Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 27th April 2024, 11:05   #20581  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1) click edit
2) name it
3) save
4) new item should be added to combobox

Old presets are not compatible with new version that's why they are hidden now.

Quote:
OK, will give that a try...what am I looking for, tho ??
you are looking for error messages.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 27th April 2024 at 11:07.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2024, 12:14   #20582  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
1) click edit
2) name it
3) save
4) new item should be added to combobox

Old presets are not compatible with new version that's why they are hidden now.
Yep, that works, but I swear, it didn't before I posted that msg.

Last edited by FTLOY; 29th April 2024 at 03:26.
FTLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2024, 12:16   #20583  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Just run that .cmd and see what you get. Probably some script error or shared folder is inaccessible.
Old 27th April 2024, 16:39   #20584  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOY View Post
I'm suddenly have a very strange problem

I have 2 PC's virtually identical, except for the CPU & GPU, one will process certain scripts, the other errors, and just loops in DE.

Did a fresh Windows setup, installed what RB likes, still same problem.

While I'm writing this, I'm thinking it might be the GPU, even tho the script is NOT GPU dependent, but the PC's that work have nVidia, the one(s) that don't have AMD....

But then I remembered that rlev11 mentioned the other day that's he's running an AMD GPU...so it shouldn't be that.
First thing I can think of to check is: Can you run the same script on the failing PC running ripbot client as a stand alone on that pc, NOT in DE mode.

Assuming the PC that is looping is just setup as a encoding server for DE. Is it an smdegrain script? Did you run the script to install the 3 Libfftw3f-3 Dll's on that PC. Pretty sure that is the only thing that has to be run on an encoding server to get it to work with an smdegrain script.

Also check to make sure you can connect to a file share both directions between the client to the server.
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2024, 00:27   #20585  |  Link
Epitaph

Quote:
I will try to explain with some example.
Let's say you want to keep DTSMA or TrueHD untouched but at the same time you want AAC as second track for compatibility reasons.

First we define which file extensions ripbot should select. first checks for .dtsma text in file name and then for .thd if first criteria is not met.
Then We define how we want to treat those audio tracks. If file extension is .dtsma then we COPY for AUDIO1 and encode to AAC for AUDIO2.
Obviously you have to do the same for .thd in this case.
I created my own profile and it works well most of the time but it (and the default [auto] profile) are leaving the audio unselected for a .dtsma track
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iee...usp=drive_link
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2024, 03:26   #20586  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

I've noticed quite a bit lately is that a chunk will be happily encoding, and for no apparent reason, will simply restart from the start of the chunk.

And one more, I have also been getting way too many Socket Errors, and it's mainly 100054.

Quote:
Common Socket Errors and Codes

10001: This means host not found. There are a few things that could be causing this. The hostname or IP address could be entered wrongly. The server might be down. There might be a problem with your internet connection.

10050: It means that the network is down. This can be caused by a variety of things, but most commonly it’s caused by a failure of the network system, the network interface, or the local network itself. Basically, something went wrong with the connection between your computer and the server.

10051: If you receive a socket error 10051, it means that the network is unreachable. This usually occurs when the local software does not have a route to reach the remote host. To fix this, you will need to establish a route to the host. One way to do this is by using a VPN or proxy server. You can also try pinging the host to see if it is online. If you are still unable to connect, then you may need to contact your ISP or network administrator for assistance.

10052: The error is caused by a broken connection due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while the operation was in progress. This can happen if the connection is reset or if setsockopt is called on a connection that has already failed. To fix this, try setting SO_KEEPALIVE on the socket. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the connection.

10053: This is usually caused by a software issue on your end. When you’re connected to the internet, your computer establishes a connection with another computer and they exchange data. If there’s something wrong with the connection on either end, it can cause this error.

10054: If you’re getting the “Connection reset by peer” error when you try to connect to a remote host, it means that the host has suddenly stopped responding or been rebooted. This can happen if the network interface is disabled, or if the remote host uses a hard close. Keep-alive activity can also cause this error if it detects a failure while one or more operations are in progress. In most cases, this error is temporary and will resolve itself automatically.

10061: Your connection is refused. The FTP server isn’t running or is not listening on the port you’re trying to connect to. Or a firewall may be blocking the connection – in this case, you’ll need to open up the appropriate ports in your firewall settings.

Last edited by FTLOY; 29th April 2024 at 03:25.
Old 28th April 2024, 08:32   #20587  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Does 12.avs open in mpc-hc on E5-2697 pc?
Old 28th April 2024, 09:38   #20588  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Does 12.avs open in mpc-hc on E5-2697 pc?
OMG, OMG, OMG....

It WAS the AMD GPU's, BUT I had completely forgotten that one of the plugins in this particular script was CUDA dependent

Code:
DGHDRtoSDR:Cannot init CUDA
And it also appeared to be a memory leak as well, it was using 99% of the RAM, and I was having crashes, etc, etc.

So sorry for wasting your time, I might go back and edit some of the previous posts.

Last edited by FTLOY; 29th April 2024 at 03:29.
Old 29th April 2024, 13:48   #20589  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
So sorry for wasting your time, I might go back and edit some of the previous posts.
No worries. I got used to it.
Old 29th April 2024, 13:52   #20590  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
I created my own profile and it works well most of the time but it (and the default [auto] profile) are leaving the audio unselected for a .dtsma track
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iee...usp=drive_link
Show me how did you configure your preferences.
Old 29th April 2024, 16:28   #20591  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Can RipBot accept this:-

Prefetch(12,1)

Reference this post..

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...64#post2001164

Last edited by FTLOY; 29th April 2024 at 16:31.
Old 29th April 2024, 17:05   #20592  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Try custom script

Code:
#Prefetch
video=Prefetch(video,12,1)
Old 29th April 2024, 18:24   #20593  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOY View Post
Can RipBot accept this:-

Prefetch(12,1)

Reference this post..

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...64#post2001164
Are you doing a deep dig to try to figure out why the 16 core Ryzens puke on 4k without using the "/avisynth-prefetch-threads 12" in the encoding server command line??

If so please keep us updated if you find a better (more performance) way to do this
Old 29th April 2024, 20:41   #20594  |  Link
Epitaph

Quote:
Show me how did you configure your preferences.
[Audio1]
File=.dtsma;.thd;DEFAULT;English;1_audio;
Ext=.aac;.ac3;.dts;.dtshr;.dtsma;.eac3;.flac;.mp1;.mp2;.mp3;.ogg;.opus;.thd;.w64;.wav;.wma;
.aac=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|192 kbps;
.dtsma=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.ac3=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.dts=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.dtshr=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.eac3=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.flac=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.opus=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.thd=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
Old 29th April 2024, 21:07   #20595  |  Link
jimbobub

Updater or program version issue with windows 10?

Ripbot264 1.26.0.7 runs fine whether updated or not. When updated, using autoupdate, it messes up other programs on my windows 10 i3 computer such as multiavchd(unable to mux menu and create playlist), airvpn eddie(can't use internet when turned off) and 7zip(extracting errors). I had to use system restore to have those programs run properly again. When installing ripbot no warnings came up saying that other software needs to be installed. I have one computer. Is it due to the later version of the program or the update process itself? Is autoupdate modifying files outside of the ripbot file? The program is great and handles videos that contain both 29.97 and 23.976 frame rates. Other ones that I have used, such as handbrake, don't seem to handle these type of videos without some dropped frames. The cropping function is great. It maximizes the size of the video until the top and bottom of the screen is reached (4:3) and adding the black bars to the sides. With widescreen formats it maximizes the size of the video until both sides are reached and adding black bars to the top and bottom. It maintains the aspect ratio. The preview script is great too. Before installing for the final time and not having other programs messed up, I turned on network block using the vpn software that I have. When running the program, I turned off autoupdate. Finally I was trying to have audio passthrough when trying to make an .mp4 file. No luck. So I finally tried .mkv which was I was looking for. Mkv contains the avc video and does audio passthrough, works fine with multiavchd and plays fine on my blu-ray player. I will donate now that I know the work around. Thanks.
jimbobub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2024, 22:18   #20596  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Looks ok. I see no reason why audio with .dtsma extension would not be automatically selected.
Old 29th April 2024, 22:38   #20597  |  Link
rlev11

So is it really necessary to have the dtsme file extensions in the File line if you also have the DEFAULT;English;1_audio; there. even if it isn't, it should still process dtsma since it is listed further down??
Old 29th April 2024, 23:43   #20598  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

.dtsma=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;

That line tells ripbot what audio encoding profile to use when selected audio file Has .dtsma extension

.dtsma;.thd;DEFAULT;English;1_audio;

Is used for file selection only.

IT basicaly means if .dtsma text in file name is preset then select IT
Else if .thd is present select IT
Else if default text is present select IT
Else if ...
Old 30th April 2024, 00:00   #20599  |  Link
Epitaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
So is it really necessary to have the dtsme file extensions in the File line if you also have the DEFAULT;English;1_audio; there. even if it isn't, it should still process dtsma since it is listed further down??
I have had a hand full of instances where a dolby digital track was listed as track 1 and the dtsma/thd track was track 2. I almost overlook it everytime and encode with the wrong audio.

@Atak_Snajpera, I am at a loss then. I had it happen several times this weekend, using those audio settings I end up with no audio selected. I am about to run another movie with dtsma and we'll see what happens.

EDIT: This time it selected the stereo commentary track "2_audio_English.ac3" and ignored "1_audio_English_DEFAULT.dtsma". Strange.

Last edited by Epitaph; 30th April 2024 at 00:42.
Old 30th April 2024, 00:18   #20600  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Show me full filenames of all audio tracks when wrong file is selected

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360