22:23:59] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
- [22:23:59] Multiplexing M2TS
[22:28:15]PHASE ONE complete
[22:28:15]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [22:28:15] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- [22:28:15] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
- Building menu structure...
[22:28:24] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[22:28:24] Writing BD structure to ISO file
- ImgBurn completed successfully
- BD-RB_SOURCE folder removed.
- WORKFILES folder removed.
[22:38:05] JOB: BD-RB_SOURCE finished.
doobre is offline   Reply With Quote