Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 26th January 2007, 15:04   #181  |  Link
2bigkings

thanks for information dvdguru. very interesting!
i think to change the layer info should not be a big problem.
they were successful with double layer media for xbox360, so there will be a tool for changing the layer info for blu-ray movies / games in the future.
2bigkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 15:17   #182  |  Link
kuklitis

need some further clarification/short guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguru View Post
The problem is that some devices only play BDAV and not BDMV if the support is a BD-RE or a BD-R.

BDAV= format for home made HD videos
BDMV= format for pre-recorded HD film

The Samsung BD-P1000 & the Panasonic BD-10 CAN play BDMV (so the ripped film) with menu & everything, I do all the test and I can confirm it.
I'am little bit confused regarding term "support is a BD-RE or a BD-R" ... Does it mean that device can phiscally tell the diference detwwen stamped media and BD-R/BD-RE media ? Or is just the firmware that allows playing BDAV folder = home made/authorized videos and therefore it also allows BD-R/BD-RE media ?
What if ripped film gets durned on BD-R under BDMV ?

Quote:
The PS3 can't player BDMV, and is not for incompatibility but it's a Sony decision. They can unlock this when the want, like Samsung.

Samsung BD-P1000: first firmware plays BDMV. 1.1 & 1.2 don't play BDMV. And now the latest play BDMV. It's a politic reason.
Or is the whole sing going around that you removed whole AACS folder in order to play ripped movies all devices just considers it actions against existance/absance of this folder and not BDAV/BDMV namings ?
kuklitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 15:50   #183  |  Link
xyz987

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklitis View Post
I'am little bit confused regarding term "support is a BD-RE or a BD-R"
He means "disk is a BD-RE or a BD-R"
xyz987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 16:34   #184  |  Link
dvdguru

Sorry, support = disk.

Yes, the device can recoglize the type of disc. A player recognize if a disc is a BD-ROM, a BD-R or a BD-RE disc. There are some info about the support written into the inner area, so via firmware you can force the playback of a standard on a certain type of disk.

In BDAV there is a folder called BDAV into the disk root.

In BDMV (produced with Roxio DVDit HD) there is a folder called BDMV into the disk root.

In BDMV (prerecorder, for ex a film) there is a folder called BDMV into the disk root.

So if the player look only @ file structure, it plays everything without any problem. But it checks for disk type, so plays only format that are authorized. And BDMV is not authorized for some players like PS3.

Disc volume is not important when you burn: every blu ray has the same disc volume name but i change it in my backups without any problem.

Don't burn AACS directory: if you burn AACS dir the player look for encrypted M2TS, your disc is not encrypted and the player eject it. So burn only BDMV directory.

The layer change is a big problem in my opinion. When now you burn a DVD+R DL Nero adjust for you the information about layer break (that you must remove in ifo or during the ripping with DVD Decrypter option).
So in Blu-ray we need to find the layer break info (imo is in the playlist file), we have to cancel that info and then we need a burning software that put the layer break position during the burning @ the correct position.

Black Hawk Down is a 47 Gb BD. There is a 23 Gb M2TS file and another 23 Gb M2TS file. I think that the first file is on layer 0 and the second file is placed on layer 1. The player plays the first file, finds the layer break info and changes layers. And everything work.

But if I burn now this movie with Nero Nero put on the first layer 23 Gb + 2 Gb of the second file. Then change layer and write the other part of file. But the lyer change info are still here, and @ the end of the first file the player try to change layer.
dvdguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 17:00   #185  |  Link
kuklitis

still some questions

Quote:
Sorry, support = disk.

Yes, the device can recoglize the type of disc. A player recognize if a disc is a BD-ROM, a BD-R or a BD-RE disc. There are some info about the support written into the inner area, so via firmware you can force the playback of a standard on a certain type of disk.

In BDAV there is a folder called BDAV into the disk root.

In BDMV (produced with Roxio DVDit HD) there is a folder called BDMV into the disk root.

In BDMV (prerecorder, for ex a film) there is a folder called BDMV into the disk root.

So if the player look only @ file structure, it plays everything without any problem. But it checks for disk type, so plays only format that are authorized. And BDMV is not authorized for some players like PS3.

Disc volume is not important when you burn: every blu ray has the same disc volume name but i change it in my backups without any problem.

Don't burn AACS directory: if you burn AACS dir the player look for encrypted M2TS, your disc is not encrypted and the player eject it. So burn only BDMV directory.
OK, thanks, now all thing are getting more clear to me

Quote:
In BDMV (produced with Roxio DVDit HD)
you first mentioned that home made video are stored into BDMA type folder ! Shouldn't stuff produced with Roxio DVDit HD must be considered as home made video ?
Waht happens if we rip the movie and then burn it on BD-R under BDMA folder to disguise it as home made ? Is it completely different structure or it somehow downgrades home made video quality playing back and it's no more 1080p ?
kuklitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2007, 17:25   #186  |  Link
dvdguru

BDAV and BDMV are totally diferent format.

BDAV= only video, lower bitrate, no menu, no interactivity. And also a different file structure.

Roxio DVDit HD is a professional authoring tools and with it you can produce BDMV. BDAV is the format for Cyberlink PowerProducer or Ulead, mass market software.
dvdguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2007, 02:59   #187  |  Link
iampivot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear bit View Post
Well, it would be a lot more difficult, first of all there is no such thing as 'the one and only device key', each device is assigned a set of device keys together with their u,v subtree mask (cfr specs).
The media key in the MKB on the disc is encrypted using a number of keys (say n times with n keys), this number is dependent on the number of actual revocations (the larger the number of revocations, the more encrypted entries you will find).
The device will search for a working key in it's device key set (complicated search using the uv masks, the device number, the device keyset, and a key derivation alg...) and will be able to use it to decrypt just one of the n encrypted media key entries. If the device is revoked it will not find a matching key in it's set and will not be able to get to the title key.
So in order to use this 'device key mechanism', one needs to discover all the keys assigned to a player and their corresponding u,v subtree mask + the device number! So this is a lot more then finding 128 consecutive bits in memory.
Is this key derivation algorithm also part of the AES-128 specification, or is it specific to AACS?
Old 28th January 2007, 11:36   #188  |  Link
PepsiLee2001

I got a problem......

The "SHA-1 hash code" under the CPSUnit00001.ccs are the same in the following 2 blu-ray titles:
"House of Flying Daggers" and "Ultraviolet"
PepsiLee2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 12:29   #189  |  Link
mrazzido

i think its offtopic when pls delete.

i installed windvd jap. edition on a second pc , i made an iso of my ripped movie the iso is mounted by deamon tools. when i try to start the film he want that i change region code to B , is there a chance to change region on windvd without a bluray drive inside? the option is "locked" without Drive.
mrazzido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 16:26   #190  |  Link
johner23

See above:

---> http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=320788

Now, the other step is to deal with BD+ protection and some other schemes that industries will take, trying to solve the situation about Blu-Ray and Hd-DVD weak points.

---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD+

All the help from community will help a lot Muslix64 and some other people, much willing to stop DRM abusive behaviours towards us, the consumers !!

Thanks.

devil (johner)

Last edited by johner23; 28th January 2007 at 16:30.
johner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 20:21   #191  |  Link
Shinigami-Sama
Solaris: burnt by the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazzido View Post
i think its offtopic when pls delete.

i installed windvd jap. edition on a second pc , i made an iso of my ripped movie the iso is mounted by deamon tools. when i try to start the film he want that i change region code to B , is there a chance to change region on windvd without a bluray drive inside? the option is "locked" without Drive.
try ghosting your drive?
that way you can play however you want and just restore the original
Shinigami-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 22:18   #192  |  Link
nuclear bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
Is this key derivation algorithm also part of the AES-128 specification, or is it specific to AACS?
The key derivation alg is part of what is called 'subset difference based key management', it is used by AACS.
I've been reading about this and it seems a very flexible way to implement the revocations. If you are interested in this don't read the AACS specs they are too short on explaining this topic. There is a much better explanation in : http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/d...ference-00.txt
unbreakable if you ask me...

Last edited by nuclear bit; 28th January 2007 at 22:44.
nuclear bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 23:05   #193  |  Link
6ixed
Lazy User

BD+ Protection can be cracked too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johner23 View Post

Now, the other step is to deal with BD+ protection and some other schemes that industries will take, trying to solve the situation about Blu-Ray and Hd-DVD weak points.

devil (johner)
Here's an interesting observation I found, from an Industry Insider...who states, that its just a matter of time, before BD+ can be cracked too...along the lines of AACS crack....

Posts from forum somewhere... Link

and then the Industry Insider proceeds to explain it in some detail in this Link

6ixed
6ixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 22:47   #194  |  Link
HD Hell

Any news on the Volume keys yet?
HD Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 23:10   #195  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixed View Post
and then the Industry Insider proceeds to explain it in some detail in this Link
The "insider" is from "Washington State". Microsoft perhaps?

They've invested quite a bit into HD-DVD.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 23:14   #196  |  Link
He-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixed View Post
Here's an interesting observation I found, from an Industry Insider...who states, that its just a matter of time, before BD+ can be cracked too...along the lines of AACS crack....

Posts from forum somewhere... Link

6ixed
BD+ was turned down by the HD DVD forum and will only be implemented on Blu-Ray.
Of course Amir says BD+ on Blu-Ray will be easy to crack, he is a HD DVD insider (not Blu-Ray insider) who works for Mircosoft and Microsoft is supporting the competing format HD DVD which will not use BD+.
Old 30th January 2007, 00:39   #197  |  Link
mrazzido

i find a way to change the region settings in windvd without have any bluray drive inside :-) yeah the movie works on my second pc yet .
Old 30th January 2007, 09:02   #198  |  Link
K40

Can you explain how to change the region setting in Win DVD
without connected Blu-ray Drive?
Another question is about changing the Blu-ray regions A or B when the drive is connected.I heard you can change 5 times.
So if the first Disc inserted is region A,the drive will ask if you want set it to region A and then you can change it another 4 times.
Which means with the last change you have a region A drive.
Or after the first region set you can change 5 times which means
you end with a region B drive ?
K40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 12:30   #199  |  Link
mrazzido

here is the tool ...Click... , it activate the "grey" windowze buttonz.

start the tool then push "start" , then start windvd BD edition, go to the window where change region , and watch the buttons avaible :-) (the timer is 0 but it works ehhe.
Old 31st January 2007, 07:43   #200  |  Link
hajj_3

this topic should be renamed to: "BackupBLURAY, a tool to decrypt AACS protected movies"
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote