Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old Yesterday, 03:57   #61461  |  Link
SamuriHL

I wouldn't go that far. It's certainly taken a back seat to Envy because that's how they make their money. But madvr serves a purpose within the framework of that model. Which is to help improve the Envy. Right now the focus is on improving HDR, as it has been for the past couple years. And honestly, there have been some really nice improvements in that area in the past few builds. And more to come as the curve situation is figured out. PC development has stalled a bit at the moment as they were working on geometry shaping on the Envy (for the extreme, anyway). Now that it's implemented and the latest beta is about to expire, we'll see if focus is shifted back to the PC world for a bit. That is unknown. I would expect to see at least a new build with a new expiration at a minimum before the end of the month, but, honestly that's just a guess. I know it's not awesome to be considered the red-headed step-child of the video rendering world, but, we get fed once in a while. LOL
Old Yesterday, 06:17   #61462  |  Link
ryrynz

Beta test releases which expire aren't actual releases though :P So if you get some use out of the tonemapping all well and good I guess. But who's to say those features won't be disabled in a new test build relegating the test build to exactly what it's intended for, testing new features. Time will tell, it's been two years now.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19   #61463  |  Link
chros

It's clear now that nothing major will happen, for wharever reason they are scared sh1tless that madvr is in the way of the sales of envy. And no reg system will change that.
The current situation tells you everything: they don't even care to compile a new build to get rid of the annoying message. That's basically like spit on the face of those testers...
Old Yesterday, 16:21   #61464  |  Link
SamuriHL

Well....you can always switch to one of the madvr competitors. LMAO
Old Yesterday, 17:16   #61465  |  Link
nghiabeo20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Well....you can always switch to one of the madvr competitors. LMAO
What is a worthy one? I switched to mpv since MPC development stopped, and never look back, though I understand madvr IQ is better.
nghiabeo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:39   #61466  |  Link
SamuriHL

That was sort of the joke there in my response. There isn't one.
Old Yesterday, 18:44   #61467  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghiabeo20 View Post
... since MPC development stopped ...
Last version is one day old...

Apart from addition of dark there, seekbar preview, youtube-dl integration, updated LAV, webvtt sub support, mpcvr support, cue sheet support, A-B repeat, and lots of stability and performance improvements, nothing interesting has changed though
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling