Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2007, 19:56   #241  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
I don't know this option? What is it use for?

Should be possible with shader i think ...
That's a very important option, it's used for positioning subtitles when rendered internally by MPC.

If it's checked, it positions it relatively to the FRAME, if not it positiones them relative to SCREEN (e.g. in FULLscreen mode) and that makes sizes and positions for styled subs completely off. Unfortunately not all people know that option and then start bitching that MPC doesn't render subs properly :P

if you can do that conversion, by all means do try it, might solve probably MAIN problem in video rendering :rofl: ^^

Quote:
I have try with latest ffdshow Vista optimized, configure to do just YV12 -> RGB convertion and i have no jitter with EVR custom and no crash with EVR. What kind of video are you reading? You have something else activated on ffdshow?
I use casual clsid build, i have XP SP2 with .NET 3.0 installed. I have 7600 nvidia with 160.02 drivers. On some drivers versions (iirc 101.09) i could have played in RGB32 on default EVR, but it was anyway much more CPU consuming (than VMR9 in same mode). Is there any difference between vista optimized and casual ffdshow builds on XP ?

NOTE! I do not use pitiful DVD rezo for tests, all above was tested on 720p video.

Edit
Just for illustration, all rendered via custom presenter:
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs215&d=07221&f=gits1rgb32.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs215&d=07221&f=gits1yuv2.jpg

For cross-check, rendered via VMR9 renderless, that's RGB32 too!
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs215&d=07221&f=gits1VMR9.jpg

Last edited by Egh; 28th May 2007 at 20:07.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:13   #242  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillKotscha View Post
do I need ffdshow's postprocessing option enabled if I use EVR??...

because if I enable postprocessing in ffdshow and set it to automatic postprocessing than the picture is really blurred / to heavily post-processed... so I've disabled it

in other words - I don't need ffdshow's postprocessing anymore if I've enabled EVR ?...

thx, sill
post-processing really doesn't have anything to do with the renderer used. It should look about the same in everything from GDI to Overlay to VMR to EVR.

If it's making it all smeared and blurry then you're just cranking PP up too high; for divx/xvid-type sources it should be around 40%, for avc it should be totally off (newer versions will disable it automatically), and for raw it has to be tweaked very specifically.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:19   #243  |  Link
JarrettH

I wonder if Gabest will continue delveloping MPC
Old 28th May 2007, 20:22   #244  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
I wonder if Gabest will continue delveloping MPC
Hardly doubtful.

That's why we all so happy one more developer appeared
And with new ideas to keep project running, what is really important, since until Casimir
nothing really new was added in MPC for about a year.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:29   #245  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
Is there any difference between vista optimized and casual ffdshow builds on XP ?
No difference on XP. In Vista the only difference is an additional option for selecting an audio device for multichannel audio. BTW, my builds are also 'Vista optimized'.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:37   #246  |  Link
JarrettH

Nm...found all the changes in your sig

haha ok answered all my questions after I looked about the new options in this mod

Last edited by JarrettH; 28th May 2007 at 20:50.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:46   #247  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
post-processing really doesn't have anything to do with the renderer used. It should look about the same in everything from GDI to Overlay to VMR to EVR.
first thanks for your answer but are you really sure?... 'cause if I use VMR9 without post-processing in ffdshow it is nearly the same result as with VMR7 (windowed) in conjunction with ffdshow's post-processing...

so, at least visually, I can see a difference using different renderer with/ without post-processing...
Old 28th May 2007, 21:54   #248  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Yes i received : your sub are working on my XP but i've just discover they are not on my Vista. I'll have a look
Actually I'm using XP.... Only the embedded subs don't work though. I'll try to make a proper sample so more people can test it.

[EDIT]
Sample file here. Password=> "doom9"

Using Drevil's MPC subs are rendered properly while with Casimir666's MPC I only see subs at 00:02 and at 00:35.
Same settings were used in both MPCs. Used Haali media splitter and renderer, ffdshow for a/v decoding and MPC internal subs renderer.
The main text never shows only the additional one like when 2 subs for 2 different people that are talking at the same time.

The more people test this the better for more accurate feedback.
WinXP SP2
GF 6800GS 158.22
DX 9.0c April 2007[/EDIT]

Last edited by Kado; 29th May 2007 at 00:44. Reason: Added sample file
Old 29th May 2007, 01:34   #249  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
[EDIT]
Using Drevil's MPC subs are rendered properly while with Casimir666's MPC I only see subs at 00:02 and at 00:35.
Same settings were used in both MPCs. Used Haali media splitter and renderer, ffdshow for a/v decoding and MPC internal subs renderer.
The main text never shows only the additional one like when 2 subs for 2 different people that are talking at the same time.

[/EDIT]
I don't see subs on Casimir build at all in this sample. I tried both VMR9 and CustomEVR. Shows as usual on normal MPC build.
Old 29th May 2007, 02:07   #250  |  Link
Rash

Well, as far as the screensaver / power off problem, I know that WMP disables them and I believe so does KMPlayer. May I suggest then MSDN's official forums?
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...D=129&SiteID=1

I ran a search on this forum but couldn't find anyone with similar problems. Having the screensaver or the monitor powering down while watching a video is annoying indeed.

Great job, Casimir! Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh, by the way, before I forget. I've noticed that the way MPC handles its file associations ruin other applications associations (i.e, MPC directly modifies other applications keys currently associated with the extension, for example WMP11.AssocFile.avi). This is not desired. So, I've created a reg file to use Vista's new File Association mechanism (that is handled by Vista itself, program independent). You can go to your Default Programs -> Set your default programs to see some applications that use this method. Anyway, my reg didn't work on my system but I believe it is related to a specific problem I have. I don't have the reg file here, but if you guys are willing to test or simply have a look at it, I might send it to you when I get home.

I followed all instructions provided by Microsoft here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...t_programs.asp
They are actually quite simple, and using Vista's new File Association scheme doesn't seem to be a problem.

Last edited by Rash; 29th May 2007 at 02:15.
Old 29th May 2007, 02:54   #251  |  Link
darkjedi

I tried this out today, and for some reason, Vista turned to Aero Basic while playing. Also D3D Fullscreen, I couldn't get the MPC menu to come up at all, or even Alt-Tab to work. Is there any performance difference between EVR and VMR9? Or even picture quality?
Old 29th May 2007, 05:53   #252  |  Link
JarrettH

Is d3dx9_29.dll required in the same directory? I update my DirectX monthly.

Ohhhh wow! I was a bit skeptical or just old fashion for using Gabest still <3

The colours are noticeably improved (vibrant) and the picture sharper while maintaining the film grain.

Question though...when I enter D3D mode fullscreen if I right click the menu instantly disappears and I can't double click the screen to return the video to window mode. I have to ctrl/alt/del to close the program.

Also, is it possible to restore page up and page down to skip through chapters?

Last edited by JarrettH; 29th May 2007 at 06:14.
Old 29th May 2007, 06:38   #253  |  Link
ShadowVlican

Kado's sample plays perfectly with drevil_xxl's latest MPC build:
http://tirnanog.fate.jp/mirror/Misc%....drevil_xxl.7z

however once replacing mplayerc.exe with "MPC HomeCinema v1.0.7.0" the subtitles become random again (opening and closing various MKV files will result in some working and some not working)

replacing it again with drevil_xxl's build... everything works as expected lol
Old 29th May 2007, 06:55   #254  |  Link
JarrettH

heavennnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 29th May 2007, 07:26   #255  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi
I tried this out today, and for some reason, Vista turned to Aero Basic while playing.
Try to update your video card driver, the problem should disapeared in windowed mode at least.

Quote:
Question though...when I enter D3D mode fullscreen if I right click the menu instantly disappears and I can't double click the screen to return the video to window mode. I have to ctrl/alt/del to close the program.
Ctrl+C to close video, or Ctrl+X to exit MPC

Quote:
Also, is it possible to restore page up and page down to skip through chapters?
There are not in the shortcuts list?
Old 29th May 2007, 07:36   #256  |  Link
JarrettH

Thanks Casi, took a little toying around, but changing the modifier to None removed the "alt" key and left pg up, pg down.
Old 29th May 2007, 08:35   #257  |  Link
skafidask

first of all thanks for updating MPC i really like this player.
I downloaded latest build by Casimir666 and i tried the evr custom renderer, although i got good results and subs on all mkv files i tried with direct3d enabled or disabled, i have a little problem. when i use evr custom i don't get DXVA 2.0 from my 8600gt, by the way i am using vista 32bit and 160.03 drivers from nvidia. It is like playing in vmr9 mode with no acceleration, can this be fixed??
Old 29th May 2007, 12:20   #258  |  Link
Pyr0
Video N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
Actually I'm using XP.... Only the embedded subs don't work though. I'll try to make a proper sample so more people can test it.

[EDIT]
Sample file here. Password=> "doom9"

WinXP SP2
GF 6800GS 158.22
DX 9.0c April 2007[/EDIT]
Tested with the same config, Haali renderer and splitter & ffdshow for a/v and Casimir's 1.0.7.0 build
If I try to play the file with DirectVobSub completely disabled ("Do not load" in the VobSub General tab), the subtitles seem to be rendered offscreen:

But if I play the clip with VobSub loaded (but with "Hide Subtitles" selected, otherwise i have 2 sets of subtitles on the screen), using the internal subtitle renderer to display the subs works just fine:

Tested in Vista Ult. x64 with all updates
8800GTX & 158.43 drivers

[EDIT]
I also have a 1.0.7.1 build from Casimir which appears to render the subtitles correctly without VobSub loaded and also seems to fix the bug when using Haali's renderer where left-clicking to pause doesn't work

Last edited by Pyr0; 29th May 2007 at 12:40.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:12   #259  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@Pyr0
Tried the same you did (VobSub in graph and "Hide Subtitles") but it still the same.
These are the only subs I can see from internal renderer:

Actually the subs appear in their correct positions, but only those lines...
Can you provide that build (v1.0.7.1) for testing or it would be software leaking since is not on sourceforge?

[EDIT]
Also I only get tearing with Direct3d Fullscreen option enabled, in both EVR custom presenter and VMR9. I'll try to use other video driver revision.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Kado; 29th May 2007 at 16:43.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:33   #260  |  Link
Casimir666

[QUOTE=skafidask;1008624]i have a little problem. when i use evr custom i don't get DXVA 2.0 from my 8600gt[QUOTE]
Where did you see if DXVA 2.0 is activated?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc