Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 1st June 2007, 15:15   #301  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
Why is it d3dx9_29.dll?
What if I put d3dx9_31.dll?

If not there it will automatically look in the system folder?
If you download directx from the Microsoft website and run it, it will only download the newer components it needs. Directx is updated every two months now, and the updates are for Xp, XP x64, Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit. Yes there are updates for directx 10 already. The one install file is used, it downloads the necessary version.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dxwebsetup.exe

Thats the download for the April 2007 release. The reason why you should install it from there is that its almost wrong to include just the directx file, as different versions are required for different operating systems. That is, the Xp version of the file is different to the xp x64 version.

The Directx10 updates in the April release, for the actual dll files include:
d3dcompiler_33.dll
d3dx10_33.dll
d3dx10.dll

Not that many files, but updates to Directx 10 anyway! So if you real installing the directx pack for April etc on Vista is wrong, then they're wrong! - this was circulating on the web a while back, the first dx10 update for directx came in the december release.

If the file is not in the Media Player directory, it will just use it from the system directory, and use the correct version! as long as you have installed the update.

These are more correctly described as Directx extensions...
Old 1st June 2007, 17:59   #302  |  Link
Pyr0
Video N00b

The powersave & screensaver problems in Vista seem a lot better, but it makes me wonder just how Windows Media Player 11 does it

Code:
windows media player 11.0.6000.6324	- window in focus, video playing 	- screensaver -no    powersave -no
VLC player 8.6a				- window in focus, video playing 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -no
Media Player Classic 1.0.8.0 		- window in focus, video playing 	- screensaver -no    powersave -no
KM Player 2.9.3.124			- window in focus, video playing 	- screensaver -no    powersave -no

windows media player 11.0.6000.6324	- window in focus, video paused 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -yes
VLC player 8.6a				- window in focus, video paused 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -no
Media Player Classic 1.0.8.0  		- window in focus, video paused 	- screensaver -no    powersave -no
KM Player 2.9.3.124			- window in focus, video paused 	- screensaver -no    powersave -no

windows media player 11.0.6000.6324	- window in background, video playing 	- screensaver -no    powersave -no
VLC player 8.6a				- window in background, video playing 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -no
Media Player Classic 1.0.8.0  		- window in background, video playing 	- screensaver -no    powersave -yes
KM Player 2.9.3.124			- window in background, video playing 	- screensaver -no    powersave -yes

windows media player 11.0.6000.6324	- window in background, video paused 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -yes
VLC player 8.6a				- window in background, video paused 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -no
Media Player Classic 1.0.8.0  		- window in background, video paused 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -yes
KM Player 2.9.3.124			- window in background, video paused 	- screensaver -yes   powersave -yes
The 3rd party media players can disable the screensaver & powersave depending on the window positions, but Media Player 11 is the only one that can do it properly and disables them only when active

If i forget to tell MPC to "close after playback" and fall asleap watching a movie then my monitor stays on, brightly lit, all night
Old 1st June 2007, 18:00   #303  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Why is it d3dx9_29.dll?
What if I put d3dx9_31.dll?

If not there it will automatically look in the system folder?
Just one more thing to complete burfadel reply : MPC load only the d3dx9_29.dll, so even if you update your DirectX it will not load d3dx9_30 or greater.
Old 2nd June 2007, 05:34   #304  |  Link
iron2000
Questioning User

Not that I'm picky, I'm really glad someone picked up MPC development.
I think that putting Casimir666 at the titlebar and options seem a bit unprofessional to me. Putting it in the About dialog is fine though.

Anyway is it possible to include a sharpness control in the VMR9 controls?
Old 2nd June 2007, 05:56   #305  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
What is YUV mixing for? the M$ page just seemed to describe it as something that would benefit old cards with low amounts of memory.
It's necessary there, but it's still a bit faster (lower CPU) even on modern cards. ffdshow queuing doesn't work at all with it though, so it's no longer useful for me.

My preferred shader would be a YUV 16-240 -> RGB 0-255, with chroma upsampling and a bit of dither, to totally eliminate banding. (As well as a 0-255 -> 0-255 and 0-255 -> 16-240 for completeness.) It's vitally important that everything be combined into one set of calculations to minimize 8-bit roundoff errors that add up into banding and noise.
Old 2nd June 2007, 06:47   #306  |  Link
Delerue

Quote:
I think that putting Casimir666 at the titlebar and options seem a bit unprofessional to me. Putting it in the About dialog is fine though.
I agree.
Old 2nd June 2007, 17:20   #307  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerue View Post
I agree.
I disagree. My support to Casimir, as long as you keep your gr8 work, you can have your own picture in mpc even
Old 2nd June 2007, 19:43   #308  |  Link
Delerue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
I disagree. My support to Casimir, as long as you keep your gr8 work, you can have your own picture in mpc even
Hmmm... It reminds me the history with the guys that make subtittles for free over the Internet. They insist to pop up their names in the beginning of the movie, and in the end. But, hey, it's not enough. They keep their names for a loooong time, even in the middle of a import scene. Yeah, they don't wait until the movie is finished; they really want to show their names at any cost. The funny thing is that these people like to say 'I made the subtitle, so I do whatever I want'. Wow! Really impressive argument...

The work of Casimir is great. I can't say the opposite. But as iron2000 said, it's not professional write his nick in titlebar. Besides, isn't necessary, don't you think? Put his name inside the 'About' menu is pretty good IMHO.
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:19   #309  |  Link
Seb.26
20-35 a win for Revolver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerue View Post
The work of Casimir is great. I can't say the opposite. But as iron2000 said, it's not professional write his nick in titlebar.
Hmmm ... Maybe must you buy a profesionnal software
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:51   #310  |  Link
GmorG McRoth

Not in this day and age, now they slap PRO on everything.

I do not say it's good to put your name on someone's else work, making it look like you are original author, but this does serve the purpose in this case (though simple +, or PLUS would be enough) Casimir666 in title bar is good identification. You know that it's modded/branched version.
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:53   #311  |  Link
JarrettH

I prefer his name in that title. That way *I* know I am using a mod, and others who download who do not view About know are not using Gabest's release.

Last edited by JarrettH; 3rd June 2007 at 05:19.
Old 3rd June 2007, 02:48   #312  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Bring the features, stop babbling about titles and stuff.
Old 3rd June 2007, 03:02   #313  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirber View Post
Bring the features, stop babbling about titles and stuff.
x2 (yes, it is a brisbane)
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:45   #314  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

We should be happy that there's someone carrying on with the MPC development and not annoy him with complaints about the window title bar! Who cares about that? I don't, at least. So Casimir, please ignore the naysayers. There are enough of us being thankful for your work. Just my 2 cents...
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:25   #315  |  Link
Henrikx

Quote:
I agree, also because of that 666 absurdism.
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:47   #316  |  Link
clsid

The registry key is the same as the title bar. That should be fixed. I don't mind the titlebar itself. But perhaps it should be altered a bit once the mod is more stable.
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:19   #317  |  Link
burfadel

I say change the name to MPC - Homecinema, use the homecinema numbering, change the interface (it desperately needs modernising), and use the homecinema numbering system. He can honour Gabest in the about box... much like Dgindex does honouring the original dvd2avi.

Casimir should continue the fine work he is doing the name change and numbering is simple, but someone else with programming knowledge could work on the much needed interface update, Yes it is functional but its off-putting to new users, and without new users interest in developing a product dwindles...

A nice yet attractive new interface won't affect the file size too much if done correctly, nor will it slow down the system.
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:32   #318  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
I say change the name to MPC - Homecinema
I agree.
Quote:
use the homecinema numbering
I agree.
Quote:
change the interface (it desperately needs modernising)
I totally disagree.
Quote:
and use the homecinema numbering system.
That one is a duplicate; I'm afraid we can't score that...

But yes, I think changing the name in the title bar to "MPC Homecinema" or something similar would look more, eh, "professional" - no offense, but I can think of a few people that are going to raise an eyebrow over the "Casimir666" in the title bar... not me, though...

np: The Black Dog - Apt (Book Of Dogma)
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:45   #319  |  Link
Casimir666

I didn't thought this titlebar will generate so much discussions. It was changed just to identify it was not the official release, and not to spoil Gabest work.

Next release will be named "Media Player Classic - Homecinema" as burfadel suggest.
Old 3rd June 2007, 16:48   #320  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

maybe short version like MPC-Hc in the title bars?

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc