Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 27th July 2010, 20:07   #1  |  Link
Flux

Spline36resize as default in MPC with ffdshow?

You can use Avisynth to process videos in Media Player Classic with ffdshow in realmtime, but I have no idea how to set Avisynth the way that it will calculate Spline36resize parameters automatically so it will resize higher resolution video to my lower resolution display?

By the way, why Spline36resize produce a bit different colors than MPC's default "touch window from inside" resize?
Old 27th July 2010, 20:12   #2  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

"touch window from inside" - is not a resize but one of the ways how picture represented on the screen
colors probably different because you resising SD to HD or vice versa, they use different color coefficients, so you need to take this into account
also did you tried buit-in spline resize in ffdshow? I don't know what spline exactly is used but maybe you'll like the results.

EDIT:
as for calculate parameters... Try something like this:
w=width()
h=height()
tw=1280 # horizontal resolution of your screen here
Spline36resize(tw,tw/w*h)
But this is not perfect (if works at all). There probably should be some rounding corrections and additional checks to get only mod2 (or mod4?) resolutions... I'm too lazy for something better, sorry.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 27th July 2010 at 20:37.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote