Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd September 2011, 00:28   #1  |  Link
johnmeyer

Undo interlaced resizing mess

Here is a five-second clip of news footage from 1971 that was shot originally shot on 16mm film:

News Footage

Problem: As you will see, the film has three good frames followed by two bad frames. My assumption is that the film was telecined to 29.97 interlaced, and then this interlaced version was resized, but resized as if it were progressive.

Merely doing an IVTC on this, or doing a separatefields() and then trying to do something with the individual fields won't work, I don't think.

I know that Didée, one of the ultimate gurus on this subject, has said in other postings on similar subjects that there isn't much that can be done for something like this, but I thought I'd ask, just in case someone has some ideas. I potentially have to deal with several hours of this footage, and I may not be able to get hold of the original source.

Thanks!

Last edited by johnmeyer; 22nd September 2011 at 01:54. Reason: Added: "resized as if it were progressive"
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artifacts, interlace, resize, telecine