Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 19th November 2008, 02:24   #1  |  Link
setarip_old

Wall-e

The older DVDFab HD Decrypter v.4120 readily and correctly processes the R1 version of the new Disney release "WALL-E".

Disney is now using "XProtect" or similar copy protection, messing with the directory entries, among other things...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 03:34   #2  |  Link
codename_46

In case others (like me) are wondering where you can get this older version....

http://www.globalshareware.com/freew...-Download.html
codename_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 04:40   #3  |  Link
kkloster21

the Wall-e disc that i have says that it is MKBv9. how are you able to decrypt it?
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 05:02   #4  |  Link
KenD00

He is talking about a DVD, not a Blu-Ray .

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 05:21   #5  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Yeah, the disc is lovely. The movie is Title 30, I believe, and most of the titles, if not all, preceeding that title are garbage. AnyDVD also handles this disc.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 05:32   #6  |  Link
kkloster21

i see. i thought that because he was using DVDFab HD that it was high def. my mistake.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 05:43   #7  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Is MKBv9 Handled by Slysoft???
Old 20th November 2008, 22:23   #8  |  Link
cwl7454
Dragon Slayer

I was under the impression that Wall_E is a current release, I had no idea that it was availible in April.

WALL-E
Opened June 27, 2008 | Runtime:1 hr. 37 min

Foxconn P45A-S/Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHZ/Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro/16GB OCZ2VU80016GQ DDR2 800MHZ/Radeon HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 PCIe Crossfire x2

Last edited by cwl7454; 20th November 2008 at 22:31. Reason: researched release date
cwl7454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 00:07   #9  |  Link
setarip_old

@cwl7454

Hi!

My reference to an April date is regarding the date of issue of the ripping program I used (DVDFab HD Decrypter v.4120), not the DVD "WALL-E"...
Old 21st November 2008, 14:17   #10  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Oh dear.

This has gone way OT. setarip_old merely reported in post 1 that DVDFD (old version) managed to rip WALL-E and that Disney has increased/amended its copy protection. Now that seemingly innocuous announcement has plummeted into a debate between program fanboys and somehow has devolved into a debate about the merits of updating a program or whether to turn on or off the scanner (which is clearly not Artificial Intelligence but a nice way of describing the exploration of the DVD). None of this has anything to do with the topic people!

Now, back on topic please and no more fighting between program fanboys.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:29   #11  |  Link
setarip_old

UPDATE:

I had previously stated:
Quote:
BTW - You'll notice that, regarding "WALL-E", I was not able to report successful ripping by what IS my favorite (payware) one-click program, DVD95Copy Pro - because the most recent version (and all previous versions, as well) can't successfully rip it. So, just like AnyDVD was apparently "hardwire"modified, I guess DVD95CopyPro will need another "plugin" (which obviously has nothing to do with adaptable, self-changing, Artificial Intelligence) to deal with this latest version of Disney's copy protection.
Please note that the very recently released DVD95Copy v.3.9.167 can properly process the R1 version of "WALL-E".

Also, rather remarkably, if you have at least 60Gb of hard drive space (for INITIAL work by the program) and plenty of time, the November/December 2006 RipIt4Me v. 1.6.4 can also properly process the R1 version of "WALL-E"!
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:10   #12  |  Link
Wombler
Affable Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Also, rather remarkably, if you have at least 60Gb of hard drive space (for INITIAL work by the program) and plenty of time, the November/December 2006 RipIt4Me v. 1.6.4 can also properly process the R1 version of "WALL-E"!
60GB is a phenomenal amount of temporary data.

How long do you mean by plenty of time?

Wombler
Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:48   #13  |  Link
setarip_old

@Wombler

Hi!
Quote:
60GB is a phenomenal amount of temporary data.
That's why I mentioned it ;>} (The DVD's directory contains file listings totaling 60GB. While current programs such as DVD95Copy and DVDFabHD Decrypter apparently avoid ripping and then eliminating the multiple filesets, the very old RipIt4Me v.1.6.4 first rips all of the filesets and then, during "Step 3B", eliminates the 10 unneeded filesets, hence requiring the 60Gb of hard drive space)
Quote:
How long do you mean by plenty of time?
Several hours.

Obviously, the two year-old RipIt4Me is not the ideal program for ripping a DVD with this newest copy protection scheme - but I thought it was interesting to note that it was capable of successfully (eventually) generating a proper rip of this DVD...
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:53   #14  |  Link
SamuriHL

LOL. It's good to see that R4M can still handle this crazy stuff. 60 gigs. ROFL! But, it says a lot that it gets the job done eventually. It really is an impressive piece of code. Good to see that your favorite DVD95Copy has added support for this new protection, as well. It's nice when the software producers get things fixed quickly for their users. Yes, I agree, it'd probably better if updates weren't necessary, but, the studios just keep on trying with these crazy protection schemes. As long as the software producers keep up, then users can make their backups as they should.
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:37   #15  |  Link
setarip_old

As a sidenote, I was surprised/befuddled to see that in Explorer, the loaded DVD is indicated to have a total size of 7.30GB, yet if you then "Open" the disc in the drive, the "VIDEO_TS" folder is indicated to have total contents of 59.9GB. Vague recollections of UDF versus ISO came to mind.

Anyone have any specific knowledge regarding this apparently anomalous behavior?
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:40   #16  |  Link
SamuriHL

It sounds similar to XProtect or FluxDVD protections but if R4M can deal with it then it's not exactly the same. Somehow they've managed to corrupt the file system. You could be right about the ISO vs UDF thing. Definitely not a fun protection whatever it is. Usually Disney tends to use RipGuard so I'm wondering if this is some new macrovision thing perhaps?
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:08   #17  |  Link
frank
Banned

The simple old way to rip such crappy new DVDs is:
Use ISOBuster in combination with (an old) AnyDVD and copy your 8 GB DVD to hard disk, the fault sectors including.

Then start PgcEdit to indicate and clear the unused and fault sectors. Repair your DVD. No updates no AI and other tools needed.

And... this procedure works with every new protection.
Because standard DVD players must be able to play a DVD (interpreting PGC) by using UDF.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:27   #18  |  Link
setarip_old

@frank

Hi!

1) Have you successfully used your described procedures on this SPECIFIC DVD (R1 "WALL_E" - or any other Region version tha has the identical copy protection scheme)?

2) Your "simple old way" appears to be less "simple" than using one of the "one-click" methodologies (used by the "masses") discussed here.

3) If you're a registered owner of AnyDVD, there's no reason to use "an old" version of it - and by using the current version (based on postings by others to this thread), it would seem there's no need to use ISOBuster and PgcEdit with it
Old 24th November 2008, 00:10   #19  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitricpyro View Post
I tell you what... I'm going to try it even though all of my experience with the program has led me to believe it to be a very limited program that produces a "joggy" at best video stream... just for you! Why you ask, well I have a new computer (4x the cores, two times the ram) everything is freshly installed (again) and I've had tons of success messing with the Flags (honor, ignore, forced film etc) (which is the answer to my other posts) and this is the first one that it hasn't worked on. But, since you are so sold on this program, if I get the output that I expect, and not what you are telling me it SHOULD produce then I expect you to never repond again with "MPEGMediator." Otherwise, I will gladly put my foot in my mouth and appologize on the forum. Deal?
@nitricptro

Your last post is simply inflammatory. This is needless.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 09:46   #20  |  Link
Wombler
Affable Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Obviously, the two year-old RipIt4Me is not the ideal program for ripping a DVD with this newest copy protection scheme - but I thought it was interesting to note that it was capable of successfully (eventually) generating a proper rip of this DVD...
Interesting indeed albeit more of a curiosity than anything given the long time required.

RipIt4Me is still my favourite ripper although more frequently now I'm having to use DVDFab HD Decrypter for the odd few discs.

It's quite a tribute to that program though how long it's kept going without any development.

Wombler
Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote